Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Second Gun or Blade?

Go down 
+10
tehprognoob
Shai
burleston
Zwiebel Force
Trill
Fireflywater
Raven
dbzfan922
Mew
Axanael
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

Second Gun or Blade? Empty
PostSubject: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:58 pm

So yes, I just started recently, and the thing I cannot decide on is whether I need two magnums or one magnum and one blade. I'm using small artillery type.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge XD
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 pm

I'll take two magnums on an ART any day.
Back to top Go down
dbzfan922
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
dbzfan922

Male Posts : 1965

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:00 am

I use two handy bazookas
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 am

My ART's only level one, and I opted for the dash modifier, the one that makes you hover when you double 'w' instead of run, so my weapon choices are quite limited T_T
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:03 am

It'd probably help if you told us the bot.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am

Well it's an S ART, probably free or low UC due to weapon choices, and gets level 1 float dash.
Therefore, it's HD Lily.
Out of those options, I'd go with dual magnum.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 am

Yeah, that's the one. I forgot the name XD
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:09 am

Well, double magnums probably aren't the most optimal choices, but for starting out I'm sure it's fine. Once you rank up more you can pick up more suitable items from bazaar and UC Garapons, such as Handy Bazooka or something.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 am

Definitely not a blade, unless you pick up a cutter, etc, etc, for extra WLk or such.

And what Trill said in his spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:39 am

What is this Bazaar? I just buy stuff from the shop...

I also don't plan on using the tickets and rare cubes until I actually need them XD
Don't want to waste extra xp already.
Back to top Go down
burleston
Newcomer
Newcomer
burleston

Male Posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:49 am

you should be using cubes whenever you get them
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 am

Bazaar events are held every now and then. All player with a Hero Rank of 12 or higher may participate. During these events (which usually last 24 hours) you can open a shop and sell UC items. Items purchasable via Rt and a few very rare UC items (in example the Seraph Promotion FC) may not be traded.

About the cubes: just open them right away. They're completely random. The [Hu]Lucky Cube contains a lot a crap, but some lucky persons get super autoplayish Gachapon prices (make sure not to spam them/brag about your high score with them). It is highly recommanded to create new accounts until the [Hu]Lucky Cube gave you something good.

It's not a bad idea to be stingy with the tickets, the basic idea behind them is this though: with a rank below 12 you can participate in special beginner rooms. These reward you with more UC and I believe EXP and items, than normal rooms do. With the Beginner Support pass and the 3xALL Alpha ticket you can gan arround 20k UC in a few matches. I'd use the support beginner pass and save the 3xAll Ticket for later when you get the hang of Boss runs or something lik this. Oh and defintely save the EXP gain items. With the beginnr bonus you'll get more than enough exp actually <3
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:01 am

I'm always short on exp but never on UC. I always seem to have a lot of UC for some reason. I have 10k atm, but all the items I can buy I can't use...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:12 am

Solo_Ace wrote:
I'm always short on exp but never on UC. I always seem to have a lot of UC for some reason. I have 10k atm, but all the items I can buy I can't use...
An easy way to get good amounts of EXP onto one bot would be to use your Support beginner pass, EXP tickets (like 2x exp), and Beginner scarf all together. (that could be like... 6x exp?).

If not, you could learn how to do the quest "Demon Fox Haku", and run that with some people... or they could carry you.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 2:39 am

Only level up one bot at a time. If the bot's EXP is 100/100 (=full) it won't get any additional EXP until you go to the level-up screen and confirm the customization. As long as you keep two bots unleveled, the third one will gain all the EXP you've earned.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Only level up one bot at a time. If the bot's EXP is 100/100 (=full) it won't get any additional EXP until you go to the level-up screen and confirm the customization. As long as you keep two bots unleveled, the third one will gain all the EXP you've earned.

Wait.. so if my 2nd and 3rd bot are Full, my 1st one gets all the exp? *didn't know that* o . o
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:29 am

Never use UC shop melee unless your name is Milez

I would junk and get Short Boost if that BD has it

In fact which core is it?

