Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o

Go down 
+7
Astral_Dono
Strykerr
Hyoka
Stickboy
fggt
Trill
SmileBrush
11 posters
AuthorMessage
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 am

nobody uses them. are they THAT bad? Surprised how are the combos like?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:07 am

Milez (aka Malphes) used Squealer AM2 fairly decent. It's attacks are on the slow side, but deals good damage. Note that the combo speeds up drastically if you hit something.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:13 am

Its style is somehow like Kuten's kick except it has larger range and horrible slash speed and huge delay(the speed will increase when it touch enemy), not worth that cost.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:26 am

4 hit combo. Last combo is a heavy smash, and will stay like that for a while. ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:55 am

Milez uses builds that are non-mainstream and unique however despite this he manages to play well. How he manages to be a good player with troll builds is a bit beyond me, but nevertheless he's a good player, and a cool bro with a good story to tell.

Go ask him about RS AM2, you'll be amazed.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:53 am

Trill wrote:
Milez (aka Malphes) used Squealer AM2 fairly decent. It's attacks are on the slow side, but deals good damage. Note that the combo speeds up drastically if you hit something.

Underlined part is not entirely correct

The sword collision detection must connect with the enemy in a certain way to speed up

I don't remember perfectly but the sword must visually make contact with the enemy or something. Sometimes the enemy could be at the furthest end of your reach, get hit and you won't speed up.
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:44 am

LXE wrote:
Milez uses builds that are non-mainstream and unique however despite this he manages to play well. How he manages to be a good player with troll builds is a bit beyond me, but nevertheless he's a good player, and a cool bro with a good story to tell.

Go ask him about RS AM2, you'll be amazed.

If I can find him TT ^TT

but thanks everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 am

No problem. Now I wondered why is this thread here. ._.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 am

Only way to make the sword better is to quad wield it. Once you have 4 of the arms in a combo, the speed of the arm is extremely fast making it possible to actually use it. If you don`t do this, then its just a waste of an arm.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:14 am

Strykerr wrote:
Only way to make the sword better is to quad wield it. Once you have 4 of the arms in a combo, the speed of the arm is extremely fast making it possible to actually use it. If you don`t do this, then its just a waste of an arm.
Dat cost though... >_>

On-topic: Moved to the correct section.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 am

when you quadwield the arm, it would end after using the first combo, since the combo of the weapon itself ends in a combofinisher
not like you would find a bot able to carry 960 cost just in armaments to even be able to try it, so yeah

on a side note, the squealer sword also is an impact weapon and with this ignores enemy shielding
comboing into squealer sword is a littlebit unique, as in the sword will do a nice attack (not its finisher) but is still as slow as when you would use it normaly
the good thing about comboing is, it will be sped up if your initial combo managed to hit in a way that the sword would speed up when used solo

the problem with its combo when used solo is:
IT IS INTIALLY FUCKING SLOW, if used solo, a landunit that is walking backwards from you will not be hit by it (assuming none of both is lagging)
if you finish the combo (read: the jump smash to the ground) it will knock back enemys, since knockbacks are not working against specific builds (hi most vanguard builds, damn midgets arent knocked back) this is a double edged sword, since you will be in your finishing "pose" quite some time - effectivly you shouldnt end the combo if you are not 100% sure that you will knockback your enemy

oh, that brings me to another interesting point on that weapon, the combofinisher causes an eruption animation on the ground, people walking into this energy eruption are hit and knocked back, even when the attack didnt even hit them ... which also has the downside that the attack itself either seems to not work at all, or is set up so the attack itself IS the energy eruption (thats a bad thing)

in the end, it is and will stay a niche (no, i did NOT misspell "nice", i really meant niche) weapon tailored to be used as defender against SHIELDED fatlands, rushing your team
if you want to fight ANYTHING else, use a different weapon

i mean, you dont see it around often, the few people you see using it are decently managing it...

