Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crescent Saint: How To Improve?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

Crescent Saint: How To Improve? Empty
PostSubject: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 pm

I recently tried to use Crescent Saint with the Ominous Scythe and came across a fantastic score that net me top 10. (This is including the wings and zeros and such) So after that ordeal, I kind of wanted to make Crescent Saint better than before. However, I still need to get some ideal parts and levels to make this Crescent Saint, but I would like ideas on how to build him better.

Spoiler:
So far, I have a whopping 110 extra cost that could be used to benefit Crescent Saint. but I have a couple questions as well.

1. Would pump gun be a decent enough weapon to use on Crescent Saint? I would imagine the damage is still decent, and because he primarily uses strength for air melee anyways, the pump gun would be a good side arm. (If not, I'll find something else, considering I haven't even gotten the pump gun yet lol.)
2. Would Accel Roll benefit him at all? I would figure yes to get out of sticky situations such as accidentally missing with the scythe.
3. Weapon tunes for the scythe? I've never used scythe weapons before so I don't know the exact tunes on what should be used.
4. Alternatives? Just say. I could try to get myself a lazflamme lg tuned with revenge tunes rather than boosts and such to give him more hp and resilience.

Please leave feedback as I would love to hear some suggestions on making this better. We got to see SOME interesting things out there at least Razz
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm

I've always felt sythe was a bit high int, and not suitable for the position it leaves mosts bots in if it doesnt knockback enough or you miss. Jumper Halberd Crescent Saint is apparently somewhat popular, so if you have it I'd try that instead.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Trill wrote:
I've always felt sythe was a bit high int, and not suitable for the position it leaves mosts bots in if it doesnt knockback enough or you miss. Jumper Halberd Crescent Saint is apparently somewhat popular, so if you have it I'd try that instead.
so more of a reason to roll summer gara then. HAHAHAHA! that gara just keeps getting better and better! I just hope I don't get trolled by the gara when it gives me like, gold and silvers only when I really want the weapons.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Never tried Ominous Scythe on its own yet, you could do like Crimrose AM2 > Scythe to both close distance, lower interval, and get that delicious +50% damage bonus for comboing subweapons. It's a little awkward though since Crim AM2 doesn't change distance based on lockon, so you might overshoot until you get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Suguri wrote:
Never tried Ominous Scythe on its own yet, you could do like Crimrose AM2 > Scythe to both close distance, lower interval, and get that delicious +50% damage bonus for comboing subweapons. It's a little awkward though since Crim AM2 doesn't change distance based on lockon, so you might overshoot until you get the hang of it.
Oh right, I totally forgot the very idea that made melee much more damaging. Reminds me of a time when I was back attacked by a ZSG while playing Lios and I was dealt 222 damage in one shot O_o (It was either one shot, or it was lag that accumulated damage, I don't know, but i saw the numbers 222 appear when I got hit)

Anyways, aside from that point, does that strategy actually lower the int and usability of ominous scythe? And more so, should I replace one of my BS slots so that I am able to get a main weapon for attacking things like melee lands? (aka, suzeku BS?) Maybe I shouldnt and just steer clear away from lands and just have a niche in fighting both air and arts.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Trill wrote:

Jumper Halberd has really high int(2300 compare to scythe's 800);__;The good thing is it keeps u stay on air after hitting the target.

I used shock claw(kata am) together with scythe for that reason to.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm

tggt wrote:
Trill wrote:

Jumper Halberd has really high int(2300 compare to scythe's 800);__;The good thing is it keeps u stay on air after hitting the target.

I used shock claw(kata am) together with scythe for that reason to.

Yea, but with 3x g.grap it hits for a crapton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crescent Saint: How To Improve?   Crescent Saint: How To Improve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crescent Saint: How To Improve?
Page 1 of 1