Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

checking up on the variety of bots used in arena

Go down 
+64
csfmgn
Frederica-Bernkastel
mogimus
LS3
Koiro
tanjinyi
Suki_Eve
reVelske
heiantaiga
Kobrakai
Shai
yilx
Trill
EvannGeo
Tuskin
Hakulei Leimu
JinNJuice
Phantomhive
Incendium
NoizeGT
Priskern
Lemon Strudel
SilverySil
Yokura
resireth
Shecas
SL the Pyro
Nymph~
Aria
Magna.Zero
NecroWing
Seraphcrim
zerocl
Midreus
MagicPotatoplz
ziix
Relict?
God is a Cat Girl
Nilla
dsp
Gerrion
JadeCicada
Turkeysaur
Aurum_Sol
Scott-kip
Fireflywater
boytitan2
CapeMike
Mew
Zwiebel Force
Miko Miko Spark
Alathon
Ashyru
AthenaWyrm
Suguri
NotZetsubou
Leriel
Astral_Dono
EXEfan
That_Wiesel_Guy
mikuri
fggt
Akhenderson
Winty
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 2:44 am

Relict? wrote:
Diabolical wrote:
Relict? wrote:
P ⇒ Q
P ⇒ Q
(P∧Q)⇒R
P ⇒ Q

Logic.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 am

How about you learn to read tone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:33 am

Relict? wrote:
How about you learn to read tone?
How about you learn to take a chill pill?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:52 pm

LXE wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Diabolical wrote:

P ⇒ Q
(P∧Q)⇒R
P ⇒ Q

Logic.
Can't you take a joke?
Back to top Go down
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
mogimus

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Lets see....
Stuff I always use
1. Winberrl Vesca
2. Nicole Malice Skull
3. Lucheer DB with E. Scary HD and Nuttz BS
4. Bugsycrat with scorpion whip and bugsy BS
5. Pulsaradio with 2X hi Air force tuned zook
6. Misty Hollow with scouter rifle
7. turtlebacker with compact gatling
8. Air raider with Spread beam cannon/Mega Lightning Gun
9. Butterflea with Butterflea boost drain HD and 3X slow Adone LG
10. Insert random fagbot I'm leveling(e.g. mialy/kuten/elisa/fencer/lios)
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Relict? wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
Yes I know, I'm an awful person for using moes, I'm trash, I should got to hell, blah blah.

A lot of other people frequently use moes. Don't sweat it.
I know I know, but this forum makes it seem as if committing one of the 7 deadly sins pales in comparison to using a moe. And Diabolical, moes aren't evil.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Koiro10 wrote:
Relict? wrote:
Koiro10 wrote:
Yes I know, I'm an awful person for using moes, I'm trash, I should got to hell, blah blah.

A lot of other people frequently use moes. Don't sweat it.
I know I know, but this forum makes it seem as if committing one of the 7 deadly sins pales in comparison to using a moe. And Diabolical, moes aren't evil.
The idea of purely going moe just to obtain high scores because they refuse to step out of their comfort zone to obtain high scores through extensive (ab)use of knowledge of the game is a no go.
I use mecha a lot, but I also use moe occasionally, and started out using moes a lot. In fact, my first moes that I used often were Destructor Girl and Lios. Lios is the reason why I love to use Air melee and I continue to use it as well.

My stance on moe when I use Luto is to mainly attack only other moe characters which I deem ruin the game because they simply don't require the skill capacity to use to make them incredibly effective. (Resha, Eris, HDIvis, Aquila Girl and Mialy are in those categories. There are many other moes that fit into this category, but those are usually the major ones.)

I've gone through the entire game not even attacking a Destructor because I didn't feel like it.

Anyways, for my top 10, I might have to add in Seraph Sigma to that list of bots and replace something I never use. (Probably the 9th place thingy... whatever it was... I forget)
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Isn't like you can't use them, is the overuse and the pride that some players shows when using demn lolies that provokes the usual anger responses
That, and some moes are really retarded (you know which ones)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:47 pm

there's no fucking difference between moes and mechas when it comes to power, anyone who thinks there is has some brain problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Diabolical wrote:
LXE wrote:
Relict? wrote:

(P∧Q)⇒R
P ⇒ Q

Logic.
Can't you take a joke?
I made a joke out of your joke.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Winty wrote:
there's no fucking difference between moes and mechas when it comes to power, anyone who thinks there is has some brain problems.

