Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LoL... Because why not?

Go down 
+26
Shai
Fuwakomoriya
BlackTea7
That_Wiesel_Guy
AhegaoMaster
EXNova
Nilla
Turkeysaur
Steffan
Tickle
Strykerr
NotZetsubou
Saitama
Relict?
Ryu Haruse
Aurum_Sol
ngelicdark
Electric
Koiro
Gerrion
Tuskin
Aria
Yokura
Valkyrie
Winty
Seraphcrim
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 8:38 pm

finally started doing ranked. fourth game was first victory.:

Was dumb and tried a jungler I wasn't used to for first match.

DC'd during champ select on second.

Got shoehorned into playing ADC on third (and one player quit very early on).

Just need to hope I get top or jungle so I can do what I can.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:32 am

Relict? wrote:
finally started doing ranked. fourth game was first victory.:

Was dumb and tried a jungler I wasn't used to for first match.

DC'd during champ select on second.

Got shoehorned into playing ADC on third (and one player quit very early on).

Just need to hope I get top or jungle so I can do what I can.
Sad as it is you will most likely be put in the tier where your MMR indicates you to be.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm okay with this:

Just need to get better and better!
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Relict? wrote:
I'm okay with this:

Just need to get better and better!
You will, congrats!
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm

that's pretty good for your first time doing placements. Back in S2 i came out below the 1200 and had to work my way up.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:52 pm

@Valky thanks for the encouragement!

@Winty Oh, awesome.

windy dunno had to claw his way up there and now he's carrying teams ;_; too manly.

EDIT: I should just stop trying to force my way into udyr jungle. I'm incomparably better with volibear jungle.

Also, I need to get out of this division quick. I kept ganking for a Ryze who didn't know how to CS.
77 CS in 30 minute game.
The enemy midlaner, Yasuo, had 188 CS.

And this fucking Ryze is in my division and just reached his provisionals. AAAAAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 am

Anyone got items to recommend for jungle Eve? I used to always play her full AP but heard she has been changed during the time I haven't played. I also don't know most of the new items besides for the support ones.

Friends want bot lane so Imma be jungle this time and I'd like to play Eve since it's been a while. Though a lot say that full AP Eve isn't that viable anymore now. ; -;
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:01 am

jungle eve builds are basically just randomly clicking around in the shop to buy a series of items completely unrelated to each other in function.

i suggest starting off with THE LIZARD PENIS JUNGLE ITEM. It does good damage and is your core damage item.

People generally then go for the LARGE TOWER SHIELD ITEM. This item allows you to be very strong and live a long time while you burn people with your lizard penis.

The third item that is usually always built on her is THE AS/LS SWORD ITEM. Also known as the BOT-ROK. This allows you to live and do good damage with your kicks and slaps, also makes you go EVEN FASTER which is very good since eve is already quite fast this provides synergy with going fast, resulting in going fast.

From there you can just build random tank items like abyssal, banshee veil, sunfire, spirit visage, whatever your team needs, or you can get MORE DAMAGE with DFG, trinity force, or even WITS END.

Like seriously just buy random items and it'll probably end up as a pretty decent build as long as you don't get a hurricane or a atmas.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 am

Hmm.. what about Trinity? She seems to benefit from pretty much all of the stats it gives.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 am

Shai wrote:
Hmm.. what about Trinity? She seems to benefit from pretty much all of the stats it gives.
That's usually something AD Eve likes, but you could just try it out in some normal I guess.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:40 am

Anyone tried the new April Fool's gamemode? The rapid fire thing. Its quite fun, especially with poke champs. I've had success with Lulu and Syndra so far.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 am

The new mode is pretty fun, in ARAM it becomes a clusterfuck. Though annoying champs have become even more annoying now.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:20 am

fun mode ruined by tryhards in the very first day.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:38 am

Winty wrote:
fun mode ruined by tryhards in the very first day.
Isn't that inevitable?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 2:47 am

blind pick, despite having no bans, isn't populated by people who only pick the best characters.

