Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

@Suguri wrote:
@Mew wrote:
Seraph is just a generic AIR after you're done with wings. And, with like less than 10 FLY what else can you do?
Play defensively and shoot things.

I wish my ammo wasn't zero.

=(
Back to top Go down
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

To clarify something, All basic crimrose BD variant's can be promoted to seraph, Astro/Bloom Mariah cannot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm

@Mew wrote:
I wish my ammo wasn't zero.

=(
Cactuses are really cute you know. :3
Makes me want to hug them.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Fixed promo info
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:15 am

@tehprognoob wrote:
I wrote:

Not Derping:
When Wings activate, Seraph will fall. If you press the space bar wrong, you will drop to the ground and turn into free frag. Do not do this; learn to press space bar at the right time.
(There is also a technique for tackling into the air to keep yourself in flight. I always do this, melee tracking has never screwed me over, but be careful that it CAN make you nosedive and die in an embarrassing way)

Holding down space bar the whole time does not work. Hit space bar a half second or so after wings solidify.

Practice in the lobby.

Easier method: Use Seraph Tackle a half second after wings solidify. Back when I played Wings spammer, I always had trouble getting my flight going in midair because the spacebar method requires good timing, or you can press it too early(and get fked up by stuff being spammed at you, cuz you fail to engage boost) or too late(in which case you've already been stunned and are dead meat). With tackle, you can fly through stuff temporarily without getting burned for 50+ damage right off the bat.

If you can't do either, activate Wings before you fly towards the battle. You'll waste 3-5 seconds of time depending on how far you are from the central battleground, but it's better than trying to activate in midair, then derping because you can't get your boost engaged right away.

Tackle only nosedives when you're out of boost. Your tackle animation is also slower after the loop, so you're a much easier target. However, if you can nosedive tackle around some solid cover(a pillar or even something destructible), you'll be fine for the second or so that it will take you to recharge your boost.

I play(ed) a normal AIR Seraph with 30 TEC 31 FLY. I haven't really been around to experience the new metagame so idk how well this would perform now, but it used to do pretty well if played right. I used Mini Baz with High Rapid Beta and some other tunes, and WBG with Great Rapid Beta. Arms are typical Crimrose AM with TEC-centric tuning only. The LG I use is either difficult or impossible to obtain now(Mach Knight Ace LG), so use LazFlamme LG, like Sugu suggested. Same deal with a BS, although if you want you can use any LG whether or not it comes with a booster slot since Seraph already has a locked booster. The TEC n FLY comes at the expense of not improving TGH, so unless you're just that good at recovering, avoid getting shot because it will likely lead to your death.

@vekupo: Mach Knight Ace LG folds up while airborne, turning into...sort of a rectangular box underneath your bot(try it, you'll notice). The only time it re-constructs is if you're grounded(which you shouldn't be, unless you're Float Dashing or hophoping or whatever) or launching an AG-Missile. So you technically don't have an M-sized leg hitbox, but you can get hit when you're launching a missile. Being on the ground also makes you easier to hit, but imo the LG is worth it, especially if you Wing Spam since you can bomb those silly ARTs and LNDs that might still be hanging round this metagame, and usually take no return fire.

I took both EIW carts, you're welcome to drop one or both. Take Quick Boost, Stun Regain, all/all but one capacity, and probably Float Dash, unless you're either gonna always land in a safe spot or plan on staying airborne all day. Or as a useful complement to Wing Spam.

This is probably really, REALLY outdated, but it's not like you can't change it if it doesn't work out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Mach Knight LG are M-sized.
Put it on a seraph and you have a bigger hitbox.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

@FireKiller87 wrote:
@tehprognoob wrote:
I wrote:

Not Derping:
When Wings activate, Seraph will fall. If you press the space bar wrong, you will drop to the ground and turn into free frag. Do not do this; learn to press space bar at the right time.
(There is also a technique for tackling into the air to keep yourself in flight. I always do this, melee tracking has never screwed me over, but be careful that it CAN make you nosedive and die in an embarrassing way)

Holding down space bar the whole time does not work. Hit space bar a half second or so after wings solidify.

Practice in the lobby.

