Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LoL... Because why not?

Go down 
+26
Shai
Fuwakomoriya
BlackTea7
That_Wiesel_Guy
AhegaoMaster
EXNova
Nilla
Turkeysaur
Steffan
Tickle
Strykerr
NotZetsubou
Saitama
Relict?
Ryu Haruse
Aurum_Sol
ngelicdark
Electric
Koiro
Gerrion
Tuskin
Aria
Yokura
Valkyrie
Winty
Seraphcrim
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 7:22 am

Seraphcrim wrote:
You can play support with anything that is quite tanky and/or has a lot of cc. I tend to play Annie/Lulu (fuck your nerfs riot)/Xerath/Velkoz/Lux/Morgana (spell shield op)/Maokai/Nidalee/Volibear/Nautilus/Alistar/etc. I haven't been a low leveled player for seasons but I think that Sona, whilst having nice heals and utility, is quite frail and you might end up being a liability.

About warding: jeez it's season 4 with a free ward you shouldn't put all the warding on the sup.

@Aria: Congrats Aria
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:05 am

Valkyrie wrote:
You can play support with anything that is quite tanky and/or has a lot of cc. I tend to play Annie/Lulu (fuck your nerfs riot)/Xerath/Velkoz/Lux/Morgana (spell shield op)/Maokai/Nidalee/Volibear/Nautilus/Alistar/etc.

Mmm, last time I checked, Morgana was being used as a counter to Leona sup because of her shield.

Quote :
I haven't been a low leveled player for seasons but I think that Sona, whilst having nice heals and utility, is quite frail and you might end up being a liability.

I'd say the same. Ganking for a bot lane with Sona is a bit difficult because she doesn't offer anything to help besides a slight movement speed increase. This changes once she hits level 6, but still.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:16 am

Valkyrie wrote:
Seraphcrim wrote:
You can play support with anything that is quite tanky and/or has a lot of cc. I tend to play Annie/Lulu (fuck your nerfs riot)/Xerath/Velkoz/Lux/Morgana (spell shield op)/Maokai/Nidalee/Volibear/Nautilus/Alistar/etc. I haven't been a low leveled player for seasons but I think that Sona, whilst having nice heals and utility, is quite frail and you might end up being a liability.

About warding: jeez it's season 4 with a free ward you shouldn't put all the warding on the sup.

I agree about warding, however some people's old habits die hard and say "I'm not support, I don't need to ward" and some bullshit like that.

On Sona, agreed. Annie does a better job of AoE stunning with it being almost instant and she has more damage than Sona. There's also Leona with AoE stuns and a lot tankier too. And on heals we have Taric/ Alistar and they have CC too. I don't really like Nidalee as a support since I like supports with hard CC, but I see how she can be played as a poke support with extra vision from traps
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 am

@Reli: Yeah, it's one of the main reasons people bother playing her as a support. I kind of managed while plahing sora early in season 3, but later on that became harder and harder. Pre-nerf Sona would have been pretty good now.

Seraphcrim wrote:
Valkyrie wrote:
Seraphcrim wrote:

I agree about warding, however some people's old habits die hard and say "I'm not support, I don't need to ward" and some bullshit like that.

On Sona, agreed. Annie does a better job of AoE stunning with it being almost instant and she has more damage than Sona. There's also Leona with AoE stuns and a lot tankier too. And on heals we have Taric/ Alistar and they have CC too. I don't really like Nidalee as a support since I like supports with hard CC, but I see how she can be played as a poke support with extra vision from traps
Well the main selling point for using velkoz, Xerath, Lux, Lulu and Nidalee as a support is that they can fill a role whilst retaining damage. Xerath has good mana sustain, which lets me have more lane presence. What I do with Xerath/Velkoz/Nidalee/Lux/Lulu, is harass. I poke the enemy, abuse their positioning, make them miss cs. The damage they can bring is quite overwhelming and the enemy adc doesn't have the time to buy magRes. I actually prefer Nidalee bot than mid, because pre lvl six she can't wave clear well, but in bot her spear hurts and her heal allows me to go 21/9/0 on her.

Other good mentions are Galio and Jana. Jana can harras pretty well and has good utility, but she's more reliant on her adc. Galio is pretty tanky and can be very annoying in teamfights.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 13, 2014 8:51 am

Valkyrie wrote:
@Reli: Yeah, it's one of the main reasons people bother playing her as a support. I kind of managed while plahing sora early in season 3, but later on that became harder and harder. Pre-nerf Sona would have been pretty good now.

Oh, yeah, they nerfed Sona. Poor Miku.

There's also Nami! I really liked playing her back when I restarted LoL.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 12:04 pm

I hate how they crippled Nami with cd.

W-W-WOMBOOOOO.....C-COMBOOOOO:
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 1:50 pm

Seraphcrim wrote:
@Aria congratulations
Valkyrie wrote:

I quit.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 2:23 pm

i no longer play league of legends unless someone specifically asks me to. Now I just play league of batman.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:32 pm

Aria wrote:
Seraphcrim wrote:
@Aria congratulations
Valkyrie wrote:

I quit.
Eh why?

