Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Preperation for release

Go down 
+16
MugenNoKage
shissachan
Daylyt
Ichijo
Feign
Midona
Asukuu
Flandyrll
Hyoka
NovaZero
Jello
gunzlinger
koi
TaeTae
FenixStryk
ArcticFox
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Preperation for release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:58 am

NovaZero wrote:
Seraph Promotion will be available in the UC shop, that's for sure. Just pray the price isn't 150,000 UC.

Amateus, like all of the robos in the shop except for Crim, is Rt.

W... what oO. Ok let's change game at the release . silent
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:00 pm

Mesil wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
Seraph Promotion will be available in the UC shop, that's for sure. Just pray the price isn't 150,000 UC.

Amateus, like all of the robos in the shop except for Crim, is Rt.

W... what oO. Ok let's change game at the release . silent
If you look at the Japanese wiki or forums or install and log into the Japanese game. You'll see what bots are available for UC.

Unless you are paying, you're pretty much one of those little NPC bots you see in Arcantus Quest mode.

Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm playing CB_JP from time to time and I can say things are not that bad.

UC rate is like permanent x2 or x3, you can exchange RT for UC and get RT from UC garapon which costs only 800UC per 5x roll.
And Seraph is completely UC, so I don't really care about RT unless they won't leave me a chance to obtain every part I need.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:53 pm

koi wrote:
I'm playing CB_JP from time to time and I can say things are not that bad.

UC rate is like permanent x2 or x3, you can exchange RT for UC and get RT from UC garapon which costs only 800UC per 5x roll.
And Seraph is completely UC, so I don't really care about RT unless they won't leave me a chance to obtain every part I need.
Speaking of obtaining parts, are robo parts still priced in UC if the robot itself is in RT? I've not ever actually bought anything with RT yet and am curious.
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Get seraph, get a plasmagun and a viper shield. The rest I don't care about. Unless sword\slayer bits are Rt.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

i'm just gonna keep it simple and follow w/e i did in CBJP~ (start off with all UC stuff and when i feel i'm ready, i'll start diving RT~)

i know i'm gonna be putting a good amount of cash into my CBEN account when the game goes live, but first i wanna see how CyberStep deals with stuff like hackers and etc. (i dont wanna put money into an account if the future hackers simply just start hacking accounts~)

but thatz just the approach i'm taking.
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Feign wrote:
Speaking of obtaining parts, are robo parts still priced in UC if the robot itself is in RT? I've not ever actually bought anything with RT yet and am curious.

The robo parts are still rt.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 pm

TaeTae wrote:
Feign wrote:

The robo parts are still rt.
Ashura AMJs are Rt as well.
Back to top Go down
shissachan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shissachan

Female Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:17 am

So basically... CB will become a "Pay4Powah" game. ...Screw it. If that's whats going to happen... *boots up my kssn*
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:44 am

No, it's not really Pay4Powah as it is Pay4TheCoolerParts&Weapons.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 am

Which are more powerful than the conventional UC weapons.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 am

Not all the time. Sure there are stuff like Auto Beam Rifles and Slash Blades, but that doesn't mean that all UC weapons will be useless by default. Besides, along these great and super special awesome garapon weapons are crappy garapon weapons, so trying to chance for a super special awesome garapon weapon means also chancing for a crappy garapon weapon.

Or CBUS can do what they did with the shop and put up some garapon weapons up for sale, like what they're doing with the Ceramic Burner Mod, Combi Dagger Mod and Compact Launchers. They can put up the decent garapon weapons and weapon mods in the shop and put in the more game breaking awesome weapons in the garapon.

Or just make some weapons UC and the bots Rt, since some of the players are kids, some don't have jobs(therefore a decent salary) and some are just stingy bastards.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 am

Garapon has compact launchers?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

Considering how they're under the "NEW WEAPONS!" tab instead of the "Bazookas" tab and the fact that the CBJP wiki lists the Compact Launcher as garapon only, I'd say they're supposed to be garapon weapons.
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:29 am

NovaZero wrote:
...some are just stingy bastards.

...I wonder where I fit in...
Back to top Go down
MugenNoKage
Newcomer
Newcomer
MugenNoKage

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:25 am

I'm not stingy, I just don't like the idea of paying to play a f2p game where to get the most or the cool stuff you need actural money to use and I could spend my hard earned money on a better thing... Thats right, the random strikes again.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 pm

While I don't have any problems with spending money to make the bots I like, I'm curious just what their pricing scheme is going to be. Right now I'm just acquiring bots for part access, the less times I need to fiddle with the garapon, the better.

