Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.

Go down 
+16
Yokura
tehprognoob
Dracatis
Aurum_Sol
Asagi
SmileBrush
Kaosuseki
UncleBobbie
reVelske
ZephyrKaiser
VeryMelon
God is a Cat Girl
Mew
Nymph~
Gerrion
Suguri
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm

^You have to get it to activate first before you can go take a swim in traps.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:55 pm

Let's see...
Revenge tunes come from stun....
So if I impale myself on a cactus I can swim traps?

How2Do in Haku = =
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:12 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
Let's see...

How2Do in Haku = =

Pray that Haku attacks you and stuns you and it activates?
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:55 am

tehprognoob wrote:
"normal" stun and "normal" knocback only, cuz there are tons of stun which never activated revenge

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
Let's see...

How2Do in Haku = =

trap-haku-attack scratch
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:51 am

Nymph~ wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
"normal" stun and "normal" knocback only, cuz there are tons of stun which never activated revenge

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
Let's see...

How2Do in Haku = =

trap-haku-attack scratch

Doesn't he rarely try to hit you with the staff?
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:02 am

I don't think trap haku hits at alll...
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:30 am

Yokura wrote:
He doesn't even attack you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 am

LXE wrote:
Yokura wrote:
He doesn't even attack you. :lol!:

read up on "to hit" in a dictionary
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:30 am

^implying you didn't already know about LXE's tendency to parrot what people just posted with his own redundant posts.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:14 am

Quote :
^implying you didn't already know about LXE's tendency to parrot what people just posted with his own redundant posts.

Laughing Oh, that prankster.

The truth is that trap haku doesn't hit players, he just evades him. His purpose is to stall, not defeat.

I think that the most valid question for this situation would be if being hit by a trap counts as being stunned, so you could avoid other traps.

Which doesn't happen, i believe.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 pm

reVelske wrote:

obvious attempt to raise postcount is obvious.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Ask RebeccaDM for stuff about haku. I've done a few runs with her, and she's got some genius setups in place. I've seen her just zoom through traps like they weren't even there, decimate haku, and then jump over to where it's going to spawn next just before it disappears.

How she does this, I have no idea, and trying to pump her for information is like trying to steal cookies from Nisa. It just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Gerrion wrote:
Quote :

Laughing Oh, that prankster.

The truth is that trap haku doesn't hit players, he just evades him. His purpose is to stall, not defeat.

I think that the most valid question for this situation would be if being hit by a trap counts as being stunned, so you could avoid other traps.

Which doesn't happen, i believe.
Correct, traps don't stun.
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:37 pm

A few questions:
- If you have two different Revenge Tunes on (Let's say CV and Clear) is it possible to have both active at the same time? Or does one replace the other?

- Does the All Guard from a Revenge Tune stack with a Guard Cartridge? For example: 30% All Guard + 30% Sword Guard? (Which would either be 60% off or 51% off depending on when they're calculated.)
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:25 pm

I think that they don't stack

Else, I mean, unstunnable immune alphag with hypershot

lol
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:41 pm

AzureRathalos wrote:
A few questions:
- If you have two different Revenge Tunes on (Let's say CV and Clear) is it possible to have both active at the same time? Or does one replace the other?

- Does the All Guard from a Revenge Tune stack with a Guard Cartridge? For example: 30% All Guard + 30% Sword Guard? (Which would either be 60% off or 51% off depending on when they're calculated.)
One would replace the other, as they occupy the same buff "slot".

However, you can get Hypershot from a PS/chibi/whatever as well as Revenge: CV/Clearance, as they occupy different buff slots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Nisa wrote:
reVelske wrote:

obvious attempt to raise postcount is obvious.
Damnit, caught. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Suguri wrote:
AzureRathalos wrote:
A few questions:

One would replace the other, as they occupy the same buff "slot".

However, you can get Hypershot from a PS/chibi/whatever as well as Revenge: CV/Clearance, as they occupy different buff slots.

i made a thread a while ago about different buffs and debuffs, but its hopelessly outdated by now, it might give you some info on what suguri is talking about, though.

that reminds that i should propably do an update on that thread, but im so demotivated >.>
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Nymph~ wrote:
Burner ignition is tied to the first hard stunning hit. If you can't hard stun, you can't burn.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Hmm I got some questions...

First, exactly how long do the Guard/CV/Clearance/HS effects last?

And the 2nd question, I think the answer's been stated in the guide but I wanted to ask just in case:

Since the revenge tune effects only triggered when you're stunned, if I was using CV, could I still trigger its effect when it is still active?
And if it does, does it overlap the original effect or stack with it?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Blizt wrote:
First, exactly how long do the Guard/CV/Clearance/HS effects last?
You know, I haven't actually timed this. It feels about the same as hypershot from a PS.

EDIT: Counting frames, I came up with 10.307 seconds.

Blizt wrote:
Since the revenge tune effects only triggered when you're stunned, if I was using CV, could I still trigger its effect when it is still active?
And if it does, does it overlap the original effect or stack with it?
Yes, revenge tunes can proc again while they're already active. Revenge tunes won't stack, it just refreshes the effect (or overwrites it if you're using multiple revenge tunes).

It won't give you any notification if it refreshes though, so it's kind of a guessing game as to when it'll end.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Suguri wrote:
You know, I haven't actually timed this. It feels about the same as hypershot from a PS.

EDIT: Counting frames, I came up with 10.307 seconds.
Thanks for the effort of testing that out.

Well that's a lot better than I expected, I was worried that it would only lasts as long like chibi's all-guard effect kiss
(also HS from PS lasts for about 6 seconds)

Suguri wrote:
Yes, revenge tunes can proc again while they're already active. Revenge tunes won't stack, it just refreshes the effect (or overwrites it if you're using multiple revenge tunes).

It won't give you any notification if it refreshes though, so it's kind of a guessing game as to when it'll end.
Well now that I know it would last for at least 10 secs, I don't think this will be an issue to me anymore =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.   Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Revenge Tunes, and why you should be using them.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2