Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A noob question......

Go down 
+8
fggt
Suguri
Nymph~
Trill
Malphes
MagicPotatoplz
Hyoka
HKLow
12 posters
AuthorMessage
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

A noob question...... Empty
PostSubject: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:14 pm

This few days I have saw 2 video in Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_ZbkfW1sg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCt8gQkxQY

I haven't try tune this... so I guess I need some help from pros players.
I have read this from ngelicdark's guide:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t3961-general-cosmic-break-an-extensive-compilation-guide-updated-9-25-11-finalized
Quote :
E. Stun Regain: Restores a little health when stunned (Percentage of hp restored is a % of the damage that hit you).

This is much more useful for big, bulky, armored land type bots than any other bot I can think of. The HP gain is small, and most bots can’t afford to be stunned multiple times without exploding. This is especially useful for bots with very high TGH; having stun regain with 40 TGH can cause Winberrl to actually heal you instead of damaging you because of the HP regain.

It also stacks with Crimson Veil (yes, the revenge tune).

Stun Regain for AIRS is also helpful, as every blast type weapon in the game is guaranteed to stun you upon hit (the bigger hitting things anyway). As such, it does extend your life by quite a bit.

Here is my question:
1. If my robot have "Stun Regain " level cartridge , should I tune "Crimson Veil"?

2. Should my robot have 40TGH for doing this??

3. Watch in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_ZbkfW1sg
TurntechStrider said his TGH is 16. Is this really work?????

4. Should I let my robot learn "Tough Runner" level cartridge?

5. What happen if my TGH is very low (lower than 10). Is that I still can able recover??

And also here is my another question about Soul Eater.
Quote :
D. Soul Eater: Restores a small amount of HP whenever you destroy a robot in arena.

From what I’ve heard, the HP gain for soul eater is not very high; about 5% of your hp total. It is also very likely you would not be able to gain enough frags on a regular basis to make it worth your while. You’re better off hunting for the field medic or trees for repair kits if you need the health.
I want to build a robot which can able keep recovering in Unexplored Planet Arcantus.
Before doing this on my Aquila , I have test it on Nicole Malice (Because she can able learn it in Lv1).
Soul Eater , equip with Beam Gun x2 and killing on Training map and Arcantus... doesn't work o_O!??
(I have let my Nicole Malice get some damage , and killing some robot. But still doesn't recover....)

Any pro player can able answer for me?? Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Don't try things you don't know the mechanics behind.

STUN regain works when you're STUNNED... Those attacks on the bots were from weapons that have a 100% stun rate. (There are many like this)
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:38 pm

HKLow wrote:
And also here is my another question about Soul Eater.
Quote :
D. Soul Eater: Restores a small amount of HP whenever you destroy a robot in arena.

From what I’ve heard, the HP gain for soul eater is not very high; about 5% of your hp total. It is also very likely you would not be able to gain enough frags on a regular basis to make it worth your while. You’re better off hunting for the field medic or trees for repair kits if you need the health.
I want to build a robot which can able keep recovering in Unexplored Planet Arcantus.
Before doing this on my Aquila , I have test it on Nicole Malice (Because she can able learn it in Lv1).
Soul Eater , equip with Beam Gun x2 and killing on Training map and Arcantus... doesn't work o_O!??
(I have let my Nicole Malice get some damage , and killing some robot. But still doesn't recover....)

Notice the description of Soul Eater: Restores a small amount of HP whenever you destroy a robot in arena.
You only regain a bit if HP if you kill another player in Arena. Killing enemies in Arcantus doesn't heal you. And I don't know how much it heals, either.

Anyway, as for Stun Regain:

Noirel wrote:
Stun Regain Chart

The Numbers mean how much hp you recover.
Dem breakpoints
Spoiler:
reVelske wrote:
Soft Stun - flinch, caused by most weapons after dealing certain amount of damage. Alba missiles are particularly good at soft stunning in quick succession.

Hard Stun - Spin and temporary booster cut, caused from most missiles, bazookas and medium strength melee, also common on Paralyze-tuned weapons of low/medium Force.

Rotation Stun - Double spin and kills flight, caused by high powered melees and other attack with high stun properties (LL Blast Baz), also common on Paralyze-tuned weapon of high Force (Bazookas).

And the HP healed is fixed AFAIK.

Hurricane Blow counts as a Rotation Stun, not sure with Fire Pillar, probably soft.

You regain more HP with higher TGH. Crimson Veil is recommended as well because you can heal from attacks that WOULD stun you, but since you have CVeil, they don't. So yes, a bot with 10 TGH would still heal, just not as much as one with higher TGH.
Also, I don't know how Tough Runner affects it, so I'll wait for someone else to answer that.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:13 pm

Tough Runner makes it so that more effort is required to stun you while you are running.

It doesn't have anything to do with this since revenge cveil makes it invalid
Back to top Go down
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:51 pm

@Hyoka
Thanks!!

@MagicPotatoplz
Thank you very very much!!! Very Happy

Umm.. I have another noob qustion again....
Should I just tune 1 slot "Crimson Veil"? Or need tune 3 slots "Crimson Veil"?
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySat May 05, 2012 11:56 pm

one cveil tune will almost never proc
Back to top Go down
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:06 am

Malphes wrote:
one cveil tune will almost never proc
What is proc???
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:08 am

proc = activate
Back to top Go down
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:10 am

So Malphes means "one cveil tune will almost never activate" ??
And I should tune 3 slots cveil??
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:11 am

If you want it to reliably activate, 2-3 is preferred. But if you have the capacity and only want is as an occasional life-saver, 1x should be okay.

Note that C.Veil tunes are very hard to do material-wise, so be prepared to fork out some mats and time to do them.
Back to top Go down
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:16 am

@Trill
Ok , thanks!!
I have 4 slot protector and wait to collect more material.
Thanks a lots of help!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

Forgot another question:
What robot you have tune "Crimson Veil" ?
(Yup , I know the "Stun Regain" cartridge on which one robot. Just curious on other pro players... =P)
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:11 am

You usually tune Crimson Veil on melee bots.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:56 am

I tune CV on my breaker
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:08 am

I usually put it on airs or hoppers.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:40 am

None of my bots hav CV...not rite-click enuff
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:27 am

Got two on Nomad. ._.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:12 am

i haven't even done a revenge tune yet.

i probably should.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:02 am

HKLow wrote:
@Trill
Ok , thanks!!
I have 4 slot protector and wait to collect more material.
Thanks a lots of help!!!
Thanks everyone!!!

Forgot another question:
What robot you have tune "Crimson Veil" ?
(Yup , I know the "Stun Regain" cartridge on which one robot. Just curious on other pro players... =P)

Crimson Veil is usually tuned on robots who are relying on high mobility and/or can't avoid face to face combat. It's also used on AIR types sometimes, because the effect will prevent them from being stunned in flight, which would cause them to stop flying and lose a lot of altitude.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Malphes wrote:
i haven't even done a revenge tune yet.

i probably should.

This.

You generally want Cveil on melees or bots that are suppose to press forward to distract/attempt to gain a field advantage/kill dem pesky ARTs.

Still need enough mats to tune Cveil on my Su-chan.
Back to top Go down
HKLow
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks everyone!! Now I just need more material =D
A noob question...... Thank-you-Gif-Animation-Arigato-Gif-Animation-Domo-Arigato-Kawaii-Blog
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Moved.
General -> Gameplay Questions/Discussions

Even it's already too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A noob question......   A noob question...... Empty

Back to top Go down

A noob question......
Page 1 of 1