Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Returning player, how to survive?

Go down 
+3
AzureRathalos
VietPho
wald
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wald
Newcomer
Newcomer

Returning player, how to survive? Empty
PostSubject: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:05 am

Hi guys, I'm returning to this game after quite some time and decided to start with a new account (tried CB2/Cosmic League but the game feels a bit slow paced and the population seems even lower than CB1). What happened to the old meta? Where are all the hoppers, lag jikun and all? Why does everyone have so many hp now?
So... below are the bots I have, which should I focus on to play with the cool kids:
Crimrose
Amateus (I remember he was amazing)
Brickgale Blue
Monica Gold Wing
Destructor
Fractulus Girl (got her from the DX Coin C thingy, seems broken as hell)
Astralyzer
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:10 am

Fractulus Girl is a keeper.  

You'll definitely want to look into "Core tunes". Things like "Guard burst" core tune is good on alpha airs.

See this guide:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t14067-guide-to-tuning-slightly-better-for-beginners-by-sanzeinga-updated-20-02-2015?highlight=guide

You'll also want to use the tuning calc before actually tuning your stuff:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9040-updated-cosmicalc-moonlight-gara#191212
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
wald
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:53 am

Thank you, things have really changed a lot since the last time I played.
By the way, is any bot in the shop (both UC and Rt) viable? Is building bots from different parts still a thing because I see many things with locked parts now.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 3:59 am

wald wrote:
Thank you, things have really changed a lot since the last time I played.
By the way, is any bot in the shop (both UC and Rt) viable? Is building bots from different parts still a thing because I see many things with locked parts now.

I mainly play Moes but recently i've been building mechs. Armada Arms + Crystas Arm combos are pretty good. See this video of my gameplay:
http://www.twitch.tv/mohvietpho/v/34223015

All my other video highlights here to get an example of how strong moes can be:
http://www.twitch.tv/mohvietpho/profile/highlights

I'd stay away from shop Robots/Moes and wait for those card events that gives you tickets to roll the Garapon.
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
wald
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:22 am

Wow, thanks for the fast reply and the videos mate. I can feel the current state of things in the game now.
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Also, if you haven't noticed, Frac from the DX Coin C shop has a Core Tune Up already applied. She gets All Guard for a second (maybe a second and a half) whenever she does an Alpha Strike. It's helpful in staying alive.

All you have to tune is a touch more FLY and a bit more TEC and you're set.

Oh, one more thing: Add a single Force tune on the two weapons you can tune (The parts that hold the other weapons are sadly locked on the coin shop version) to raise your damage just a touch more after you're maxed at 40 TEC.
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 6:41 pm

AzureRathalos wrote:
Also, if you haven't noticed, Frac from the DX Coin C shop has a Core Tune Up already applied. She gets All Guard for a second (maybe a second and a half) whenever she does an Alpha Strike. It's helpful in staying alive.

All you have to tune is a touch more FLY and a bit more TEC and you're set.

Oh, one more thing: Add a single Force tune on the two weapons you can tune (The parts that hold the other weapons are sadly locked on the coin shop version) to raise your damage just a touch more after you're maxed at 40 TEC.

she ALWAYS has that, she was literally released with a core tune on her, same as BERZ has 1, and Lunastacia has one
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:08 pm

berz and frac had core tunes before core tunes were tunable.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:09 pm

If she only has one in DX coin that'd be new, but w/e.

The shop hardly ever gets an upgrade and most of the contents get overshadowed by Gara stuff. Miruru is still working as intended (she stuns EVERYTHING even crimson veiled units), but if you want to pay 10 bucks for her..? I wouldn't.

Mega and NY garas got some pretty good prizes in them. I think Mega's a bit better - why or you just grind Torencia and roll the delight garas.
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 10:41 pm

If he logged in game before 21/1 update he should've got a "5th Anniversary Ticket" and "5th Anniversary DX coin" and a "Thanks Ticket" from Union wars legion Order Level 6. I think these tickets and Coin will come in handy for him.
Back to top Go down
wald
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Yeah, I think I got the ticket and rolled Astralyzer, he's the coolest guy in my garage right now Embarassed
Back to top Go down
elmatalast
Molcars Party Hard
Molcars Party Hard

Male Posts : 1457

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Then you should have the "5th Anniversary DX coin" too. 5th anniversary dx coin shop has same contents as 5th Anniversary garapons. Talk to the Kuten Jikun Long in anniversary area.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning player, how to survive?   Returning player, how to survive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning player, how to survive?
Page 1 of 1