Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.

Go down 
+3
Courius
Suki_Eve
Strawman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Strawman
Newcomer
Newcomer

I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. Empty
PostSubject: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:08 pm

A UC player here, I currently have 97Rt plus another 50Rt coming after the chibi wars event and I want to play a longer ranged artillery than my UC Lily-Rain for a change or maybe some other type. I kind of want something that does not need a lot of work to be useful.

I've been searching for helpful topics, guides and asking people in-game but I'll make this thread anyways just to get all the information I need before buying.

---------=[ Bots? }=--------------------

Destructor Girl + Rt shop Railgun

Is she still viable with the current meta we have? I mean I see people use seraph wings almost all the time and that makes her anti-air pretty useless.

What I like about her is being able to easily junk her to reset broken slots and from what little info I gathered, they say that she is really useful out of the box. I plan to tune up her walk to 20+ so I can at least run if a melee decided to target me at the back of the lines.

Zero Saber Girl + Reaper's Scythe

Some people recommend me to get her instead of Destructor Girl but others told me that there are way better melee bots than her out of the box and she requires a serious amount of tune up to become a decent threat rather than a free frag. Is she still worth buying?

Garapon chibi

I really like support so...is it worth it? How about the 2 new chibi 80Rt bots?

---------=[ Weapons }=----------------

Rt shop Railgun

I kept seeing people saying that the Railgun is a good all purpose weapon, is it really?

-------------------------------------------

I'm open for other recommendations, Thanks!

My current commando:
1. UC no slot Nicole Malice (My favorite so far)
2. Summer Seraph Crimrose with 2 EIW and 31 FLY (Aiming for 3 EIW and I kind suck with her)
3. A free Winberrl or a no slot Laz-chan
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm

Fia/Aila-chan are kinda meh in chibi wars, unfortunately, but I suppose they'd be pretty badass once CW ends. Their unique special abilities are weak but adorable <3 And I can't figure out how to get shell supply vs long range on Aila.

The chibi garapon, I've heard, has a really high chance of you getting Koko Gaap. Would probably be better to buy a Pulsardo or a Bugsycait from the shop instead of rolling it. Isn't the Chibi Gara like 50rt? Pulsy/Bugsy are both cheaper than 50rt and are good SUPs, despite being large.

Destructor Girl...I don't see her often, but she's still a threat. Zero Saber Girl...Don't know much about her, but her with a scythe is generally pretty good. I don't remember seeing any non-lagkun ZSGs lately though.

Railguns are good, but you need to know how to aim. I suck at using them. They're great for sniping.

Only ART I know is good from the shop is Amateus, but he's a bit of a late bloomer. Haven't bought any of the others so I don't know about them. Psycho Formula is good to rip the parts off of, I think. I know I stuck his AMs to a Lily and his LGs to an Izuna.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Destruc Girl is serious Threat in field, her Missile twice hurts the real destructor... but without tunes, she also free frag like ZSG, blame the lack mobility and unable swapping parts...

get bugsy and pulsaradio, put bugsy arm to the pulsaradio , then go look capemike post about Bugsyradio in SUP Guide Section...

Rt Shop Railgun ... i'd rather recommend you get shop Saggi or linear cannon instead that... without alot tunes, hardly shop railgun can perform as good as other 2...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
:)OwneD)
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:45 am

get 3 seraph make them all a wing spammer and if u like to play art hey a amateus make it a hopper give it 2 handys and your good man XD
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 am

:)OwneD) wrote:
get 3 seraph make them all a wing spammer
Hopper zookers (Any zook in general) to win without deaths.
:)OwneD) wrote:
and if u like to play art hey a amateus make it a hopper give it 2 handys and your good man XD
Use a hopper with blast guard to counter this hopper.