URF is 90% "pick shit with poke/CC."

Like if you pick a melee damage character outside a small pool of 6 or so, you're going to have a terrible time because you'll just be poked and CCed to death.

like the people who just do blitzcrank alistar lanes since you will NEVER get to move once they have you, or the people who pick brand to just perma-stun someone to death.

It's highly amusing the first time, but after that it's like why even play against it

i just wanted to fuck around with irelia or nocturne or something but it looks like I just have to pick tryndamere and build AP to have my laughs at the people who think it's possible to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 am

The most hilarious champions I've played are probably warwick and poppy.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 5:59 am

Janna's pretty fun. She used to be able to put 3 shields on the turret, but they changed it so it refreshes now. It's still almost impossible to destroy a turret without killing her though.

Then there's Nid, Jayce, Lux, Ex, Veigar, Karthus, Soraka, Sona etc that everyone is playing like every single match now. Can't ban them all so you'll end up seeing 1/2 of these on both teams each match.

Most fun matches for me were probably Janna and Skarner. Should try Maokai since he's really mana hungry. I won't have that problem now. And Swain. Unlimited ult. I'd like this mode to stay tbh, since it's fun to play and I don't really see a reason to remove it. The ones that dislike it can still play their games normally.
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 12:23 am

Just started playing League... does anyone have any advice on champion selection? I've only played Ryze, Ashe, and Doran, and Doran is the only one I'm able to play even remotely well. I'm doing badly even in the tutorial. oAo

Little help here?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 am

There's no champion called Doran. Perhaps you mean Garen?

I can only really offer advice about Top and Jungle because that's all I play (unless I'm forced into Sup. If that happens, fuck you, I'm using Volibear).

Top Lane

Renekton is strong and straightforward. He, like many other top laners, is resourceless (doesn't use mana so he doesn't have to back to base to refill) so he has sustain.
His skills are easy to use (and has an additional effect when you have enough fury, so you gain additional benefits)

• Q - AoE hit that clears creep wave (and can let you heal)
  • W - an on-hit stun (that either hits twice or thrice)
  • E - A gap-closer that can be used twice if you hit with the first one (and can shred armor)
  • R - Health steroid with AoE damaging aura

He's overpowering in the early phase in the game due to great base values (but falls over towards late game because his scaling on his skills is not that strong).

Most of the time you bully the opponent and win your lane. They then try to roam because you're that much stronger than them so they need to get EXP elsewhere, which means you then split-push (try to kill enemy minions as fast as you can so you can reach and then destroy the enemy towers while your team is off doing other stuff). It applies pressure on the enemy team because they have to send at least one member to stop your push (if you're really fed, as in, you really destroyed your lane opponent, they might have to send multiple members to deal with you, so that means your team has the advantage in numbers). Sadly, a lot of people don't understand split-pushing.

You usually build full tank (well, that's how it was for Rene last season). These days some people rush Tiamat and into Ravenous Hydra, which I find kind of silly.

Ryze is starting to see a lot of play in top lane, as well. He's easy to use, as well, so if you do well with 'em, stick with it.

Volibear is one-directional, but he's strong in that way.

• His Q flips the enemy behind him.
  • Once they land, use your E to slow them down. Your E also allows you to win trades because you fear enemy minions and monsters when you use them. So while your minions attack the enemy while they fight back, their minions are too busy being feared to start attacking you.
  • After three basic attacks, you can use his W, which is an execute that does more damage the less HP the enemy has. You can preemptively stack his W by attacking minions and then using Q -> E -> W.
  • His R adds additional damage to his basic attacks and hits nearby enemies with lightning.
  • His passive lets him recover a lot of HP once his HP total drops below 30%, which may let you live long enough to finish off the opponent when you two try to go toe-to-toe to the death.