Easier method: Use Seraph Tackle a half second after wings solidify. Back when I played Wings spammer, I always had trouble getting my flight going in midair because the spacebar method requires good timing, or you can press it too early(and get fked up by stuff being spammed at you, cuz you fail to engage boost) or too late(in which case you've already been stunned and are dead meat). With tackle, you can fly through stuff temporarily without getting burned for 50+ damage right off the bat.

Which I did mention, but with the added fact that you can fuck up HARD.

Now, me, I do it every match, multiple times a match, I'm fine with it. Takes practice to get right; need to judge tackle melee tracking distance. Best for crossbow Seraphs with naturally higher altitude. Now, a Plasma Gun/dBMG Seraph would have to space bar because of how close they must get, unless you can turn 180 degrees really fast

@LXE if you REALLY want a homing BS wep, you don't exactly get a choice. Izuna Wisps are wayyy worse. Why you want to spam BS missiles on a seraph, I don't know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

@tehprognoob wrote:
@LXE if you REALLY want a homing BS wep, you don't exactly get a choice. Izuna Wisps are wayyy worse. Why you want to spam BS missiles on a seraph, I don't know
I never said that, I'm only pointing out the fact that one of the highest priorities in building bots is maintaining a smaller hitbox.

As for homing weapons, I do know as a matter of fact that shitty BS homing weapon spamming is what noobs do.

And FireKiller's information will always fail under scrutiny by more experienced players, in other words he has little knowledge of the game and rages at people who criticize him for giving blatantly useless information without actually understanding what people are trying to tell him.

Well I've seen his Seraph builds, they're all absolute garbage in my honest opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2802

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Just a tip: Try to not use wings in front of the whole enemy team. I (as someone who played art a lot) will wait for it. If I have hyper shot I will use it just to ruin your day. If I have a slayer bit I will get close to you and counterattack.

If you see your boost gauge depleting fall back and reactivate them in a safe place unless you really need to use it on the spot. Most seraphs have really low tgh and just a barrage and they will fall to the ground, and when that happens your wings won't be as useful as they were some seconds ago.

If you see a lot of bazookas, retreat and wait for a moment of confusion or a distraction. The same applies for a lot of railgunners.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Firekiller's point about tacking is just incomplete; I can do it with 99% surety that I won't LOL MELEE TRACK.

Now, if I was over the enemy team, then I know how to press my space bar, thank you very much
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Still get shot at ._.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm

LXE wrote:
@tehprognoob wrote:
I never said that, I'm only pointing out the fact that one of the highest priorities in building bots is maintaining a smaller hitbox.

As for homing weapons, I do know as a matter of fact that shitty BS homing weapon spamming is what noobs do.

And FireKiller's information will always fail under scrutiny by more experienced players, in other words he has little knowledge of the game and rages at people who criticize him for giving blatantly useless information without actually understanding what people are trying to tell him.

Well I've seen his Seraph builds, they're all absolute garbage in my honest opinion.
@FireKiller87 wrote:
This is probably really, REALLY outdated, but it's not like you can't change it if it doesn't work out

Oooh, ouch, quite a warm welcome back. I gotta admit, I was somewhat happier without seeing you try to knock me down every time I bothered to write something.

I'd not bother, but I'll find the time to screenshot the picture of Mach Knight ACE LG both on the ground and while airborne, just to prove you wrong, unless the mechanics changed, which I'd consider since it's been about three or four months since I logged in.

Also, I never said anything about LOL MELEE TRACK. You're welcome to pick apart what I said already. If you're talking about the nosedive thing, you're also welcome to test it out yourself when you're out of boost.

EDIT: What's even more ironic is that I don't even think either of you realized that the attached weapon is attached to a LG part, not a BS. Funny stuff when you're complaining about
LXE wrote:
shitty BS homing weapon spamming
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Spoiler:

Because it makes a difference WHERE the missile comes out of, while you're still clicking right mouse button with eyes closed?

The nosedive comes when you're too close to a hit-able object. Full boost or not, melee tracking will take you smack down, which is the main reason why it's dangerous.

BTW edited info on staying in air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 4:10 am

@FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:

@FireKiller87 wrote:
This is probably really, REALLY outdated, but it's not like you can't change it if it doesn't work out

Oooh, ouch, quite a warm welcome back. I gotta admit, I was somewhat happier without seeing you try to knock me down every time I bothered to write something.