The game could go really well...or suffer thanks to backlash from the player base if everything spiffy looking is RT. Would be nice (and surprising) if everything in the robot shop actually stayed UC. Like the above poster, the thought of a "free to play" game were a large portion of the content requires money to experience is a turn off, since you can just take that money, throw it to a game that you need to purchase, and probably get a better game play experience.
Back to top Go down
MugenNoKage
Newcomer
Newcomer
MugenNoKage

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 pm

Though I would like to add that while I am againest having to spend money to just get the extra benefits of a f2p game, I am more than willing to play the game with free stuff. Grant it I am still thinking if I should continue to play once the game is released or find something else. Truly the reason I am playing is because it is the only Mecha game i've found my computer hasn't had any real fits with. Zero online, couldn't get the patch thing down, age of armor, messed up after fully downloading it, exteel...had hughes net at the time >_> so never really got the most out of it, and whatever I can think of.

I will say this, I am curious on how the game will look when released for i've never played CB in the original version (japanese) so I don't know how things truly work. Example, I came in around the last half of beta test 1 and when I started in Dos (another account, I officially have 1 for each now, only because I was curious if starting commando robots...the frogs, would be different depending on union, I was wrong) where I picked Jikan Hu and soon aquired hound dog and aquila as starting robots. Coming back in beta test 2 I was alittle shocked when I made a new game and joined wiz (just for the hell of it) and got frog landers, it lefted me confused.

Anyhow, I guess no matter how the game turns out, I will wish it the best of luck, for I can see the game has potiential, just needs to focus on the few little problems it has.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Intet wrote:
The game could go really well...or suffer thanks to backlash from the player base when everything we currently have is RT.
Fix'd.
Intet wrote:
Would be nice (and surprising) if everything in the robot shop actually stayed UC.
It's good to dream. Razz
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 pm

^ All RT except Crimrose/Seraph Crimrose/Some of my turret bots. At least Cyberoid is UC.

The GMs already said that the english version WILL have a lot of differences to the JP version.

But at the moment all the good builds from JP works well here too.

(btw, frog landers are a bit broken with the old viper shield+bazooka+short boost=low cost dodge everything+kills others)

Of course, it won't stop me from making an army of turrets until I can get my hands on the RT bots.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 pm

Hyoka wrote:
^ All RT except Crimrose/Seraph Crimrose/Some of my turret bots. At least Cyberoid is UC.
True, I'm keeping the main bulk of my hard modding work to bots that will be UC so that they will have maximum availability in the live version.

Hyoka wrote:
The GMs already said that the english version WILL have a lot of differences to the JP version.
I'm gonna bet that making money for CyberStep is still on the menu.

Hyoka wrote:
But at the moment all the good builds from JP works well here too.

(btw, frog landers are a bit broken with the old viper shield+bazooka+short boost=low cost dodge everything+kills others)
Oh, yeqah, there's still great bots to be made, but I'm seeing this from the perspective of the average player, who will only see "I have to pay to not suck" in the shop. It's unfortunate that people are like that, but this will be percieved as a huge bait-and-switch.

Hyoka wrote:
Of course, it won't stop me from making an army of turrets until I can get my hands on the RT bots.
Heh, your turrets are generally pretty cool, and my Rydia mod will fulfill my need for the loli bots for a good long time before the US version gets the UC->Rt exchange.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:20 pm

Honestly, of the 3 starters, all of them failed (crimrose = get a second copy, Jikun Hu = not useful until slash blade, Lily Rain was kind of decent)
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 pm

As long as I have S size Air called Crimrose.... + S size Lnd runners.../S size snipe-capable Arts.... then I'm satisfied. Smile
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:07 am

Crim's edge over the other starters is that she comes with a free Beam Gun Mod(the one in the shop comes with a Beam Gun), is fully customizable(unlike Hu and Lily) and can turn into Seraph Crim.

In all honesty, I don't see any other way for CyberStep to make money without doing the whole "pay real money for better stuff" schtick. Especially since I heard CyberStep has to borrow servers and stuff. Maybe make Garapon the only thing you need to pay for or something, but I can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:34 am

hopefully theyl make uc to rt events and stuff like in JP version *-*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Preperation for release
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next