Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The CB Fan-forum itself.

Go down 
+11
Divayth
113Kyote
NovaZero
Dokuro
Daylyt
koi
Bloodbane
FenixStryk
zomb
Sean
Dwlr
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Dwlr wrote:
So what you're saying is that if everybody jumped off a cliff you would to? That's good to know. Rolling Eyes You shouldn't because it's tacky, I've made banners for 7 different forumotion sites and not a one has some hideous "I have low self-esteem" mark on it. It does stick out, also wow just wow. I'm really fighting the urge to call you an idiot for thinking I meant it was literally neon. Rolling Eyes I don't care how you did it, but if I were to say I'd say the gradient you used was the steel gradient in the metallic subset on a clipping mask over rasterized text, yea I'm not impressed. Your title should be all the credit you need but if you think you're all so fired important that you need to keep credit you create a text based widget in the admin panel and place it below the forum on the structure map so yea you can do it if you knew anything about forumotion which I won't fault you for ignorance on that one.

If you didn't do it for the glory then let the theme stand without a giant stamp on it, you're trying to act like it was a self-less act but claiming credit like you are negates it and makes it for the "glory" as you put. Rolling Eyes

@NovaZero Re-read your post and the post you quoted and tell me why it's not even worth a response, however I will just to be 'nice'. The "Almighty Sean" decided that it's his sole decision as the omnipotent power to decide the content of every post on the forum, he deleted posts deeming them as unnecessary the 'extra' sections aren't necessary to a CB forum so I was asking the 'Almighty Sean' why he decided to let them stand when they have no prevalence to Cosmic Break. *Read before you respond. Rolling Eyes *

Just because I do do something someone else does doesn't mean I would do everything that they do. Now you're putting words in my mouth. And I made the whole theme, not just the banner. (As you said you made banners for 7 different forums) Most of the time when I make themes for people, such as themes for my friends MapleStory private servers, I never put in that thing at the bottom of a banner. But seeing as this is almost the official forum of a real game I thought it would be good.

Also earlier you mentioned something about the "GFX Team" group. That isn't for people who worked on the theme. It's for every GFX artist that wants to join. Such as Tigge wanted to join so I added him to it although he didn't work on the forum theme at all.
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Divayth
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 pm

I agree that "THEME BY SEAN24" sticks out like a sore thumb and is largely unneeded. I mean you don't see water marks on those renders that you used do you? Why should you take the credit for the banners when the people who made the renders take none? I suggest you finding another way to take credit for crafting the forum to the way it is now than you currently are.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Divayth wrote:
I agree that "THEME BY SEAN24" sticks out like a sore thumb and is largely unneeded. I mean you don't see water marks on those renders that you used do you? Why should you take the credit for the banners when the people who made the renders take none? I suggest you finding another way to take credit for crafting the forum to the way it is now than you currently are.

Those images don't have watermarks on them because they were in the fankit from the JP site for people to use. If they put a watermark on them then people couldn't use them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:02 am

Really, if you don't like this forum, then just don't bother coming to this forum, or look at Mayhem's signature, and DEAL WITH IT
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 am

sunjae429 wrote:
Really, if you don't like this forum, then just don't bother coming to this forum, or look at Mayhem's signature, and DEAL WITH IT

sunjam~ i love the fact that u said that~

sorry, dwlr, but if u need to rant so hard about stuff, just get out. (just like u hate hearing this) But u really ARE the only one ranting atm. and you're being Ultra butthurt about this whole thing. You wont get any results. you wont ppl are dropping ur fame points already and heck... idk when u even join'd the forums. (i'm not up for checking ur profile to find out or looking at anything other than ur DP and name~ Sorry, but i dont deem u that worthy of having to waste my time finding out)

but jeez srsly~ quit it. the world duznt revolve around u~ it really duznt.

@Sean. the sig is fine. the other person i was reffering to has a bigger pic though. (square shaped too, if that helps in any way.)

and ty for explaining it to me~

@BACK to DWLR@

u honestly said one of the dumbest things also.

"if this is a CB forum, hy talk about anime???" (i dont even find u worth quoting, sorry)

well~ here are the reasons...

- CB is in a sense ANIME related. Surprised? Dont be.

