Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to use a Mighty Byne?

Go down 
+3
JLNR
Gerrion
DGGuardian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DGGuardian
DGGuardian

How to use a Mighty Byne? Empty
PostSubject: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 am

I just got my hands on a MB. I fell in love with this mech (even though I'm pretty bad with lands XD) and thought I'd build him up but as I just recently started playing...so I have no idea how? Any advice is welcome.

This is the version with a long pilebunker. I just recently found that there is another version with shorter bunkers. Should I keep my long bunker or trade it in for a shorter one?

Here is what I got so far

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Hmm...

I believe leaving the robot at level 8, sacrificing Absorb bump and one other cartridge, will help you. Short Boost and Boost run are, in my oppinion, two distinct tactic cartridges. Normally, you choose either one or another. If you choose to remove short boost, remove it and quick land as well, and pick up stun regain, if the robot has that cartridge.
Back to top Go down
DGGuardian
DGGuardian

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 pm

I see. Thanks for the advice unfortunately MB doesnt have stun regain. I also noticed that I didn't give him a weapon >.< so I have to rework that list a little bit.
Back to top Go down
JLNR
Newcomer
Newcomer
JLNR

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

>Prop BSJ
3 WLK for 50 cost
You should remove it.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:32 pm

JLNR wrote:
>Prop BSJ
3 WLK for 50 cost
You should remove it.

He's right. Prop BSJ is horribly inefficient; it's possible (although not entirely cost effective either) to get 3 WLK at just 15 cost. Of course, tuning that way isn't exactly smart, given the fact that you could get as much as 6 WLK for that cost (albeit with some stat reduction)

And Absorb Bump serves little to no purpose in most situations. IMHO, it's not worth it.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

get rid of absorb bump and quickland in favour of blast and sword guard
get rid of the propeller booster joint to free up further capacity

you can keep boostrun + shortboost if you can play with it, but fatlands arent really my forte, so another one could give you better tips about the movement cards

get rid of byne am 2 in favor of lancerlot am2 (uc gara)

get rid of all tunes on byne am3, its a short ranged breaker shotgun, if you want to tune it so badly, a single 3% force tune will give you best results for the cost, aside from that, no of the other tunes are needed, invest the freed up capacity in movement stats

get rid of high beast, its expensive for what it does

equip HD ACC, i suggest silver headphones (uc gara) and 1 slot flowerpops (arena)

tune the freed up slots for more walk, mighty byne am 3 hasnt much movement in its attack, so you should propably go for a really breakpoint (32 wlk without boostrun, or about yellow to orange tier if you really want to keep boostrun [boostrun charts are in the stickys])

my suggestions are far from perfect, but it should suit a beginner to get an easier time

for some better info, i refer to other people that play and build more fatlands than i do
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:09 pm

I've never liked Mighty Byne core. Hello 1400 cost end build. He doesn't really have great carts or much space for stats either.

Short Boost, Quick Land, Tough Runner, Sword Guard are the only carts of interest I see. No clue what you're looking for in a build for him, so I can't say anything beyond "get rid of that horrible propeller".

IncuSlave wrote:
JLNR wrote:
>Prop BSJ
3 WLK for 50 cost
You should remove it.

He's right. Prop BSJ is horribly inefficient; it's possible (although not entirely cost effective either) to get 3 WLK at just 15 cost. Of course, tuning that way isn't exactly smart, given the fact that you could get as much as 6 WLK for that cost (albeit with some stat reduction)
5 cost = 1 stat is average efficiency.

The "5 cost = 2 stats" you can get from high beta tunes is obviously better but not always viable.
Back to top Go down
DGGuardian
DGGuardian

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Suguri wrote:
I've never liked Mighty Byne core. Hello 1400 cost end build. He doesn't really have great carts or much space for stats either.

Uh okay then but I'll take what I got sides I like the big guy.

For builds, I'm making him as front line melee fighter not really concrete yet.

So far most what I got is take out the propeller, check. Any weapon suggestions for non-pilebunker arm? Or is a double pilebunker arm feasible?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Mighty Byne?

Maybe Jet Hammer Builds with his Non-Pile Bunker Arms. and a Viper/Bazooka on the other arm.

Make sure to keep his Legs short though.

as for tuning, if you've got 3 Slots, tune STR and TGH, then WLK.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
DGGuardian
DGGuardian

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 pm

I'm using AM3 which does not have a weapon slot since its already a shotgun/pilebunker so I can't really hold a weapon with it (look ma no hands!)

Can a double AM3 be a workable bot and does MB LB combo if he has 2 of them equipped?

Nice signature btw, Swordancers FTW (though what is taking Swordancers 2-4 so long >.<)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to use a Mighty Byne?   How to use a Mighty Byne? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to use a Mighty Byne?
Page 1 of 1