... however, this is mostly because their enemys are not used to the weapons properties (because you rarely fight one, you can hardly learn to handle an enemy that uses it), but it wont take long for people to figure out that you can dodge it by backpaddling when they encounter it a few times

for me, it is like the biggest turn of in CB
it is without a doubt the most interesting LL-Melee weapon in the game that is not locked to the core and they managed to make it nearly unusable
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 am

If you use a melee weapon with three clicks in its combo followed by RS AM2, you'll get an instant eruption finisher. It works, but you still get the damn delay at the end which is not the greatest idea.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Quote :
they managed to make it nearly unusable
i think you're just using it wrong

allow me to make a list of times on when to use this:

1. when an enemy is flying away from you and they eventually land (be quick on this one)
2. just before someone gets into your range (you'll actually swing the sword once they get in range)
3. when you pass a corner with someone chasing you, you can go ahead and start the attack and they'll walk right into it
4. ^ if you pass a corner and the chaser is a low flying air (or you're entering a tunnel, but i haven't tested this. i'm not responsible for any failed tunnel escapes.), your jump attack will hit them. i actually killed a low health crim this way.
5. don't start fights with things like vangaurds, kutens, or anything that attacks quickly until you are very confident in what you're doing

HOW THE BOT HOLDING IT SHOULD BE BUILT:

1. mobility first. i don't care if your str is total shit, you won't be able to use this unless your bot is very fast.
2. tgh second. you want to not be stunned on your first swing, getting stunned on the final hit isn't an issue as the pose makes you unstunnable (could be abused by cveil and stun regain?)
3. either str or hp third, i personally would say hp over str as your bot will inevitably be very large and it will get hit a lot during that final animation. while the sword is high force, you have to realize that it's only as much force as the original red squealer arm, which is 32.
4. try to put shields on him where possible, byne hn arms, vipers, kshield, whatever. you're going to need a lot of damage soaking to survive your mistakes when you simply can't get out fast enough unscathed.

suggested core: cyclotes, mighty byne if you're willing to tune the hell out of him for it, daed
cyclotes has 20wlk by default and iirc it has boost run level 1, which puts it at a very nice speed early on, byne's got a shield on his core, and daed is just well, daed. his 15str 15wlk 15tgh core puts him at nice levels for all three of the stats you'll need, and his hp is very nice for the work you're doing with him. if i had to make tiers for what you'd use of these three, it'd be

1. daed
2. cyclotes
3. byne

but personal preference > my opinyan

HOW 2 TUNE IT:

i seriously have no idea. i've been thinking maybe grappler series, but glads also sounded nice in my head so your lunge can make you go further. the status tunes wouldn't be half bad but i really wouldn't advise them.

the general mindset of rs am2 is to bait people into attacks. i will admit it is entirely possible to go onto the offensive with squealer sword, it's a bit of a dangerous move, but it can be worth it (don't make me mention how many of my frags came from people float dashing away from me and getting caught by the very tip of the sword's edge, it's physical size is an unmentioned perk and it makes a huge difference.)

also it's pretty badass on epoch defense. i threw three alphags away from the ps at once (one of them being xid Embarassed), with this in mind it could also be good on offense if you can get someone to cover you on the way to the ps, depending on the map (dear GOD don't do it on the map where you have to go up a huge hill to get to it, save yourself the trouble.)

pm me for anything else you need.

~Dunkmaster
Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o A9D6DD0C61F6F79AAC162DAC7E457EF3CDF96CCB
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 pm

so, you are saying that you need an enemy that doesnt know how the weapon works because else you couldnt bait him into attacking you

how exactly is that a difference to what i wrote -.-
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:42 pm

You mentioned it about once. While Malphes went into great detail on how to use it.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 pm

i'm pretty sure you have to get close to me if you're going to melee me. regardless of whether or not you want to be baited by the sword, you're still going to be used like a tool. in the end it doesn't matter whether you know what i'm trying to do or not, you can't melee me unless you go into my horrible rape radius (which is much bigger than the range of every other melee weapon, by the way, bar possibly domiclown arms.)

to go ahead and throw some salt in there, like someone else has said, the sword is an impact type weapon. your shields won't save you either. there's really no way to protect yourself against the rs sword once it gets you, except probably wb dodging, but that just sets you up to get hit again, so actually that won't save you either. (trust me, so many people think it will and they end up sitting in front of me like an idiot while i start my combo up again)

Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:33 pm

the only thing that is something specific for this weapon is:

Quote :
2. just before someone gets into your range (you'll actually swing the sword once they get in range)

which also stands in heavy conflict with:

Quote :
the general mindset of rs am2 is to bait people into attacks.

both is correct, and both is the reason why this weapon is bullshit (well, actually, if its niche would be bigger, it would have SOME use)

----------

on a side note:

malphes wrote:

to go ahead and throw some salt in there, like someone else has said, the sword is an impact type weapon.

yeah, me
im also nice enough to tell you that the finisher of the combo fails the impact part from time to time

malphes wrote:

regardless of whether or not you want to be baited by the sword, you're still going to be used like a tool.

what if i decide to use my 15 cost handgun instead or just go ahead and walk away ?