He also fares very well against most of the flavor of the month top laners.

However, he is easily kited because he has no gapclosers. Towards endgame, you will more of a peeler (basically, instead of initiating, you guard the ADC and squishy midlaner. You use Q to flip them away from your team and you use E to AoE slow them). He also has horrendous wave clear when he isn't using his R.

Stack HP items (Kindle Gem, Giant's Belt) since his W also does extra damage based on how much additional HP you have.

Jungle
Stay away from jungling for now. This role is very rune dependent (unless you're using Warwick or Udyr) and you shouldn't be buying runes until you're at least level 20, anyways.  

Basic tips

• FOCUS ON CS / CREEPSCORE. Just try to lasthit as many minions as you can. That way, you get more money to buy more items to finish your builds to destroy your enemy.
  • Buy wards. Use your trinket. They may let you know if the enemy jungler / roamer is trying to gank you.
  • You don't always have to be aggressive. In fact, don't go over the halfway point of the lane if you don't have Flash as an insurance (or if you have warded the surrounding area very well or if you have sight of the enemy jungler who is on the other side of the map.
  • If you start fighting the lane opponent and they refuse to run even though you're clearly going to win, consider running to safety. That could mean that they are counting on the enemy jungler, who might be near the area, to jump in and 2v1 you. Or it could mean that they're stupid and thought they could fight you when they couldn't. So they'll burn flash to escape or something.
  • Time everything. Take note when they burn their summoner skills. Take note when dragon is killed (he respawns in six minutes). Take note when Baron is killed (he respawns in seven minutes; his buff lasts for four minutes). If you know exactly when they are up, you can plan ahead and rotate down to secure the objective.
Back to top Go down
EXNova
Potato Thinking
Potato Thinking

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 am

Where in the hell did I get Doran? I definitely meant to write Garen. In any event, thanks for all the help, Reli!

Also, I'm trying to save up for Renekton, but it's taking forever... What's the fastest way to earn influence points?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 am

No problem. I'm not as experienced as some people on this forum, though. Hopefully they contribute.

Bot games.

Or just play once a day, get your win of the day bonus, and go do other things.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Man, we were winning and then our Panth goes and leaves us.

I made sure I didn't KS him, either. Helped him get big against Garen. He had 10 of our kills.

Our Fizz didn't know how to farm safely, kept feeding, and was lower level than our Panth even after he was gone for 20 minutes.

I could have played better, yeah, but I was doing fine for most of the game.

Spoiler:

It's times like these which makes me not want to play Ranked
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:27 am

Long hiatus here, Challenger now.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 am

I can build on what Reli stated, I main Support most of the time, so I'll provide on that.

Support is the other guy in the duo bot lane, along with the ADC. Usually tasked with the warding and protection of carries. Support's role is kinda like CB's, help the team with heals, crowd control, buffs etc. In lane, you'd want to babysit your ADC by healing him, buffing him, having a presence so that he can farm easier (not just sitting in a bush), make plays to get him fed (if possible) and to ward the surrounding area so that anyone roaming to bot lane doesn't screw you guys over.

Tips as a support

• Don't take cs. This contradicts what Reli said in his post but there's a reason for it. Usually the ADC, not you, is gonna be the one dishing out damage later on, therefore, you shouldn't take the cs so that he can get his damage items and stuff faster.

• Don't take kills. Other than getting verbally bashed for it, the gold gained would be better on the ADC rather than you in most cases. Of course, you should take it in various circumstances, like if you know you can get it after your ADC's dead.

