Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to the forum, but not to CB!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Youmu222
Newcomer
Newcomer

New to the forum, but not to CB! Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Hello everyone. My username in game is Youmu222 and I've been playing Cosmic Break since the first beta. I had a lot of good times and good memories with the beta (made 71 screenshots of the game on the final day to document all my robots that I had grown attached to). But now the full version is out, and instead of mourn the past I'd rather form new, fond memories of the official release!

That being said...I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to form any. I like some of the robots in garapon and the shop, and I'm really looking hard for justification to spend money on them...but thus far, I can't conceive them being worth the cost. No, this isn't going to be a QQ-about-the-prices post, so you can relax. It has to do with the potential for this game to grow dull on me.

My two favorite things in the beta were to design new robots, and play arena. I like taking the already-created robots and giving them my own twists, identities, and names. In essence, it was like roleplaying (which I enjoy doing), but...I never had anyone to roleplay with, so the entertainment value didn't last long. As for arenas, they are fun...for the most part. But one of the things that kept me grinding them in beta was the fact that if I got tired of my current commando, I had enough robots to outfit at least three or four others . So, I could easily switch up playstyles. To do that in this version would probably cost me a pretty penny...and at most I was only planning to buy 2-3 or so mechas, not nearly enough to shake things up completely when they get boring.

So...rather than quit the game, I'm looking for suggestions to keep my experience from growing stale. I don't know much that can be done to improve the entertainment value of arenas, but I don't think they really need to be improved anyway. For the roleplaying aspect...well...I'm quite self-conscious about my character designs so it's difficult to meet others that do that. But there are aspects of the game I've never tried, or not experienced much of. For example, I never tried Epoch Battle until yesterday.

For the most part, I haven't explored a whole lot of PvE aspects, but I have reasons. Missions don't seem to have much incentive to play aside from extra rank points. Am I wrong about that? And as for questing, I haven't beaten any of the bosses (except 1 star Haku). This is partly due to having no one to quest with. Most of the public games say things like "no noob" and I'm afraid to join and ask people about how to do the boss encounters. I'd also feel much more inclined to do them if I knew what they dropped, but haven't found any information on that yet.

Which brings me to another point. In other MMOs, I can easily research endgame stuff to work toward, so that it gives me more reason to keep playing. With Cosmic Break, I don't really know what I can get in the future, and even if I see something I want, I don't know where to get it. I assume this will change in the future (namely with people updating the Cosmic Break wiki), but in the short term I have very little to work toward. Buying everything I want right off the bat only further serves to make things boring.

...Anyway this post went on way longer than I expected. I guess I'm asking what other people do for fun in this game, and possibly looking for others to play with. I'm not interested in joining clans for the moment, but that could easily change. Regardless of if I buy Rt or not, I'll still be sticking with it for a while. So with that said, I look forward to playing with you all.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:29 am

Hello there Youmu! I belive that i ever see you in the game. Anyway, "Wolf" is my name, and i am the manager of the new members! I would like to welcome you here in the CB fan forum. Here we provide you the latest news from cosmicbreak EN, however. You need to be active and check it here more often. How about you check our legends at the home page and see if there is any of it you interested. ^w^

Anyway, enjoy your stay here in the forum! ^w^
And I hope to run into you in the actual game! And yeah.. my nickname in CBEN is LunaFaya. ^w^
Do u like Touhou?
And please to be polite to the others okay. ^w^
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:46 am

Hello, and welcome to forums. Hope to see you ingame XD.

Btw, the quests can be very entertaining, and help to save money, in terms of farming. In quest mode, you can find lots of good weapons, 3 slotted robot parts, cosmos items, accessories, and Uc (I think I'm missing some). To be honest, this is one of the only ways to make a RT capable bot, without using RT. It gets repetitive at times, but it's pretty fun to do with a team.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 am

welxome to the forums
Back to top Go down
RunOrDie
RunOrDie

Male Posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:47 pm

Join DOS ?
Back to top Go down
Youmu222
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I shall respond to your posts in order.

@Wolf Hikari
Thank you and I hope to see you in game too. Yes, I do like Touhou, hence the Youmu in my name (Youmu is my favorite touhou character, as if that wasn't obvious). I've been waiting for an opportunity to make a Youmubot in-game, just need to wait for them to release a mecha with the right hair style/color...

@Evilsmilez
Hmm I never really tried quest mode all that intently. Back during the first Beta, I ran my way through it to see how far I could get before game over, which was area 40 or 50 something. But that entire time, I was just running past all enemies, finding the key, then running to the exit. Obviously I didn't get a lot of drops. Maybe I should try it out some more.

@RunOrDie
Already joined WIZ. Smile I joined them in Beta and felt like keeping the tradition. I joined them in beta so I felt like keeping it up. Besides, I like the big Christmas tree...
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Youmu222 wrote:

@Wolf Hikari
Thank you and I hope to see you in game too. Yes, I do like Touhou, hence the Youmu in my name (Youmu is my favorite touhou character, as if that wasn't obvious). I've been waiting for an opportunity to make a Youmubot in-game, just need to wait for them to release a mecha with the right hair style/color...

Ah I see! ^w^
Call me Wolf only, but u can also treat me as Sakuya if u want.
And If I am not mistake... There is a couple of touhou bots in CB...

Let me see... AH!

Here!:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the forum, but not to CB!   New to the forum, but not to CB! Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum, but not to CB!
Page 1 of 1