I'd not bother, but I'll find the time to screenshot the picture of Mach Knight ACE LG both on the ground and while airborne, just to prove you wrong, unless the mechanics changed, which I'd consider since it's been about three or four months since I logged in.
The information you were giving was outdated before CosmicBreak even existed, honestly, A Seraph having a 99 seconds of over 40FLY speed flight time with high TEC and TGH, and a decent weapon with tunes doing lots of damage in a such a short period of time is more effective than a Seraph being used as just a plain normal AIR with 38FLY, somewhat high TEC and low TGH. You can be exceptional for 99 seconds, or you can be just plain average to completely useless for the entire match, your call.

The reason I knock you down is because you usually, if not always give the wrong advice which are based on your misconceptions, and give builds that are based on those misconceptions. I'm trying to tell you that you should stop what you are doing, and actually go around learn the correct way to build the bots and then come back. Stop arguing upfront, listen to what others have to say first before go denying their advice and defend your claims by labeling what others say as stupid.

Game Mechanics? Change? Dude if they change, they might as well make a new game. Game Mechanics never change unless there's a huge major flaw with it, but that's always fixed during the beta testing stages of the game. In official service the only changes are made are new content updates, balancing (never happens in CosmicBreak), removal of dysfunctional content such as OP elements (also never happens in CosmicBreak) etc.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:50 am

LXE wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:

@FireKiller87 wrote:

The information you were giving was outdated before CosmicBreak even existed, honestly, A Seraph having a 99 seconds of over 40FLY speed flight time with high TEC and TGH, and a decent weapon with tunes doing lots of damage in a such a short period of time is more effective than a Seraph being used as just a plain normal AIR with 38FLY, somewhat high TEC and low TGH. You can be exceptional for 99 seconds, or you can be just plain average to completely useless for the entire match, your call.

The reason I knock you down is because you usually, if not always give the wrong advice which are based on your misconceptions, and give builds that are based on those misconceptions. I'm trying to tell you that you should stop what you are doing, and actually go around learn the correct way to build the bots and then come back. Stop arguing upfront, listen to what others have to say first before go denying their advice and defend your claims by labeling what others say as stupid.

Game Mechanics? Change? Dude if they change, they might as well make a new game. Game Mechanics never change unless there's a huge major flaw with it, but that's always fixed during the beta testing stages of the game. In official service the only changes are made are new content updates, balancing (never happens in CosmicBreak), removal of dysfunctional content such as OP elements (also never happens in CosmicBreak) etc.

I get what you're saying there, I just personally prefer flexibility cuz my build can use both Wings and play normally. Going all-out for 99 seconds, then running to my death didn't sound that appealing to me because I usually don't deal out that much damage over 99 seconds.
Maybe the information I give is outdated. That's ok, just tell me I'm wrong and give out the right stuff. I got a phone function for keeping all that crap. Might as well use it so this doesn't happen.

By "game mechanics" I was thinking of the admittely remote possibility that CS would change how said part functioned when flying. I've occasionally seen it happen in other games.

Anyway, shooting piss at each other isn't really gonna get this anywhere...I don't want to argue with you cuz it makes me just a little bit more irritated, and I get angry easily enough.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:10 am

Doubted there was anyone left still playing that can make a viable build outside of premade gara moes
This thread confirmed my doubts

@FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:
@FireKiller87 wrote:
LXE wrote:

I get what you're saying there, I just personally prefer flexibility cuz my build can use both Wings and play normally. Going all-out for 99 seconds, then running to my death didn't sound that appealing to me because I usually don't deal out that much damage over 99 seconds.
Maybe the information I give is outdated. That's ok, just tell me I'm wrong and give out the right stuff. I got a phone function for keeping all that crap. Might as well use it so this doesn't happen.

By "game mechanics" I was thinking of the admittely remote possibility that CS would change how said part functioned when flying. I've occasionally seen it happen in other games.

