Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered

Go down 
+12
FenixStryk
s4nji
TaeTae
Hyoka
Midona
White Glint
Feign
Kusanagi
Flandyrll
NovaZero
shissachan
plvlplox
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
plvlplox
Newcomer
Newcomer

Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered Empty
PostSubject: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 pm

i dunno if im so right i just started like 2 days ago and i think ouka is SO FREAKING over powered cause one of her simple melee hit causes me 67 damage and what ever newbie uses it ofcourse Spams it. and there alot of those dude who use ouka and spam melee

and also i cant seem to dodge it i fly i dash she still gets me WTF?
Back to top Go down
shissachan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shissachan

Female Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Are you an ART? ARTs are notorious for their crappy fleeing speed at everything. If a melee, even if its a simple zero saber, catches you, then expect that you will be butt raped. Ivis and Ouka automatically rape anything they can catch, though. Plus, Ouka's slashes sends out a little orb of AoE that hits you. If you see petals and then slashing white lines, that's its AoE.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Compared to Ivis, Ouka's pretty balanced. Sure, she can do like 10 hits with her katana, but her starting STR is 13, so it won't hurt THAT much, unless you're an ART. It will hurt, but not like with Ivis, who is just 8 hits of pure rape.
Back to top Go down
plvlplox
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Ima get this ivis Character and the spam the hell outta of em if thats how they want it
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 pm

I kinda agree with the TS.

As long as you can chain your melee combo into itself with ease, it's considered OP to me. Even with a Land or Air unit, escaping from an Ouka's attacks is quite difficult already, even if you do escape, you'll usually take some serious damages already. Ever seen fighter games where some characters can combo the enemy infinitely just by repeating the same six moves? The idea is about the same.

But yet again, I'm not too worried about it since Ouka will be Rt, possibly even Gara. Not to mention, most Oukas turn into bomb-bait the moment you shock them. I've seen quite a few Oukas standing around watching me attack them when they get shocked.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 1:09 pm

Everything we're using here is Rt, and I'm betting a lot of the free rooms will be dominated by Rt users, thereby chasing away newbies.

But yes. You get caught, you die and depending on the situation, it is likely your fault. Embrace the suck.

As for the TC's idea of getting Ivis just to get back at Ouka, oh boy, will he be in for a big surprise when he fights against a player with a brain.
Back to top Go down
shissachan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shissachan

Female Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 3:58 pm

In other words, even if you have an OP bot, if you think you're god, YOU WILL DIE.
Back to top Go down
Kusanagi
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Ouka's combo is not infinite. Her forward movement and the slide she does when she does the AoE damage make her lose her target in most situations. Her anti-air is pathetic since her sword beam has really slow start-up speed and movement, low damage, and bad stunning; her melee in the air is just a downward slash that doesn't have much range, so she has a hard time getting targets out of the air. She's not particularly on the tough side, so it's entirely possible to kill her before she reaches you or to kill her before she can inflict enough damage. The forward movement she has is also pretty small (though still large enough to disrupt her comboing, as stated earlier), so targeting her while she's attacking is simple, unlike Jikun Hu who flies everywhere and is hard to track. Strong beam hits and lasers tend to be her downfall.

Also, her melee only does maybe 20-30 damage when normal. Mine does at most 80 damage per slash, but that's with 40 STR and +3 force.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 8:17 pm

While i agree with Kusanagi that Ouka definitely has her weak points, I do think that the biggest problem with melee needs to be addressed. Too many of the combos can completely stun-lock a moderate-TGH bot from the first hit, and keep them stunned until they're dead. The devs need to implement some kind of system that makes it much harder to keep an enemy stunned for more than a few hits.
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 am

Kusanagi wrote:
Ouka's combo is not infinite. Her forward movement and the slide she does when she does the AoE damage make her lose her target in most situations. Her anti-air is pathetic since her sword beam has really slow start-up speed and movement, low damage, and bad stunning; her melee in the air is just a downward slash that doesn't have much range, so she has a hard time getting targets out of the air. She's not particularly on the tough side, so it's entirely possible to kill her before she reaches you or to kill her before she can inflict enough damage. The forward movement she has is also pretty small (though still large enough to disrupt her comboing, as stated earlier), so targeting her while she's attacking is simple, unlike Jikun Hu who flies everywhere and is hard to track. Strong beam hits and lasers tend to be her downfall.

Also, her melee only does maybe 20-30 damage when normal. Mine does at most 80 damage per slash, but that's with 40 STR and +3 force.
You just need to turn fast enough to keep your aim near your opponent. Melee attacks have a different aiming method from ranged, all you need is to be facing in the general direction of your enemy.

I don't know about you but from most Oukas I've seen in-game, I usually get hit by the entire combo at least 2 or 3 times before they miss, else I just die from 4 -5 combos.
Back to top Go down
White Glint
Newcomer
Newcomer
White Glint

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 3:34 am

Overpowered ? Not really.

