Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amateus (The Best Art Ever)

Go down 
+11
TaeTae
ArcticFox
Midona
Ryoma
Vareluxe
NovaZero
Feign
Shin Majin
koi
KBTKaiser
gunzlinger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Amateus (The Best Art Ever) Empty
PostSubject: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 am

Yo, Ima let you finish, but Amateus is one of the best arts of all time... OF ALL TIME!

Hands down the most trollololol art ever created. Not only can it EASILY shoot down and stun airs with its tiny fire balls, but it also NUKES the shit out of anything with its core sub weapon as well as do some moderate damage with its big fire balls arms. I'll make a guide on this in a bit... For now, I'm busy playing with this beast!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:00 am

Mayhem wrote:
Yo, Ima let you finish, but Amateus is one of the best arts of all time... OF ALL TIME!

Hands down the most trollololol art ever created. Not only can it EASILY shoot down and stun airs with its tiny fire balls, but it also NUKES the shit out of anything with its core sub weapon as well as do some moderate damage with its big fire balls arms. I'll make a guide on this in a bit... For now, I'm busy playing with this beast!

Wish I had the money D:
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:13 am

I had a feeling something like this would happen. I finally got ONE ABR.
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:10 pm

additional note, mayhem.

Amateus sub weapon, when hitting, makes boosters leak charge(as a status), draining them faster. XD
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Destructor and his girl are still on top of my Personal Hate List.
Dodging fireballs is way easier than dodging a missile, and its sub weapon still have to hit me.
Fireballs don't stun my 10 TGH Seraph, btw.
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Great...is Amateus gonna be the new Ivis?
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 pm

Shin Majin wrote:
Nah, the new Sturbanger... Ivis still eats him for breakfast.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 12:54 am

Shin Majin wrote:
Hey. You guys asked for a "broken" ART, you guys get a "broken" ART.

Feign wrote:
Nah, the new Sturbanger... Ivis still eats him for breakfast.
On account that LND beats ART, and Amateus is an ART.
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:05 am

I most definitely never asked for a broken anything. I do wish Cyber Step would just nerf Ivis and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

ok just don't make this another ivis-ranting thread and stay on topic >.>
Back to top Go down
Ryoma
Ryoma

Male Posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:09 pm

Few questions with amateus

1. should i go with a shortboost + quickland build ?

2. if so would i need high wlk or high Fly tune up build?

3. The AM weapon tend to miss alot and the speed seems slow is there a way to use it efficiently or should i take it apart and just put some blast bazooka?

4.with the core's Sub weapon solar buster, do they just miss if the target too far away from you after hitting it?
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm

I bought it, and for now what I've noticed :
- Good damage output with double Amateus AM2. But since the missile-ball have a low-medium track, I won't advice trying quad Amateus AM2.
- Too much hp. He is ridiculously hard to kill for his mobility/raw damage output, and he have a good TGH (16 with double AM2, 18 basically).
- Weak against speed based bots. 30-40 FLY/WLK eat him.
- Sniper sight and "Fire all weapon while moving" customs
- AM2 and first core attack have 280-290 range, making him able to attack from far without move reduction (and even boost move, the AM1 and AM2 have nasty stats).
- Can survive during a LND rush, because of the stun of the missile ball and the Solar Buster (second core attack) auto movement. Anyway die against Ivis.
- Medium Capacity custom quadridge, with +7 hp and +70 Capacity for +20 cost.....

For now, I'm thinking about making him an harrasser, maxing out his FLY/TEC, and upgrading the range/speed of his AM2. It should look like :
- Wing plus AMJ x2
- Amateus AM2 with (Amateus AM2/Amateus AM1+Viper Shield/Amateus AM1+Ramjet Laucher)

And some suppose :
- Belong to me, the worth-maxing-out stats for him are Full TEC/Full WLK/Full FLY/Full TGH, or any mix of these stats. (boosting all of them in similar amount could be interesting).
- Quad arms Amateus should worth if you intend to play it TEC/TGH (-2 TEC but +3 TEC with AM2 and +1 TEC with AM1), especially because of Viper Shield which cover you well.

How to make a quick start with Amateus.
Buy a Viper Shield or a second Amateus AM2. You're done. If you're afraid to have problems with LND already, buy two Wing Plus AMJ.

Note : The Amateus parts have only 2 slot for tune ups.

"Few questions with amateus

1. should i go with a shortboost + quickland build ?
Due to the fact that gaycardjumpers make me really angry, I won't advise you that. Anyway it should work unless you play Quad arms (cost capacity....)

2. if so would i need high wlk or high Fly tune up build?
Both should work, but Amateus is a mini tank, so it's not an obligation.

