Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crescent Pale Mist

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 pm

xynk's Soul Saber 2 video led me to this; so to avoid derailing, I just decided to make another thread.

The game reminds me of Touhou a whole lot, but its sidescrolling and supposedly has RPG elements.

Crescent Pale Mist is a semi-famous gothic-style doujin game noted for its action, great soundtrack, and quality visuals. There were several videos for this game, but there weren't many with good quality to my disappointment, so here one is. I don't quite know much about the game's backstory since I've watched some other videos but haven't played much myself, but you apparently play as some woman named Yunou (ユノウ) who goes around eradicating demons. The game is noted for its difficulty, but it's not so hard once you learn Yunou's basic abilities. I didn't do too badly I guess since this is like my third time playing the game period.

You can slash, teleport, deflect attacks, and of course, shoot projectiles... this game is equal parts hack n slash and bullet-hell shooter, but it has some RPG elements too. This is the first stage, though it's not much of a level. It acts as the game's prologue. Enjoy.

[copypasta'd from the video's description]
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Dunno why but, it reminds me of "The Acceleration of Suguri X"
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 pm

This is the english patch for it. This video shows the first half of the level.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:13 am

Now that I think about it, we should just make 1 thread a doujin game general #em3

Not sure what admins think about that.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:27 am

Lol i saw this game too, "related videos" so powerful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crescent Pale Mist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Pale Mist   Crescent Pale Mist Empty

Back to top Go down

Crescent Pale Mist
Page 1 of 1