Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]

Go down 
+3
MagicPotatoplz
Trill
Ryuuichiro
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] Empty
PostSubject: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi!
I've been wandering around CB for about a week now.
I chanced upon this mech the Vector Eagle (I got it from the lotto)
I really think it's cool the way it transforms and shit (it's so cool *u*)

Anyway, I really think that the built-in homing beam thing is what I really liked about it since it's what I usually use in the Arena to get frags Very Happy
Any help would REALLY be appreciated. So far, I got these stats, parts and carts on the guy:

Vector BD
Vector LG
Vector HD
Vector BS
Accel Saber AM
Accel Saber AM
[default] Beam Bit WB

Enhance int weapon x2
Raise cost capa x3
Float dash

STR 7
TEC 23
WLK 10
FLY 21
TGH 11

--

I've read that AIR types need FLY for mobility and TEC for damage so I swapped out the default arms for Accel Saber's (I got that bot from lotto cube too XD). So far, it's only level 6...so I may need to do a lot more grinding to get up to speed for everything else. Also, I've yet to do anything with regards to tuning. I MIGHT stick with this bot for the long run so I was thinking of waiting for middle-to-late level tune-ups like the Great or EX ones (though I've yet to see guides that have them suggested =.=)

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could give a few pointers on what to use as a main weapon apart from the built-in one? It kinda runs out of ammo and I'd have to suicide myself just so I can get back in the game. I'd prefer something at least semi-homing that has a pretty good rate of fire. (My internet speed's not that great so I can't really keep up if my bullets don't go to where my targets are XD)

So yeah. Bottom line, I'd like a UC-build Vector Eagle that builds around homing to semi-homing weapons but is still acceptable aesthetic-wise. Very Happy I'm kind of a whore for the looks of a robot. XD

Thanks a lot. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone were to help out.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Spoiler:

Pretty run of the mill Vector build. He's spacious, but slot tight in most builds. I can't really suggest any handhelds for him that are low cost enough to not completely gib his other stats. If you dunked prop bits maybe you could end up with something like this.

Spoiler:

Can't say I really reccomend this though...
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:46 pm

I dismantled the whole thing right from where I saw a lack of Float Dash carts on both builds.

Mach Knight LG 3s seem like a must =.=
Hopefully I can get my hands on something like that...
Big Mountaiz BS 3s, too. Any tips on where I could get all those?

There's really no handheld UC weapon fitting the homing to semi homing category for the Vector, huh? Sad I have the Stardust Cannon 2s from the garapon, tho... So maybe I'll try that.

Prop bits... I can't stress enough that I don't have a lot of them yet. I've only just started playing...but I guess it's gonna be a fixture if I get a lot of them.

Overall, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll be needing to level my Vector up again
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Well, Float Dash is nice if you don't plan to just coast around near the more maximum altitudes and fire from above. You could potentially drop Stun Regain or Broad Radar for them if you wanted. As for the parts, aslong as you're not a complete newbie and can bazaar, all of these parts are very readily available, alongside Propellor bits.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for the tip.
Like I said, I've only been here for less than a week.
I've yet to experience my first bazaar, actually, so yeah. Very Happy
Will be farming UC for those UC garapon items. Someone IG told me some of tha stuff you put in those builds come from there too.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 pm

From personal experience I don't see why you should pile that much cost on him, 420 ammo's a lot easier to go through on him than it sounds, especially when his weapon is pure ridiculousness when used with Hyper Shot.

Spoiler:

Can replace some TEC or a cart (I'd replace Quick Boost probably) with Ranger/Eagle tunes and a cap cart.

I'd definitely recommend Float Dash though.

And yeah, all the Accel Saber parts come from Super UC Gara, Big Moutaiz BS-G (gold version) comes from Super UC Gara, 3s Mach Knight LG/Eve Ornament/Cosmic Cola/Beer/Busted Stungun/Dancing Maraca you'll probably want to ask/search for at bazaar.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, I know XD
All my slots are still blank as of this moment.
I'm really waiting for a mid-cost (money/materials) tuning setup that'd really work out with what I have in mind (as what I've said in my starting post)

BTW, is there a copy of a 3s Big Mountaiz BS that's not Gold out there?
I'm really a die-hard idiot for the whole aesthetic/color-scheme/looks aspect of the bot, too, save for the fact that it has to at least be of some use in the Arena.
AFAIK, the gold copies that I do have can't have their colors changed the regular way... I was hoping someone could help me out regarding this too.

