Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Returning Player from Closed Beta

Go down 
+14
VeryMelon
Klinkin
God is a Cat Girl
mikuri
rei_hunter
necrodrakath
IronFist
Stickboy
ziix
fggt
resireth
Trill
Mew
Zadier
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Zadier
Newcomer
Newcomer

Returning Player from Closed Beta Empty
PostSubject: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:19 am

Hi everyone. I started playing this version of CB back in Closed Beta when I stumbled upon it. After the actual cash shop came out with most of the bots being RT now I bought some UC bots, and then quit for a while since there wasn't much to do with just UC.

I checked out the website a little while ago and noticed that they've now added the UC to RT conversion system among other major things. Seemed like a good time to give this another go. The free 50 RT for beta testing also helps.

I've got 80 RT total right now from UC conversion + beta. It's nowhere near enough to use on Garapon hoping for something good, so I've been looking at some of the RT bots in the shop. Problem is I can't seem to figure out which ones are good, having been gone for quite a while. The following have caught my eye:

-Amateus: bought this back in beta when everything was UC. It seemed to perform pretty well, and looks pretty awesome appearance-wise to boot.
-Sturbanger: Also looks pretty cool, spamming missiles is fun to watch, and I heard it was good for PvE though I might be remembering that wrong.
-Brickgale Red/Blue: Not sure whether these are worth it though they look kind of interesting. Is Red or Blue better? Red comes with the rifle thing but it seems Blue can be customized with its own weapon.
-Gwyain is pretty expensive at 100RT, twice the price of the above. Is it actually better in some way or something? Is it actually worth two of the above or is that just because it's new in the shop?
-Any other recommendations for any RT bots that should be a priority?

Also, I don't quite understand how the whole AURA system works. Could someone please give me a brief summary?
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:26 am

Amateus.

Then roll UC Garapon for Greinaut AMs or buy the unit if you can get more RT.

Then get 2 Handy Zooks.

Level Amateus to LV9

MOVING BURST.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am

Aura in most cases is filled like a regular Wonderbit, but upon being full, the user can activate Aura, which can increase it's stats depending on aura parts, and certain parts become weapons (ex: Seiron HD becomes a Lightning Gun during Aura).

As for some of your bot questions: Amateus is okay as a missle platform, I dont personally like alphastriking with him. Give him somehing such as a Ballistic Launcher, and tune for G.Rapid.
Sturbanger is pretty bad; don't waste your sparce RT on him.

Brickgale Blue's BS is better, but i you're going to buy hm just for it, you'd be better off rolling UC Garapon for it (Brickgale BS, Frau LG, Cross Raptor AM, Lancerlot AM2, Greinaut AM, Jack Gadget HD2 are all some of the Gold ball prizes in UC Garapon)
Gwyain is kind o tricky; he's definately one of the best L air cores, especially compared to UC options. If you're into using Star Dust Cannon (which UC Garapon also drops), it would be worth considering him.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am

Hey there, it's great that you have returned to Cosmic Break. Welcome back.

Here's my definition for AURA:
For AURA, it's a system that enhances certain weapons/parts on the robot it is on when active. It takes up the wonderbit slot, so you cannot use wonderbits on said bot.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:40 am

The brick BS in UC gara is red one actually(BS2)
Spoiler:

Abt bot choices, Ama and Ballistic or Gwyain and SDC may be okay in current meta.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 11:41 am

*Don't take me too seriously. I'm sure other people have way better suggestions than me.
*Also, you should try some of the UC options before you consider buying with RT, so you know what kind of bot will suit your preferred playstyle. Some UC Options:
-Large Bazooka Destructor
-Bazooka Accel Saber Hopper
-Seraph Crim w/ Plasma Gun, Mini Baz, LPG, etc.

For Brickgales:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t8655-brickgale-robo?highlight=Brickgale
(Fairly old thread. I'm pretty sure this applies with Brickgale Blue too, except for the Alpha Air, which uses moving burst)
I heard Birckgale Blue has better stats.

If you just want them for their BS (STOVL Wings), you can get a 1s Brickgale Red BS in Super UC Gara.

3s Plasma gun, Ballista shooter and Mini bazookas can be obtained often in Super UC gara.

For Gwyain:
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5640-sdc-builds?highlight=SDC+builds
(Pretty old too.)

2s Stardust cannons can be obtained in Super UC gara. Slightly uncommon.

