Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moon Gara Robot Rundown

Go down 
+4
Halexander
Kaosuseki
Akhenderson
SL the Pyro
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

Moon Gara Robot Rundown Empty
PostSubject: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Decided to do a rundown of the pros and cons of the stuff I've gotten from the Moon Gara. I might make a habit out of listing the pros and cons of bots.

####################

Griest

It looks awesome, I'll give it that, but like most Silver prize mechas its parts are better off on other bots. The AMs have dual Beam Missiles; we've seen this before on Geograsis F, whose AM4s render Griest's AMs useless if you have them since they're superior in every relevant way: stats, force, range and speed for just 10 more Cost. Ouch. The Griest BS on the other hand has potential; aside from looking wicked cool, it comes with a 21 Force tackle that inflicts Shock. If you're making a melee AIR and you don't have any Katalina AMs available, then this is an excellent combo starter.

The stats on most of the parts themselves are what you'd expect from an AIR mecha: TEC- and FLY-inclined, and even for having internal weapons are relatively low-cost - the Griest BS is just 85! The exception is the Griest LG, which gives 3 WLK instead, and for only 30 cost makes it great for anything not S-size you want to pump WLK into. As for his Cartridges, they're a little odd: he has every evasion-necessary cart which is strange for a L-AIR, and stranger still is that he has Tough Wonder Bit. He also has Broad Radar for a whopping 50 cost, as opposed to Sniper Sight which is only 20. No Stealth System, funnily enough.

Played well I imagine Griest can be quite powerful, but its weird carts and the need for better parts might pose a challenge. To each their own though.

Addendums:
-Akhenderson says that the Griest BS' attack is TEC-based, not STR-based. Make sure you don't buff the wrong stat! (Kinda limits its effectiveness if you ask me, but if you have a Frau Adone, Herr Victor, Lux Eques or any other replaceable-booster AIR that has TEC-based melee, then you're in luck.)

--------------------

Assault Ox M2

Well, haven't seen an Assault Ox in a while. Like its predecessor, M2 doesn't have a HD part and thus can't wear accessories. Thankfully unlike its predecessor however, he's traded some STR and WLK for a massive TGH boost - 23 as opposed to 10, and all of his parts reflect it as all of them have either 2 or 3 TGH apiece. The BS is notable for this since it's LND-only, so if any of you were planning to make TGH-loaded LND rushers, this might help you. The LG can be equipped by anything and has a couple points of WLK too.

The real attraction, however, is the new Assault Ox M2 AMs. The shitty 4 Force Dual Accelguns have been wisely replaced by 21 Force Dual Bazookas and come with extra TEC and TGH points to boot. Like their previous incarnation however, they're LND-only, and are a bit expensive at 110 cost, but if you can aim well they make for an effective anti-AIR weapon; you'd probably only need one AM. But the real kicker is that they're M-size, so even the smaller bots can get in on the fun.

The cartridges are generic LND stuff and he comes with a ton of capacity right out of the box. Most of his parts are better off elsewhere, but the bot itself is solid for a hopper - perhaps a not a rusher, as he lacks Stun Regain. You might consider keeping one of the AMs on though.

Also, again, he has Tough Wonder Bit. What the hell?

--------------------

Mighty Byne Girl A

The only Gold prize I managed to get due to the rest of my rolls being Car Crashes. Vanilla MBG was a source of terror in the arena for a good while, and her newest incarnation steps up her game. Anyone with good knowledge of Pierceguns know that they're deadly if used right, and apparently MBG learned from this; she comes armed with a combination of a 21 Force, three-shot Piercegun and a "Draw Anchor". The latter is a stun-happy Hyper Spinner that hits twice, and the second hit lobs the unlucky victim in your direction; anyone with a lick of sense will know to avoid close combat with MBG like the plague, so this is very helpful. Remember that you can move around while using it!

Her trademark Pilebunker has been retooled: purged or not it now only does one punch, but that punch is considerably more powerful than before. Unpurged it's already 32 Force, and purging brings it to 36 and also doubles the lunging distance (and, being a kind of weapon modifier, also nullifies the slowdown of Grappler tunes - take notes!). The recommended fighting style is stated right on her weapons: distract with the Piercegun, catch with the Draw Anchor, punch into next week with the Pilebunker (or just kill with the Piercegun in the case of weakened enemies or annoying AIRs).

I didn't get to see the original MBG's cartridges so I can't say if MBG-A's are better, but either way she has everything you could want on a LND: hopper carts, Stun Regain, Tough Runner, the works. And Wonder Rate Up if you're into that sort of thing.

Addendums:
-Jesus started a rumor that the Piercegun was STR-based. This is false, it runs on TEC just like almost every other gun. (In his defense, he was confused for a while too. I assume he was shooting people in the back without realizing it after buffing STR.)

####################

Okay, so that's the rundown of three Moon Gara bots out of... seven. Help me fix that and post what you know about the others, pretty please.

also what's with all of these bots having 21 force on a weapon what the fuck

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:04 pm

On a note about Greist BS, the tackle is TEC based, not STR based.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Wow, really? Griest is getting weirder and weirder.

On a similar note, Jesus tells me that MBG-A's Piercegun is STR-based rather than TEC-based. (false, the person who told me this was just confused)

What is this, the Backwards Gara?

Last edited by SL the Pyro on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm

>Griest BS melee gives shock and is TEC based

I need this bot. If only to test that booster on Lux Eques. Shit's gonna be so cash, yo.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 am

Kaosuseki wrote:

I need this bot. If only to test that booster on Lux Eques. Shit's gonna be so cash, yo.

I was thinking the same thing, but if you are slow tuned like me, then you would have to be careful not to overwrite slow with shock...

It also make you HUGE...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:00 am

Quote :
Well, haven't seen an Assault Ox in a while. Like its predecessor, M2 doesn't have a HD part and thus can't wear accessories.
He can wear accessories.
Back to top Go down
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 1:07 am

Halexander wrote:
Kaosuseki wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, but if you are slow tuned like me, then you would have to be careful not to overwrite slow with shock...

It also make you HUGE...

Spoiler:

Urgh. Yeah, forgot Slow and Shock don't stack. It would be waaaaaay too OP if they did. Guess that reduces the effectiveness of the booster, but then again, it's already going to destroy melee lands.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 am

Just use it if you land and find yourself in a pinch with a melee bot. How does it work on land? If it worked like a semi-stovl too that'd be just perfect. The BD itself looks pretty decent as far as L AIRs go as well.

I'm also completely ignoring the fact I have like 7 of them because I don't want to open my game and use it.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 am

SL, just to warn that there is a thread that's covering this, although in the Gameplay Questions/Discussion section. Leaving the link here if you want to stop by.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t10001-moon-gara-robots-weapons-discussion
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Might as well mention, that Greist's shock is more of a buy-time-to-build-distance-thing to do. When I first fought him with my Su-chan I was like ow ficken! >_<

...but then it wore off after the blink of an eye and as the user was still close enough to me, Su-chan showed him haotodisruptproperly <3
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:24 pm

^ Gah, sorry. I don't usually browse the Gameplay forum so I wouldn't have known about this thread. My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moon Gara Robot Rundown   Moon Gara Robot Rundown Empty

Back to top Go down

Moon Gara Robot Rundown
Page 1 of 1