I've got 1 copy of the Cosmic Cola and about 3 pom-poms... But I think the cola would be more preffed since it gives +1 TEC (or will the busted stun-gun be more optimal for the TGH bonus?)

Anyway, I'm really learning a lot.
Thanks for the replies.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am

You can get a normal 3s Big Mountaiz BS from the bazaar. Just wait long enough, someone's bound to have a spare one they're willing to sell you you.

You'll want to use the Cosmic Cola for the +1 TEC over the Cheer Pompon's +1 WLK stat.

Getting a Busted Stungun will help get your Vector Eagle to 16 TGH, which is the best general TGH value you should shoot for on almost any robot.

You can either use both a Busted Stungun and a Cosmic Cola to just rely on your core weapon (And beg for ammo supplies if you run out of ammo), or you can put a SDC on him and simply stick with a Cosmic Cola. Either path will work good, but using a Stardust Cannon build will allow you to survive a LOT more since you'll have both a long-distance weapon (The core's blaster) and a close-distance weapon (The Stardust Cannon).

(PS: Irrelevant to the thread, but I was talking with you on my alternate account called "AstralSama". :3)
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:47 am

I'll work to getting the mech up to level 10, I guess.
Rolling on the Super UC gara got me a few level 5 and 8 limit removers so i gotta be thankful for that, too.
As for the BS, I now recently acquired myself the 3s Gold Big Mountaiz. A heavy stroke of luck, I guess. Very Happy Though I'd still gun for a normal one since I can't color this guy in any way. I'll try and use the Stardust Cannon [x2 Great Rapid (?)] just like what Trill and Astral suggested].

Thanks, everyone. Any more input would be very much appreciated.

Astral_Goddess wrote:
(PS: Irrelevant to the thread, but I was talking with you on my alternate account called "AstralSama". :3)

I was like Shocked
And then I was like silent
But really I was like drunken <3

Edit:

So I'm back again.
I used the CosmiCalc mecha simulator which I came across while searching for alternatives.
I kinda did this one myself. Open to any comments.

Spoiler:

(items with a "*", I don't have yet >.<)

Instead of the SDC, I opted for the ABR. I think it's a pretty good weapon despite being 42Rt @_@ (technically not making this a pure UC build). I'll do a little investing just for this one. TEC breakpoints for both the core and ABR is at 37 so I kept it at that. ABR I'd leave that untuned 'til I can actually decide if I'd put in a lot of cash in the game. Very Happy

I went with Graceful Ornament instead of EVE Ornament (cause god knows everyone wants those things...or am I mistaken? -- and since the Graceful can be obtained through grinding the AI Alpha Challenge cubes from Ouka). I also decided to keep the legs for aesthetic purposes and lack of the Float Dash cartridge for mid-air dodging (LOL as if I ever could do that with my internet speed >.>)

Comments? Any more input would be appreciated. And please don't hate me for having to build around a newb mech like Vector.. I really can't keep up with all of the lag going on. bounce
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:

16 TGH, which is the best general TGH value you should shoot for on almost any robot.

why would you post this bullshit?
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 am

EVE ornaments used to be in UC gara so anyone who rolled it a ton back then should have a huge pile. You should try getting one off a kind soul for a low price.

Last fly breakpoint is 38, you don't need to go for 40.

3x tough tunes on the hd is going to be supergay to tune, 40%/30%/20% base success rates will most likely eat up a lot of harmonics/protectors unless you're very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:08 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:

16 TGH, which is the best general TGH value you should shoot for on almost any robot.

why would you post this bullshit?

Explain please. Sad
Is 16 TGH a good amount or not? I'm still new, sorry.

nzlk wrote:
EVE ornaments used to be in UC gara so anyone who rolled it a ton back then should have a huge pile. You should try getting one off a kind soul for a low price.

Last fly breakpoint is 38, you don't need to go for 40.

3x tough tunes on the hd is going to be supergay to tune, 40%/30%/20% base success rates will most likely eat up a lot of harmonics/protectors unless you're very lucky.

About the fly breakpoint, thanks. I was looking for that one, actually bounce

I tried tuning twice at 85% for the High Alphas (I put in the Harmonics Gamma as well as the Slot Prot Omega that I got from the UC Garas/item cubes) and they both failed (and now I got a busted slot on one of the AMs... but I got an extra, so hooray Very Happy). Thanks for the tip on the decreasing base success rates, too. I wasn't aware of that. I could work around something else instead.

