Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

War Slasher

Go down 
+4
Zwiebel Force
Stickboy
Suguri
Akhenderson
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:38 am

I've been debating what to get for my Crescent Saint in order to be a little more competitive in the arena. So far, most melee weapons I have do not seem to be very optimal choices.

So I figured, "what about a war slasher?"
I don't know if war slasher is better or worse than the air slasher so I would like to know some feedback around that weapon considering it looks easier to get than air slasher.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:44 am

I've never used it and it probably isn't really that good, but honestly I got an adrenaline rush just watching it the first time I saw one. It combos so fast and there's so many hit sounds, it just feels threatening.

Do note though that it does blast damage, not melee. So it's geared for air-to-air rather than air-to-ground. Also keep in mind that it means you can take a lot of self-damage from it at point-blank ranges too; probably up to 9 per swing on a 40 str air.

If you want an actually melee-damage melee weapon, Ominous Scythe in the same gara's not a bad option. Since it inflicts Waste Booster it still functions for air-to-air, and the combination of extremely high melee damage and Waste Booster completely destroys arts.

Given that War Slasher might theoretically be the strongest blast weapon airs can use though, I wouldn't want to discourage you from trying it if it interests you.
--------------------
Of course, if you aren't set on the melee route, Crescent Saint has the most capa of any M-air and can be made to fit plenty of different gunner roles too, as well as pulling off some builds other cores wouldn't normally have the capacity for.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:54 am

Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:59 am

From my own experience War Slashers tracking ability is worse than Air Slashers. Then again I only use these on LNDs nowadays (my Seraph suicided a few times v,v").

+1 for Omnious Scythe it's just moe.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:58 pm

In my memory war slasher's tracking is pretty decent, and the land/air combos are virtually no different.

I haven't thought of a bot to use this weapon, but I have a very strong urge to slow tune this guy considering just how fast it combos.
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Senior Grey here!

I am currently using this weapon on Lios and Renny Lop Acro.
I've been experimenting 3 hit weapons that will chain into Lios and Acro's final attack.

The weapon is quite good, it's perhaps one of the best handheld shockwave type weapon available. Its speed allows it to stunlock an opponent for the whole combo which allows it to link into another combo or finisher with ease; in my case, Lios' rising slash and Acro's final kick.
Sometimes I won't be close enough to connect Acro's kick, but I don't mind. It has quick recovery time.

I don't like using this weapon by itself since it doesn't knock back unless I've hit my targets enough times. So I suggest using something that will compliment the weapon's speed for general uses, especially on the ground if you do decide to use the weapon.
It's fine by itself in air vs air scenarios, so you can ignore a secondary melee weapon and just pack a good gun if you don't plan on hacking away at fencers.

My Lios is stuck at 29 STR and I'm debating whether or not to go High Power or High Power Alpha and thus reducing my tec to 0-. Anyways, he hits himself for about 1-3 points of damage per shockwave.

[edit]
Compared to Air slasher, this weapon is by far much faster. I just couldn't get in the mood using Air Slasher, its speed just makes me shudder. Plus, Air slasher is quite costly compared to war slasher.
Air slasher has a longer ranged shockwave if that means anything.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:23 pm

With war slayer; most of the damage is in the shots
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:36 pm

So really, it's a matter of preference.
I have a feeling I'd like either Ominous Scythe or War Slasher. Considering the rates of the garapon, I'd have a feeling I'd at least roll one, the other, or both.

EDIT: The gara trolled me at first, but was awesome afterwards.
The game trolled me at first, giving me 3 bronzes ALL CONTAINING MAGNET GUNS.
But then proceeded to give me both ominous scythe and war slasher, along with suzeku, aero rider AND teranoshin.