3. The AM weapon tend to miss alot and the speed seems slow is there a way to use it efficiently or should i take it apart and just put some blast bazooka?
The missile balls are slow but turn well, so they touch well if enemy is flying in your direction. Anyway, there are way not as strong as usuals missiles., but unlike them, the AM tend to upgrade your mobility very well

4.with the core's Sub weapon solar buster, do they just miss if the target too far away from you after hitting it?
Basically, if the enemy is moving, the Solar buster won't touch, because the explosion preparation follow your aim, stop following it, and explode after a short time. And your enemy don't need a big amount of wlk/fly to avoid them. And you need to be close (100 range). But the Solar Buster do AOE damage, and hurt alot (the stats say 20, but I usually hurt for 40, and 60 on FLY guys). It's basically a campers killer. If you've sniper sight, you can easily kill a low HP ART and sneak off (I did sometimes a double on the enemy power spot). One time, I used it on a fleeing guy, and it exploded on everyone as he joined the power spot. No kill, but funny blast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:43 pm

^^^ I'll go ahead and say that's the temporary guide. I'm a little busy with other stuff right now so I'll just hold on on making my own for a few more days since that one is worthy for the time being.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 pm

I find the Nova Bomb a bit hard to use. Since it's possible to avoid the implosion by simply moving fast enough, you'll need support to get it to hit.

Shin Majin wrote:
I most definitely never asked for a broken anything. I do wish Cyber Step would just nerf Ivis and be done with it.
But there are people who have asked for one.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

For now I've 24 FLY, 22 TEC and 18 TGH with Amateus. (and 7 STR 7 WLK ._.), one speed bonus on AM2 and the result is pretty good. I'm still getting killed when a Ivis come, but I do alot of damage staying mid range. Now I can outrun a lot of others ART.
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am

So now we've got a broken bot for every class now & everyone is happy! Very Happy

Art - This guy (Though I've only been plucked outta the air by him one time total in 12-24 hours of arena play & still got away in the end... I'm still more weary of sturbanger than him.)
Lnd - Ivis
Air - Izuna Kamui (Her booster combined with stealth skills allow you to hover over an enemy infested power point the entire game & never get hit once as well as rake in 3k+ points without ever aiming... depending on the stage.)
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:06 am

ArcticFox wrote:
So now we've got a broken bot for every class now & everyone is happy! Very Happy

Art - This guy (Though I've only been plucked outta the air by him one time total in 12-24 hours of arena play & still got away in the end... I'm still more weary of sturbanger than him.)
Lnd - Ivis
Air - Izuna Kamui (Her booster combined with stealth skills allow you to hover over an enemy infested power point the entire game & never get hit once as well as rake in 3k+ points without ever aiming... depending on the stage.)

uh, never used Izuna Kamui. What are her greatness? ._.?
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:23 am

ArcticFox wrote:

Lnd - Ivis

Amateus is definately not broken. I have more trouble with destructor, than this new mech. It's explosion seems to always miss me if i just keep moving and missiles arent too big a threat compared to every other missile arts shoot.

I don't see how Izuna Kamui is broken either, she really isn't that great. Tengu BS is better than her BD skill and her tail wisps are over rated and over used. I don't know why so many airs even use it (some even equip 2).
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 am

Her booster part fires 4 highly accurate wisps that home in on a target without you ever having to aim or even get the red lock. You can give her 2 of these boosters for more ammo & hold 2 viper shields to make her harder to kill. As a side note, its also nice how she has both the stealth skill & sniper sight. (Though ber booster makes it so that you dont really need to get the red lock to hit a target & thus have a sorta psuedo sniper sight before lvl 9-10 if you avoid looking directly at a target & getting the red lock)

Also because you dont need to aim, you can kill a bot just by flying really tight circles above it. This makes you WAY harder to hit for the robot your flying over because your directly above them & even slightly behind them 50% of the time... thats why I tend to target most arts I see instead of running from them. (their bigger, slower & easier for the wisps to hit most of the time anyways Very Happy)

This thread made me buy this art just to try it. He was fun, but I still prefer sturbanger. I don't really think he's broken, I was kinda 1/2 joking when i listed those 3. Razz
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Belong to me, only Ivis is broken as a bot, like Card is broekn as weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Sorry guys, I've been switching Ama up every so often that I can't write a guide yet since I'm still testing different setups.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 7:40 pm

So cards is broken for Lnd... Ivis is a broken Lnd... Cost-wise Ivis can be low cost yet efficient killer right? Doesn't help that melee weapons tend to outdamage Air ranged weapons... and in some cases art weapons.

Ama is a close-but-not-broken-yet-lvl-art... Then again, having proper support works best for arts... and support types. Melee weakness is greatly amplified by the higher damage output of melee weapons. Doesn't help that higher mobility arts naturally have lower tough stat than their comrades.