^except for the fact that just about every moe since sugoi has been nothing short of complete brain-damaging autoplay bullshit.

Now shut your fucking face and go sit the fuck back down, quit the game again and give account back to alpurior whilst you are at.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm

reVelske wrote:
Winty wrote:

^except for the fact that just about every moe since sugoi has been nothing short of complete brain-damaging autoplay bullshit.

Now shut your fucking face and go sit the fuck back down, quit the game
again and give account back to alpurior whilst you are at.

and the mecha haven't?
moe/mecha are just a visual distinction, what actually matters is the weapons they come with. There's plenty of autoplay mecha bots, just as there are plenty of autoplay moe bots. It's just weapons fixed to cores. Or even weapons that aren't fixed to cores, like alba HD and flap AM, which you can stick on whatever the fuck you want.
Autoplay is what this game is. The focus isn't on aiming, it's on evading the shit flying at you.

Calm your african junglerage please.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Winty wrote:

and the mecha haven't?.

Muchi, Alba, Initone, Fagjack, VE, MLG.

I'M SURE THAT TOTALLY MATCH UP TO ALL THE FUCKING HORSESHIT AUTOPLAY MOE RELEASED, NEVERMIND ALL THE MEDIOCRE/BADD MECHAS RELEASE DURING THE TIME TOO.

Clearly should've stay quit, you are more brain-damaged than I initially thought, then again, you have to be pretty fucking wrecked in the head to COME BACK AFTER QUITTING CB FOR MONTHS. KOI STYLE.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Negative reVelske 24/7.
Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 pm

pierceguns
combat gat
LL bulk gat
geobunkers
machinelet arms
basca boosters
lux bros
axer
CKAC
trontius
scram launcher
brigand axe
sol volca wing BS
pump bazookas
illgryps AM
vishura

off the top of my head, things are more useful than connie sherrif and the original versions of elisalotte, squidol girl, and nemlim.

bad mecha have always existed. Bad moes have always existed as well. Trash exists in every game. The statement "moe is overpowered" is fucking stupid because it's the weapons that come with them that are overpowered, not the fact that they are moe. It's just stupid people looking for a way to label something they don't like so they can judge other people for using it. You yourself were once known for your use of thoarla AM3 builds, something you now despise despite them having not changed at all.

Additionally, something being autoplay doesn't instantly make it good. Nor does something being not autoplay make it's imbalanced nature acceptable. Judging the power of things based on their ease of use is utterly retarded.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm

Majority of the shit you listed are just "decent" melees, Basca is probably the only full retard tier nonsense that works, rest are just lowbie-farmers. As for shit like Pierce, Pomf, Bulk Gat, AC, etc, they are certainly great, but I don't see how you can even begin comparing them to, say, Jace, Monica, Raven, Shino AC, etc.

Moes have been designed to be a complete fucking step-up from the rest ever since sugoi (actually, make that since Ouka, or EVE if you prefer), vast majority of them achieve that goal with flying fucking colours and are very much overpowering in comparison to what's on the market at the time, making the simple generalization on the matter to be well within reason.

Winty wrote:
The statement "moe is overpowered" is fucking stupid because it's the
weapons that come with them that are overpowered, not the fact that they
are moe.

No shit sherlock, do you even know how generalization works?

Winty wrote:
You yourself were once known for your use of thoarla AM3 builds, something you now despise despite them having not changed at all.

Only because I have no need for training wheels anymore, though I fail to see how this has ANYTHING to do with whatever fucking point you are trying to make.

Winty wrote:
Judging the power of things based on their ease of use is utterly retarded.

It very much should be a factor to be considered. I can work my ass off with, say, a Pierce Accel for the same amount of damage that a random circle can do with an Ivis HD by holding down W and spam mouse2, you tell me what's retarded and what isn't.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Melee has always, always been easy. Making it actually strong was the problem. Ivis HD has balance issues that are related to the fact that she hits everything, ever. Ease of use a result of her being ridiculously strong, not the reason for it. That statement was referring mainly to homing/autoaim weapons such as vectors, aquila girl, and initone, which are easy to use but not actually all that scary. They are, as you put it, "lowbie farmers". Hell, a lot of the new supposedly "op" moeshits don't actually bring anything new to the table and their scores can be replicated by a piercegun lazfl- oh wait that's also a moe, I mean accel saber. Melee is the exception, but melee has always been the most retarded thing in this game.

