Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger Empty
PostSubject: New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger   New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

At the end of the day, a Mediger is just a Pawnger wearing a Bishop's outfit:

Pretty much took the various forms of, say, this thread, and thought, "I wonder if I could make it on a Mediger and pretend to be a land". Now, there are a fair amount of downfalls (no Quick Jump/Quick Land, can't get Stun Regain either, more cost, less HP, less speed because not a LND), and some things aren't final (Quick Boost can be replaced by either Wonder Rate Up or Anti Slow, or by Broad Radar by dunking the 9 TEC breakpoint).

But it has its own perks. Has slightly better TGH, not weak to Beam, gets all of the Guard Carts, has 10 capa to put almost any bit of choice, is M-size while being the same size as an actual Pawnger. I put in a Shock Bazooka because it has better ammo and much more chaos factor than the tried-and-true Handy Zook, so you won't be running out of ammo with half your HP left. But since you're an M-SUP, you do have some other options if you wanted to play a different approach (the guard carts can be sacrificed to take even more capa).

Here's an alternate version that dunks some of the TGH for 80 more HP and the next WLK/hop breakpoint by using EX Tunes. Also switched Quick Boost for Broad Radar by switching the Dual Slayers for Dual Spike, just because I could. You could alternately drop that lone Life Tune to, again, fit any 10 cost bit of choice.

I'm almost tempted to make this some time, if I had a Shock Zook:

Thought I'd throw this out there for thoughts on it. Y'know. Discussion.

Last edited by JadeCicada on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Underlined a link because it's possible to see over it)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger   New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

The first immediate concern I see is "zero damage capability". I guess if all you want to do is make melees mad then it works, but that's literally all it can do. I'd want a Baculus, Gravity Gun, Sary HD, regular Bazooka, Mega Beam Gun Mod...something to give it one extra function, if nothing else.

That aside, Quick Boost is pretty much pointless on a build like this. You aren't flying and nothing else you do is going to eat any real amounts of boost.

WLK breakpoints for non-lnd are at 30 and 35.

Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger   New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

I always mix up the hop breakpoints on non-LNDs. Even though I even got that fixed in the last build I ran by you. Wargh.

On the main build, you can dunk an entire High Run Alpha, letting you also swap Quick Boost for Broad Radar (or do anything else you'd like for 10 cost). On the EX build, you could dunk a Tank Tune for a second Life tune and then switch the Autumn Earrings for something more accessible (maybe even grab the Yamato Kabuto back).

I didn't mind the lack of damage entirely, mostly because this is intended to work with a team that capitalizes on the disorder you're causing as you hop around disabling melee and missile alike. There's usually a fair amount of sub-weapon SUPs and ARTs who would be pretty annoyed by something jumping around in their lines and shocking them, which in turn means you get the attention ideally away from your allies. Granted, this depends on having both a cooperative team on your side, and an enemy team who actually cares about defending their back lines.

On a more damage-oriented look, I had considered Mega Beam Gun Mod at first (since even though I don't have one, that's the only one I'm familiar with). Decided not to... for some reason.

Didn't want to keep Baculus since, while it's an excellent item, it'd be a completely different strategy for using the bot that I'd probably just follow your guide on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger   New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger Empty

Back to top Go down

New Take on an Old Classic - the jumping Pawnger
Page 1 of 1