And never put melee on an ART. Period. Get a handy bazooka or a structure breaker and a buckler and call it a day
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 pm

tehprognoob wrote:

And never put melee on an ART. Period. Get a handy bazooka or a structure breaker and a buckler and call it a day

yeah, you would do that, good thing for you. maybe keep it for you and dont make it sound like some absolute fact that everyone should follow.

if your brain cannot grasp the use of specific melee weapons or FLOATDASH on arts than dont fucking talk about. period.
Back to top Go down
burgerbob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 pm

i just did a mission with this guy and i don't think him having a melee on his lily would be detrimental at all. he had a survival knife on his lily and he looked like he really knew what he was doing. i normally wouldn't advise using melee on arts but if you feel like you can counter people that get close using it then do it. just be aware that once you hit normal arena rooms uc melee gets a lot harder. if you want advice on the various forms available i'll just list it here;

Swords: main damage dealing subweapon, mildly defensive as the last hit knocks enemies away. most weapons in this series are usable by ARTs
Hammers: purely defensive, single hit with a lot of damage. all the hammer type weapons can be used by ARTs.
Rapier: difficult to use multi-hit melee. if you can land the second hit with it then it can potentially do a lot of damage. mostly used by AIRs and SUPs. very difficult to use.
Cutters: Cheap, enhances mobility, and requires a lot of positioning to use. They can be pretty useful in the right hands. You seem to already know how to use these quite well and I was pretty impressed watching you.
Axes: Designed for hit and run. If you use these while you are running you will spin with it while continuing to move at the speed you were moving at. Requires speed to be useful.

The halberd is okay for self defense but it has a lot of upswing (the time it takes to actually swing the weapon) so you need to plan in advance if you want to use it. Hammers also have a lot of upswing so you should use the weapon before they get in range so they run into the hammer.

Spear and Lance both have the same issue as the Rapier series. I personally don't advise spear and lance and they're very difficult to hit with.

The throwing weapons are decent, they hit relatively often but I don't really advise them much. You can still use them fine though. Throwing weapons include Throwing Axe and Saucer.

There's a lot of rt weapons in the shop, but you will want to ask someone before you do so as they're pretty lackluster. Also check what types can use weapons before you buy them so you don't spend money on something you can't use.

As for a gun, I would probably go with a handy bazooka. It's got nice damage, it's cheap both in UC and in cost, and it's easy to use. You will need to learn to lead with it though, but I have faith you can learn those skills easily.

The main thing about uc shop melee is you need to be directly facing your opponent before you use it. Wait until your character is looking directly at an enemy before you attempt to swing. You can get away with tracking on a few shop weapons, mainly the sword series, but you're better off learning this skill as it is universal for all melee in the game.
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:57 pm

tehprognoob wrote:

>never use UC shop melee

Just gonna disregard the rest of your post right there since im calling bullshit.
Back to top Go down
burgerbob
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 pm

people generally disregard uc melee since it takes a lot of doing to make it work. if you have a heavy jag hd though then shop melee's p. fucking godtier.

the main issue with shop melee is closing the distance once the combo ends.
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

burgerbob wrote:

Axes: Designed for hit and run. If you use these while you are running you will spin with it while continuing to move at the speed you were moving at. Requires speed to be useful.

I would reccomend using Accel Saber with axes, his wheel melee works well with the Axes hit and run style.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:43 pm

not helping OP; let's keep this argument separate:

EDIT: Tried handaxes. Fun spinning around, when there isn't an Ivis, a Dracken, an Axer and a few AGs over the entire map

Topic:

Lily Rain, someone said?

Would someone kill me if I suggested the old dual handies floatdash alpha?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:12 am

suggesting the old dual handy FLAOTDASH alpha would make you look like a total retard since YOU allready said YOU would junk it to recard to SHORTBOOST

to explain why i am writing against your stupid way of posting:
you do not seem to comprehend that these are the guide and help forums, hence you do not comprehend just what the fuck you are causing by making "A light passing remark upon this subject." because of the forum you post in you are indeed "yelling into his ear for him to change to hop."

you should at the very least understand THAT much before going around spouting nonsense
Back to top Go down
bligh
Newcomer
Newcomer
bligh

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:44 am

chill the fuck out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Gun or Blade?   Second Gun or Blade? Empty

Back to top Go down

Second Gun or Blade?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next