EDIT V.2.0!: Tried out both weapons once, and I have to say, both weapons are awesome, but I think I'll go a little with the War Slasher only because the combo speed is incredible along with the capability of destroying airs. The range on the shock waves are a nice touch. As well. The reason why I didn't like Ominous Scythe so much was because of the speed that it reloads back. I think I should use it mostly to cripple other airs and then proceed to shoot them with a gun or something. It's got really nice range so I still love it. I do not regret rolling for these weapons.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

I used to use an Air Slasher on my Ion, just for the looks. She's been capable of attacking targets in the middle of a Short Boost, even if they were almost behind her. Ths doesn't work with War Slasher, I'mma keep it on her though, because of the even cuter looks. #em3

I'd really try the Omnious scythe.

Also: gib dat Tera D=
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Well, I've been having quite a bit of difficulty actually landing it now that I've tried to use the war slasher. Maybe I need to tune the thing with something like high gladiator to make it extremely better?
Who knows...

Now I'm thinking of actually trying to get a pump gun now to compliment the sword.
Crescent Saint has the capacity for it so why not?
(Though how I'll manage to get one of those things, I don't know... I'll need to spend even more money, but that would require me to spend money to pay on a new computer...)

Spoiler:
Surprisingly enough, the only parts I actually need in there are the pump gun, the weapon tunes and a tentrion am with 2 high boost alphas.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

If you have a Katalina, I can just say that Katalina + Ominous Sythe is pretty insanegay good.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Trill wrote:
If you have a Katalina, I can just say that Katalina + Ominous Sythe is pretty insanegay good.

Why would you want to melee with Kata? Why would you want to use the same stat effect on two different weapons? Imo that's just a waste of Capacity.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:46 pm

>Never said to use it on katalina

I guess I forgot to put Katalina AM.

Sure, the debuffs over-ride, but, the main goal here is with both kata am's, you slash once, spin with sythe (draining their boost significantly), then hitting with the other arm to put you back up and to leave them with shock.

I used it on a Seraph with 2x EIW with a lot of sucess. The sythe can knockback a bit, so it makes it good for crowd-diving. Jump into the center of the group with kata, slash them with the sythe, then boost back up with kata am to repeat. Also note how that since it finishes with Kata AM, the int for the next combo is shorter than if you ended it with Ominous Sythe.
Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:16 am

Going to add on something I forgot about~

War slasher is quick and fast, but the stuns are short. It's easy to WB dodge in between slashes as well as move a little bit, especially when flying. This makes it a little harder to stunlock airs, and the chance of them falling from a single hit is quite small.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:31 am

One more thing that people might overlook with it:

The projectile and the explosion, like with any other blast-type weapon, are two separate hits. You have 4 + 6 + 6 hits in your full (fast) combo. On the last two slashes you're literally getting six chances to proc slow in a single swing.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:39 am

Suguri wrote:
One more thing that people might overlook with it:

The projectile and the explosion, like with any other blast-type weapon, are two separate hits. You have 4 + 6 + 6 hits in your full (fast) combo. On the last two slashes you're literally getting six chances to proc slow in a single swing.

Exacto, been workin with this thing and trying to build it with a good core. Herr legs are costly but the kick combos with the sword. Slash, slash, slash, kick up (stun, and bringing you up in to the air), then slash, slash, slash( bringing you down again). Me too poor for something that will combo better QWQ
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:03 am

Suguri wrote:
Do note though that it does blast damage, not melee.
Oops, turns out I was wrong here too actually...somewhat. It's 30% melee damage 70% blast damage, so arts and airs both take extra damage from it.

All str-based.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:07 am

Suguri wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Oops, turns out I was wrong here too actually...somewhat. It's 30% melee damage 70% blast damage, so arts and airs both take extra damage from it.

All str-based.

How2Calculate that Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:13 am

LS3 wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Suguri wrote:

All str-based.

How2Calculate that Embarassed
Normally I'd say "damage on lnd vs art vs air" or "look at the damage when the explosion hits but the projectile doesn't", but in this case the scoreboard makes it blatantly obvious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War Slasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: War Slasher   War Slasher Empty

Back to top Go down

War Slasher
Page 1 of 1