Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiraneko
Kiraneko

Female Posts : 95

My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. Empty
PostSubject: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:22 am

Spoiler:

Note: that intelli blue is actually an AX scarf...

need opinions.. -u-
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 pm

I could have sworn that the Sylvia Shield bit was important to Sylvia's defense. Or can it be discarded to make such builds?

I've made a non-EX build trying to allow the shield bit to be active. I've also tried to keep other important info in your build intact: cartridges, dual Crimson Veil, weapon tunes, etc. Saddly it gave me a STR of 35, which lowers the base damage of your strikes from 62 to 58 comparing to 40 STR. (Note: the BS has only 2 slots used, so you can have an easier time finding that specific BS.)

Spoiler:

So, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Gerrion wrote:
I could have sworn that the Sylvia Shield bit was important to Sylvia's defense. Or can it be discarded to make such builds?
40/0 shield still lasts 50 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Quote :
40/0 shield still lasts 50 seconds.

Didn't knew that. Thanks, Suguri.

In other words, you could follow your build if you're okay with the specific tunings on the weapon, Kiraneko.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm sure AX Scarf is just for looks, but if you're seriously building her, switching out to a better accesory would help even a little bit. Also I question your choice of Sword Guard over something such as Blast Guard, your only main threat for damage from behind while WB is up.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:22 pm

everything can still hit you from behind if it hits between the shields
they also dont block any melee attacks and ignoring that, id propably chose swordguard on a melee except i would build it around running away from melees, like ouka

in the end its preference but there surely isnt anything wrong with swordguard on something like sylvia
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't know about you, but with double High Glad the range on her sword makes her near impossible to beat in a legitimate melee fight. And I still remember her WB sheild blocking everything from behind, considering I can run away from stuff like gatlings and whatnot and take no damage. She still gets hit by aoe attacks or anything with a blast though, which is why I'd probably choose blast guard over sword, since in most cases you're only being hit by the blast portion of the attack.
Back to top Go down
Kiraneko
Kiraneko

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Ah i put sword guard because im hunting other melees rather than ARTs.. Specially luto..

and also i have another non ex tune build with 500ish hp but with 31 wlk..
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:13 pm

yeah, her range is superb and all but

you did notice that her charge attack is majorly bugged and dealing way to much damage because it ignores toughness (not exactly, i wrote what it does in another thread) and thus triggers enemy crimson veil much more frequently than other melees do
at least i had that problem with an untuned sylvia of constantly activating crimson veil on enemys, tuning one will only make that problem worse (at least as long as they dont fix the freakin charge bug)
Back to top Go down
Kiraneko
Kiraneko

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Btw what does 3 hg do to her combo anyway..
Yeah it has 90ish range and 100ish speed.. But what do those things do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..   My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned.. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Sylvia build.. EX tuned/non EX tuned..
Page 1 of 1