Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade

Go down 
+3
Suguri
Zwiebel Force
Akhenderson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade Empty
PostSubject: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm

So after I tuned my legs with Great Capacity and 2 Crimson Veil tunes, I need just one more weapon tune and then I'll be officially done with tuning Lios!

Now the problem becomes this: What do I tune it with?
I already have 2 slow tunes on it, so now I am stuck with choices.
I could remove some strength unes on Lios in order to create enough capacity for high gladiator. This in turn will allow him to get a longer lasting aura gauge due to a little more balanced variety between tech and strength.

Another option would be to add another slow tune in order to further increase the chances of activating slow. Although cheaper than High Gladiator, 2 slow tunes is already enough to slow characters down at a fairly consistent level.

The last option would be to upgrade the main weapon part of the sword, mainly the cheapest options, Great Rapid Beta or Force. Great Rapid Beta will allow me to hit more consistently, or force is cheaper, but only lets it hit higher by a slight amount.

I'm more leaning towards getting the Great Rapid Beta only because I wouldn't have to use any cosmos regrets and it doesn't cost as much. Plus, it helps with my ranged attacking which compliments my assaults when closing the gap for melee, or finishing off a running foe.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:41 pm

The blasters ammo ain't that great, especially if you use it in AURA mode. I'd either go for a force tune. If you do have the capa left, throw in some TEC to make the AURA last longer <3
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 8:52 pm

x1 h.glad won't do much, x3 slow's probably not necessary. Given how many times the main weapon hits at once I'd probably opt for Force, or depending on how much you use main weapon vs subweapon a Grappler tune to beef up the melee a bit more.

G.Rapid's not a horrible option either, but when you're already mainly playing toward the melee aspect I don't think a 20 cost tune for a main weapon is really worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:01 pm

Oh yes, I suppose it would help if I actually posted my build as well:
Spoiler:

Now there lies the predicament as well. Considering I already lowered my tec down just a bit, I'm opted to go more of a melee role rather than mixed. I could, however, remove the strength tunes from the head, and then place High Tec tunes on as well while recovering some of the melee damage through a Grappler tune.

Taking your ideas, I might try to add in the force tune simply because it'll let my bullets hits just a bit harder, but a grappler tune might not be a bad idea either.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:13 pm

With that cart setup, it's fine to either go force or high gladiator depending on your style.

The lack of a mobility cart is worrying imo.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Stealth System why.

Drop it, drop the slows (while I feel liike Lios in aura has enoug hits to do this, generally speaking, he can stunlock so hard with gladiator tunes it's not needed IMO), and try and do 2-3x High Gladiator.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Trill wrote:
Stealth System why.

Drop it, drop the slows (while I feel liike Lios in aura has enoug hits to do this, generally speaking, he can stunlock so hard with gladiator tunes it's not needed IMO), and try and do 2-3x High Gladiator.
Stealth System was there before all the zero stuff broke out. I felt it was nice considering some bots don't have broad radar, namely Seraphs, Amateus and other popular bots that for some reason don't get broad radar or just don't feel like running it. The general overabundance of seraph is enough to make Stealth System fairly usable, even in this meta. It is a fairly situational cartridge, as only a handful of things do not have broad radar, but I still like it for filling specific niches.

The x2 slow is a bit cost more efficient than 2 High Gladiator tunes, but i've never tried the high glad tunes to be honest. I like slow because if you can get the debuff on them, they won't be able to to fight back when the opponent reinforcements arrive. This in turn increases my survivability, and allows me to support my team in various ways such as crippling air units heavily. I do get why you would run high gladiator, but since I haven't seen much of it in the first place, it's really hard for me to just sacrifice my tunes that I already placed on it, and replace it with something I may not like.

As the game goes on, I'll keep trying my current set, and if I feel stealth system just stopped being useful, I'll spend my star coins on a level up reset, giving him a mobility cart (probably short boost) and use the extra capacity from there.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm

As good as h.glad is, barely anyone in CBEN tunes Clearance (while JP has it on pretty much every LND they didn't put CV on). That's part of the reason they opt for h.glad, since Slow just becomes (in this case) 60 cost in dead weight against something with clearance procced. The other part of the reason being that Lios's chasing ability is insane with h.glad.

Slow's fine here though since barely anyone's going to be resisting it.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:16 am

^I did clearance tunes on atleast 3 of my [locked] bot
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySun May 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Nymph~ wrote:
^I did clearance tunes on atleast 3 of my [locked] bot
Suguri wrote:
barely anyone
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:18 pm

If slow tunes are going to be kept, and you want to have a more versatile setup I'd suggest G.Rapid Beta on the last slot. This let's you land a bit more hits and makes it more reliable as a main weapon. Increased hitting ability has other uses too, such as for popping Resha barriers with ease.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Tune burn
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm

If I'm going for versatility with the maximum time in AURA spent, I might try this set up:
Spoiler:

This does mean I'm going to have to try a minimum of 5 tunes to get it to the finished product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade   Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade Empty

Back to top Go down

Just One More Tune: Lios's Blade
Page 1 of 1