Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to be an useful art player?

Go down 
+13
xzpwnz
SkyPanic
FireKiller87
boytitan2
Trill
Malphes
BNOISE
NotZetsubou
mechaRev
Courius
fhoeng
Zwiebel Force
necrodrakath
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

how to be an useful art player? Empty
PostSubject: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Well guys, now that the game is more broken than always, with 100dmg one hit lnds running everywhere and alphas and hoppers and airs that are barely impossible to shoot. How do u fight with they when u are an art? I only hav 3 decent art bots: Contradict, amateus muchi and genbura. I can only win with the amateus because he is a little ultra homing fag.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Definitely not by getting close to the target and desperately trying to spam Amateus BD on the next best Float Dash user =A=

Arts these days seem to profit the most by camping under the PS and alphastriking 24/7 or by using weapons with some ridiculous range to snipe like a baws.

Aside of all that, you should make sure to stick arround with the newer Rt SUPs, like Regina or anyone of the chibi armada.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 5:15 pm

There are 3 functions a basic arty can contribute to team.

1. Not dying to melee and bait them in.
2. Keeping occupied space void of enemy air.
3. Invade other arty territory, hence redrawing front line shape.

The method to complete those 3 objectives varies. A build that can complete 2 of the 3 is a good arty. Both mialy and eve can perform all 3 objectives with excellence (eve is better than mialy at no.3; mialy is better than eve at no.2).

If you can build a bot that perform all 3 functions, you don't need to be as good as eve nor mialy, you would still pose a threat to opposing team.

JP arty show off/discussion/help thread: http://www.cosmicbreak.jp/op/page_o_topic_detail/181319
(perhaps could be use as inspiration)
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:21 am

fhoeng wrote:
There are 3 functions a basic arty can contribute to team.

1. you need high mobility ART for this , muchi mostly are fav choice for this task, blame short boost... just keep your cool and dont rush... being bait not mean you need to die...
2. missiles are main requirement for this, and need alot... Genbura in aura are good for doing this... he even have railgun for fend off seraph...
3. no need being EVE for this, just get any BoyTitan Class Tier ART , sit under powerspot / any red circle , and open house all your arsenal ... most of your foe gonna think "O COTTON SHI-!!" . Start Working combining those Contradict AM with other bot Part... my recommendation for core either King Gigaton or Sturbanger... the later a bit wonky for beginner thought...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 pm

As much as i like to transcript moon runes, i need more than pictures and some text :/
how do they pull off such builds?
are there any videos of jp players using arts?
this air spamming is getting kind of anoyying #em5
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 pm

bt classic fat art
Spoiler:

standard flying bazooka. you can do something like this to shop amateus too
Spoiler:

i just put random video in my bookmarks. dont know if this help >.<
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:58 pm

Art generally only 2 function nowadays that people use -
1. What a good support art should do -
Total control over airspace.

Mineshooter, TBG, DG missile, Amateus.
Destructor Missile if you willing to risk being a large art

2. What a selfish art should do -

Spam Railgun weapons and get 3000+ damage a game.
Alpha strike with like 5 or 6 weapon under a PS at anything that pops up red on your autotarget you see.

(You can test your own style but generally anything else is probably better with another bot. Ex - Art type short boost zooka bot, sry man but Land type is generally better.)
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Alpha strike with like 5 or 6 weapon under a PS at anything that pops up red on your autotarget you see.
to be fair art is generally just boiled down to "kill any enemies you see"
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 pm

I had seen the first one before, now the second... now that's a scary art
also, malphes, airs do that too, seraph just try to kill everything they see
and let's not speak about lands Neutral
whenever i play with my arts, airs are my main objective, and if i manage to be secure, then and ONLY THEN, i'll try to hit other stuff

Thanks for the videos zetsubou
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 pm

Well, based on yours tips i made this build for my contradict, tell me what u think please :3

Spoiler:

Another variation. With LL blast zook

Spoiler:

And another with ballistic launcher, without broad radar and more capa.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Art's need tunes, so try to account for that; I'd drop blast guard in favor of more room for tuning, along with better part choices.

