Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with Nemlim build?

Go down 
+2
Suguri
Kyukon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyukon
Kyukon

Female Posts : 24

Help with Nemlim build? Empty
PostSubject: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:42 pm

so i opened my HU cube and got Nemlim and im wondering what builds i should use... A friend of mine told me that Nemlim is supposed to be really good but her stats are lower than my starter Jikun Long so im a bit lost with using Nemlim... please help? Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 am

Oh hey the forum has a big blue search button.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=Nemlim&show_results=topics
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 am

This looks more like a question than a guide...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 am

Suguri wrote:
It happens so frequently that I stopped caring whether they make it to Gameplay/Discussions or not. I'm pretty confident you feel the same way?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 am

iKray wrote:
Suguri wrote:
It happens so frequently that I stopped caring whether they make it to Gameplay/Discussions or not. I'm pretty confident you feel the same way?
My take is more like "rules don't stop being rules just because they're being broken".
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:24 am

reli too slow

• This is the guides section. You are not making a guide for Nemlim. You are asking for help concerning Nemlim. Therefore this topic should have been made in the Gameplay/Discussion section. An authority should be moving this topic in due time, so don't sweat it. Try to post topics concerning questions inside the Gameplay/Discussion section next time, okay?

• Is this NemlimBD1 or NemlimBD2? Well, since you didn't say anything about Mellow, I guess it's the former instead of the latter.

• Her main weapon causes Bullet Delay or something. Really fucks up gunners. It's 190 range, so you have to get close.
  • As such, hopping, which is done with the carts Short Boost + Quick Land, helps in this endeavor. Hopping is a defensive measure, making you harder to hit by opposition. Consequently, you can close in the distance to utilize your bats.
  • Suggested carts would be Short Boost + Quick Land + Quick Jump, which makes your hops go higher and further, six capacity carts, and maybe an EIW
  • You can take two EIW, but her cap then gets really tight. You can also drop Quick Jump, but not everybody gets said cart so it'll be a waste not to utilize it, in my opinion.
  • You can either take Cheer Pom-pons or nothing as your handheld. Both allow for more tuning.
  • Most hoppers go for 32 WLK at least. I know I've gotten by with less. Still, that was with a low cost hopper. This gal is going to hit 1k cost, so might as well keep mobility relatively high so you don't feed.
  • [12 TGH would be good so you're not stunned by everything. You should tune 2x Crimson Veil or Clearance on the legs if possible. Rest goes into TEC, I guess. Personally, I would use some Tank/Sentinel tunes to buff her HP.
  • Choose accessories to buff her wlk/tec/tgh (maybe).
  • I'd pick Froglander BS as it's lowcost and she's already tight on cap. Ask around for a 2s or 3s one during Bazaar.
  • Hoppers are countered by melee. Don't forgot, though, that she has a sub-weapon with which she can counter melee. It's harder to use compared to that of Nemlim Mellow's, however. Just food for thought. Try to avoid melee, anyways.

There's some tips. Get building your moe a whirl on CosmiCalc and let us know how it turns out. Spoon-feeding is no fun. You can access said calculator by clicking on this sentence.

I don't actually have this bot, but I've been buttfucked by her Bullet Delay several times.

You can click on this sentence for more topics pertaining to Nemlim.

Last edited by Relict? on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 am

@Relict
I've heard a lot about hopping but i have no idea how that works... do i just like spam space bar and jump around?

and um. sorry if i used the wrong section but i thought guide meant i can ask people for a guide as well and the available guides are all for nemlim mellow so yea i have the original nemlim.

thanks for the help though!

Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 am

Oh, no, you double-tap in an direction (default keys are a, w, s, d, or any combination of the above). By double-tapping, your bot jumps in said direction and then falls back down to the ground.

Depending on how long you hold the second tap, you can control how far your bot travels.

You're to do this in rapid succession while firing weapons. Hopping works because it kind of screws with the aiming system. Some people will get mad at you, but melee, weapons with big AoE effects (Stardust Cannon, for an example), or aiming at where the hopper is going to land will fuck hoppers over. Hoppers, thus, have their counters. Most people are not too smart, though. Take advantage of that.