Just using 1 seraph is enough. Vary your commando a bit as well. As for the bots, I'd buy a Saggitary maxis.
Back to top Go down
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:53 am

uhm yea a mixed team prob better get like 1 seraph 1 amateus and like 1 of xz uc hopper build Razz
Back to top Go down
Strawman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:09 pm

@Suki_Eve

Pulsardio and Bugsycait does look like a real good deal but I kind of want those locked parts from chibi bots more to lessen my problems with breaking tune ups. I'm not in a hurry to buy anything right now since I don't have enough materials to tune up anything at all.

The abundance of Koko Gaap BD during the last bazaar was the result of this higher chance, correct?

Amateus, by late bloomer you mean heavy tune up + level or just heavy tune up? Is the Amateus AM2 easy to use?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Courius

I haven't seen Linear Cannon before or maybe I already did but I don't know what it looks like. How good is this weapon and is it easy to use?

@:)OwneD)

I'm already having a hard time playing 1 and you want me to play 3 of them? It will be disastrous!

I'm aiming for 1 support, 1 air and an artillery or another support.

@Astral_Goddess

About hopping bots, do they have invincibility frames or something like that? It's pretty hard hitting them even though I'm shooting directly at their face or when they land, homing attacks does not do well too.

Is a hopping Destructor Girl a good idea? I think I saw one earlier but I'm not so sure if it's that good.

Thanks for the very interesting replies, I was hoping to get more info about Destructor Girl though but every new info is a step closer to becoming a good player.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Strawman wrote:
@Suki_Eve

Pulsardio and Bugsycait does look like a real good deal but I kind of want those locked parts from chibi bots more to lessen my problems with breaking tune ups. I'm not in a hurry to buy anything right now since I don't have enough materials to tune up anything at all.

The abundance of Koko Gaap BD during the last bazaar was the result of this higher chance, correct?

Amateus, by late bloomer you mean heavy tune up + level or just heavy tune up? Is the Amateus AM2 easy to use?

No, the Koko Gaap BDs from the bazaar are from the Super UC Gara. You can't sell things you buy with Rt in the Bazaar, and this includes things like the Chibi Garapon.

I'd like to point out that the Shop sells Cosmo Harmonics Alpha, which increase your success rate by 10%, for 1000UC under items. For when you start to tune.

By Amateus being a late bloomer, I mean that he's kind hard to get behind until he has a mobility cart (so lvl 6 for short boost). Namely because when he runs it feels like the SLOWEST THING EVARS. He doesn't necessarily *need* Short Boost, but it helps his survivability, if you can hop.

He doesn't really need tunes, I still haven't tuned mine (because I'm too lazy to fetch materials) and I do well in the -3.0BR room. But if you do tune him, aim for high TEC and probably orange-tier mobility to utilize short boost (if you use it).

And I don't really use the Amateus AM2, since EIW only affects his core weapons, so I replaced mine with an Accel Sabre AM I got from the Super UC Gara. Threw on two shields and I spam Solar Buster (the sub core-weapon), but you'd probably do better to use one of the AMs to hold a weapon. Since the weapon on the AM2 is the same as the core weapon, I didn't keep it. <<;
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Strawman wrote:
@Astral_Goddess

About hopping bots, do they have invincibility frames or something like that? It's pretty hard hitting them even though I'm shooting directly at their face or when they land, homing attacks does not do well too.

Is a hopping Destructor Girl a good idea? I think I saw one earlier but I'm not so sure if it's that good.
- Hopping robots don't have invincibility frames. It's simply the concept of their movement, which teases the auto-aiming system. Basically, the way the auto-aim system works is that, if you shoot a gun while locked on to a target, it will automatically shoot forward of the target to where it's heading, rather than where it is. THIS is where hoppers tease with the auto-aim system.

When a hopper short boosts, they're moving up at a diagonal angle. This causes the weapons to think "Shoot diagonally upwards", as the bot is traveling that way. However, the bot will then start to move diagonally downward after it reaches 11/2 height units up, which then causes your weapon to fire towards the sky. When the hopper begins traveling diagonally downward, your weapon will shoot diagonally downward, thus hitting the ground. The whole process repeats as the hoppers hop.