Izuna isn't broken, period. Brickgale BS (both) can almost do the same thing. I don't use Tengu BS so no comment there. And speaking of BSes, there's also Shaden BS. Apparently Air relies on limited use BSes to get around. Oh yeah, and Izuna is quite... high cost base....er... core. And short of non-air exclusive (or almost) weapons, doesn't have much firepower... appears to fit the support definition in terms of offensive (raw) power.... Naturally low tough stat (usually) does not help much against either Lnd or Arts....

And that's just my opinion. Feel free to correct me.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Izuna has highly desired parts. Doesn't make her customizable.

'Sides, them Brickgales have a sexier insta-lift-off ability and sexier BS.
Back to top Go down
piroton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
piroton

Male Posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 am

NovaZero wrote:
Izuna has highly desired parts. Doesn't make her customizable.

'Sides, them Brickgales have a sexier insta-lift-off ability and sexier BS.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:18 am

I'll not do a guide, but I loved Amateus so much than I make it my most advanced bot. He's nearly finished (I've still a Wing plus to put off for some tune up).
Cost : 1275/1275

Stats :
STR : 9
TEC : 24
WLK : 6
FLY : 28
TGH : 18
HP : 435

Customs cartridges :
- Raise cost capacity x5
- Enhance internal weapon x2
- Shoort boost (instead of dashing, doing a little jump)

Total equipement :
I didn't change any part of the basic Amateus. There are enough convenient and strong to use them all. And I'm not running after the max stats.
Weapon 1 : Amateus AM2 (High Rapid beta)
Weapon 2 : Raid Rifle (Force)
One remaining Wing plus AMJ. I'll change it soon.

Used tune ups : Mostly High Boost Alpha/Beta/Gamma, and one High Technique Alpha

Wonder bit : mostly Sniping unit, sometimes Haku/Berze bits.

How I play it :
- Against a AIR, I usually use the raid rifle while jumping (the AM2 is too slow to use it as a selected weapon), and sometimes I jump while activating Fire all weapons. Nothing to say, AIR don't bother me unless they use Power shooter or Shaden booster. I've some difficulties to touch the 40-like FLY guys, but their lack of power make the fight balanced.
- Against a LND, well, if it's not an ivis or a Card hooper, I avoid the hits with my FLY speed (usually enough even against Ouka combos). My TGH help me a lot to not get stunned too much. Usually, when the LND unit is a mid-close range (from a failed attack usually), I fire all weapon. Usually they don't come again (2 second of fire all ~200 hp out). If it's Ivis or a card hooper, I just flee as fast as I can, hoping my team will help me out.
- Against others ART, humm, depending. For moving ART like Lily rain or another Amateus, it's usually a balanced fight. The raid rifle allowed me to win a lot of 1vs1 in speed ART fight. For heavy ART, I harrass then with Nova missile or raid rifle, and solar buster/Ama' AM2 stunnish combo when they are low hp.
- Against a SUP, I tend to focus them as they usually have a repair bit. Nothing really original, I jump while firing all weapon, and cie. I especially focus the Bugsycait arm users, as I don't really care about losing Solar bust, and I know how then can be annoying for our LND units.
- In a balanced team vs team. I use often AM2 as a selected weapon, and my first aim priority is LND>FLY>SUP>ART. My bot tend to be really good in heavy ART cover, so I focus LND first to be sure they will not annoy our ART too much. Then come the FLY guys, obviously. Then the SUP, to make them step back (reduce Winberll/Bugsygait problems). The ART are my last priority, because it's not my role, and ARTs don't make the fights when the LNDs and the FLYs fall.

I like to play against :
- Sturbanger. Not because of any kind of advantage or whatever, high Speed mid power vs medium speed high power make balanced fights, but because fighting these bots is all epic and make beautiful ranged fights.
- Lily Rain, for the same reason than Sturbanger
- Winberll. Snare me, oh, you're already dead !
- Gwyan. Pure rape usually as gwyan have high power but low speed or high speed but low power. I never lose against it.
- Any kind of chibi bot. Killing them is sooooooooo grateful ! (gnéhéhéhé)

I like to play with :
- Lily rain or Sturbanger. 2 moving art is marvelous, and a heavy/light art duo is always epic (humm, not really against two ivis unfortunately).
- Bugsycait. his shields, his move speed, his disable-sub arm. I like all of that so much !
- Winberll. I like play with her sooooooooooooo much. Killing a snared ivis just doing Fire all weapon while laughing at her smalls weapons is soooooo grateful.

Hope it will give some ideas for new Amateus players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amateus (The Best Art Ever)   Amateus (The Best Art Ever) Empty

Back to top Go down

Amateus (The Best Art Ever)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next