Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A fun build for Gaderoga

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

A fun build for Gaderoga Empty
PostSubject: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 am

Spoiler:

Thought it'd be pretty fun to make a build like this~

I was playing with its Deck Shot and found it very interesting, both direct hit and explosion will hard stun and push back the enemies. And say that the enemies have a shield, a direct hit can't push them, but if I hit the floor or nearby wall to cover them in the explosion, they'd still get stunned and pushed <3

Seeing the Deck Shot only got 100 ammo, I didn't think adding Viper Shield was a good idea, so I added the Pump Bazooka I recently acquired and proceed to making this build.

Since it's not a very serious build, I decided to add Anti-Burn which I have always wanted to try out, then later going even further with adding Quick Swim (I think it might be funny, luring LND into water making them think they have the advantage, then blast the hell outta them with Deck Shot XD)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:59 am

This build seems funneh. I especially liked the last bit about luring LND into a water trap. Blizt for sugoi troll.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Hmm, after some testing it seems that while Quick Swim is still nice, it's not as good as that water cart Ion got by default.

I tested with my Ion and Gaderoga with Quick Swim, got these results in a 10 sec run test:

Spoiler:

As you can see, even with 5 less WLK Ion still have moved further distance...and it seems like unlike Ion's water cart, which enable movement cart such as Short Boost in the water, Quick Swim doesn't have that feature (or it's possible that while Short Boost is allowed, Boost Run is not)

Jumping in and out of the water seems the same though...

Still, even with just 20 WLK it moves a lot faster than normal bot, I think I should be alright once I hit 28 WLK (although I can't use Boost Run)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Quick Swim just removes the speed penalty water usually gives you.

Also for the sake of comparison 20 wlk art is like 10 wlk lnd or something
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 3:56 pm

Suguri wrote:
Quick Swim just removes the speed penalty water usually gives you.
Too bad I guess Sad

Suguri wrote:
Also for the sake of comparison 20 wlk art is like 10 wlk lnd or something
I know, but I think that's no problem (at least in the water), I also tested with my 36 WLK Lancer in the water, in a 10 sec run test:

Spoiler:
He can only move so far =w=

EDIT: Ah I see why my Ion with less WLK actually moved more distance, it's because she can "run", while other bots (with Quick Swim or not) can only "walk", no wonder!
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Hmmm, made some modification again after several field testing:

Spoiler:

Swapping out the Boost Run for another Capa cart...

I should've thought of this before, that Boost Run mess up shooting angle badly.
(well it was actually still acceptable until I tried to hit target "right in front" of me -_-)

I'm kinda lacking protector and materials right now, which is why I used Battery tune instead of two simple tec/tgh tune.

Btw, a small question: Is it just me or that Pump Bazooka's pure blast damage?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

It seems like it, Blizt. I have been having too much fun with Pomf Bazooka and it seems to hit the AIRs really hard but hits LNDs for like 10. That's just my observation, however.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Blizt wrote:
Btw, a small question: Is it just me or that Pump Bazooka's pure blast damage?
30% shell 70% blast
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Suguri wrote:
30% shell 70% blast

Ah, I see...Well, still nice! I see damage from 50-60 quite often, and I only got 19 TEC XD

Also, found out that stunning/knock-back from Deck Shot won't increase Support or Jammer score at all, this bot has officially became my personal bot that drops my Br even if I got in first 10 lol.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm

br gain and loss is not based on which rank you get
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Well, even so, when I defended our ARTs from being harassed by rushing LND, stun-locking the LND into wall/corner, or securing certain routines from enemies coming in, the game still decided not to give me much score, I can't really help it sometimes =w=
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

The score system in this game is so silly. Ignore it and keep having fun boning LNDs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fun build for Gaderoga   A fun build for Gaderoga Empty

Back to top Go down

A fun build for Gaderoga
Page 1 of 1