Anyway, shooting piss at each other isn't really gonna get this anywhere...I don't want to argue with you cuz it makes me just a little bit more irritated, and I get angry easily enough.
Double post time
There is no "correct" way to build bots
Whether it'll get you 1st is another story
As long as you're having fun
Games are supposed to be fun, if you aren't having it there's no point to playing

@blead wrote:
Please do not double post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:27 am

@FireKiller

To play wing spammer seraphs, you go all out in 99 seconds (or 66 if you only got 1 EIW) and then play defensively at your team's PS until you die. It's really just that simple.

As for personal preference, you either keep it to yourself or give it as your personal opinion, but you never pass it off as common knowledge or real advice. We will often see your personal preferences as misconceptions and garbage if you do that and we will really bash you for doing that because it's just that annoying. You feeling Irritated and angry from arguing? That's how other people feel when you post your "advice" and you go around telling them how things should be done your way. Sometimes, it makes people like that guy above me, give up. Though, I have to admit, I've done my share of bad builds and given inaccurate information. At the end of the day, you just have to keep an open mind, and keep things to yourself.

Thix game haz become xeriouz biznezz, it'z not fun anymoar.

I hazn't zeen xz in around "X" yearz. (X can be a decimal. :3
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:29 am

Because I got my ass kicked by fps world champion on blacklight and spent 5 years training on mt. fuji to return the favor
Hence:
[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 Blrx11
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:38 am

The thread ._.

Gonna fix up the builds to make it more clear.

Be great if xz can help out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:00 am

@tehprognoob wrote:
Knowing xz...

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 19954998
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:02 pm

@tehprognoob wrote:
The thread ._.

Gonna fix up the builds to make it more clear.

Later
If I ever remember w
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:20 pm

While having an up to date guide, compiling these charts for Stun Regain and such will make it a full-fledged one. It's a bit of a turn off to someone (who is presumably new around here) when a guide simply says to find it themself.

That'd be like going on a tour guide, and the person guiding you just telling you to find your way around yourself.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:49 pm

There is one on the snowflakes forum. Dunno if I should just copy/paste it.

Mostly, I need help on weapon tunes. Anyways, making more revisions to this WIP.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:56 pm

LXE wrote:
@FireKiller

To play wing spammer seraphs, you go all out in 99 seconds (or 66 if you only got 1 EIW) and then play defensively at your team's PS until you die. It's really just that simple.

As for personal preference, you either keep it to yourself or give it as your personal opinion, but you never pass it off as common knowledge or real advice. We will often see your personal preferences as misconceptions and garbage if you do that and we will really bash you for doing that because it's just that annoying. You feeling Irritated and angry from arguing? That's how other people feel when you post your "advice" and you go around telling them how things should be done your way. Sometimes, it makes people like that guy above me, give up. Though, I have to admit, I've done my share of bad builds and given inaccurate information. At the end of the day, you just have to keep an open mind, and keep things to yourself.

Thix game haz become xeriouz biznezz, it'z not fun anymoar.

I hazn't zeen xz in around "X" yearz. (X can be a decimal. :3

I will keep that in mind, and if there's something that could possibly be inaccurate or is my opinion I'll label it as such.
Trust me, I don't get any pleasure out of pissing other people off, because that then leads to me getting pissed, and then I rage a lot more than usual, and then it just gets a lot worse from there. I'm pretty sure nobody wants that to happen.
Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Enough of this, back on topic:
There's a chart/charts for Stun Regain? O_o
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2365

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:17 pm

@Noirel wrote:
Stun Regain Chart

The Numbers mean how much hp you recover.
Dem breakpoints
Spoiler:

@reVelske wrote:
Soft Stun - flinch, caused by most weapons after dealing certain amount of damage. Alba missiles are particularly good at soft stunning in quick succession.

Hard Stun - Spin and temporary booster cut, caused from most missiles, bazookas and medium strength melee, also common on Paralyze-tuned weapons of low/medium Force.

Rotation Stun - Double spin and kills flight, caused by high powered melees and other attack with high stun properties (LL Blast Baz), also common on Paralyze-tuned weapon of high Force (Bazookas).

And the HP healed is fixed AFAIK.

Hurricane Blow counts as a Rotation Stun, not sure with Fire Pillar, probably soft.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7429-boost-run-short-boost-etc-etc-charts#151220
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides :: Air Types-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com