• WARD. Although each team member has the responsibility to ward, most of it falls on supports. Places to ward off the top of my head: the river area near dragon, tri-brush. Wards provide vision, alerting of ganks. Later on during the mid and late game, you'd want to be warding the area around objectives like Baron (worm) and Dragon. A good item for this is the Sightstone and its upgrade, Ruby Sightstone

• Having a presence. Don't camp in the brush forever. If you show them who's boss by poking at them or running at them as an aggressive support (Bitchcrank, Leona, Thresh) or poking them with things like Sona, Lulu, Annie, Zyra, they'll be spooked and back off, giving your ADC more breathing room (most of the time). Of course, there's certain things to take note, like who the enemy support is. e.g. if you go too aggressive as a squishy like Sona and get caught by say, Blitzcrank, chances are, you're dead.

• Protect ADC. They are squishy, but have more damage potential than you do later on. You'd want to take damage for them or help them avoid taking damage. Of course, there will always be a dumbass that takes free damage for no good reason, I suggest bearing with it and telling him not to do so.

Reli's 3rd and 4th point important, don't ignore.

EASY SUPPORT TO START WITH

Honestly, not to sure on this. Soraka's the easiest since all she does is heal, heal, heal, but in the current meta of heavy cc, she isn't really that useful with just a silence. I thought of recommending Annie, but she's kinda a one-trick pony as well since her main selling point as a support are "instant" stuns. I guess I'll use Sona as an example here, since playing her teaches proper positioning (so you don't die), her spells are easy to understand and her kit has quite a bit of utility overall. Taric is good to start with as well, but I'm biased to Sona since that's how I started  Very Happy 

Sona
Passive- Every third spell cast gives an additional effect on next autoattack and said autoattack will also do more damage. DOES NOT APPLY TO R
If Q, double damage (of the AA). This is good to poke with.
If W, target's damage output is reduced for 3s
If E, Applies a 2s slow to the target

All of Sona's spells, except R, have a passive aura if it was the last spell cast

Q- On activation- Deals damage to 2 targets in range, prioritizing champions. Your poke skill.
 - Aura- Gives allies (self included) additional AP and AD within a certain range.

W- On activation- Heals nearby ally and Sona. Also gives extra MR and Armor for 3s. Prioritizes lowest health percentage ally
 - Aura- Gives allies (self included) bonus Armor and MR

E- On activation- Grants extra movement speed to nearby allies and self for 1.5s
 - Aura- Extra movespeed within certain range for allies and self

R- A 1.5s AoE stun

In lane, you'd want to poke at enemies with Q and autoattacks while making sure you yourself don't get caught. Do not all-in until level 6 (preferably). When engaging as Sona, you'd want your R to hit more than one enemy. You can use Flash to close the gap and hit enemies further away and catch them off guard. Follow engagement up with Qs and AAs. Retreating is the same thing, use R, and spam E and W. Later on when teamfights start to begin, you can still initiate, but you should almost always return to your carry to protect him.

Build wise, usually all supports build the same thing. This consists of items like Mobility or CDR boots, Ruby Sightstone. Items that have CDR/Mana regen are good too like Mikael's Cruscible (Crucible also allows to cleanse CC, very useful). Aura items like Aegis of the Legion also help the team, so get that. The jungler can get Locket too, and the passive doesn't stack, so communicate to see who should build it. Also, since you won't be farming creeps, its nice to get gold generation items like Ancient Coin, Relic Shield and Spellthief's Edge. Usually you'd want the Coin for mana and hp regen AND later on it builds into Talisman of Ascension, which gives speed boost for engagement/ disengagement. This Shield gives more HP regen than Coin, and has a passive which allows you to execute a minion and give hp and bonus gold to a nearby ally. Its final upgrade allows you to give a shield based off you current health that deals damage after 4s. Spellthief's gives AP, mana regen and when you hit an enemy or tower with an autoattack or skill, you get gold. Final upgrade applies a slow.

I think my post is getting a bit lengthy Embarassed , I should stop about here. There's probably someone else here that can give better insight than me, so don't take my advice like the word of god.

@Aria congratulations
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 5:06 am

GG EUW.

Everyone has 500+ ping and keeps DCing and reconnecting. Sure can see that it's a Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

LoL... Because why not?
Page 12 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com