- A Hopping Destructor Girl is the best you're going to do when it comes to surviving with her. She has poor movement, both in cartridge options and tuning availability. Just be sure to stay in the back lines with her while spamming her sub, keep a Bazooka handy, and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:58 am

Strawman wrote:

@Courius

I haven't seen Linear Cannon before or maybe I already did but I don't know what it looks like. How good is this weapon and is it easy to use?

taken from CBJP wiki...Main Weapon Section...

I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. ?plugin=ref&serial=2356
I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. ?plugin=ref&serial=4229

Cost : 210
Ammo : 120
Force : 41
Range : 330
Speed : 580
Interval : 500
Wlk -1 TGH -1

im not sure about your definition "Easy to use" ... since so far i know among railguns type only mialy's internal railgun got title nub-friendly ...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:09 am

If u want a chibi so badly, I'd wait for the next one to be released. Fia-chan and Aila-chan got very low stats and their build in weapons suck.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 am

Quote :
- Hopping robots don't have invincibility frames.
They have as much invincibility frames as anyone else with high mobility thanks to the poor hit detection. Though it depends on the ping (or not).
Though it seems to be mostly when they jump.
Probably thanks to the speed of the take off. Faster movement = Higher probability of invincibility frames.
It's the same exacting that happens with Seraphs and AG. If the bullet doesn't have any piercing properties, it will hit them, but for the game they weren't on that position anymore, so there's no damage even though the bullet hit something/exploded. If it pierces, then it will probably count, since even if in your client you hit them in a certain position, the bullet went past them, so the game will detect the bullet continuing their trajectory, hitting the enemy in their actual position which is a bit later.
No piercing.
[You]------------[bullet][Enemy]
[You]------------[bullet]----[Enemy]

Piercing (hard to represent)
[You][bullet]-------[Enemy]--------------[/bullet]
[You][bullet]-----------[Enemy]----------[/bullet]
The piercing doesn't even need to be that good. This is really evident if you use a bot like AG with a mini zooka. Mini Zooka will hit and won't damage sometimes, while her blaster damages almost every time.

Now add the aim correction derping all over the place because of the hopping effect and ping differences.

Linear Cannon isn't that easy to use, but wouldn't be so hard if it wasn't so sensible to invincibility frames. The range is kinda meh. (mine is tuned since I don't want to use Victory 1)
The weapon is awesome against airs, but don't expect to do all that much damage to anything else with Blast Guard.

Quote :

Later it will be much easier to tune removable parts if they are UC parts and you have a bunch of them (which you can get some of the best out of the UC gara).
Mostly because if you fail to meet your objective, you can correct it by changing 1 part or 2. And this parts will always be usable on other bots, even if they have 1 tune and 2 broken slots, some times they are good to test stuff/bots.
If you fail with locked parts, you lose every single tune that you did when you junk the bot.

I don't charge RT and I only get RT from offers and stuff, and while my next bot to be tuned has locked parts, it will be HELL for me to tune her. Mostly because it's much easier to triple tune removable parts that you have plenty of, than locked slots.
But when it comes to Destructor Girl, depending (I think) on what you equip on her besides the main weapon (assuming that you only equip 1 main weapon), you might or not to triple tune her. And this is assuming that you only tune a mobility stat, like fly. Want more tec? Get ready to go through hell.

Shop railgun is a bitch to aim with IMO. Maxis costs almost as much and is easier to use and tune.
You can make a nice Maxis with UC parts only (except the core). Meaning you can tune him without using protectors or any harmonics that aren't the 10% ones.
If you tune the shop railgun, you might want to use a prot, because if you break the slot, no more slots on the railgun.
Back to top Go down
Strawman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 pm

@Suki_Eve

I guess I'll just spam Super UC Garapon so I can get a new chibi, I'm getting tired of my 2 Jikun hu kun which plays exactly like my 4 legged Laz-chan.

Is Amateus playable without tunes in 3+ Br rooms?.

