Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New sugoi girls

Go down 
+39
Hyoka
Str8witchin
HashiriyaR32
Aethereal
DarkChuky
SuperNova.pt
Suguri
Spectrion
Kitouski
knyx
Aria
Trill
Mew
BlueIridesence
LS3
Turkeysaur
Nymph~
SL the Pyro
UncleBobbie
hatsuharo
Zwiebel Force
Kurt
IncuSlave
Valkyrie
Suki_Eve
ziix
fhoeng
zerocl
Dune
resireth
guptavaasu
Phantomhive
dsp
Gerrion
reVelske
God is a Cat Girl
Titania1216
Stickboy
fggt
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
shadow_nekros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shadow_nekros

Male Posts : 292

New sugoi girls - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:45 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
The thing that gets me about the whole language barrier thing, is people abbreviating when typing on a language that they have some trouble with.

Spoiler:
So much effort to type 2 more letters when you type "you" (u), and capitalizing letters when you should capitalize them. Because if anything, it makes the posts easier to read, helps you getting a good habit and it doesn't make you look like a lazy foreign bum.

Not to mention that solely typing "u" when posting on a forum isn't the most necessary thing ever, unless you are using a cell phone, which in most of the cases, people are not using one, so there isn't much need to abbreviate it.

hmm time for me to talk. Ok, let's see, I'm going to try to type with all my effort so you don't need to say that I'm not trying, cause I actually do, sorry for the "cause". Well, in spanish forums or things like that, theres no matter if you right in abbreviations the whole time, like when you right "q putas te pasa", the "q" is supposed to be "que" but theres no problem, and if you are one of those who chat like crazy, is like obvius that you are going to write like that. Another example "ud" that means "usted" and so on.

In spanish you never capitalize unless is the first word of a sentence or a name, and even with that, no one cares in chats or forums(mostly chats unless you are someone like my friend that loves the USA things), so for many people is like better to not trying to capitalize all the time.

I need say something here right now, I read yesterday someone saying that english is actually a hard language, and more if you try to learn it as your second language, that's a fake, thats a lie. Someone that knows spanish or another language would find to learn english more easier than someone that knows english as its first language to learn spanish, and after all, the spanish is one of the most difficult languages. An example, if you know a little of spanish, just the basics, you would find that you wouldnt be able to understand a word of what we call "pachuco", "lenguaje coloquial" and so many other variations of the spanish that only a native speaker would give a try to understand(obviously, no one in central america can understand a single word of the "pachuco" of costa rica even if they speak spanish).

Also, you are saying that you are a person that really cares about the languages? well, chuky and many other people really don't care about trying to write with a correct grammar: first because is a forum of game that isnt going to affect his life at all, not even yours, second, what he actually do is not even realated to know a tons of vocabulary of english. You ask him to write better? well why you care? can't you really understand with only one look at what he writes? even if you know english as your first language you really have an issue to understand a simple comment of a game? GOD, what will you do if you need to learn german and try to study electronic engineering.... you wouldn't be able to read the first 10 pages of a book between 1 day.... man, please, sorry if it looks a little bit offensive, isn't my intention to insult you, but you need to understand that there are many different cultures, yeah cultures, not races, human race is only one, and you really think that your culture, USA one, is the only one that all the people need to follow.

Sorry for my english, I'm really trying to get better on it Razz

Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 am

Quote :
and you really think that your culture, USA one, is the only one that all the people need to follow.
>My culture
>USA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
No.

Quote :
well, chuky and many other people really don't care about trying to write with a correct grammar: first because is a forum of game that isnt going to affect his life at all,
I actually see the complete opposite happening.
People needlessly over use that so much, that when it comes to properly write, they only write garbage.
And even when they do it right, they needed to exert more effort than they would if they were used to it.
I get that but in a different way. I don't give a damn about talking to people of my country in the internet. It's really uncommon for me to write in my first language since my work doesn't require that and I don't use it on the internet. I write... 99% in English everyday, in game forums and games, and yeah, my grammar fails many times. But when I have to write in my first language, it requires more effort than writing in English because I simply don't write in my first language often (which surely isn't easier than Spanish), and it's my first language, not simple abbreviations. And the simpler things are, the more you get used to use them unconsciously.
(I actually learned English mostly on my own. What school taught me only was enough for me to fail, and after the first 2 years of English, all the following years taught me nothing since I learned it by myself and by having good habits on places like the INTERNET. Did it affect my life? It surely did. At least people seem to understand me in English. Or at least they seem to understand enough.)

"It's just a game forum" sounds more of a bad excuse than anything else.

Though I'm surprised that "you" people still type, when "you" can't even press your shift key. I mean, "you" don't care after all. "You" prefer to look like a 10 years old making comments on Youtube.

BTW, writing in a more proper English helps you making a point, if you write it like you don't care, that's what people will think, and so you are just making yourself worse, which in Chucks case, I really wouldn't make it worse.
This is, there is plenty of faggots in CB that go under the radar because they can write in proper English, communicate without any problems in English and have plenty of friends covering their ass.

