Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does one survive the current metagame

Go down 
+11
tehprognoob
JadeCicada
IncuSlave
Astral_Dono
Winty
Fireflywater
reVelske
Suguri
Relict?
mikuri
Seraphcrim
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

Male Posts : 1288

How does one survive the current metagame Empty
PostSubject: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:37 am

Well, what the title says. Also, may I know some metagame relevant air and artillery bots and weapons i can use that are UC? (If any).
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:41 am

Nova Crimrose is viable, but might need lot of UC to get the promotion in the UC gara which has it. "Promotion FC" that is.

Else I suppose some hopper builds can be of use.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 am

Large Bazooka + Destructor.

Tune Large Baz with Great Rapid Beta + High Airforce + Paralyze or Great Rapid Alpha + High Shooter + Paralyze. Either route cancels out the penalties incurred by Great Rapid.
I went with Great Rapid Beta + High Shooter + Paralyze, myself. I don't mind losing 13 ammo for 28 more range.

Tune him for 31, 34, or 38 FLY and as much TEC as you can.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:51 am

Seraphcrim wrote:
Also, may I know some metagame relevant air and artillery bots and weapons i can use that are UC? (If any).
Seraph Crimrose (regular, not that shitty braindead FC) with a Beam Shooter Mod can perform quite well without needing the use of any Rt whatsoever.

King Megaton with a Large Bazooka is pretty decent for anti-air, and is extremely low cost to boot.

Old video but it more or less shows the point (video uses LL Blast but Large Bazooka is a viable substitute, just performs a bit worse against air and a bit better against non-air):

I can't actually immediately think of any seraph videos, maybe I should go into arena and record a round with mine (though I only have one BSM and I'm kind of afraid to try plasma gun these days. Maybe I'll cheat a bit and use Slice Gun for Seraph #2 c3:)
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:23 am

>dat vid

mfw Cheetahmen vocal arrangement.

Anyways...

LBaz Destructor
Custom Mag/Ballista Shooter/Negatron Rifle/Bazooka AccelSaber/Fiz
Handy Baz Pawgner/Tonosama
Plasma Gun/Beam Shooter Oldraph
SDC Big Mountaiz (or Gwyain/AQ)
Ballistic Launcher Hoverion/Amateus
Alpha Amateus
Baz/Negatron Rifle/Gravity Gun Bugsy
Nicole

Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 am

THanks for the advice. Also, is Thoarla Nimbus useable for the metagame?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:35 am

She's severely limited in capacity and slots, it's doable but just rather difficult.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Roll S.UC until you get a Koko Gaap and a Peace Maker.
Level Koko for enough capa to use said Peace Maker.
Slap Repair Bits on her.
Pow.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Land:
put a kshield(from uc gara) on an accel saber.
Put a bazooka in the other arm. (I've actually had decent luck in pulling combat mags out of lotto cubes, if you can manage that you can use it)
change it's default legs to something smaller(crabberoid or ace braver legs are pretty good). Stick 2 cosmo kaiser heads on it. Get short boost and quick land.
learn about positioning and threat identification.
go tunnelvision on artillery with it so that airs on your team can shoot at things without exploding.

Air:
As mentioned, stick a beam shooter mod on a seraph and shoot at whatever with it.
Learn threat identification and how to avoid mialy bits(aka DA COPS)

Art:
As mentioned, put Lbaz or ballistic launcher on cores and shoot at airs.
Learn positioning so you do not die to melee.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Use vehics to cart people who actually can survive and survive for them by running around while they shoot for you.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 am

If i were to chose a vehicle type bot, which is more worth it? Lark pit, wild vehic, or medicball?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 5:27 am

Lark Pit and Wild Vehic depend on what passengers are available (Land/Sup alphas for Lark Pit and Art alphas for Wild Vehic generally). Medicball should just be thought of as a healer rather than a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 am

I'm pretty sure the way to use lark is to make flying reshas.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:09 pm

Don't give me this idea.
Oh wait, no vox. Useless.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:39 pm

mikuri wrote:
Don't give me this idea.

Dammit CS. Killing all chances of Resha becoming OP again = Hypocrites.

XD
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:07 pm

mikuri wrote:
Don't give me this idea.

I did it before I reset my resha to a piercegun build. Flying meluc is actually really good and annoying as fuck.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah, it sure is nice, but it doesn't give me the "Vox a PS and 4 other bots" feeling.
Haha.
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Ok i have a zero saber girl. Its collecting dust in garage and i want to know whether it is possible to use it. I heard putting a scythe on it is a good way to go. Is this true?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Zero Step into your Scythe attack. (IIRC, +50% damage due to Sub chaining?).

Or you could make her a gunner if you wanna be silly.
I'll just assume that it's an HD version since that's what every newbie runs around with:
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Reaper Scythe is a simple 35 force melee that hits a decent area around you. Zero Step gets you into position fast and, by not hitting enemies, doesn't prime their TGH reduction.

As such, when you melee-combo into a high-force weapon like the scythe, you can deal the full boosted damage. This is why Zero Step is commonly used in conjunction with a scythe. The gara-only Ominous Scythe is more popular, as it hits a larger area, has more force, and inflicts Waste Booster. But it has a bit of a cooldown issue that you'll need to work around or subdue.

Zero Saber and Zero Saber Girl can both do this. ZSG has locked parts though, so Zero Saber has a lot more freedom on what kind of end results he wants.

Step Scythe is a common build, and it still works as long as you get your positioning right. If you don't have a Scythe or don't want to follow that, it's not a bad idea to check out the other melee weapons at your disposal and see what works being comboed into.

Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:35 am

Errm i'm planning for an alpha amateus. I have him already(shop bought) and would like to know some build with minimal rt usage. Also, should i get asura amjs for him? It seems like a good idea with his moving burst.

On a side note, has anyone tried the new art axis bot? Looks interesting

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:54 am

2x Greinaut AM + 2x Handy Bazooka should work fine. 2s Greinaut AMs can be obtained from shop Greinaut.

A.Sura AMJ isn't all that great. It's good for boss running against Berz though.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:30 am

Wanna win super-easy and super-mindless?

Although I would honestly take off the EX tunes because that's too much HP to go through in 99 seconds:
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Seraphcrim

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:54 pm

i took a look at greinaut and the arm descriptions says works best when used to cover large areas of the sky. The thing arcs so does the shot ever hit the ground? Pardon my stupidity when it comes to this. I am no expert on sup bots whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:55 am

The "easiest" answer to this would be to gara more...

BUT UC, YOU SAY? Well... Anything you can get from the Bazaar or Cubes... Be a stupid fatty art alphag that secretly has 30+ fly, preferably missiles or some kinds of explosives.

Oh, gotta agree with hoppers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does one survive the current metagame   How does one survive the current metagame Empty

Back to top Go down

How does one survive the current metagame
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next