Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka

Go down 
+6
piroton
NovaZero
mata4
Vareluxe
FenixStryk
gunzlinger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka Empty
PostSubject: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm

So, post your ideal build for quest mode here.
I use 3 Air's with Nano MG's.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Quest Mode, from my experience, is about longevity and dealing damage safely. To me, that crosses Land and Support off the board immediately.

Air vs. Art is arguable. Art has access to more weapons and many of them have quite a bit of range for their damage. That said, I think the mobility of Air types outweighs that.

When I was new, I had two Crimroses and a completely useless third slot in my commando. Each one only had a Wide Beam Gun and a Pulse Gun. Even with just that, I was able to make it to 125 by farming every room for Attack/HP cards for 9:30.

Don't take risks and aim for efficiency. Your greatest asset is damage per ammo.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:17 am

FenixStryk wrote:
Quest Mode, from my experience, is about longevity and dealing damage safely. To me, that crosses Land and Support off the board immediately.

Air vs. Art is arguable. Art has access to more weapons and many of them have quite a bit of range for their damage. That said, I think the mobility of Air types outweighs that.

When I was new, I had two Crimroses and a completely useless third slot in my commando. Each one only had a Wide Beam Gun and a Pulse Gun. Even with just that, I was able to make it to 125 by farming every room for Attack/HP cards for 9:30.

Don't take risks and aim for efficiency. Your greatest asset is damage per ammo.

agreed to this, but I suppose it'll be more awesome if you can add land units like ivis/ouka/land bots. There's in certain area which boss shoots out art weapons that damaged 40 blah blah to crimrose [personal experience]
just that I guess

And to keep the topic, I say, I'm using Ouka, Crimrose, Ivis.

Crimrose use Cross Shooter on both hand. For Ivis, use guns that has range of 200++ to deal with air enemy robots.
Back to top Go down
mata4
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 am

Based on my experience....it's better to have all air units in your command. And equipped with weapon that a lot of ammo.

In an area, there's a blue gate that's impossible to reach with LND and ART units....it makes me frustrate >_<
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:57 am

mata4 wrote:
In an area, there's a blue gate that's impossible to reach with LND and ART units....it makes me frustrate >_<
This is definitely a good reason to go Air or go home. I hadn't considered it before, but these zones are a lot harder to traverse without the added Boost height/duration, to the point where you will inevitably reach a zone that is nearly impossible to complete as non-Air due to layout alone.

Air units have the mobility and Beam weapons (particularly Beamgun and Blaster types) tend to be ammo efficient. Arts have the power, but is that extra power/ammo worth sacrificing such a huge amount of mobility? Mobility is your lifeblood, because HP/Toughness won't last forever. I don't think non-Air can be justified from a min/max perspective.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:13 am

Pretty much what the others are saying. LND will have a hard time traversing the terrain and ART will just be huge targets. AIR or bust.
Back to top Go down
piroton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
piroton

Male Posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 am

Personally, I don't think that using LND types are all that bad - I use a Blazed Baron with Rage MG and Shino Exroad AM2 and it works wonders. Also, I equip the Shino LG to place a bit more of a safeguard. This is coupled with 2 Hartigarms which have Lancelot AM3 (I think. The one with the lance and pistol) on both hands. This safely makes it past almost every region but volcano. Without losing a life.

But my current configuration is 3 AIR types.
One heavily-modified (going for STR-TEC) Raystag with Buster Gatling and Combination Dagger,
One heavily-modified (going for TEC-FLY) Mecha Jetter with Buster Gatling and Combination Dagger Mod,
One (once again) heavily-modded (TEC-TGH-FLY-STR) Crimrose with Power Shooter and Combination Dagger.

In my experience, combination daggers work wonders on more than just Haku. They work really, really well against the clustered groups of Arkantus. The Buster Gatlings/ Power Shooter is just for the sake of eliminating the slightly smaller/ huge bosses/monsters.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:58 am

seraph with 2 rage machineguns can fire rapidly and evade the entire 10 min and still have tons of ammo left
thats what i use if im not experimenting something new
forgot to mention that even 1 rage machinegun has enough ammo so feel free to equip shield or sum other wep if ya want instead other 1 XD
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 am

rage machine gun=close range = not suitable with low TGH bot such as seraph =.=
Back to top Go down
shissachan
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
shissachan

Female Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 am

Grab a Pulsardio. Take off it's legs and give it Domiclown Jo's legs. Replace it's arms with Shino Exroad's. Replace it's head with Red Squealer. Give it two fire rods and you've made a quest god. Best. Trolling. Quest bot. EVER.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:07 am

From my experience, AIR without a even little microscopic doubt. I've been at Aera 82 without particular build, and missing a lot of boost items (I was thinking once you reached five star bonus, they couldn't cap anymore, so I missed a lot of bonus).

ART, well, big joke when the enemies hit you at 400+, you'll become surcharged the first, firepower or not. And lack of moving obviously.
LND, same reason with close combat. You'll die the first at a certain part.
SUP, basically FLY without flying capacity. They have around the same firepower. So it don't worth taking it.

For the weapons, I would advise weapons with medium/high range and decent ammo. A double handy bazooka is just for me the best dual. Even with a little lack of ammo, the AOE kill sometimes 2-3 enemies in a shot. And if it's not enough in ammo, just tune it up for supply (basic), it cost nearly nothing.

Weapons I wouldn't advise :
Spread weapons : yes, good against key-boss mobs, but run out of ammo really toooooo fast.
Laser : not enough range usually.
Machine gun : same reason
Close combat : are you suicidary?
Throw weapons : lack of range.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:06 am

shissachan wrote:
Grab a Pulsardio. Take off it's legs and give it Domiclown Jo's legs. Replace it's arms with Shino Exroad's. Replace it's head with Red Squealer. Give it two fire rods and you've made a quest god. Best. Trolling. Quest bot. EVER.
fire rods, you mean homura's staff?
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 am

I think he's speaking about the fire rod from Garapon.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:13 am

Mesil wrote:
I think he's speaking about the fire rod from Garapon.

alright ._.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 am

I don't find domiclown LG that "effective" in any sense.

What stat are we trying to stack here?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka   Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideal Build for Quest Mode - Arcantus and Ouka
Page 1 of 1