【Robot Name】
Contradict

【Parts】
BD: Contradict BD
 : Missile Bit(default)
 : Thoarla LG [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]
  : Maril March BS [Boost]
 : Accel Saber HD [High Boost Beta]
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Maril March BS [Boost] [Boost]
 : Raystag AM [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]
  : LL Bulk Blast [Rapid] [Rapid] [Paralyze]
 : Raystag AM [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
  : -

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: L
COST: 1325
CAPA: 1325
HP: 470
STR: 1
TEC: 29
WLK: 1
FLY: 34
TGH: 21

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×5
Enhance internal weapon×2
Short Boost
Quick Boost
Broad Radar
Accele Roll

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×3
Fudara Cosmos×7
Ones Cosmos×2
Fourda Cosmos×1
Red Chip×25
Yellow Chip×45
Black Chip×55
Turbo Charger×58
Brake Damper×33
Rapid Crystal×10
Drum Magazine×29
Shock Graphite×33
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:54 pm

Can u explain me that build? and how i could use it. Strategy and blabla ._.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 am

Basically you play it like a traditional Destructor; spamming sub from the backlines, using shortboost combined with accel roll for fast movement, with enough speed to chase airs with LL blast zook if needed.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:35 am

NotZetsubou wrote:
bt classic fat art
Spoiler:

standard flying bazooka. you can do something like this to shop amateus too
Spoiler:

i just put random video in my bookmarks. dont know if this help >.<

Wrong zetsu BT RAMBOD WITH FAT ARTS TO EPIC METAL MUSIC Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Before he became a melee god.

Bt now rambos with airs Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Jeez thats so soft I used to listen to some light songs man, THats more of a song to calm me down now.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:23 am

IMO the crucial tuning stats for each basic art function.

FLY, WLK and/or HP
bonus: CV, TGH, float dash, short boost, quickjump, rarely but quickswim

stun, TEC, Weapon Speed
bonus: weapon range, some time beam guard and TGH
(stun imo is THE most important factor, you either hit hard with tec or you stun tune... assuming you hit)

TEC, Weapon Range,
bonus: weapon speed, blast guard
(if you have longer range, you don't need blast guard as much, if you have shorter range, you absolutely want blast guard)
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 am

necrodrakath wrote:
Well guys, now that the game is more broken than always, with 100dmg one hit lnds running everywhere and alphas and hoppers and airs that are barely impossible to shoot. How do u fight with they when u are an art? I only hav 3 decent art bots: Contradict, amateus muchi and genbura. I can only win with the amateus because he is a little ultra homing fag.

I don't use any of those three. Too much GARABOT

Anyway...

SOLUTIONS:

1. Pick up DG, get 3x Internals and Short Boost.
Give her Handyzook.
Tune Destructor Girl's WLK.
Go nuts fucking people and kill every Air you see.
You are weak at close combat(duh), so Short Boost will help you escape.
Destructor Girl is weak against Seraph Wings unless you give her Blast Magnet Gun Mod, but even if you do she will still be weak at close combat.
AAmissiles are effective only past close-mid range. Anything closer than that and you might as well be using Build Arm BS.

2. Pick up Lily Rain. Jesus fuckers, I don't know why people can't figure this out. Lily is one of the better ARTs in the game for fucking 8k UC.
Give her either Float Dash or Short Boost/whatever she has, i don't remember.
Give her Quick Boost, YOU MUST GIVE HER QUICK BOOST DAMMIT.
Slap either a Railgun/dual rails or weapon+shield on her.
Tune Lily's FLY.
Tune Lily's TEC and/or TGH if you want.
Point and laugh as people try and fail to hit Lily.
Point and laugh some more as Lily blows people to bits.
Rinse and Repeat.
NOTE: Lily Rain has poor max HP. She depends heavily on evasion, so mobility is first priority, no matter what.
Railgun build is weak at close combat. Float Dash > whatever else Lily has when it comes to escaping a melee.
Handy+shield build loses to a Railgun build piloted by a pro sniper, all other variables being equal.
Seraph Wings are weak against Lily with or without Internals(Psyguns ignore all antihoming and accelerate based on target's speed), making Lily a good choice if you expect to face a couple Seraph Wings spammers. Hypershot multiplies this effect.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 am

FireKiller87 wrote:

2. Pick up Lily Rain. Jesus fuckers, I don't know why people can't figure this out. Lily is one of the better ARTs in the game for fucking 8k UC.

cause most ppl fans of boy titans... Size Matter!!

well... main problem why ppl underestimate her cause she was UC bot here... seems nobody remember she was originaly RT...

actually not must railgun, breaker could do the trick too... and if you pretty good evading atk with her... what stop you having both close and long range style?
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:12 am

Courius wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

cause most ppl fans of boy titans... Size Matter!!

well... main problem why ppl underestimate her cause she was UC bot here... seems nobody remember she was originaly RT...

actually not must railgun, breaker could do the trick too... and if you pretty good evading atk with her... what stop you having both close and long range style?