I get hate for things like sticking a piercegun on a resha and using it like any other random hopper just because it's a resha. I get complaints for using untuned mialys in level 5 rooms yet nobody says a word when I bring in a 20tec/38fly bracius build because that shit's okay since it's not moe, despite the fact that it scores higher than the mialy. You know what, though? When I run untuned mialys, it's a joke. They can be killed pretty easily if they are actually shot at, but these idiots would rather ignore them, lose, then complain at me for being a fag when I'm using something that can't even defend itself or escape from an attacker and they have 6-weapon air raider builds in the very same rooms. Moe is a problem? retards are a problem.

the point being here that the community would rather just bitch about "autoplay" than actually recognizing what is really overpowered and not just what is viable. The game works on a basis of customization, and anything can be customized. Saying "i don't like moe" is fucking retarded because it covers a lot of things that are a hell of a lot worse than the shit one can put together with mecha parts. Before, people were complaining about "prebuilt" moebots. Then things like flapalina were made and people just expanded their horizons of hatred by redefining what they hated. They hated aquila girl since you didn't have to build it to do well - then something came along that you did have to build that was ten billion times more threatening. Instead of just admitting that their generalization was retarded, they changed it to fit the new shit.

To me, people who complain about "all moe is OP" are on the same level as the people who think that hopping is overpowered. Actually, they all just remind me of fireflyice, who thinks that a piercegun is the same thing as a vox.
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

Well, I'd almost completely agree with that, if they didn't constantly slap on more ridiculous game-defining powers on newer and newer moes. Newer bots, however, seem to be getting recycled adjustments that eventually do not work or are already bad.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 am

Honestly the most recent moeshits aren't as game defining as some of the ones that came before. Bunkervis is a mismash of recycled ideas all bundled into a single bot that doesn't really do any of them overly well, but gets good scores because seaben doesn't know how to fight melee. Sigma...well, I think the utter lack of her in arena should say all that needs to be said about how good her own mismash of random abilities turned out to be. Shitty vox, shitty homing blaster, and then some melee when air melee was never that good to begin with doesn't make anything of any real value, just something that occasionally shows up and is only mildly annoying when it does.

Air EVE is just another way to shoot at idiots who heal in open areas and get tons of score. Land EVE is a lackluster melee who only exists to counter other melee(nobody I know has made her into a tec-based hopper, but I don't see her doing much than being just a flashly, more expensive lazflamme).
Rush Jace is really dumb, but melee is really dumb in general. Shot jace is HIDEOUSLY overpriced as a hopper, but has a ton of utility and damage to put out between barriers, shock shots, ice shots, and his rather high force piercegun.

New Ouka and Frau never did anything of value, though ouka comes close to being an actual threat, but really isn't one. New Elisa is actually really good, but only like 3 people actually tried to make her usable. But melee is still retarded so whatever.
IlluQ is really dumb, I'll give you that, but missilespam artillery is, again, nothing new or game changing.

Do people even use the ALE moes? I don't see them, and I don't have them to judge. Jikun has some major problems if it wants to compete with other meleeshits, and will always have those problems until it moves it's melee to somewhere that isn't it's LG slot. Winberrl seems like an upgrade of the original winberrl line, but doesn't seem to compare to regina's pure stupidity of existance. No idea about lily.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 am

ALE Lily might be worth using if she could get respectable stats while holding something more potent than an untuned Handgun |:
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:22 am

lol! , oh you silly moebot haters. Must be terrible being trapped in a never ending hell as the majority of CB players love moebots.

Its like being a member of the KKK who is trapped in a room full of big burly black men. Moebots are a core part of CB, you haters are nothing but the vocal minority.

Even the greatest CBEN player Suguri loves moebots (holy crap, look at those EX tunes. Those moes sure received a lotta love. Me jelly. #em3 )

Never ever feel bad about using moebots. Who gives a shit about the vocal minority anyway. Especially if you paid top dollar for those precious moebots.

