Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toybox Build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 pm

well, i had questions on sturbanger but since there's a sturbanger topic on this page i'll ask if THIS build works for toybox:

Spoiler:

now, for some "why the f**k didn't you X?" questions:

"Why the berry earrings?"
i chose them for the 1 more wlk even though i lose 1 tec that i could gain with say an ace of hearts earring
"why not tune it completely"
well, because in my experience second or third tunes don't tend to work very well and i don't have slot protectors, tune chance boosts and other stuff.
"Why not use more RT parts?"
because i'm short on rt and... yeah. i know thoarla lgs would have been better but no rt for it.
"why didn't you tune for fly instead? it makes for a better survivability"
i know and i could have gotten it to 25-26 fly and it would have been great but it has boost run and no short boost so i thought it might work better.

any which way i'm gonna need 50 rt which i do not have so if you're in the mood to give, i'm right here...

please post better builds that don't use any sort of rt other than buying the bot itself. or heavy tuning.

thank you for your attention.

EDIT: what fuk, rly, this post has been soaking for 2.5h and not ONE post. 25 views tho, that's a good thing. srsly how come no one is answering ANY of my posts?
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 4:59 pm

>long flag bsj

>large bazooka
>high run alpha
._.

edit: also, 2.5 hours is short.

Last edited by Rinrin on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Rinrin wrote:

>long flag bsj
>large bazooka
>high run alpha
._.

yaaaay a post

i didn't tune the bazooka itself and i have no intention to. so i just took the bazooka and used one of its slots for a mobility tune since i wont rapid tune it.

edit: u added long flag

its for teh looks. nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:05 pm

amscray wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

>long flag bsj
>large bazooka
>high run alpha
._.
i didn't tune the bazooka itself and i have no intention to. so i just took the bazooka and used one of its slots for a mobility tune since i wont rapid tune it.
but it nids rapid tunes ._.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Rinrin wrote:
amscray wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

>long flag bsj
>large bazooka
>high run alpha
._.
but it nids rapid tunes ._.

but i never needed it :O it hits anyways

also, what if i use a NORMAL bazooka. as in Bazooka. not handy, no nothing. Bazooka.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 pm

I'd atleast attempt trying to get 2s tunes on some of your parts, especially when they're all 100% UC. I also think that Toybox is so fat using a Viper Sheild is the equivalent of using a Buckler on Daedalian. I'd suggest a Cheer Pom instead.
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm still a noob and all but i'd say all bazookas need rapid tunes bro. You won't hit fast airs without it.

Also i'd run UC gara and get 3 slot accel saber items and 3 slot viper shields. i've got like 7 of them ready for tuning, the accel saber slots are all LGs for me though. I NEVER GET THE REST OF THE PARTS T_T.

if you can't afford boosters the parts can be backups. if more than two slots fail on your 3 slot items.

Also i agree with the above statement, its not worth using the viper shield, i'd grab a weapon for enemies who get up in your grill (lol snailbot), like an eight-vulcan or something (although it takes four WLK away)
Although i do wonder, toybox is fun, i'd love to know if this build works as well xD

and if you need RT, you can go do surveys. I've made a good amount all from it (try super rewards, they have the best surveys)
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm

@ Trill ok, got that but doesn't like the shield HELP at least? isnt it better than nothing?

@ugonna erm, i DO have 3s parts. i just said it's harder to do a second or third tune on the part. u sure you read my post right?
EDIT: vulcans? no. just, no. bazooka is fine for close range aswell.

also, for surveys, i can't do them because of racism. no one wants to know what my country thinks so all the surveys say "There are no surveys available in your country" so...derp.

and you saying they wont hit fast airs: my destructor has managed to kill seraphs with wings on and whateverelse with 40 fly. no rapid tunes. it's fine. all you have to do is get a little lucky and instead of rushing in, backline.

no one has told me, is the original build actually GOOD? also, Trill what parts would you recommend? maybe i can rip a bs off of my destructor since it does fine anyways or something. just... tell me maybe i have the parts already.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:34 pm

I'd avoid 8-Vulcan on an art, especially on Toybox. His fly/wlk stats are already horrid.

I'd honestly suggest a fly-based build on Toybox. He gains the advantage when up high verses airs, and is protected from melee lands aswell.

Assuming Walkbased:

Hoverion AM, Destructor BS, Katana Max LG, Accel Saber HD.

I dont particularly enjoy walkbased because no matter what you do, Toybox will forever be slow.