I'm grinding my way through Arcantus for the materials for this as well as the UC I need for "luckily rolling" Lucky Item cubes for 'em slot protectors and harmonics Very Happy And as for the EVE ornament, I hope I can get one on the next bazaar or something..fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:44 am

the amount of toughness depends highly on what you do with your bot, how good you are at doing it and the purpose of the bot
in many cases the size of the bot also plays a role

16 toughness is simply a breakpoint of multiple effects of toughness that is not TO hard to achieve, but the point is that most people dont even know what 16 toughness equals to in terms of performance for your bot. and this is the reason why its bullshit to say something like you should go for 16 toughness on most builds

people still aim for 12 and 16 toughness because some time ago not as much was known about toughness and those where the values where people "felt" like it brought a BIG change (its pretty much unnecessary to say this is proven to be bullshit) and now still keep to old habbits because going into the math behind it would be bothersome (actually, its not even that bothersome, its just a bit more than people are used to do when building bots and water flows the way with the least resistance)

if you are really interested in toughness you can find all neccessary information somewhere in the gameplay or guide forums, the only question is if you are able to make use of it with what little experience you have right now
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:06 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:

I'm grinding my way through Arcantus for the materials for this as well as the UC I need for "luckily rolling" Lucky Item cubes for 'em slot protectors and harmonics Very Happy And as for the EVE ornament, I hope I can get one on the next bazaar or something..fingers crossed

I'm not sure how good grinding arcantus is for collecting mats, spamming 1* berzelius is probably? the fastest way to get mats. Or 3* haku for both exp and mats. Disregard if you meant killing berzelius/haku by 'grinding through Arcantus', I'm assuming you were talking about exploring planet arcantus with the outposts every 5-6 maps.

For tuning I'ld recommend saving your slot protectors and harmonics for parts that can't be easily replaced(i.e RT parts). Stuff like 3s accel saber ams and big mountaiz boosters can be obtained for UC so for the purposes of tuning you can brute force the tunes you require on these parts by repeatedly attempting them with alpha harmonics(available in shop for 1k UC).

High _____ alpha/beta tunes are usually the go-to tunes to pick because they're relatively stat efficient and have a 55% base success rate.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
the amount of toughness depends highly on what you do with your bot, how good you are at doing it and the purpose of the bot
in many cases the size of the bot also plays a role

16 toughness is simply a breakpoint of multiple effects of toughness that is not TO hard to achieve, but the point is that most people dont even know what 16 toughness equals to in terms of performance for your bot. and this is the reason why its bullshit to say something like you should go for 16 toughness on most builds

people still aim for 12 and 16 toughness because some time ago not as much was known about toughness and those where the values where people "felt" like it brought a BIG change (its pretty much unnecessary to say this is proven to be bullshit) and now still keep to old habbits because going into the math behind it would be bothersome (actually, its not even that bothersome, its just a bit more than people are used to do when building bots and water flows the way with the least resistance)

if you are really interested in toughness you can find all neccessary information somewhere in the gameplay or guide forums, the only question is if you are able to make use of it with what little experience you have right now

That's a rather complex way of putting things. I admit that I'm still lacking of experience here since I've only been playing for a week. However, that doesn't give justice as to why you would brand something someone says as "bullshit". I'm not really picking a fight, though. I'm only saying it's not nice to say so... bounce Either way, thank you for the "more comprehensive" explanation as to why TGH should (or should not be) limited to a certain degree. I'm currently playing a Large-Air mecha whose role obviously is to pick-off weakened enemies or deal adequate levels of damage with the (ridiculously good) core weapon. Thank you for your reply, sir. Very Happy

Edit:
nzlk wrote:
Ryuuichiro wrote:

I'm not sure how good grinding arcantus is for collecting mats, spamming 1* berzelius is probably? the fastest way to get mats. Or 3* haku for both exp and mats. Disregard if you meant killing berzelius/haku by 'grinding through Arcantus', I'm assuming you were talking about exploring planet arcantus with the outposts every 5-6 maps.

For tuning I'ld recommend saving your slot protectors and harmonics for parts that can't be easily replaced(i.e RT parts). Stuff like 3s accel saber ams and big mountaiz boosters can be obtained for UC so for the purposes of tuning you can brute force the tunes you require on these parts by repeatedly attempting them with alpha harmonics(available in shop for 1k UC).

