Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)

Go down 
+6
Halexander
NEXT
Tryrant
tehprognoob
JadeCicada
Breaker-Z
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

Male Posts : 185

An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) Empty
PostSubject: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Ok, so I was thinking of some sort of promoting item for all the shop mechas.
This would be achieved by taking a shop robo to lv10,using the 'promotion' and then that bot turns into a garapon version of it of your choice.

Now, before you people kill my idea,here's some of the benefits(what I think anyway)
Firstly, you won't have to roll to get a mecha you wan't but will never get(like me-i usually hope to get a cool mecha out of the gara). This type of thing will also make the shop bots worth buying and using, if only to train them to lv10.

They could put the item("Mecha Promotion Omega" or something like that)in the shop for maybe 50rt, but then only make it available after square rank or something.

I don't see any downsides to this, it would make going to the shop useful for something other than getting garatrolled.
Soooo,what do you guys and gals have to say?

I think this is a nice idea and i would definitely buy one of those promotion thingies if they ever release em(but,since this is CS,they would have to be smoking some serious shiz before they would even consider this)

Also, I didn't know where to post this, so if it is in the incorrect section, could somebody with the power to move topics please move this?

Thanks in advance.
Hope to see everyone's responces
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 pm

Would it be nice for people who don't want to roll gara? Of course, it obviates the entire need to roll gara for a good number of variants.

In fact, it completely eliminates the need for any such variants to show up in the cyclic garapon cycles. Which, while the shop bots are pretty numerous, there are quite a large number of variants (useful and otherwise) that exist. Essentially it triples the shop inventory by consequence.

Which really leads me to the thought pattern - wouldn't it be simpler, both from both the user end and the programmer end, to just directly add the variants to the shop? It's easier on the user because they can just directly buy the stuff. It's easier on the development end because extra resources to create a new interface (you're introducing choice over a wide variety of bots, which is very different than the operation of the Seraph promotion) for a system designed entirely to reduce the amount of times people roll garapon is counter-productive to their own end goals.

Shop expansion isn't a bad thing and over time there are fair things of old garas that get added. Extremely slowly and rarely, but they show up. Variants of shop bots still in the same shop isn't unheard of (Crimrose N).

Basically, I think this is a bad idea simply because it is needlessly complex for what its intended goal is - increasing the variety of options available for shop players. For those really dedicated to the act, levelling a bot to 10 isn't a difficult or even necessarily a long task. That's the only practical difference on the player's end between the bot needing a buyable promotion and the bot being buyable. And that's not really a balancing factor to the complexity of the implementation. Just improve the shop inventory.

Or at least add some accessories other than white flowers, yeesh.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 pm

pay 50 rt vs. rolling 50 gara?

LOLNOPE
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Too many op bots would be picked and arena would be more broken than it already is. Also wouldn't "Perfect Tuning" almost be certain, aka unlimited slots/parts of op robots and all those crim points from rt bots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Breaker-Z wrote:
This would be achieved by taking a shop robo to lv10,using the 'promotion' and then that bot turns into a garapon version of it of your choice.
Beezle->Shop Promo-> Flapjack

Lolnooooononono.
Back to top Go down
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 pm

iKray wrote:

Lolnooooononono.
._.

There's a royal beezle, you know. It'd probably turn into that, thank god.

Also, no. It won't bring CB money, which they need less of.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 pm

iKray wrote:
Breaker-Z wrote:

Lolnooooononono.

I think he means bots that have an actual Gara-only variant.

Shop Aquilla > Aquilla Airs
Shop Destructor > Destructor Max
ect

Beezle doesn't really have anything to do with flapjack
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

As much as I disliked UC bots getting RT variants, I can't agree with them suddenly being obtainable on the shop.

However, this comes along with an idea that I had a month or so ago?
My idea had a different working, which was mostly, free, and not 1 point (variety), but 2 points (variety and incentive to not room hop).
Long short version: Buy bots on shop, arena drops would include materials for "forging" (I forget the proper word now) but only if you play the ENTIRE match, go to new pot, put shop bot in and materials, get a version that ISN'T on gara, something entirely new.
Want to make money out of it? 1 of the Materials is RT, even a small amount would do, since free players would still save for it anyway, and big spenders might buy a whole lot of them to get them all or to get parts from them, if the parts are good enough.
Though honestly, the last material being RT sounds dumb, but you can make like other games, where Free method = takes time and paying for it = instantly.
Get materials or buy "materials pack" with RT.
Of course this kinda of would kill the second point, but poorfags gotta poor, and maybe variety would bring more people in. Variety with a free option.

Sorry for making something, related and yet unrelated, this big, it's just that... I dunno, I don't like the idea of putting good bots on the shop. Some gara bots could go to the shop, they are shop tier, but certain things really have to stay as gara only because of how the game worked till now. Not only moes, many mechas too.

If some gara things go to the shop, it will be a shitstorm, if new things are added to the shop or through some other way, and they are planned well (FC wasn't), they won't turn the arena into a shitstorm.
Gara just helps keeping the number of things that were badly planed, at a smaller number.
Well, many airs and lnds were badly planed, resulting in really dumb bots that require 0 skill to use. And even some airs pretty much breaking one of their weaknesses. (300+ range weapons that are easily spammed and super easy to use, what?)

