Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion

Go down 
+6
God is a Cat Girl
DarkChuky
Beyondeath
Aurum_Sol
Suguri
Gerrion
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion Empty
PostSubject: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:03 am

Opening this discussion thread so players can leave their input on the new Moon Gara.

My 2 5x both came with super derp, but only one gold came out. Won a few weapons, several slot protectors, Greist and Ox, and the fancy MBG A (i like her gray hair #em3 ).

The new MBG A's hook does the following: its targetting reaches a cone in front of her, and it strikes twice on targets it hits, with the second strike pulling robots it hits to your direction with a jumping stun (yes, robots; if you hit more than one, all will be pulled). This will prevent her from chaining her hook to her pilebunker, as if you do so you'll charge below your target, missing the strike. You can use the hook, watch it goes to you as you ready your "E", and then strike. Her Pilebunker is powerfull, and when boosted by her BD, will have greater range and may inflict burns, inflicting the usual loss of armor. The piercegun will go through allies and hit foes, but i haven't confirm if it can hit two in a row, and it does not hit two trees/cannisters in a row. The hook can probably have its speed increased with tunes, but it will give you less tunes for your piercegun (with its speed, probably one speed tune may suffice if you want to improve both weapons). Haven't confirmed if using pom-poms would screw the hook & punch combo, but i'll confirm later.

Now, the OX. Its arms have double bazookas attached. Speed is so so, but will need more to compensate for their small size. But when hit, it will hurt, as it does 2x the damage stated in the arm.

And Greist has good and bad things about him. His HD gives -1 str, 2 tec, 2 fly and 1 tgh for 35 cost with 2 extra stats, making it a nice HD to be used if you win him. His AM's fire double homing beam cannons the same way TBG BP's AMs do their rockets, but they have great homing against targets at his height or below it (aiming above your height level gives bad homing to it). His BS gives a shock-inducing tackle that can shock-lock targets: the robot does a quick v-strike like Beezle and shock all targets it hits. Can't remember if shock locks main or sub weapons, but if it's the latter the BS can render vanguards useless (although most of the times it won't replace the utility Brickgale BS give).

This is what input i could get from 30 minutes. I'll give them another go later on once i return home.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 am

Shock binds subweapons. Shock from Griest BS lasts about 1 second (something like that; same duration as shock bazooka at any rate). Great escape weapon for when that 500ms melee bot lags onto your face, as it both gets you away from them and prevents them from retaliating. Griest core itself is comparable to Shaden BD, so if you need an L-AIR core...get it.

MBG's hook is the same as the Magnetic Whip in the shop. You can make a near-identical mech out of a geo am3 + magnetic whip + pierce mod holding bot.

Ox has nice alpha arms for LND if you don't mind being a fatass.

Rouche's HD Barrier Shoot is OP as fuck. If you haven't seen it yet, you'll find out why. I'd probably use her arm standalone on a small low cost ART like Armed Build Arm (for those that don't know, it's a railgun; don't bother rolling for her to upgrade your rouche arm alphas), or possibly even leave it on her (unlikely; slice gun is too good for Rouche and it's a short-range rail).

Haven't seen anything of MJ OMG, haven't seen enough of the zeros to give an opinion beyond "not OP".

I can safely say Egret Blaster and the Mods are trash. Psygun Shotgun might have applications for burst fire alpha support hoppers, but on the other hand it might also be too weak to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 am

Suguri wrote:

MBG's hook is the same as the Magnetic Whip in the shop. You can make a near-identical mech out of a geo am3 + magnetic whip + pierce mod holding bot.

Ox has nice alpha arms for LND if you don't mind being a fatass.

from the short test i did, magnetic whip cant compare to byne girls hook, if you want a comparison, you will need to look at fishing whip instead and even that one doesnt compare to mbg hook

its noteworthy that due to the new pilebunker, the new mgb doesnt really need to purge armor early on either (people will propably still do it, though)

when i saw those ox arms, i thought instantly, doublezooks! next second i saw LND only and was down because i cant use them with doublezooks ;_;
Back to top Go down
Beyondeath
Newcomer
Newcomer
Beyondeath

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:25 am

Well, as far as i've seen, the new MBG does incredible damage once purged. (I think i did 122 on an art in the trainning arena without any tunes and at level 1). The new Archer zero doesn't seem overpowered at all (at least not yet). Without any cart upgrades I can't be entirely sure, but the arrows only do 12 damage and 25 to airs while the charms she throws have a range equal to that of a melee weapon while only doing up to 25 damage.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 am

I got all.. hasnt tested...

The MJ OMG does 2 Dash/Attacks .. nice as a lag skill....

Rouche Gengidama will stay close to her.. look more defensive (like the greinaut that puts the barrier over his head) xd! My Mouse was with rapid fire on!!!

Not sure if the MBG hook will interfere with the normal right click spam...

The 2 new zeros, doesn't look ops, just good or normal, I notice that the Archer have good mobility (but she is an ART)

Like the Ninja girl, but the range of the melee have low range, that will be a problem vs Eris, Luto, Sylvia, Aila and HD Ivis, but well need to test and work on her.

The Weapons.. I just wanted the multcurve mod.. its just perfect to break Resha shields.

Still note better feedback, just rolled and when out to work.

Last edited by DarkChuky on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Greist HD is only good if you don't have Aquila Airs HD, as Airs HD has the same exact stats, and costs 30, and Greist costs 35. Well, still good, but Aquila Airs is better.
Back to top Go down
-Business
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-Business

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:32 pm

griest BS - combo's with katalina arms and adone legs. (and all together to boot.)

arms didnt do anything with.. but... double beam missle. can just say.. sure. why not. stick em o na alphag. and call it a day.

psygun shotgun... support bot's new best friend. (at least my squidol girl ev's new best friend)

mightybyne - 'fishing girl' - scorpion 'get over here' line is cool - pilebunkers range is rediculous and hits hard. 3 quick shot pierce gun that is pretty nice wont lie.

didnt do anything with both zeros i got tho.

fake ag girl blasters - only 3 shots at once. weaker than ag. and only 180 range.... fucking wack.

grenade.. didnt try. but DAT FORCE. ( 39 )

curve gamma lightning gun - is. amazing.

jsut IMO.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Quote :
curve gamma lightning gun - is. amazing.

use it vs Resha.. is funny how that girl runaway from that weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 am

SL also stated a few facts about the robots, although in the general section.

Will leave the link here if anyone wishes to check it out.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t10010-moon-gara-robot-rundown
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:23 pm

^ Gah, sorry. I don't usually browse the Gameplay forum so I wouldn't have known about this thread. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Aiოi ♥
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Aiოi ♥

Female Posts : 461

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Suguri wrote:
Rouche's HD Barrier Shoot is OP as fuck. If you haven't seen it yet, you'll find out why. I'd probably use her arm standalone on a small low cost ART like Armed Build Arm (for those that don't know, it's a railgun; don't bother rolling for her to upgrade your rouche arm alphas), or possibly even leave it on her (unlikely; slice gun is too good for Rouche and it's a short-range rail).

ya I agree with you!
anyway, Rouche is the only gold I got after trying 10 times and I really dont like her. It's kinda a waste of money scratch
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Rouche's new core is great, arm not-so-much

MBG A is fantastic, although in ways I feel like she can't be used in the same fashion as regular MBG.

ZERO's I can't get a solid opinion on, as I'm in the process of building a Kagura, and am not familiar with Momiji whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion   Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Moon Gara robots/weapons discussion
Page 1 of 1