High _____ alpha/beta tunes are usually the go-to tunes to pick because they're relatively stat efficient and have a 55% base success rate.

Newb question: What do the 1* and 3* mean on berzelius and haku, respectively, mean?
As for my "grinding", I'm exploring Arcantus solo, killing off any and all mobs I see until time runs out... That's how I started with the game, anyway Very Happy so I come back to that once in a while to get random materials/weapons for selling... If you could enlighten me a bit more on where to farm better, I'd appreciate it a lot.

With regards to tuning, yes, I do realize what you're trying to say. It's a shame I got to use those stuff I got already. I should've asked around a bit more. Thanks again. Very Happy

Edit2: Nevermind, I found out what the * means.
Numbers of treasures, am I right? :O
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:51 am

Ryuu, don't post twice in a row. Instead, edit your last post if no one else posted after you if you want to include updates. It helps keep the forums cleaner.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am

Sorry. And thanks for cleaning it up for me. bounce
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
I'm only saying it's not nice to say so...

im not intending to be friendly or anything, so thats fine with me
toughness specifically is kind of a black sheep in this community right now because everyone just sticks to old values out of habbit (and telling new players to do so is hurting the progress of bot building abilitys in general)
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 pm

1* requires 1 treasure
2* requires 3 treasures
3* requires 5 treasures
The more stars you do the stronger the boss is and the more exp you get as a reward.
Try joining or starting some boss rooms at channel 1 ground area.

Berzelius - bring shotguns on everything, burst fire bits if using a SUP
Haku - shotguns and 3 way daggers

You can probably find more detailed guides if you look around the forum.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:21 pm

UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] Screen10

Final result LOL
I sacrificed 1 damage for both the core weapon and the ABR to get up to 22 tech (I read that it's one of those "better" breakpoints for stun regain)
Finally got a big mountaiz bs that I can paint and tuned both high fly betas.
Meh. My first fully tuned bot, I guess. XD And dat COST. Huehuehue (seriously, I shouldn't really die as much in the arena while packing this much -3-) Now I can probably move on to a new project.
Back to top Go down
Alathon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 509

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 pm

You shouldn't need an ABR on a Vector Eagle, seeing how the core blaster is already going to be your main source of damage.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm sure it's a tad too late but I might suggest C.Veil over TGH, as even with 40 TGH bots like high-tec Eve's, Monicas, Fias, etc will still stun you. You could probably make that build a lot smaller though. :V But if you're ready to move on that's fine by me, honestly vector isn't much fun to begin with ;w;
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Alathon wrote:
You shouldn't need an ABR on a Vector Eagle, seeing how the core blaster is already going to be your main source of damage.

I run out fast. That ABR's for when I need a backup..

Trill wrote:
I'm sure it's a tad too late but I might suggest C.Veil over TGH, as even with 40 TGH bots like high-tec Eve's, Monicas, Fias, etc will still stun you. You could probably make that build a lot smaller though. :V But if you're ready to move on that's fine by me, honestly vector isn't much fun to begin with ;w;

Sadly I don't have mats for crimson veil. Pretty fat, too. I couldn't get more copies of the mach knight legs since they all broke in tuning =3=
I could always cosmo regret the thoarla legs and pray to god my tunes the next time won't fail.
Either way I wanna do something else once I've raked up a few more UC. Probably a hopper this time. XD
Thanks for all the help guys

Last edited by Ryuuichiro on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alathon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 509

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:16 pm

If you really, really need a weapon, I'd suggest a handy mag mod/beam gun mod for farming purposes.

Even if you don't have those, I still wouldn't rely on an ABR. ;_;

You could buy more Mach Knight LGs during Bazaar.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I'll try to re-work its tuning within the week...and since the ABR really doesn't sound like a good idea, I'll look up both the weapons you told me. hopefully they're not from rt shop again 'cause i already bought all my uc to rt for this month -.-

EDIT: scrapped the ABR, slapped in a custom shotgun with a g.force and g.rapid beta tune, dashed to unmanned power spots watching any incoming enemies with broad radar and wham -- in 5 seconds, fragged PS lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]   UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE] Empty

Back to top Go down

UC build - Vector Eagle [HELP PLEASE]
Page 1 of 1