(>skill, yeah I know. You can rest in peace now.)
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 am

I don't think it's such a bad idea tbh...

Main reason people will dislike this is that a lot will run with no-skill bots.

You can say all you want about "no-skill moe users". But the ones that spam Gara also get good parts from mecha robots that results in great builds they can make. So either way, they're just as much of RT 'fgts' like most of them moe spammers.

I feel like this idea would balance things more and would give the opportunity for ppl that don't spam Gara can get good robots, even if it's just for parts.

Though I like God is a Cat Girl's idea more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 7:50 am

i find that most of the "great parts" from garapon you can get the same stats for less cost using shit like beezle arms and simply tuning what you want on to it.
Back to top Go down
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Hey iKray,try reading properly before you make retarded comments. q(-.-q)
Also, Tryrant, name me one "OP" mecha that can't be taken out by a girlbot.Or better yet, name me one "OP" mecha.
God is a Cat Girl, that's a pretty cool idea.
and tehprognoob, that was just an example.They could change it if they ever did it, I just thought that would be an ok price.

But,bottom line,the robots in the shop are practically useless, doing this idea will add some use to all the bots gathering dust in my garage
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Breaker-Z wrote:

Also, Tryrant, name me one "OP" mecha that can't be taken out by a girlbot.Or better yet, name me one "OP" mecha.

name me one girlbot that cant be taken out by a mecha.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Breaker-Z wrote:

name me one girlbot that cant be taken out by a mecha.

Pretty much what he said.. n . n;

Idk, but I've seen some ppl play with mecha's and those moebots get slaughtered. Of course I saw moebots slaughter mecha's as well. It's not like moes are the best robots out there. Yes, they tend to be good, some already without any tunes. But there are quite a lot of people who know how to make OP builds.

We needed two Aila's (one half tuned, the other only slow tunes, making it 4 slows) versus one Vanguard (Astral so OP #em5 ) (prolly fully tuned, but that doesn't change my point). And then we still got owned 50% of the times. x3 Tho I s*ck pretty hard at playing any melee. I rather be a pain in the butt with a Pepo or Nicole.

Just an example really.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Everyone getting Axers and Flapjacks would make the arena really boring. Though Axers are only truly annoying if they have the right parts.
I'm not mentioning arts, since who still makes mecha arts that use the core/built-in weapon only? Maxis 3? You don't really seem them all that often. Victorl AM3?
Arts are more about rolling out a new weapon than rolling a new core, since Victorl and Destructor are on the shop.
Note the word "rolling".
The only art that I can think off that can do well with core spam is Alba.
Let me rephrase it. It's the only art that you can still see on arena spamming the core weapon only.
Core spammer Muchi seem to be really rare nowadays. Genbu you can still see a couple of people using him. I can't think of any others.

Arts that you see on arena, are a bit less prebuilt than Axer and most Flapjacks that you see on arena (maybe all of them, if you consider it a Flapjack by the BD, since I never saw someone using the BD without the stock parts, I think). But comparing to most moes...
Axer isn't as prebuilt, since just the BS choice can change everything.

Some moes can do well without many tunes, but a mecha that is well built, can be so ridiculously strong, that it ends feeling like it's OP (because some bots wouldn't be able to do the same even with an higher cost and even when well built).

I honestly don't see how adding gara bots without limits, to the shop helping the game all that much. Just make new content. New content on the shop makes money from those who roll gara and those who can't roll it as much.
Why please 1 type of people, if you can please most types of people, make more variety and possibly more money?
Back to top Go down
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:06 am

How would people get axers and flapjacks???There is no previous version of them. -__-"

Just...never mind.I thought that this might be a good idea, but maybe thats just because I'm not a rich fag that can afford to pour their money into some online game.
.___.

REQUESTING LOCK
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 am

Breaker-Z wrote:
How would people get axers and flapjacks???There is no previous version of them. -__-"

Just...never mind.I thought that this might be a good idea, but maybe thats just because I'm not a rich fag that can afford to pour their money into some online game.
.___.

REQUESTING LOCK

It's not that idea is terrible, it's just taking things out of gara like that...
Well, so very little bots would be able to use it.
Destructor to max... Wouldn't make much of difference as you rarely see any of them.
Cosmo Kaiser to AC, good upgrade, but I rarely see one now. I never got to test mine, so I dunno what is bad about it (low force?).
Snailbot to... whatever is the name. Never saw the gara version on arena, so I dunno.
King Gigaton's version only has a different AM. Doesn't seem good, at all.
Hoverion variants, never saw one being used.
Maxis to varaints, not much of change.
Stur, lol Stur.
Toybox... Only saw the zooka one... twice.

If anything, I'd see CS not allowing Nicole, Misty and other moes to be upgraded.

Still, I'd rather have them evolve to new versions.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 am

OP requested locking.

Here it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)   An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though) Empty

Back to top Go down

An idea that will probably be shot down(hopefully not,though)
Page 1 of 1