Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tuning with only UC

Go down 
+4
Nymph~
fggt
Rinrin
Me99909
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

Tuning with only UC Empty
PostSubject: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 11:53 pm

I've done a couple tunes here and there and looked at the system, but what in the end doesn't make sense is.. how do you ever tune efficiently with UC?

I've got some nice RT things and stuff but I can't spend any more and I have a limited supply of Slot Protectors. My most valuable parts and weapons are mostly those which I would have to pay more RT to re-obtain.

And the system to obtain materials for tuning looks to be a much much larger chore than upping my bots from level 0 to 10. Is there some particularly good way to get parts to trade in for materials?
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:04 am

no.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:08 am

Tune lock parts and free UC parts 1st. I tune this with UC only, no protector or harmonic higher than alpha:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:43 am

tggt wrote:
Tune lock parts and free UC parts 1st. I tune this with UC only, no protector or harmonic higher than alpha:
Spoiler:

not everyone has that damn luck.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:50 am

So its pretty much the hard path of wasting parts away or carefully tuning only what is most useful when I happen to have slot protectors.

What tunes should I go for? The weakest tunes seems to be the best but they also seem to have the lowest chance of success.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:53 am

Rinrin wrote:
tggt wrote:
Spoiler:

No, i junked her 8 times total iirc, all 1st slots are normal run so it's cheap.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:56 am

Ah I see, tricksy. The tunes on the locked core parts go away when disassembled.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:44 am

i would only say decent tune a bot with UC need much part and material
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 1:57 am

The main problem is failed tunes destroying your rare or Rt gotten parts.

Spoiler:

This is my efforts so far in tuning though this was when I had money and Rt to spend to do it.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:32 am

Me99909 wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/881eR.jpg

This is my efforts so far in tuning though this was when I had money and Rt to spend to do it.

- Get the pic in spoiler
- Tune wlk/fly 1st
- Use build arm AM, buckler(pompom) instead
- Get float dash/short boost at least.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:44 am

That TBG needs to be junked.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 2:50 am

Trouble is if I do that I'll be hard pressed to retune her Razz. But I have a secondary TBG to work with.

Is Pom-Pom a shield?

Not really sure how much fly/wlk/tec I should get or if I should just ignore tec and tune all mobility. It would certainly make living easier but I don't really die that often unless an AG comes along or we are overwhelmed by overly tough melee.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:01 am

It gives +1wlk for 10cost, 3slot and is UC.
Spoiler:

Get EIW instead of stun regain if u want. May even better if using handy zook insead of middle, but i prefer middle.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:17 am

mikuri wrote:
That TBG needs to be junked.

Depends on the tunes on the locked parts.

He might be able to keep them if they are good tunes, and then he only needs to change the removable parts.

Quote :
- Use build arm AM, buckler(pompom) instead

Get ready to triple tune a few parts with that.

Despite having and using mostly RT bots, I don't charge RT anymore(Only did for shop bots and Sugoi, and after Sugoi, I haven't payed again).
So everything that I get is done with UC tuning, and I only use prots when it's really needed (I get them from campaigns and stuff).
This is actually 1 of the reasons why I don't like locked parts.
Sure, it's nice at first, but I prefer to break some UC parts that I got from UC gara, than to keep junking over and over until I get all first slots or enough first slots done (some times I don't need all, because in the end there would be lots of spare slots that wouldn't be used), and lose tons of mats in the process.

Usually I try to do somewhat nice builds, that are as mobile as possible, but I try to keep it at 2 tuned slots per part.
Then when tuning, I tune on the first slot the tunes that have the less probability of being successful, and then, if there's still first slots to be tuned, I tune what I have the least mats for.
Like, run tune needs engine shafts and I have 30, and tec tune needs stabilizers and I only have 15. So, on the first slot I will do the tec tune, because I have the least mats for that, and the first tune has more chances of being successful than the second.

Then if you plan it like, 2 tunes on every part, and while tuning a part you get 2 successful tunes in a row, there will be 1 free slot (in this case, it's a part with 3 slots). This slot isn't going to be used, so, before tuning the next part, you try to tune that spare slot, because if it fails, it doesn't matter because you don't need it, if it's successful, it's 1 less tune that you do later! Very Happy

My builds usually have lots of broken slots, but that's because I planed it to avoid triple tunes, so I can break a certain number of slots.

2 bots that I tuned a few hours ago, using UC only (and prots from campaigns, which I only used... 2 I think. Because there was rare/RT(1) parts).

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

1 of those triple tunes was a proto tune (on the first bot), the others were luck.

So, you might want to wait some time before tuning some bots, because some will really need triple tuned parts.
Others are just fine with 2 tunes per part, so they are easier to tune.