Flybased: Destructor BS, Katana Max LG, Accel AM, Accel Saber HD/Mach Knight HD2

28 FLY is a nice range to get him to, and is much more cost efficient considering you can nuke Str.

You should be able to get 2 tunes on atleast 2-3 parts, and if not you can always buy them during bazaar.

I really would suggest Rapid tuning that Large Bazooka, as it is your only weapon(I'm not even going to include his core for obvious reasons), and you need to make it the best you can.

On my toybox I personally ran flybased: Mach Knight HD2, Air Raider AM ( or Maril Am/ Accel AM), Thoarla LG, Maril BS (0s one from event), and Grandum BS.

34 fly, accel roll, perch up high and spam Grandum, Large Zook/LL Bulk Blast for close range airs or seraphs.
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:21 pm

amscray wrote:
@ Trill ok, got that but doesn't like the shield HELP at least? isnt it better than nothing?

@ugonna erm, i DO have 3s parts. i just said it's harder to do a second or third tune on the part. u sure you read my post right?
EDIT: vulcans? no. just, no. bazooka is fine for close range aswell.

also, for surveys, i can't do them because of racism. no one wants to know what my country thinks so all the surveys say "There are no surveys available in your country" so...derp.

and you saying they wont hit fast airs: my destructor has managed to kill seraphs with wings on and whateverelse with 40 fly. no rapid tunes. it's fine. all you have to do is get a little lucky and instead of rushing in, backline.

no one has told me, is the original build actually GOOD? also, Trill what parts would you recommend? maybe i can rip a bs off of my destructor since it does fine anyways or something. just... tell me maybe i have the parts already.

Yea vulcans was just a random thing that popped into my head, bazookas are fine

and you never said whether you have 3s parts, and even if you did, i was stating that it is harder to do a second or third tune, which is why you can use 3s parts to just try and if one fails, you have another slot to try again.

Using examples of gameplay are not a good way to provde something is good or not. By the way, and besides, its toybox not destructor, assuming you were using destructor's internal, it'd be better to have a bazooka with speed tune on it anyway.

and shield helps, a little bit. But you could tune more stats with a pom pom 3 slot
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 pm

【Robot Name】
Toybox

【Parts】
BD: Toybox BD
 : Auto Gun Bit(default)
 : Katana Max LG [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]
 : Accel Saber HD [High Boost Beta] [High Boost]
  : Cute Beret
  : Berry Earrings
 : Grandum BS [High Boost Beta] [Boost]
 : Accel Saber AM [High Boost Beta] [High Boost]
  : Large Bazooka
 : Accel Saber AM [High Boost Beta]
  : Cheer Pom-Pom [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: L
COST: 1310
CAPA: 1390
HP: 465
STR: 4
TEC: 29
WLK: 2
FLY: 28
TGH: 18

LEVEL: 9

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Beam Guard
Blast Guard
Stun Regain
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×10
Red Chip×40
Yellow Chip×40
Turbo Charger×71
Drum Magazine×46

This shouldnt be too hard to pull off. A bit of luck can net you those second tunes. The Grandum BS can be replaced obviously if its not your forte, but I enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 6:16 am

thank you very much for that build and cart setup but i think i won't use grandum bs simply because of SIZE. it is HUGE as it is. why not just use the internal? i mean, what's the difference between grandum bs or something and the internal on toybox? what's the main difference?

and that cheer pompon, idk, i'm just really afraid i might regret it because the shield might get me that one extra second of life... i know it's a waste of capacity BUT i find it really useful sometimes when i have 100 hp and suddenly the shield breaks and i realize i could have been dead.

also i'm not really a fan of tuning because i'm a UC player which means no slot protectors and no tune chance boost other than the 10% one in shop.

let me whip up a build which reflects both what you taught me and what i feel would work for me:

【Robot Name】
Toybox

【Parts】
 : Dual Rifle Bit
 : Katana Max LG [High Boost Beta] [High Boost]
 : Accel Saber HD [High Boost]
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Long Flag BSJ
  : King Gigaton BS [High Boost Beta] [Boost]
  : Large Bazooka [High Boost]
  : Viper Shield [High Boost Beta]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1330
CAPA: 1330
HP: 459
STR: 7
TEC: 30
WLK: 1
FLY: 27

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×4
Enhance internal weapon
Beam Guard
Blast Guard
Stun Regain
Broad Radar
Accele Roll

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×8
Red Chip×25
Yellow Chip×25
Turbo Charger×69
Drum Magazine×48

it's gonna be a b***h to lvl to 9.
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:26 am

Our threads were forgotten, anyway i think it'd be better to push fly to 28, which if i recall is a breakpoint.
I'd also stop using High boost and use High boost alpha/beta, it just saves more cost and is more efficient in my opinion.