I currently have around 6 Br so I can no longer play in the -3 Br room. There are times that I don't like to play with top players because it forces me to be much more paranoid about my surroundings to avoid quick deaths which makes the arena feel more like a chore.

I'm kind of considering on letting my Br drop around 1 unless there are prizes for having higher Br.

----------------------------------------------------------

@Astral_Goddess

Can hopping players avoid melee easier too?

To be honest, I have never seen hopping bots being targeted by melee since most of the time they are at the back lines of my team's territory which is composed of artillery and supports.

@Courius

Thank you for the image.

Easy to use as in having a larger beam hit box or something like wide beam gun, but wide beam gun is slow so it's not really a good example.

God is a Cat Girl already answered it.

@Zwiebel Force

I'll follow your advice and skip them, maybe there will be better chibi options that will come out soon.

@God is a Cat Girl

Astral_Goddess and your explanation made me rethink on the ways i try to hit the enemy. I only attack them when they are jumping on a straight direction towards me or before they land so my shot's will not go upward at least.

Earlier I was busy with my Crimrose tune ups and I broke a slot so I tuned another and thinking the great technique with 30 cost will compensate for the broken slot then someone told me that it's not that good of an idea.

---Locked part tune up
I was completely "uhhgg! I just destroyed my 28 fly level 7 Seraph Crimrose!". I just realized that before I can level up my locked bots, I needed to tune them first which will take me days or even weeks to finish.

---Destructor Girl
I have seen some guides about her, is there an updated better main weapon for her than the railgun+buckler or blast bazooka? I don't have blast bazooka and the chances of me getting it is slim to none.

Again, thank you so much to everyone that replied!. I'm also writing my posts before I go to bed so I reply a bit late.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Quote :
---Locked part tune up
I was completely "uhhgg! I just destroyed my 28 fly level 7 Seraph Crimrose!". I just realized that before I can level up my locked bots, I needed to tune them first which will take me days or even weeks to finish.
That's what you do.
Another good way to save expensive items like Protectors and Harmonics, or simply to make sure that you have a certain number of tunes on the bot, is to tuned up the first slot of all locked parts first. Failed a tune? Junk and try again.
The bad side of this is that you will spend lots and lots of mats, which wouldn't happen if you could remove those parts.
If it's only stats tunes, like tec or fly, it's not that hard. But when you have to land tunes like Rapid twice in a locked gun plus 4 locked parts? It's really frustrating. The rapid tune is cheap and tuning it twice isn't the hardest part, the problem is the next 4 tunes.
I was doing that today, gave up when the 4th tune up failed since I wanted to do 5 of them and only had enough materials for 5.

If you start getting too much trouble tuning Destructor Girl and you like her that much, you can always buy the regular Destructor, tune him (which isn't hard at all) and play with him while you get more mats and whatever you need to try to tune Destructor Girl again.
You can play Destructor almost in the same exact way, except he's bigger and can use different weapons. (while their sub weapon should be the same and Destructor Girl gets more upgrades on the sub weapon, for some reason my Destructor missiles hit much more often than my Destructor Girl. No clue why though.)

On the Destructor Girl you can use Handy Bazooka, tuned for speed. Spam missiles and then use the bazooka on anything that gets close. Not as good as blast bazooka, but it's an alternative.

BTW, if Nicole is your favorite, you might as well consider buying her on the shop.
Simply because you can do a really nice 35 wlk build with her, which is impossible to do with the free version (possible to get 33 wlk, but it's the worst build ever done. 31 wlk with Fireflowers in both hands).
Also, since you can change her parts besides HD and 1 of the AMs (only the AM has slots, the HD doesn't), it makes her rather easy to tune. 2 tunes per part and you get yourself a Nicole with 35 wlk and handy zooka. If you are lucky enough to get triple tuned part(s) which frees up slots, you might as well have slots and capa to tune some HP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.   I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm looking for additional recommendations/advices.
Page 1 of 1