Other recommendations:
-Buy an Accel Saber and a Force Barrier LGJ, roll UC gara to get a 3s Handy zook (or 1s Bazooka from shop), get a Buckler through Bazaar/Quests and make a hopper (Or a Bugsycait, but that would probably require more tunes and waste all your 80rt)

-Greinaut is always loved in Epoch/Temple Site

-Blast Bazooka, Linear Cannon(You can put this on Victory 1 and abuse the Long Range Bit) and Mega Beam gun(you can put this on Izuna or Bugsycait .__.) are good weapons, but their 3s Garapon counterparts are superior once tuning comes in.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BTYT3pE6pQ

Deal with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Zero Saber Girl + Reaper Scythe/Kamui Staff + Buckler is pretty decent.

Advice 1 - Quit the game
This is one of the most popular advice given by a lot of experienced players in the game. There are over 9000 reasons for this, but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Advice 2 - Learn to hop
This one of the basic skills, you must first build a hopper and play it until you're experienced with it. Learning to evade with Short Boost gets you a decent amount of experience, and shooting while doing it helps you to practice your aim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 pm

LXE wrote:

Advice 1 - Quit the game
This is one of the most popular advice given by a lot of experienced players in the game. There are over 9000 reasons for this, but I'm too lazy to list them all.
This.

Game is beyond broken, so save yourself before its too late.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:51 pm

iKray wrote:
LXE wrote:

Advice 1 - Quit the game
This.

^THIS
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:56 pm

IronFist wrote:
iKray wrote:
LXE wrote:

Advice 1 - Quit the game
This.

^THIS

^RECOMMENDED
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

necrodrakath wrote:
IronFist wrote:
iKray wrote:
LXE wrote:

Advice 1 - Quit the game
This.

^THIS

^RECOMMENDED

^ Even i have to agree with this.

But hey if you wanna experience it yourself, very well.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Game is sadly broken, quit before you get into it.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:01 pm

LXE wrote:

Advice 1 - Quit the game

Advice 2 - Learn to hop
This one of the basic skills, you must first build a hopper and play it until you're experienced with it. Learning to evade with Short Boost gets you a decent amount of experience, and shooting while doing it helps you to practice your aim.
You don't play hopper to evade with short boost.
If you want to learn to evade with short boost, you don't need to build a hopper, anything with short boost will do.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:43 am

Going to have to agree with the above posters; don't bother coming back. CyberStep has been demonstrating that they care not for players who don't pump a monthly $100 or so into their game, and they've been practically enforcing that in CosmicBreak. As a closed beta player, be prepared to see some crazy overpowered stuff, all of it available only from Garapons. An example? The most recent Gara (the Wing Gara) has two air moes (with all parts locked) who each come with four built-in guns and Moving Burst as a built-in cart (that is to say, they have it at level 0). Read: a pre-built alphag with better than normal stats. Gara melees have also gotten completely crazy; I'd recommend against arts, especially large or immobile ones.

However, if you still want to continue playing, I'd recommend that you make some standard UC builds and learn what may be the most important skill in CB these days: how to RUN AWAY. Unless you feed the trolls that are CyberStep with all of your hard-earned money, you're going to be faced with some builds that you literally cannot beat. Learn which bots and builds to simply avoid at all costs, and which ones are safe to go after.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:10 am

Turn around and forget about this shitty game. Go play Tribes instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:22 pm

That feel when you said something right and a lot of people agree with you. :3

Yeah, just quit the game with no strings attached otherwise you're going to suffer from RT addiction and the redrawal symptoms are very very painful.

RT is a drug.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Just look for another game, seriously
On a side note:
It's kinda hilarious that we commend a player to not to play this shit, when we are still playing it, ahue
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
hatsuharo
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 pm

LXE wrote:
RT is a drug.

That.

Most of the time you'll never get what you want, and when you do get it, next patch releases something new that you must have, and it goes on and on...
Back to top Go down
Spectrion
Spectrion

Male Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 am

Oh god. CS has invented computerized crack. In b4 it turns out CS is an affiliate of Mom corp.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 am

TERA's future sure is looking mighty bright. Personally, that's where I disappeared to the past few days. Willing to wait 2 weeks for OB/official service? Then go there. For the love of god, don't play this game. It's really not worth the time at this point unfortunately unless CS does a serious asspull to actually balance shit in the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player from Closed Beta   Returning Player from Closed Beta Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning Player from Closed Beta
Page 1 of 1