Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun

Go down 
+4
Aurum_Sol
blead
Trill
jaktree
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jaktree

Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun Empty
PostSubject: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:24 am

I search about a boostrun chart then want to know..

many people use a red-tier boostrun ..

why don't use violet tier?

how much speed that different for this

If i play Aila/ouka hit and run style do you think red-tier is enough for Run to enemy hit them and fallback.?
?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:31 am

Coming from a person who's tried violet-teir, I can safely say it's not worth it. The amount of Str you're forced to sacrifice to fit in that much mobility means even if you can get there a bit faster than red-teir, you'll spend twice as long actually killing them.
Back to top Go down
jaktree

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:41 am

About escape from enemy .

is it worth?
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:51 am

Red is fast, arguably enough.
Violet is just too fast.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:52 am

bots that chose violet tier usually do so for a simple reason: to be faster than red tier

thats it. why you want to be faster than the rest on some bots is something you need to think for yourself
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 6:31 am

@Aurum 1000 posts, yo, congrats.

@topic agreeing with others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:07 am

jaktree wrote:
About escape from enemy .

is it worth?
No, I've tried it, tested it and found that the violet tier boost run was not even a tiny bit noticeably faster than red tier. The difference between red tier and violet tier is so small that it doesn't even matter that much.

Save your cost and pump more STR.

Here's the things you should be able to do with Ouka

The stats should be the following

- At least 30STR, red tier boost run, and 16TGH
- I use 36STR, red tier boost run and 12TGH because I like that extra STR to get me more damage more than the extra 4TGH, this is my personal preference.
- If you decide to get crimson veil, ignore this stat nonsense and ask Trill. Ouka is his waifu.

Cartridges should be

- All capacity carts
- Short Boost
- Stun Regain
- Boost Run
- Stealth System

- I use sway (despite people saying it's not worth it anymore in this current meta) because it keeps me close to my target and I can kill them much more easily where as short boost makes it easier to run away but it also moves you far enough away from your target that it can escape. This is my own personal preference, so you probably won't want to follow this but it's nice to keep in mind what you can do with Ouka.

Tunes on the sword are

- 3x Slow
- My personal preference is 2x slow + 1x great grappler, just so I have some extra damage and kill things more quickly and efficiently through stunlock and damage, the 2x slow is there as a nice sweet bonus. Won't inflict slow as much but it still gets inflicted enough.

When in the arena the majority of your targets should be

- Fat Artilleries
- Noobs and no name randoms
- Supports and chibis (yes, chibis are cute but you can't show no mercy to the enemy)
- Healing Medic clusters (Hit and Run, don't stay there for more than 3 seconds)

And things you should watch out for are

- Alphastrikers
- Mobile Artilleries
- AIRs
- Other melee bots
- Resha
- Anything that can stunlock you, slow you, and kill you in one go.

During battle you can do the following to survive

- Hide behind obstacles that block enemy fire
- Use Fire Pillars as a smokescreen/grenade so you can run away
- Get to medics who are willing to heal you and are in a proper position to heal people (horrible medics get the entire team killed)
- Killing enemies inside the majority of your team's covering fire
- Using the Ouraikiri for a quick landing after jumping off a cliff (quick escape method)
- When getting pursued by AIRs, run inside a Cave or Tunnel! Cave and Tunnels are your best friend.

If in anyway some or all of the above is wrong, please correct me or simply get Trill to help you.

Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:04 pm

LXE wrote:
(yes, chibis are cute but you can't show no mercy to the enemy)
you should be doing this in the first place. using a chibi is a death sentence.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:52 pm

LXE wrote:
No, I've tried it, tested it and found that the violet tier boost run was not even a tiny bit noticeably faster than red tier. The difference between red tier and violet tier is so small that it doesn't even matter that much.

and here i am saying that the difference between orange and red tier is just about the same. so why would anyone go for red tier boostrun?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
LXE wrote:

and here i am saying that the difference between orange and red tier is just about the same. so why would anyone go for red tier boostrun?
Eh, I think red's worth it if you can fit it.

I'm assuming you're saying more like "why go for red if you have to sacrifice str for it?" though, which I'd agree with. Orange is plenty.
Back to top Go down
<Fenrir>
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
<Fenrir>

Male Posts : 171

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Suguri wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
LXE wrote:

Eh, I think red's worth it if you can fit it.

I'm assuming you're saying more like "why go for red if you have to sacrifice str for it?" though, which I'd agree with. Orange is plenty.

Boost Run speed breakpoints please?

Not the WLK/FLY breakpoints needed to get certain boost run breakpoints, SPEED breakpoints. (As in, differences between each tier)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:08 pm

@ sugu

nah, i was going to write about cost:return ratio next, the intention behind my statement was to make people realize that the only reaspm for high tier boostrun is to outrun a specific enemy - either in an offensve or defensive manner.

i planned to make them realize this with the prime example ouka: it cannot go toe to toe with newer melees anymore without taking a major risk, but it does have the capacity to go up to violet tier boostrun without becomming an ineffective fighter and the nature of speed is simple: it doesnt matter how much faster you are, if you are faster, you wont get caught

"two wanderers in the jungle encounter a bear. the bear attacks them immedeatly and they start running. realizing the bear is catching up to them the one wanderer slips into his running shoes. the other wanderer says: `even with those shoes you wont outrun the bear` the other one answers: `i only need to outrun you`"

well, despite that old joke having major logical flaws, it also gives another good use for higher movement speeds: you can get rid of chasers by deploying meatshields running past your allies (and being faster than them)

anyways: the only bot i would consider using violet tier boostrun speed right now is ouka for her weaponry and aviable capacity.
i agree with orange tier boostrun being most suited for most boostrunners right now, red tier is allready an expensive thing cost wise for what it does and most bots dont need to outrun other bots that reach equal movement speed anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun   Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun Empty

Back to top Go down

Red-tier VS Violet-tier boostrun
Page 1 of 1