Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attitude of Cosmic Break Community

Go down 
+46
NovaZero
DomoBot_64
MagicPotatoplz
Emeraldsun
Tuskin
FreedomFighter
God is a Cat Girl
Mew
FireKiller87
Midreus
Intet
Suki_Eve
FenixStryk
Kobrakai
Choja
necrio
nodochii
reVelske
Lyala
Nilla
ZephyrKaiser
NotZetsubou
CapeMike
Malphes
IronDicks
Etherlight
Turkeysaur
PandaRehab
Nisa
xzpwnz
ziix
AnTi90d
Rinrin
Segawa
Shaftronics
nzlk
ArturiaPendragon
(´・ω・`)
Yokura
Fireflywater
Cybernetic
Neftie
Lord of D:
Reinel
Hagane
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hagane
Hagane

Attitude of Cosmic Break Community Empty
PostSubject: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:11 am

So I am making this topic because of a concern I have about the different tiers of players in CBen. Basically, everyone is calling everyone else shit. Ex. There is a shuffle room with lets say players, Kanbara, Etherlight, Vyolets, Turkeysaur, Alpherior, xzpwnz, Nisa, Suguri, Hikaru, FenixStryk, tggt, asukuu, Wishmaster, Adius, and some random guy(note, I am not the random guy, this is just an example). Lets now say the random guy gets 1st and screenies it and shows it off. Majority of the time, someone will come along, lets say Cordellia (he's done this before) and say how everyone in that room is crap except for like 2 people. Now lets say I switched Nisa's place with Cordellia in that room and then the random guy posts him getting first in the updated room. Now Nisa would come along and say how everyone in that room is crap except for a few people. Hell, I can switch anyone out like Hikaru and ask him what he would think of the room and he would still say the people are bad. Same thing goes for majority of the high ranks in the game, I mean like sun +2 or +3 rank or higher. They all hate each other and say everyone else is bad. My question is why???? Why all the hate for other players? Why do you think people who are clearly at you level or even higher are bad players? Btw, the example is kind of exaggerated to make a point, but it is mostly true. Once people reach a certain rank or something, they think they are better than everyone out there. Also if you are better than everyone except for like 2 people, why aren't you getting game warrior every single time in AAA rooms???

TL;DR
The attitude of many high rank players is just them being very cocky and thinking they are absolutely better than almost everyone else. Now time to wait for some smart-ass comment about how they are better than everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Reinel
Reinel

Male Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:24 am

I'm experiencing the same as well. There's no doubt about the presence of elitism across the game, and it seeps even here in FF.

Yep, here in FF. I know some admin deleted the posts, but when I said my opinion in the Sugoi bots thread (which was kinda wrong, I admit), I was immediately slapped away with what I sensed as an extremely sarcastic remark:

xzpwnz wrote:
Hagane wrote:
Lag shouldn't be a replacement for skill
Indos would like a word with you
Reinel wrote:
Quote :
wat

Quote :
(I may need some verification on what I said above. ^^")

Lrn2read, please. I haven't got a Sugoi bot yet, but I'm looking at it from a game design perspective. If I'm totally wrong, then say it, not just a "wat".

Hate it when you guys just slap posts away with that. You could at least explain the mistake, you know.
Asking is now impossible and posting things you've no idea about seem to be popular

Without even doing one bit to help me renew my misconception about them.

Well, in a Pay to Win game like this, it can't be avoided that people who pay thousands of dollars every month to keep their elite status in this game would have a sense of entitlement, and entitlement leads to the cockiness that you said.

It's sad, really. If CS balanced everything, the community would have at least been a bit nicer.
Back to top Go down
Lord of D:
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lord of D:

Male Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 am

most of the players in CBen are over powered, thats all i have to say about this :/
Back to top Go down
Neftie
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neftie

Female Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:39 am

I'm just going to say, circle/triangle room was most fun, everyone play and had fun, win or lose or top or bottom score.
The AAA room and stuff just give me headache with all the name calling and rage.
Kind of why I often hang around central instead of arena.
Back to top Go down
Lord of D:
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lord of D:

Male Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:41 am

Neftie wrote:
I'm just going to say, circle/triangle room was most fun, everyone play and had fun, win or lose or top or bottom score.
The AAA room and stuff just give me headache with all the name calling and rage.
Kind of why I often hang around central instead of arena.
exactly, thats why CBen needs a c or less server Neutral
Back to top Go down
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

Hagane wrote:

The attitude of many high rank players is just them being very cocky and thinking they are absolutely better than almost everyone else. Now time to wait for some smart-ass comment about how they are better than everyone else.

this sums up what I have been trying to point out to a few people, granted I'm a high rank, but I know I'm pretty bad in arena and such.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:23 am

I dislike the community too. This game has so many things for customization and concepts. But when introducing a brand new idea, it generally yields it to be verbally shot down by people who has played the game for 500 hours more and probably never thought about the goods of the idea. For example, I say Mountaiz, everyone says Fat and Slow. I say Rifle Bit, everyone still says Fat and Slow.

This game has huge potential. Shame though, the second a community gets added, it all gets grounded to dust.

I friend of mine, can't remember who, Trill, was it? Eh, said that players get a large growth of cockiness as soon as they hit the staaaaaahs.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:27 am

Fireflywater wrote:
I friend of mine, can't remember who, Trill, was it? Eh, said that players get a large growth of cockiness as soon as they hit the staaaaaahs.