The internet affects people's lives more than they think. Everything affects you, and not everything is under your control as you might think it is.
Back to top Go down
shadow_nekros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shadow_nekros

Male Posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Razz sorry about the part of your culture, didn't know you speak portuguese, but well, you said it affects your life and you said that when you write in your language you still fail(yeah same here), you are the one following the way USA people think... ok, good for you, but not for all the other people. So, only for me to understand, on what you work? because you said you write in english all the time, in your work, on forums, and all that, only curious, because you know, many people use english in their jobs, but you are taking it a bit farther insulting chuky everytime he writes something(not telling you do that all the time, is like a general idea of the way people talk when he talks).

You know, I'm only giving my oppinion about the way chuky see this forum, and isn't bad for me. I already told you that I really care about my english, and like you, the school education wasn't that good for me, so, that I learned even more english in internet than there, but if you still said that you fail sometimes, it seems that isn't that good for you, not even for me. You haven't say anything new for me that no other one would think about internet.

You said they "needlessly over use that so much", fake, he post sometimes, only sometimes, and most of the time are short posts, well actually he is posting a bit more than usual, but is the same, he don't over use that cause he actually don't write that much in english on game, same as other people, they actually try to talk the less they can, if they want to say something "important" they at least try, well I try to write properlly.

bad excuse saying is only a game forum? come on, isn't it only that? I only see people talking about a game isn't it? sometimes they talk about many other things on the chat but.... most of the time aren't things like about what you are studing, or your job, they are most of the time just entertainment things.

pressing shift key? GOD, you are not writing for a proyect for a tittle, well, I need to tell you, yeah, theres a really bad habit in spanish too, I never use " ´ " :p, but well that's beacuse I fail in grammar, isn't something that you will change that fast, but whenever I'm writing for something important I barelly miss one(well I always fail.... but I try)

also am I writting like I don't care about you insulting my friend? I'm not telling you that what you think of internet is bad, that no one thinks like you, I try to do my best because I care, but I'm not going to throw the towel of defending my friend just because the way you think you think is the only way the people must follow. Isn't that a correct point for writting against you even if somethings you said I know that I really care about?

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:41 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

(I actually learned English mostly on my own. What school taught me only was enough for me to fail, and after the first 2 years of English, all the following years taught me nothing since I learned it by myself and by having good habits on places like the INTERNET. Did it affect my life? It surely did. At least people seem to understand me in English. Or at least they seem to understand enough.)
Wow, I never would've guessed English wasn't your first language, much less that you were self-taught. I'm rather impressed.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Though I'm surprised that "you" people still type, when "you" can't even press your shift key. I mean, "you" don't care after all. "You" prefer to look like a 10 years old making comments on Youtube.
Oh God, this. 100% this.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Nekros, If my memory doesn´t fail, God is a Cat Girl is from Brasil, and Braisl is one of the main Outsoursing sources of USA (Call Centers, Development Centers...) then a lot of BRs works for outsourcing.

It´s funny how I can understand natural english people (USA, England, someother countries..) and not natural english talk people (90% of the world) but USA people can´t understan me or understan 75% of the foreings....

They are no so good learning other languages, they are good fo finances and war (militar companies)... I have read some studies about that but don´t remember where to... Asians are good with thecnologies, USA in finance... and other... (Germany is also good in finances)
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
It´s funny how I can understand natural english people (USA, England, someother countries..) and not natural english talk people (90% of the world) but USA people can´t understan me or understan 75% of the foreings....
There's a reason for that. The US trades with a shitload of different countries so of course they'd be able to understand. It's not like the United States is the world's biggest superpower or anything.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Maybe it's just me but honestly I don't give two shits about the way people type as long as they can get their point across. Sure, I may be more favorable towards someone who can get it across a bit more elegantly, but I'm not going to be mad about the way someone types. I understand not every can speak English perfectly (even though it's definately one of the more commonly spoken language).

People complained about BoyTitan's posts, while yes it was harder to read than most people, I could still understand him. While I'm sure if people took the time to elaborate when they post ( a forum is not a chatbox, posts are expected to be worded with a bit more eloquence), I really am not bothered much by any sort of chatspeak. I myself try my best to make my posts easier to read to the best of my ability simply because I know it makes reading it easier for others.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
Nekros, If my memory doesn´t fail, God is a Cat Girl is from Brasil, and Braisl is one of the main Outsoursing sources of USA (Call Centers, Development Centers...) then a lot of BRs works for outsourcing.
I'm from the other side of the Atlantic ocean.

I see plenty of Brazilians that can't speak English. But I don't really know how their educational system is.
Here we have to learn English, though many sleepwalk through it and surprisingly have passing grades without knowing all that much.

