Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question

Go down 
+3
Malphes
Suguri
Fujisaki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question Empty
PostSubject: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:17 am

Once again, hi everyone! Recently, I tried rolling in the Mega Garapon and got the 3 gold robots as above. However, among those 3, the only one I have knowledge of playing is Mialy. Thus, I am going to ask 3 questions together in this thread.
1)How exactly should I be building Mialy?
As far as it goes, my Mialy is now level 6 and has the following cartridges.
2x Capacity
Float Dash
2x EIW
Tough Wonder Bit
As the cosmic calculator does not have Mialy Type. X and thus, I did a manual calculation and found out that if I build Mialy the way I want her to be (Sniper Sight+Broad Radar), I'm going to end up having 30 capacity to tune only. Hence, I hope that someone would be able to tell me which cartridges is not really needed.

2)Rouche's Gameplay
Rouche has that wonderbit that creates 4 small barriers but since the current meta is made up of a lot of melees, she can't be used as a frontline attacker and thus, I was wondering what I can use her for or else I'll leave her in my garage till the number of Eris and Resha decreases somehow.

3)Regina Winberyl SP's Gameplay
As a support, I must say that Winberyl is really good since she can heal even without the Wonderbit but at the same time, it's quite difficult for me to utilize her thorns and pull attack. While setting up the thorns, if she gets hit even once, the attack is cancelled which makes it even harder to use it. I have tried setting it up while my allies are distracting the land and then pulling the land into the thorns but it has worked only 2 out of 5 times. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for reading through ^^
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am

The purpose of Rouche:C is to have a tougher-to-destroy barrier field. Since there are four bits, it makes it that much harder for a melee to come in and destroy them. Too bad it's easier for Vox Altus to destroy this way. It allows for some funny setups on uneven terrain as well.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:23 am

I see XD If it were the normal Rouche, I can see her as a PS defender but in the case of Type C, using the 4 barriers is quite pointless unless she is given a long range weapon (which I haven't gotten since I'm not sure if it'll work out) So correct me if I'm wrong but does having a tougher-to-destroy barrier field allow her to survive longer to get more contribution points and possibly damage?
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:24 am

this is just from personal experience but it seems regina sp heal field doesn't do shit unless people are already standing in it when you use it

otherwise they can't walk up and get auto repair
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am

Really? I don't really know since I rarely use her in Arena (3rd bot in commando) But usually, I shout repair and throw a heal field before hunting for NPCs to fill up my Wonderbit and then shouting repair once again to use both the heal field and Wonderbit.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:08 am

Lose the Sniper sight if you want to do tunes.
Unless you intend to junk and rebuild your mialy from scratch?

General Mialy Carts -
Capacity +60Ă—5
Enhance internal weaponĂ—2
Tough Wonder Bit
Short Boost (you using Float dash so that's fine too...)
Broad Radar
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:24 am

I have a lot of star coins from the level up event so I can buy the reset cartridge if there is a need to. But is there something wrong with Float Dash? I tend to build "mobile" artilleries like Lily Rain and Mialy Type X has a higher base fly than walk. Or is there a better benefit from short boost that I have not heard of yet? Alright, I shall remove the sniper's sight from my list of cartridges. Thanks for the help ^^
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: u   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:26 am

BNOISE wrote:
Lose the Sniper sight if you want to do tunes.
Unless you intend to junk and rebuild your mialy from scratch?

General Mialy Carts -
Capacity +60Ă—5
Enhance internal weaponĂ—2
Tough Wonder Bit
Short Boost (you using Float dash so that's fine too...)
Broad Radar

Optionally, you can drop Tough Wonder Bit (not everyone wants to be a Pursuit Bit spamming loser) for Quickland.

As for parts, 2x Cheer Pompon, or Fireflower are basic handheld items (her railgun and heatgun are good enough to last an entire match)

Tune walk (35 wlk)
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:31 am

Hmm but usually, I play my Mialy as a sniper (staying at the spot where most artilleries are usually found) and thus, I tend to be stuck at the same place for a long time because not all enemies will rush to the frontline or my teammates push them back and in the event I do have a target, I'll immediately Pursuit On so that I can at least do some decent damage and not be a freeloader. I could play her as a frontline mobile artillery but for some reason, I tend to be really bad at close ranged battles with her, even against airs.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 am

Considering the dynamic of most battles and the the fact that in higher level rooms ( I assume you're in the newbie roobs, Circle/Diamond and below) airs will harass you along with lands , you will need all the mobility you can get.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:39 am

Well I'm a Pentagon with 3.9 Br so I see Eris and Resha wherever I go. So, assuming I get quick land, do I play Mialy as a long ranged hopper or something?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 am

Essentially, yes. Hop around with Railgun, target airs and such, the whole deal.