aaaaanyways, since you actually use it (and propably alot more often than i do) i have a question for you:
i have it sometime that the last attack has a major delay between attackhit and damage dealt (same for the eruption)
think, like one to one and a half second which is funny when it happens, but extremely annoying when it occurs more often (seeing as it gives your enemy a window of opporturnity and results in taking unneccessary damage)
you experienced that problem ?
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:38 pm

shit weapon is shit.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:42 pm

Quote :
i have it sometime that the last attack has a major delay between attackhit and damage dealt (same for the eruption)
think, like one to one and a half second which is funny when it happens, but extremely annoying when it occurs more often (seeing as it gives your enemy a window of opporturnity and results in taking unneccessary damage)
you experienced that problem ?
i really can't say anything on this since the servers are being shitty atm. it could simply be that but i don't really recall getting that much.

Quote :
what if i decide to use my 15 cost handgun instead or just go ahead and walk away ?
Laughing

you seriously fucking think it works that way? no way in hell. anyone smart is going to pump mobility first, and this isn't even something unique for rsam2, since mobility first applies to everything. i don't feel the need to point out that backpedaling is really fucking slow as well. even if you were to try and kite someone with the handgun, you'd have a good 480+ health to work through. have fun being useless to your team.
"1. mobility first. i don't care if your str is total shit, you won't be able to use this unless your bot is very fast."
Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o Fa0wm

Quote :
shit weapon is shit.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:39 pm

i noticed that, if you use heavy jaguar hd with the RS am2, you can spam the hd faster while being in the air, just short-boost or jump, and use the hd.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 pm

you see, the problem with red squealer arm isnt the speed of your bot, its the speed of your offense
you are basically forced to react to the enemy while you need to act earlier than your enemy

the weapons concept is totally screwed up at that point

basically, backpaddeling is fucking slow, just as you said, but it IS fast enough to evade the swords attack
this means, it doesnt really matter if you will catch me or not, because if i DONT backpaddle, you will pretty much not hit me (unless lag comes into play of course, which outside of teamfights is in your favor right now)

i also dare to throw the comment with being useless for my team right back at you, if you actually try to kill me while i shoot you with a handgun, since like i said, your niche are SHIELDED fatlands (i wrote that before, didnt i? ;D )

as much as i hate rinrins generalizing statements, i have to agree to a certain extend with rinrin in this special case
the design of the weapon is not thought through by the devs, you cannot make a weapon that requires you to act proactive and reactive at the same time, it just doesnt work

to the jaguar AM headbut: if you correctly land a hit with it, and combo into the squealer am, it will do a SPED UP swing (not the finisher) (< i think thats something worth to note)
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Quote :
i also dare to throw the comment with being useless for my team right back at you, if you actually try to kill me while i shoot you with a handgun, since like i said, your niche are SHIELDED fatlands (i wrote that before, didnt i? ;D )
unless you're faster than orange tier boost run, you won't be able to kite for shit. RIP

also who are you to say that rsam2's niche is shielded fat lands rofl, as if you can face off against half of the fat lands out there with rsam2

here's how most melee fights with rsam2 goes, assuming you actually fight them head to head:
you get the first hits in, you eventually get overrun by the other enemy, and you die

cool niche bro

Quote :
backpaddeling is fucking slow, just as you said, but it IS fast enough to evade the swords attack
p. sure it's not

Quote :
you see, the problem with red squealer arm isnt the speed of your bot, its the speed of your offense
you are basically forced to react to the enemy while you need to act earlier than your enemy

the weapons concept is totally screwed up at that point
how dare i have to think while meleeing

Quote :
because if i DONT backpaddle, you will pretty much not hit me
wat

regardless you're convincing me that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about more than anything. all of these things you're saying are empty baseless claims or outright random shit you're pulling out of your ass to try to prove a nonexistant point
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:02 pm

yeah, if anything, it's a sword that actually needs you to put effort, instead of going herpderp easywin
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 pm

I still find it efficient to use RS BD and cartstep straight at them.

Takes those kshield + insert weapon here builds by surprise every time. And it gets you where the sword is most efficient: Their face (or rather, the only place it is efficient)

Oh, you can also use the shockwave on the jump attack (finisher) to kill cactus without getting hit, lol.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Oh, you can also use the shockwave on the jump attack (finisher) to kill cactus without getting hit, lol.
you can just attack the cactus like normal if you stay a bit back rofl

same deal with daemon mace HUE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o   Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have info on Red Squealer AM2? :o
Page 1 of 1