If you still don't want to just change that boost to High boost alpha and one of the High boosts to High boost alpha as well if that will free the cost. then you'll reach fly breakpoint.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 am

He can't do anymore High Boost X's because of their -1 wlk, which would drop him into the negatives. One more Boost tune shouldn't be hard though on something like the Viper Sheild. As for the Grandum BS compared to Toybox BD. The difference between them is massive.

Skip to 3:10 to get past the bloopers. 3:10 is actual non-derpy gameplay. Note that the Toybox in this build doesnt use Accel Roll, but I prefer it because it has several lifesaving uses.
Back to top Go down
ugonna100

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

oh man i totally forgot that o.o mixed WLK up with STR reduction.

Then it'd probably be better to change one of the high boosts to an alpha or beta and use one boost. and bam 28 FLY xD
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:37 pm

amscray wrote:
thank you very much for that build and cart setup but i think i won't use grandum bs simply because of SIZE. it is HUGE as it is. why not just use the internal? i mean, what's the difference between grandum bs or something and the internal on toybox? what's the main difference?

and that cheer pompon, idk, i'm just really afraid i might regret it because the shield might get me that one extra second of life... i know it's a waste of capacity BUT i find it really useful sometimes when i have 100 hp and suddenly the shield breaks and i realize i could have been dead.

also i'm not really a fan of tuning because i'm a UC player which means no slot protectors and no tune chance boost other than the 10% one in shop.

let me whip up a build which reflects both what you taught me and what i feel would work for me:

【Robot Name】
Toybox

【Parts】
 : Dual Rifle Bit
 : Katana Max LG [High Boost Beta] [High Boost]
 : Accel Saber HD [High Boost]
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Long Flag BSJ
  : King Gigaton BS [High Boost Beta] [Boost]
  : Large Bazooka [High Boost]
  : Viper Shield [High Boost Beta]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1330
CAPA: 1330
HP: 459
STR: 7
TEC: 30
WLK: 1
FLY: 27

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×4
Enhance internal weapon
Beam Guard
Blast Guard
Stun Regain
Broad Radar
Accele Roll

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×8
Red Chip×25
Yellow Chip×25
Turbo Charger×69
Drum Magazine×48

it's gonna be a b***h to lvl to 9.

Spoiler:

Adapted.

I wouldn't use it for myself like that though.

Edit: Oh wait, for some reason I saw Cheer instead of Viper. Ignore it then.

BTW, change those High Boost tunes for Boost, since you are using parts that are easy to get with 3 slots, and tuning 2 of those slots isn't that hard, seeing how easy it is to get those parts.
I tune my bots with UC mostly (except a few exceptions like Elisa and VL), and that's what I mostly do, 2 tunes per part, 3 tunes only when I get lucky while tuning the spare slots.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:08 am

in the meantime i've been looking at videos concerning this bot and when you use the inbuilt missiles ... it STOPS dead in its tracks. and they are very slow. so, is the bot ACTUALLY worth it? to me, it seems like my destructor would be better value for money... is this bot better than a destructor? are its internals? considering destructor can shoot 4 targets at a time and toybox, i've seen only aims at 2.

to fix that i'd use grandum bs but i could just use that on a destructor so whats the point in buying one? if its not worth it, what else could i get?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:58 am

amscray wrote:
in the meantime i've been looking at videos concerning this bot and when you use the inbuilt missiles ... it STOPS dead in its tracks. and they are very slow. so, is the bot ACTUALLY worth it? to me, it seems like my destructor would be better value for money... is this bot better than a destructor? are its internals? considering destructor can shoot 4 targets at a time and toybox, i've seen only aims at 2.

to fix that i'd use grandum bs but i could just use that on a destructor so whats the point in buying one? if its not worth it, what else could i get?

They are different bots, with different weapons for different purposes. :\
Toybox is more situational, but with some team work, you can easily bombard the enemy PS without even getting near it (Divided river for example. If you have a chibi helping you, you can hit the enemy PS from your side of the river.)
Spoiler:
Mine isn't properly tuned, so I use parts that have tunes but that doesn't give me the best stats. On Tundra wall you can do the same and without a chibi.

And regular Destructor doesn't need Grandum BS.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:18 am

thank you for your advice, i'll buy a toybox after all but now i need 50 rt.... next month i guess... in flippin march...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toybox Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toybox Build   Toybox Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Toybox Build
Page 1 of 1