Just a little trick for hopping with Mialy : If you fill her WB to full, using the BD sub mid hop (use it as you start to fly up) can extend your hop distance and increase turn speed. Its very situational, but it helps for confusing melees as to where you plan on landing at the end of your hop.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:43 am

Alright, I shall try out BNOISE's and your way before deciding which one suits my playstyle more. Thanks for the help ^^
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:48 am

Tough WB not really recommended unless you plan to royally piss off someone in particular.

Best cart selection for Mialy is 5x capa, 2x EIW, quick boost, short boost, broad radar and accele roll. And tune walk if you want more freedom to shoot down airs.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:03 am

What I don't get is why Short Boost and not Float Dash? Hopping means a movement + quick land cartridge right? Since Mialy has a higher base fly, why not use Float Dash instead?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:15 am

Fujisaki wrote:
What I don't get is why Short Boost and not Float Dash? Hopping means a movement + quick land cartridge right? Since Mialy has a higher base fly, why not use Float Dash instead?
Why would fly warrant float dash over short boost?
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:21 am

Because it's easier to tune for fly to a higher stat than walk? ._. Never had a hopper before so I don't know either =x
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 am

Fujisaki wrote:

First off, float dash isn't bad at its own purpose but because of this https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t5718-leaning-forwards-whilst-flying-the-thread?highlight=leaning

gives you a harder time to deal with the type of bots you should focus as art. If you're already used to float dash arts then it's all strawberries & cream, keep in mind that performing short float dashes helps to economize your boost gauge for when you need it most. Last cart for the float dash version is up to you, both tough WB and quick land works good in current meta.

Why short boost/quick boost/accele roll Mialy? Because short boost is ideal to evade and attack at the same time with no leaning forward, plus you can accele roll from it when something really nasty is going after you. Quick boost is mandatory or else build won't have sustainable mobility.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:39 am

Ah, I see, it all makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation ^^
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:40 am

Fujisaki wrote:
Because it's easier to tune for fly to a higher stat than walk? ._. Never had a hopper before so I don't know either =x
Short Boost can work off of fly too.

Likewise, Float Dash can also work off of wlk (really nice for clearing gaps without upward elevation changes for wlk-based bots).
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:46 am

Oh, I didn't know that. I used to think that walk only affects Short Boost and fly only affects Float Dash. Thanks for the information Smile
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:48 am

Fujisaki wrote:

You don't tune wlk to make her a hopper, you tune wlk because it's much easier to shoot people with a railgun while running than while flying. Remember that your targets are mostly airs, or should be.
With 400 range, you don't need to use short boost unless when enemies get really close.
I mean, you still get it, but you don't need to spam it like a fool when you don't need to use it.

The problem with wlk Mialy is that you need to tune a lot more, and if you want to tune tec, you might (or not) end up needing to drop 1 cart to get the last capa cart.

This is mostly because her railgun now isn't as broken.
The original's railgun with the buff can still get really high scores with fly instead of wlk.
Short boost + quick boost + 34 fly can troll some lnds around.
But fly on Type X will make it really hard to shoot people.

About Regina, get Broad Radar first, then you start caring about the trap (unless it's a map with tunnels).
Simply because you will see lnds coming with the radar, and so you will know when to lay the trap.
The draw gun, seems to be really sensitive to lag. So you might see people lagshielding through it quite a bit, or the game derping and stunning them but not drawing them.

But if draws alright, you can stick 2 weapons, draw people (while alpha striking), use short boost to any of your sides, repeat everything until they die. It's not easy at first, but later you will be laughing at how funny it is to watch them being dragged around.

BTW, if you plan tuning them, you might as well do it before you level them up.
Back to top Go down
Fujisaki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 am

I see, I understand better how to play Mialy and Regina better now. Thank you for the tips!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question   Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Mialy Type. X, Rouche Mode:C and Regina Winberyl SP Question
Page 1 of 1