Oh. Well, yes, the guide sections are meant for people to create guides. The Gameplay Questions/Discussion section is more suited for this thread.

No problem.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 am

so hopping is basically using the boost gauge running thing in little bursts?
cuz i kinda just like boost around and shoot but then some guy always comes along with homing or use blast guns to rape my ass :/
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:23 am

I'm no Nemlim expert, but I can say that tuning High Run Alpha on the first slot of every part (using the free icecream harmonics would help) would jumpstart any tuning efforts.

Spoiler:

Something like this wouldn't be too awefully hard to do. The BS is UC, and if you asked around bazaar time, there's people who'd sell it to you already tuned possibly.

If you want to try out Shortboost, you can level up either a Frog Lander or an Accel Saber to level 1, since that's the level they both can get it at. Note that walk and fly do infact affect Shortboost though, so how your Froglander hops will be different than how something like Accel Saber/something with higher walk/fly stats would.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:09 am

@Trill

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:42 am

I didn't read what anyone else said, but for my Nem, I tried tuning 36 WLK and then doing Ranger tunes. I used to have higher TEC and less HP, but her high ammo made it so I died before I used up too much of it.

I feel like she has hitbox issues though or is affected more by lag than other bots, so I generally only use her in Low Latency rooms.

I prefer 36 WLK over 32 because of the 190 range, by the way. 2x EIW, Short Boost, Quick Land.

Go for arts, since they'll be generally easier to hit and you can mess up their aim and fire rate to the point they go "fking faglim QQ fag stop using OPs." And make sure you do not attack anything that has a more crippling debuff, such as a melee that has been Shocked, or Slow. Charge Delay will overwrite Shock/Slow/other debuffs and will often give them a chance to attack back or get away.

EDIT: Just looked at Trill's carts. Don't take Tough Wonder Bit. If you get the second EIW instead, your main weapon will have more force and ammo, and you will never really run out of Counter Bats because they do last quite a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:59 am

MagicPotatoplz wrote:
Don't take Tough Wonder Bit.
No, Tough Wonder Bit makes her bats last much longer and they will help you by soaking up some damage.

You could end up with a build that looks like this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:09 am

LXE wrote:
MagicPotatoplz wrote:
No, Tough Wonder Bit makes her bats last much longer and they will help you by soaking up some damage.

You could end up with a build that looks like this.

Spoiler:

>Accel Roll

...what?
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 am

LXE wrote:
MagicPotatoplz wrote:

But you're never going to run out of counter bats anyway, so they won't be sucking up much more damage in the end if you take an EIW instead. If you take a Capacity cart instead, you can just tune more HP on her, increasing her survivability (which is also more reliable than counting on your Counter Bats to shield you) and adding some tuning flexibility. :I

Just preference I guess. Not my Nemlim, so do what you want.
Back to top Go down
Kyukon
Kyukon

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 am

thing is... i never use my bats :/
i always forget about them... but do the bats block off bullets and crap too? cuz i think i heard that they're for melee defense only? or maybe im just a bit retarded.

and i think im gonna go with the eiw. personally i prefer offense over defense...

"the strong offense is the best defense"
- random skyrim guard LOLOLOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:56 am

Kyukon wrote:
"the strong offense is the best defense"
- random skyrim guard LOLOLOL Very Happy
From what Ive heard one of Lab Coat Rouche's lines translates as "Defense is the best attack!" :3c I so gotta learn japanese ._.

Oh and for the bats: whenever they got hit by something meleeing, they'll fly towards said target and hit it. This works awesome against pretty much any bigger aoe-type melee and while short boosting. As long as they're out they'll rotate arround their mistress, and soak up a lot of shots. Many LND types use the Dual Spike Bit for a similiar effect. ART types can use dual Missile Bits like this, but they wont rotate and their massive hitbox usually causes them to disappear faster than you can spell Wonder Bit.

The second EIW will also increase the ammo and force of her BD@, so I'd say second EIW gives more benefits than TGH Wonder Bit. If you are really worried about your little childrens of the night, skip Quick Jump and pick up both EIWs and Tough Wonder Bit. But Id suggest 2EIW and no Tough WB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Nemlim build?   Help with Nemlim build? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Nemlim build?
Page 1 of 1