Figures...I can see why CS made her UC, too many RTfags who won't buy poor, lonely little Lily.

Breakers are similar to Railguns. Small projectile, fast speed, high Force, poor ammo.
I used to have an Armor Breaker on my Lily Rain, and I've found that it's annoying(not impossible though) to target close-range enemies simply because breakers are designed for medium or long range combat. They don't really have the attack speed or the stopping power that is needed for close combat IMO.

That's kinda why I put Handy+Shield on her...and besides, she already has a longrange attack(although somewhat undependable) in Psyslicers. With 2x Internals it outranges an untuned shop Railgun, so...
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

necrodrakath wrote:

2 are in my commando
genbura and muchi, my 3rd slot for leeching exp bot

ve no trouble with LND because both of my ART have high FLY, my gen have broad radar with 28 FLY and my muchi 31 FLY
those two re half ass tune but still good enough to use (both of them still use wing joint AMJ lol)
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 am

i had this build for my galsteel since i really enjoy using LL blast
Any oppinions?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:52 pm

fhoeng wrote:

FLY, WLK and/or HP

stun, TEC, Weapon Speed
(stun imo is THE most important factor, you either hit hard with tec or you stun tune... assuming you hit)

TEC, Weapon Range,
(if you have longer range, you don't need blast guard as much, if you have shorter range, you absolutely want blast guard)

Switch 2 to control high ground,WHY U CBEN DONT KNOW HOW TO USE HIGH GROUND, There was one game when The arts held the high ground and this was way back,I had to curse out my team Cause koi was hitting in running so I said fuck it if arts dont wana get harassed group up on hills.This was wayback a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:44 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
fhoeng wrote:

Switch 2 to control high ground,WHY U CBEN DONT KNOW HOW TO USE HIGH GROUND, There was one game when The arts held the high ground and this was way back,I had to curse out my team Cause koi was hitting in running so I said fuck it if arts dont wana get harassed group up on hills.This was wayback a long time ago.

Not sure why you quote that post.

While that, my previous post already mentioned
Quote :
The method to complete those 3 objectives varies
, and getting to high ground is one of the method to achieve objective 2.

Last edited by fhoeng on Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:46 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
fhoeng wrote:

FLY, WLK and/or HP

stun, TEC, Weapon Speed

TEC, Weapon Range,

ww
Funny how you didn't know this until I told you
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:46 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
fhoeng wrote:

FLY, WLK and/or HP

stun, TEC, Weapon Speed

TEC, Weapon Range,

ww

I guess that too many people doesn't know about that, even when it comes to Canyon Coast...
And it's funny how in that map, one of the team's have the big advantage of being able to take the high ground with airs from their spawn, instead of going around and risk meeting with the enemy team.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
fhoeng wrote:

FLY, WLK and/or HP

stun, TEC, Weapon Speed

TEC, Weapon Range,

ww

You pointed out something I already know stupid xz no listen to bt,Back when i was useing fat arts I was yelling this at team mates.But This was to just be in targeting shooting range of airs

U pointed out something else tho,I thaught range beat altitude which in theory,If my bullet can reach said range there should not be bad mechanic factors making it so i still have to get close to my enemy >_<.Main reason missiles fucking fail there not coded right,Ill say it again and again the trajectory system in this game is shit,Aim system is shit,Game is SHit Im just staying here So I can dance with joy when it shuts down and hear about when Cyber step finally shuts down.

Dont even reply to this Im tired of explain why shit system is shit and if u cant point out the flaws your retarded Im done pointing em out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to be an useful art player?   how to be an useful art player? Empty

Back to top Go down

how to be an useful art player?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next