This is a bad case of bad luck while tuning:
Spoiler:

I only needed like... 3/4 tunes? And didn't want to junk because she was partially tuned from before. In the end I had to junk her because there was too many broken slots.
After that I only broke... 2 slots, and none was the first I think.

Edit: Also, are you tuning both wlk and fly? Because you don't need to on TBG. Actually you rarely need to do that. Just chose 1 of the stats that goes along with your playstyle.

Quote :
  : Middle Bazooka [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]

Use a cheap BS for that?
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:31 am

I haven't really tuned walk or fly except on my Crimrose.

My playstyle normally reflects whatever bot I'm using but I do like to jump a lot. Never used the jump cart before though.

Many thanks, your post was very helpful ^^. Got right down to the issue with a lack of slot protectors.

The tunes on all of her locked parts are tec. mostly tec+1s but theres a great tech in there too unfortunately.

I've been contemplating how to use my other TBG. I just rolled 5 on the summoner garapon with the Rt reset.

This Gatling Bazooka looks awfully nice and its really strong when I pulled it out in an epoch on my TBG but using it pretty much sucks up all TBG's cap.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 4:38 am

Me99909 wrote:
I haven't really tuned walk or fly except on my Crimrose.

My playstyle normally reflects whatever bot I'm using but I do like to jump a lot. Never used the jump cart before though.

Many thanks, your post was very helpful ^^. Got right down to the issue with a lack of slot protectors.

The tunes on all of her locked parts are tec. mostly tec+1s but theres a great tech in there too unfortunately.

You might have to junk her. D;
You probably won't have enough slots with those tunes around.
Maybe you can keep some, but not all for sure.

I also did the mistake of using Great tunes on my TBG. I learned from my mistakes, and now I've been thinking about junking her sometime to redo her (though I will have to waste star coins to get rid of a tune on the Amateus BS), though I haven't decided on a build for mine (not long ago I got to do a pretty good build, but lost it. D;).

Quote :
This Gatling Bazooka looks awfully nice and its really strong when I pulled it out in an epoch on my TBG but using it pretty much sucks up all TBG's cap.
I got that weapon too, but I can't use it on any bot that I like because of that. Too much cost, too little capa for it.

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:02 am

i think all my tunes is UC-tunes cuz i never buy prot or harmonic more than 10%
heck i dont buy rt but UC gara always give me proectors when needed lol
so many broken slot but goal reached:

jubked 4 times, this one need 4/5 protectors 4 beta and 1 gamma:
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 am

not sure, but i feel hp tune and everything that invole hp(beside revenge) like beast/eagle/ranger etc. have higher rate than normal stats tune even if cosmo pot say it the same @.@

everything beside gattling and cat tail is uc tune >.< (also finish in one row, only junk her for reset cartri)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:30 am

Spoiler:

Now this has the potential to be fun. Untuned Lvl 0 AchiSieben rocking the Gatling Zook and there's still room for a build arm BS

There isn't much room for tuning but he is using some low quality parts there too.

That is certainly a lot of hp your renny has. Hp tunes... EX tunes?

I got his little art robot from the cubes that came with christmas
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:37 am

Me99909 wrote:
Spoiler:

Now this has the potential to be fun. Untuned Lvl 0 AchiSieben rocking the Gatling Zook and there's still room for a build arm BS

There isn't much room for tuning but he is using some low quality parts there too.

That is certainly a lot of hp your renny has. Hp tunes... EX tunes?

Build Arm BS is a no no. It's no good.
Though it's funny, 'cause when I got that weapon, I used the same bot to fool around. XDDD
Except mine had the flamethrower AMs (which I removed), and I got 35 wlk on mine.

Also, that's a Patty.
But damn he is lucky.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:43 am

I like having an art subweapon though and the build arm one seems to be a lot stronger than howizter.

Oh no wait, I'm misremembering it, its Gun Arms subweapon that I liked. Razz.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:52 am

Me99909 wrote:
I like having an art subweapon though and the build arm one seems to be a lot stronger than howizter.

Oh no wait, I'm misremembering it, its Gun Arms subweapon that I liked. Razz.

Hmmm... I only tried Gun Arms on CBEU, and the missile AM didn't look good at all. Even untuned airs could easily dodge it. Well, some didn't even dodged, just flew around normally, since the homing was so weak. D;
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:53 am

The problem with Gunarm missiles is the fact that they rarely actually explode. They generally just go poof at people.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 pm

tggt wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
tggt wrote:
Spoiler:

No, i junked her 8 times total iirc, all 1st slots are normal run so it's cheap.
8 times. u joking. thats so fucking little.
i cant even get 3 tunes to pass even with 100x over junking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tuning with only UC   Tuning with only UC Empty

Back to top Go down

Tuning with only UC
Page 1 of 1