On topic:

1. Aquila Girl
2. Regina Winberrl
3. Toybox Girl
4. Ivis Reine
5. Lily Rain Eve
Back to top Go down
zerocl

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:37 am

>Paid gud money
checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 50b5b5f47750a
Mandatory
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 am

Pay to win :3
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:51 am

Winty wrote:
That statement was referring mainly to homing/autoaim weapons such as vectors, aquila girl, and initone, which are easy to use but not actually all that scary.

They still completely outclass just about everything else in the same league at their time of release, AG's effectiveness can only be matched by Seraphs, VE and Initone are very much AM3 tier with their range, only easier to use. Obviously these autoplay air have to play a lot more reserved nowadays thanks to all the autoplay arts (then again, not really, CBEN still can't hit Air for shit), but they are still very much top of the food chain. Shit like AG/TBG can easily be argued as "not very scary" in nowaday arena, but they can still easily GW/Destroyer with eyes closed on a good fucking day with no effort, random fuckwits who aren't even star rank and STILL GWing with TBG like they are worth a shit, and ease of play has everything to do with it.

Winty wrote:
Melee is the exception, but melee has always been the most retarded thing in this game.

What? By retarded you mean bad I assume? Melees have always been bad before Ouka. They still are mostly god awfully terrible but they get away with dumb shit simply due to the chaotic nature of pubbie arena or fast auto-movement that are heavily powered up by latency. Obviously Eris/Ivis are bit of an exception.

Winty wrote:
I get hate for things like sticking a piercegun on a resha and using it like any other random hopper just because it's a resha.

Reshas have done enough to the arena to deserve every bit of that hate from people, even more so if you are actually a vainic resha, which is still complete bullshit with Pierce. As much as I feel sorry for the guys who are having fun by simply running around harmlessly whilst bubbled up and how they usually get chased by half of the bloodthirsty team, you can't really blame people for hating her that much.

Winty wrote:
I get complaints for using untuned mialys in level 5 rooms yet nobody says a word when I bring in a 20tec/38fly bracius build because that shit's okay since it's not moe, despite the fact that it scores higher than the mialy.

I don't even know what a Brachius is or what he does, that's how fucking amazingly significant he is.

>score lower with Mialy

Only because you are laughably shit and lying through your teeth.

Argue all you want about Mialy/Fia/TBG/Monica/etc bullshit moe being "easy to kill", sure they are, WHEN THEY ARENT SITTING BEHIND THEIR WALL OF FUCKTARDS SAVING THEIR SHITTY FUCKING ASS. Buuut we'll excuse you for being blind of all the dicks that are rubbing against you, probably too used to that feeling.

Winty wrote:
rabble rabble

Get over your shit, you are just being a pedantic fuck going off over a generalization that is formed within reason. In the end of the day, people's hate are far more specific than a simple "hate all moe", nobody is gonna bitch to you about using laz/lily/crim/izuna/frau/etc core for whatever builds, very few people is going to bitch about some support moes keeping the team alive, it's all about the effect they have on the arena and how outclassing it feels to fight them.

Frederica-Bernkastel wrote:
Even the greatest CBEN player Suguri loves moebots (holy crap, look at those EX tunes. Those moes sure received a lotta love. Me jelly. #em3 )

We all love our moebots, I fucking love my Izuna and every other moe I have (which is numerous), but some of us can actually see beyond their physical appeals and understand the effect they have on arena and fellow players, we try keep their usage to a minimum, we try focus on faget and people who are equipped to deal with our shit easily, we do what we can to contribute to a fair and balanced arena.

Never ever feel bad about using moebots.

It's okay, we let it slide because you are fantastically shit with your AG, watch you hide in the corner of the map for a whole game after tearing your face off right at the beginning? Priceless, man, fucking priceless. Smile

Especially if you paid top dollar for those precious moebots.

Because money clearly entitles you to ruining arena with OP nonsense, flawless mature logic right fucking there, folks.

Last edited by reVelske on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 am

zerocl wrote:
>Paid gud money
checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 50b5b5f47750a
Mandatory
>good money
I hope they aren't implying pesos are good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: checking up on the variety of bots used in arena   checking up on the variety of bots used in arena - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

checking up on the variety of bots used in arena
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next