From personal experience she's relatively balanced compared to Ivis who can easily dominate melee if kept unchecked.

All Ouka has going for her is a very long melee chain combo and her extremely high move speed. While Shinkuchi Ourakiri has a very high base damage of 30 Force, Ouka's low base STR makes up for it in terms of balance.

Ivis....well , we all know what Ivis does.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 am

Whatta joke Shocked . Ouka overpowered ?!

She :
- Have no much HP
- Is not really customizable
- Can be stun easily

And so on. She's really easy to kill. Sure, if your got a sturbanger and no cover, you'll die but...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:30 am

Saggitary Maxis II > Ouka/Ivis
Amateus > Ouka
Everything with greater than or equal to 15 walk/fly as a land/air bot respectively > Sturbanger

And

Ivis/Ouka > Toybox/Sturbanger

Just be careful who you're using in that arena, or you'll find yourself fighting against god as a wooden stick.

Me? I'm always fighting god with a wooden stick, no matter what weapon I'm using it's equivalent to a damn stick.

So I avoid PvP.

And PvP is the greatest method of earning UC/EXP. Fie upon it.
PvP generates the most whine in the entire game. Fie upon it.
You whine about melee spam in the arena without trying air units. Fie upon it.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:37 am

Hyoka wrote:
Saggitary Maxis II > Ouka/Ivis
Amateus > Ouka
Everything with greater than or equal to 15 walk/fly as a land/air bot respectively > Sturbanger

And

Ivis/Ouka > Toybox/Sturbanger

Just be careful who you're using in that arena, or you'll find yourself fighting against god as a wooden stick.

Me? I'm always fighting god with a wooden stick, no matter what weapon I'm using it's equivalent to a damn stick.

So I avoid PvP.

Pretty sure haku 3 star is better uc and better exp. And on high rates, arcantos is even better uc.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

Arcantus, UC? Don't make me laugh.

Also, in the live release, you require Bastagant Entry tickets to go fight Hakuhaku.

Right, did I mention they come from the Arena?
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 am

Hyoka wrote:
Arcantus, UC? Don't make me laugh.

Also, in the live release, you require Bastagant Entry tickets to go fight Hakuhaku.

Right, did I mention they come from the Arena?

um if u actually read my post carefully, I said arcantos during high rates. During 8x i was getting over 150k in 40 mins in arcantos. Which beats ur 90k/hour in haku 3 star and beats ur 60k/hour in arena.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 am

You failed to specify numbers and how you're getting it.

Chances are it's in a lumberjack event.

That's the only time I can make 150k in an hour

For two hours.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 am

Hyoka wrote:
You failed to specify numbers and how you're getting it.

Chances are it's in a lumberjack event.

That's the only time I can make 150k in an hour

For two hours.

no this is normal arcantos during 8x with 3x uc and 3x drop. The drop makes like every monster drop uc, the 50 uc's are the moneymakers. After like 4-5 areas = around 40 minutes I can get 150k Last lumber jack I got 9 mil so i'm definately talking about normal arcantos. As long as you are efficient
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:36 am

Hyoka wrote:

So I avoid PvP.

Man, you whine too much about PvP.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:38 am

Maybe if there wasn't so many problems with it. And I'm not talking about what people actually use inside the arena.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 am

Name me these problems.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 am

Disparity between rewards for how well you do in the arena.

It's really really huge, even if you compare the 1st and the 15th position (in a 15v15) or the 1st and 30th (in a 30v30) position in the arena.

Also the scores difference is over nine freaking thousand, even when not considering Ivis and Ouka running around.

Hell, see THIS.

(spoiler tag for size)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
s4nji
Newcomer
Newcomer
s4nji

Male Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am

Just look for any ambush paths and check it once a while.
If you see an ouka, run away until it's really safe to missile spam again Very Happy

That's how i evade oukas What a Face
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am

Hyoka wrote:
Disparity between rewards for how well you do in the arena.

It's really really huge, even if you compare the 1st and the 15th position (in a 15v15) or the 1st and 30th (in a 30v30) position in the arena.

Also the scores difference is over nine freaking thousand, even when not considering Ivis and Ouka running around.

Hell, see THIS.

(spoiler tag for size)

Spoiler:
1) I do well in arena and the only noticeable difference I see is the money and EXP thing. Even then, it's rare, even when I do reach 1st place.

2) Scores don't bother me. What matters to me is if I can be competent enough not to get the boot.

I really don't see a problem, unless you're a score-whore.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:53 am

I tend not to use ARTs in an arena.

Until I learned of Saggitary Maxis.

Not that I go there often anyway.

And it's really extremely how-do-I-shot-web hard to bypass the boot in shuffle matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered   Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered Empty

Back to top Go down

Ouka is SOOOOOOOOOO Over powered
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next