- Many and almost ALL forums have a "Unrelated to (whatever the forum is dedicated to) section/Hobbies section" u talk about all this forum ettiquette nonsense, but u over look a VERY common thing like that? (idc if it was an example. it was a HORRIDLY poor one)

- Finally. THE MODS own this forum. NOT YOU. and this goes RIGHT back to everything u keep crying about. They have the final say. you dont.

even other ppl are telling u to leave. Just leave.

in all honesty, i wouldnt be surprised if u end up getting ban'd for going on and on about this nonsense that no one cares about but u~ (especially for the rage ur giving everyone who talks to u.)

if u cant handle online ppl talking to u or disagreeing with u , then u might wanna just cancel ur internet service. the rage u threw at nova was completely not need'd and just shows how childish ur being. grow up or get back in the crib u fell and cried out of. Seriously. things will only get worse for u if u keep this going.

(also i hope a mod just locks this thread. things arent looking good in general and hez clearly not listening to anyone but himself.)
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 am

No need to lock any of this... Yet. There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind and throwing out your own opinions.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 am

Mayhem wrote:
There is nothing wrong with speaking your mind and throwing out your own opinions.
This is true. However, there is something wrong about presenting your ideas in such away that they could be interpreted as an attack against someone. Please remember to word your posts in a non-hostile manner. Forums can't function if respect is not present.

I look forward to seeing the new theme by Sean.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:26 am

therez gonna be a new theme?

i cant wait until i see it~ =3

i wont lie, i am gonna miss this one a lot and i hope the colors go together much better than this one~
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:37 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Words

Nice avatar you have there.
Back to top Go down
Dwlr
Dwlr

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:
So what you're saying is that if everybody jumped off a cliff you would to? That's good to know. Rolling Eyes You shouldn't because it's tacky, I've made banners for 7 different forumotion sites and not a one has some hideous "I have low self-esteem" mark on it. It does stick out, also wow just wow. I'm really fighting the urge to call you an idiot for thinking I meant it was literally neon. Rolling Eyes I don't care how you did it, but if I were to say I'd say the gradient you used was the steel gradient in the metallic subset on a clipping mask over rasterized text, yea I'm not impressed. Your title should be all the credit you need but if you think you're all so fired important that you need to keep credit you create a text based widget in the admin panel and place it below the forum on the structure map so yea you can do it if you knew anything about forumotion which I won't fault you for ignorance on that one.

If you didn't do it for the glory then let the theme stand without a giant stamp on it, you're trying to act like it was a self-less act but claiming credit like you are negates it and makes it for the "glory" as you put. Rolling Eyes

@NovaZero Re-read your post and the post you quoted and tell me why it's not even worth a response, however I will just to be 'nice'. The "Almighty Sean" decided that it's his sole decision as the omnipotent power to decide the content of every post on the forum, he deleted posts deeming them as unnecessary the 'extra' sections aren't necessary to a CB forum so I was asking the 'Almighty Sean' why he decided to let them stand when they have no prevalence to Cosmic Break. *Read before you respond. Rolling Eyes *

Just because I do do something someone else does doesn't mean I would do everything that they do. Now you're putting words in my mouth. And I made the whole theme, not just the banner. (As you said you made banners for 7 different forums) Most of the time when I make themes for people, such as themes for my friends MapleStory private servers, I never put in that thing at the bottom of a banner. But seeing as this is almost the official forum of a real game I thought it would be good.

Also earlier you mentioned something about the "GFX Team" group. That isn't for people who worked on the theme. It's for every GFX artist that wants to join. Such as Tigge wanted to join so I added him to it although he didn't work on the forum theme at all.

No I'm not actually you said yourself that alot of people do it so why shouldn't you. That's you following the crowd. Rolling Eyes So in otherwords because you think it's more official you wanted to be sure to claim credit for anything you do because you want everybody to suck up to you and say what a "wonderful' job you did? [sarcasm]Yeah you didn't do it for the glory at all.[/sarcasm]

It's a closed group as in it's not taking applications so if that's what the group is for then it's setup wrong. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Dwlr wrote:
No I'm not actually you said yourself that alot of people do it so why shouldn't you. That's you following the crowd. Rolling Eyes So in otherwords because you think it's more official you wanted to be sure to claim credit for anything you do because you want everybody to suck up to you and say what a "wonderful' job you did? [sarcasm]Yeah you didn't do it for the glory at all.[/sarcasm]

It's a closed group as in it's not taking applications so if that's what the group is for then it's setup wrong. Rolling Eyes

I didn't do it for the glory. I did it so people would know who did it. Quite frankly I think you're doing all of this to get attention to yourself.

And Admin made the group closed. If you look at the post about it...

