Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Squealer AM2

Go down 
+11
DavidRain
Kitouski
Intet
xzpwnz
fggt
Asagi-san
Hyoka
Courius
NotZetsubou
Fireflywater
mechaRev
15 posters
AuthorMessage
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

got one today from DX gara
before you try to dismiss me with a simple *Feed it to crim* or *Derp, NO, USE BB AM5 OR BC AM!*
i ask you, is there anyway i can make this AM work?
i know the attack sucks, and its pretty slow
but i don't want to feel like i wasted 40RT
just a simple build or something that can make the weapon seem less sucky
it's not like im always going to use it, just the ocasional use in arena.
thanks for your time, i really apreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I assume not alot of people here know how to use it. Which is why they say it sucks. That said, I don't know how to use it because I don't have one. Anyway. Try tactics found on other builds using it as a finisher. How does Squealer AM -> AM2 suffice? How does Squealer BD -> AM2 suffice? How does K-Rapier -> AM2 suffice? and so forth.

First order if business, experiment. Then come back when you're stumped, bored, or taking a break.
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:34 pm

i only found it use in its jump attack. beside that it too slow to hit anything that already saw you.(unless they are bad player/Red Sq Am2 user is lag)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 pm

how the atk animation of that arm? like daedalian sword ?
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:39 pm

I've used it for awhile, so this is how it works:

If the arm physically hits the target, the combo speeds up.

Thus, getting the first hit is everything when using it. It's just too slow otherwise.

(If you're using Cartridge Step, the combo speeds if you collide with the opponent)
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 am

The thing about Red Squealer AM2 is that it's very dependent on its hits registering. If you miss, you're just seen as a huge feed to enemies around you, and if you (God forbid) MISS the last hit, you are left with an incredibly long lag time where you are frozen in place, unable to defend yourself. So all in all, DON'T miss your shots - I cannot emphasize that enough.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 am

The AM's attack style is almost same as Kuten kick(or i should say kuten kick is same as this) except it's very slow. Combo: left-right-up(bring u to air)-down. The final combo make u stand for a while like B.C, so use the AM with other wp and end at 2nd or 3rd combo is best choice.

Note:
- final slash does little knock-back.
- the AM wont combo in mid-air and will do final slash instead.

So i think one usefull build is: Dae BD, max tgh with stun regain, K-shield, hop and slash down.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 am

Way too slow
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 am

Yah it's just too sluggish to use seriously. Comparing it to other weapons you can see it lags behind, and would still be slow if you tuned gladiators all the way.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 am

Intet wrote:
Yah it's just too sluggish to use seriously. Comparing it to other weapons you can see it lags behind, and would still be slow if you tuned gladiators all the way.
I dunno man, 355 cost is pretty affordable too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Male Posts : 157

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am

Kitouski wrote:
Intet wrote:
I dunno man, 355 cost is pretty unaffordable too.

Fixed.
Its a Large sword like daedalian BC arm just use red squelers cart step to HIT the target(fat art preferably) then combo into the sword and take hits like BC arm then rinse and repeat. If you have K-sheild like me use it,this helps with surviving after the hit. But if you prefer a better chance to hit because you're afraid to miss use the RS am. Just don't attack lands you don't have OMFG push back to save your ass like BC. Its an okay weapon when you have space to cart step.
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:06 am

@DavidRain

Just wondering, but do you know what sarcasm is?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 am

Intet wrote:

Gladiator doesn't raise slash speed o_o
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 am

its a niche weapon

its designed to fight shielded L-Lands that try to run amok in your own team

and even to do that you need to be really good at using it
right now you can also see it as a bonus that you dont see them used much and thus no one has practice fighting against it

its big problem is its speed, no matter if comboed or not, the first strike is always slow as hell

read: it can be countered by walking backwards, yes really, this means you need to learn how to bring in your slash when the enemy cannot walk back anymore
also: jump attack cannot be interrupted, use it

personally i think its way to costy for a niche weapon
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:20 am

nzlk wrote:
@DavidRain

All I did was edit a typo?
Sorry I was rude, peace offering, was not in good mood yesterday. But I really thought it was a typo.

Regarding the uninterupted jump attacks, just tested it. It works highly recomended, just use short boost. Great Gladiator does increase the slash speed but the intervals between them is still the same.
Eg:(Distance traveled by said weapon is affected by range, time taken to reach the said weapons range/distance is affected by speed and the lagg between slashes and recharge time is affected by interval.)

@Shaftronics does an overwatch really have to be sarcastic for a gut who's asking for advise?

Last edited by DavidRain on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:37 am

DavidRain wrote:
nzlk wrote:
@DavidRain

WTF is your prob? All I did was edit a typo? Freakig troll, go derail another topic, if you don't have any advise STFU.

Regarding the uninterupted jump attacks, just tested it. It works highly recomended, just use short boost. Great Gladiator does increase the slash speed but the intervals between them is still the same.
Eg:(Distance traveled by said weapon is affected by range, time taken to reach the said weapons range/distance is affected by speed and the lagg between slashes and recharge time is affected by interval.)

David, what's YOUR problem?

That was NOT a typo.

Quote :
Sarcasm is a way of speaking in which what is said is the opposite of what is meant.

355 cost is NOT affordable. Which is why he somewhat made a sarcastic remark, if not jibe, on the people who might think its a good idea by being sarcastic.

He wasn't even being remotely rude, compared to your STFU.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:35 am

Edited, sorry man, didn't really want to troll was just in bad mood. I appologise, really tought it was a typo like, when someone types really fast or auto-correct on mobile devices like what I'm using now.
P.S. Was the sarcasm THAT obvious? It looked like a typo to me. D:
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Yeah the sarcasm was pretty obvious so long as you were familiar with the game. If you weren't, well then, shaft educated there pretty hard.

Also, don't diss on kit (gratz shaft on getting promoed to OW tho), he's one of the few members of Overwatch that doesn't think trolling is actually part of the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Squealer AM2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Squealer AM2   Red Squealer AM2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Squealer AM2
Page 1 of 1