Winty wrote:
i no longer play league of legends unless someone specifically asks me to. Now I just play league of batman.

Same here. I kind of lost interest a bit, and have been getting horrible lag lately (EUW=terror). Oh, you play IC huh? I've been into smite these days (I'm a dork for things with mythological references)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 3:42 pm

meanwhile I have no interest in comics or any idea what the hell is going on. The only comic book I ever went out of my way to read was The Punisher, but that's the wrong company and I'm pretty sure he isn't in any major recent media anyway.

I got into IC from a friend who used to play dominion a lot. I hated the mode because it was dumb but IC's version of it(apparently the main draw of the game and the only non-beta map) is actually really fun.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
Aria wrote:
Seraphcrim wrote:
@Aria congratulations
Valkyrie wrote:

I quit.
Eh why?

Because Challenger.
I'll just play so I wouldn't decay(7 days before losing LP) or get kicked out because of higher ELO guys.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 am

Sounds like you don't want to be Challenger or just don't care. Might as well let yourself get kicked out so the ones that actually want it can get in Challenger. :L
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 7:57 am

:OO twisted date anyone ? D:
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 am

Syndra, Lucian or Vel'Koz.

I can't pick. Pls help.

I want an APC for mid that I actually like playing. Annie gets kinda boring and I want something besides Ahri. Missed Vel'Koz's free week, but from what I've seen so far, he seems pretty fun to play. I liked Syndra when I tried her, though it's gonna take a bit before I can play her properly.

Lucian is amazing to last hit with, feels so smooth. Was considering Jinx at first, but think Imma get him first before any other adc.

Got all the sups I want and most of the junglers, so I want some mids and adcs.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Shai wrote:
Sounds like you don't want to be Challenger or just don't care. Might as well let yourself get kicked out so the ones that actually want it can get in Challenger. :L

I'll just sit on my Challenger "badge" and play when I get "warned" by the system when I log in.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:47 am

Entire match history filled with Dominion. Idk what to do with my IP. (double IP weekend)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 am

I wish I had the time to play during that timeframe. Then I could have bought my attack speed quints.

Spoiler:

Didn't do bad. I tried Nocturne the other day for a few games straight, but I didn't have the right mindset for Feral so I went on pretty bad tilt. Now I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Then again, this was not a ranked game.
Also, no traditional ADC. That's how it goes in team builder, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 3:27 pm

What do you mean? You're more likely to get a proper ADC in Team Builder then in blind pick.

I quite like Team Builder so far. People actually get the roles they want to play and are mostly confident about what they play and know what they're doing. There are also far less ragers and trolls from my experience.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:21 am

Shai wrote:
What do you mean? You're more likely to get a proper ADC in Team Builder then in blind pick.

I quite like Team Builder so far. People actually get the roles they want to play and are mostly confident about what they play and know what they're doing. There are also far less ragers and trolls from my experience.

No, I think certain people will like to have fun with their bot lanes.
Especially since there's premades.
But yes, besides the results I posted, we've had traditional ADCs done in bot lane in all other games.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 7:29 am

every time I've gone to team builder with 4 people, and needed a mid, we got zed.
team builder: it builds a team for zed to mid
i think one time we needed a top...and got zed.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 1:47 pm

Winty wrote:
every time I've gone to team builder with 4 people, and needed a mid, we got zed.
team builder: it builds a team for zed to mid
i think one time we needed a top...and got zed.
Ever got a jungle zed?
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:18 am

Just click away if you don't want a Zed, it's the most picked lane so you'll get a new mid in just a few seconds.

Since you can see your team before starting, you can just decline and look for a new team, or refuse someone if you're the team leader.

Personally I don't mind the extra wait time to get a proper team. Blind pick just has fights about who gets what lane the majority of the time.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:35 am

The way I read it, he's just commentating on the frequency of Zed in his games.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:17 am

I wish I saw more Zed, tbh. All I'm getting are LeBlanc and Nidalee. It gets kinda dull when you see the same champions over and over again, especially if you have to lane against them.

I also dislike having a Nidalee on my team when I'm top or jungling. Ganking her lane feels like such an useless thing to do. Most Nidalee players that I've seen lately are playing extremely safe. They'll just throw a spear, most likely miss it, and then pretend like you never ganked in the first place and continue farming in human form.

Not a big deal in Team Builder though, since I can just avoid those champions. The moment you decline one you get almost instantly a new mid laner.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 EmptyTue May 06, 2014 5:33 am

Zed sounds nice compared to them, yes.

I think I'll start playing some Malphite Jungle to counter the Feral Flare jungler hype. I must confess that I've been going along with it when I play by myself in team builder, though. If I'm with my friends, I can play less selfish junglers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoL... Because why not?   LoL... Because why not? - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

LoL... Because why not?
Page 13 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com