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/news-f1/updatesnew-group-and-theme-added-t721.htm
Admin wrote:
If you wish to join the [GFX Team] you may pm Sean24. Razz

He made me the leader of the group so you have to PM me if you want to join.
Back to top Go down
Dwlr
Dwlr

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:

I didn't do it for the glory. I did it so people would know who did it. Quite frankly I think you're doing all of this to get attention to yourself.

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/news-f1/updatesnew-group-and-theme-added-t721.htm
Admin wrote:

And you're ignoring all the people who agree with me, yet you try to act like I'm still the only one who disagrees with your ego.

If I wanted to get attention for myself what would I gain exactly, or is it just a baseless attempt to make it seem as if I have an alterior motive?
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Dwlr wrote:
Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:

Admin wrote:

And you're ignoring all the people who agree with me, yet you try to act like I'm still the only one who disagrees with your ego.

If I wanted to get attention for myself what would I gain exactly, or is it just a baseless attempt to make it seem as if I have an alterior motive?

There are more people who don't care about it and people who like it, than there are people who want it taken off.
Back to top Go down
Dwlr
Dwlr

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:
Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:

Admin wrote:

There are more people who don't care about it and people who like it, than there are people who want it taken off.
There are more people dissatisfied with the current banner than said they liked it, and the group that doesn't care isn't on either side I count at least 4 against it, you don't count so how many have said they LIKED the tacky stamp. Not people that have made no comment about it not people who said they don't care, people who actually said they LIKED it?
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:26 pm

Dwlr wrote:
There are more people dissatisfied with the current banner than said they liked it, and the group that doesn't care isn't on either side I count at least 4 against it, you don't count so how many have said they LIKED the tacky stamp. Not people that have made no comment about it not people who said they don't care, people who actually said they LIKED it?

You might as well just drop this subject because I'm not taking it off. (Unless I change the theme. Which might happen if I get something confirmed.) So just deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Dwlr
Dwlr

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:

You might as well just drop this subject because I'm not taking it off. (Unless I change the theme. Which might happen if I get something confirmed.) So just deal with it.
So basically you're admitting you're a spoiled brat who has no self-esteem who refuses to listen multiple people in order to feel special, yea you're special alright special-ed.
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 3:44 pm

You know what, how about you LIST the people who have complained about sean's theme in one way or another. We'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Dwlr wrote:
Sean24 wrote:
Dwlr wrote:

So basically you're admitting you're a spoiled brat who has no self-esteem who refuses to listen multiple people in order to feel special, yea you're special alright special-ed.

No, I'm not a spoiled brat. You are blowing this way out of proportion. It's just a little take to get some credit for the work I did. What is so wrong with that. People get paid for what they do. It's not like I'm asking for money, just some credit. I don't see what's so wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Dokuro
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dokuro

Female Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:43 pm

So is the banner going to get smaller or what? It's not that hard to resize a banner yknow. Also don't dismiss people's legitimate complaints even if you think they're doing it to get attention.
Back to top Go down
Abyll

Male Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 5:48 pm

I think the banner is a big big, but you putting your name on it is fine. I like banners that are short and wide at the top, not a big picture that's in your face on every page.
Back to top Go down
113Kyote
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
113Kyote

Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Dokuro wrote:
So is the banner going to get smaller or what? It's not that hard to resize a banner yknow. Also don't dismiss people's legitimate complaints even if you think they're doing it to get attention.

Dwlr's complait shouldn't really be considered legitimate sense at this point he's just throwing a tantrum because someone qeustioned why the complaint was really that big of a deal and disagreed with him. In all honesty if someone's complaining just to get attention it's not a legitimate complaint. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Dokuro
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dokuro

Female Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 12:17 am

I think atleast a few other people had complaints, and the point is that even if you think he's doing it for attention that still doesn't make the main complaint illegitimate since it'd be reasonable to you if he used a different tone.
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 9:11 am

Dwlr wrote:
3) A suggestions area.
Reason: Convention is a big one, but I doubt everybody on this site finds it absolutely perfect in every single way, a suggestions board would allow for members to post what they think wouldbe possible improvements in which other members would be able to respond, discuss, and build upon. This would give a feel for popular opinion and might lead to some improvements the staff hasn't thought of.

One where the mods actually listen would be nice~
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 pm

For the fan-forum itself,
We need a better party theme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CB Fan-forum itself.   The CB Fan-forum itself. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The CB Fan-forum itself.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2