Spoiler:

BTW, properly written posts also help people who doesn't know as much English. They will understand it more easily, and they can also learn from reading such posts.
And before it goes under the radar, do note that I'm talking mostly about forums, in games abbreviations are okay when you are actually playing it (this is, when not on a lobby or on a place where nothing is happening). Still, it's a pain in the ass when you are not used to it, and you end up taking more time to read it than the usual.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:28 am

From Portugal?

I was wrong!!

No idea how is economy and bussines in Portugal (if u r from Portugal)

The only one I know is Brasil cause I have worked with Brasilian Companies (not in Portuguese, in english)

Regards!
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am

What about Canadians ._.
Back to top Go down
Spectrion
Spectrion

Male Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:02 pm

FFS why are we still going on about this two days later. This is an anime fan forum! Now go deflate your heads people!!!
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:16 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
you are right.. but the englihs that is used in the professional world is different from the one used in games in forums: lol, hell, gtfo, lma, xd!, bitch...

I'm just going to point out (and ask about) the "xd!" thing.
What exactly is "xd!"? AFAIK, it's just the Spanish/Portuguese version of "xD" or "XD"... but those are faces. What is xd supposed to be? A cross-eyed person trying to lick their nose?
Oh, and then you have to put about 10 exclamation marks after it. So they're trying 10 times as hard to lick their nose?
xd!!!!!!!!!!

On topic, just so this post isn't pointless:
Su-chan EV has a really good (annoying) BD weapon. She's so fun to play... ;-; Reminds me of Sigma Clock in a way.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:23 pm

shadow_nekros wrote:

In spanish you never capitalize unless is the first word of a sentence or a name, and even with that, no one cares in chats or forums(mostly chats unless you are someone like my friend that loves the USA things), so for many people is like better to not trying to capitalize all the time.

I need say something here right now, I read yesterday someone saying that english is actually a hard language, and more if you try to learn it as your second language, that's a fake, thats a lie. Someone that knows spanish or another language would find to learn english more easier than someone that knows english as its first language to learn spanish, and after all, the spanish is one of the most difficult languages. An example, if you know a little of spanish, just the basics, you would find that you wouldnt be able to understand a word of what we call "pachuco", "lenguaje coloquial" and so many other variations of the spanish that only a native speaker would give a try to understand(obviously, no one in central america can understand a single word of the "pachuco" of costa rica even if they speak spanish).

Also, you are saying that you are a person that really cares about the languages? well, chuky and many other people really don't care about trying to write with a correct grammar: first because is a forum of game that isnt going to affect his life at all, not even yours, second, what he actually do is not even realated to know a tons of vocabulary of english. You ask him to write better? well why you care? can't you really understand with only one look at what he writes? even if you know english as your first language you really have an issue to understand a simple comment of a game? GOD, what will you do if you need to learn german and try to study electronic engineering.... you wouldn't be able to read the first 10 pages of a book between 1 day.... man, please, sorry if it looks a little bit offensive, isn't my intention to insult you, but you need to understand that there are many different cultures, yeah cultures, not races, human race is only one, and you really think that your culture, USA one, is the only one that all the people need to follow.

Sorry for my english, I'm really trying to get better on it Razz

I get that other languages have different rules for punctuation, but when you're typing in another language it's clearer to others if you follow that language's rules, instead of relying on your first language's syntax. It's courteous AND it makes communicating much easier.

Things like spelling varies by culture/location. That's something I noted years ago.

I do care about other languages, and I especially care about being able to communicate with others. If I could understand what he was writing without having to reread it several times, I wouldn't have to ask him to type better. I said it before, I can say it again: it takes less time for me to read something that is done correctly than it does for me to read something incorrectly. It bothers me because I KNOW I'm going to have to reread it to make sure I know what's going on, instead of half-assing a reply. If it didn't bother me and my understanding, I wouldn't have to ask him to change. Simple as that.

Oh, and a fun fact about Suki: I've spent four years studying French, and two years studying Spanish. Language is something that interests me highly, and I intend to learn more languages (which include Korean, German, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese), and that's not counting the programming languages I'll be learning in a year or two to help with my future career. I know where my faults in language are. Reading clear language is easy. Barely legible language is not.

Culture =/= Language. Culture has some influences on language, just as language has influences on culture, but they are not the same thing. I'm not asking anyone here to become an American, or anything dumb like that. I'm asking someone to talk in a clear and concise manner, and to put effort into their posts, so that I don't have problems replying and understanding what they're saying. Got a problem with that?

And actually, how you type on the internet does affect how your real-life companions perceive you. Ever heard of Facebook? That social networking site? People use it to chat with real-life friends, socialize, and now people hiring can check your Facebook to see if you're a potential candidate and worth hiring, and your friends can also note if you're an idiot or not. Sure, doesn't really affect you if you don't have people from forums added on it, but your online life DOES affect your offline life. This isn't 1995, where you can be an ass online and it won't affect you elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New sugoi girls   New sugoi girls - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New sugoi girls
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6