Might be because the people who like to brag are the ones who have hit star+

There are plenty of really nice stars >: *shakes fist*
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:35 am

I think the correct response to somone that a so called "pro" would give is that the person who got first place and beated everyone else is that most of us don't even try and are mindlessly playing the game to waste time because we have nothing else to do in life and just sit in arena and do whatever we want. I don't aim for first place every game i enter i just go do my usual thing

Hagane wrote:
I can switch anyone out like Hikaru and ask him what he would think of the room and he would still say the people are bad
You obviously don't know Hikaru, stop making assumptions

This game isn't hard, scores mean nothing, level rank means nothing etc. etc.

The people that tend to be the best don't have to reinforce that they are

Last edited by (´・ω・`) on Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:48 am

Well, as the others already said, they pretty much have this elitist attitude going on, it kind of dissapoints me a bit. But there are good apples and bad apples. I usually hang out with the good ones and casually talk to them. ^_^ The sad thing truth about that these "pros" are nothing more than kids flaunting their money around, IMO. =l So what if they have OP bots or even better skill? There are others who still have their dignity, pride, and of course, manners. No offense to those people like that, but I laugh a bit inside when they started boasting about their score or bringing OP bots to kill weak people. =_=

There are also players when they get first place, they started insulting others (I'm looking at someone called Na---a), and they kept their flap closed when they get last. ._.; I loved Triangle and Circle rank. True, there's still some flaming done, but it was still all good clean fun. I even know this one guy back in circle and triangle who DID have OP bots (Vanguard in Triangle Rank?), but he scaled it down to bots suitable for that room and everyone had fun. =l I do not think I have seen this in Arena rooms nowadays.

This is also another reason why I made a one-person clan until I really find a nice clan on my own in WIZ... whenever that is.

(Now, let's wait until the said people come in and start an insult war. >_>;; )
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:51 am

Reinel wrote:
I'm experiencing the same as well. There's no doubt about the presence of elitism across the game, and it seeps even here in FF.

Yep, here in FF. I know some admin deleted the posts, but when I said my opinion in the Sugoi bots thread (which was kinda wrong, I admit), I was immediately slapped away with what I sensed as an extremely sarcastic remark:

xzpwnz wrote:
Hagane wrote:
Reinel wrote:

Lrn2read, please. I haven't got a Sugoi bot yet, but I'm looking at it from a game design perspective. If I'm totally wrong, then say it, not just a "wat".

Hate it when you guys just slap posts away with that. You could at least explain the mistake, you know.
Asking is now impossible and posting things you've no idea about seem to be popular

Well, in a Pay to Win game like this, it can't be avoided that people who pay thousands of dollars every month to keep their elite status in this game would have a sense of entitlement, and entitlement leads to the cockiness that you said.

It's sad, really. If CS balanced everything, the community would have at least been a bit nicer.

The thing with this is that by posting here, people would assume you at least have some knowledge of the game.

Even by looking at the stats/carts(you can view them in the garapon machine after all) and observing their performance in arenas(for example, TBGs 5 clip missiles with strong homing compared to regular Toybox, MBG bunkers completely outclassing Mighty Byne arms, AG compared to Aquila - self explanatory surely? )

Even newbies complain about how the sugoi girls are OP, it's kind of hard to believe you're playing/talking about the same game here.

Quote :
but when I said my opinion in the Sugoi bots thread (which was kinda wrong, I admit)
To be honest, I would say you were more 'completely off' rather than 'kinda wrong'.
Taking that into account, Xz's
Quote :
is less 'extremely sarcastic' and more 'stating the obvious', at least to me.

Quote :

This is not directed specifically at you, but I get the feeling the forums would be a lot more helpful/pleasant if people stopped making passive-aggresive comments with implied insults at each other, yes? For reference, my 'wat' from that thread is far politer than what else could have been said, considering you were completely off the mark, so as to speak.

Fireflywater wrote:
I dislike the community too. This game has so many things for customization and concepts. But when introducing a brand new idea, it generally yields it to be verbally shot down by people who has played the game for 500 hours more and probably never thought about the goods of the idea. For example, I say Mountaiz, everyone says Fat and Slow. I say Rifle Bit, everyone still says Fat and Slow.

This game has huge potential. Shame though, the second a community gets added, it all gets grounded to dust.

I agree somewhat with this. There's nothing stopping you from using what you want to use though.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:35 am

Deleted flame-worthy posts.

Understand that what (´・ω・`) said is true. The good players don't care that they're good. They're just there to have fun, or do whatever it is they do in CB as a routine. After awhile, they don't try their hardest to be good. They just play, and oh, hey, I'm first.

Its a feeling you need to ACHIEVE or reach at least once before you start to understand that he's honestly feeling as such and sincerely making sense.

Elitism is a different ballgame, played by people belittling others and showing everyone else that they're not worthy.

What (´・ω・`) described isn't elitism; its the matter of the fact how most of the actual "pro" players feel towards the game.
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 3:56 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Deleted flame-worthy posts.

Understand that what (´・ω・`) said is true. The good players don't care that they're good. They're just there to have fun, or do whatever it is they do in CB as a routine. After awhile, they don't try their hardest to be good. They just play, and oh, hey, I'm first.

Its a feeling you need to ACHIEVE or reach at least once before you start to understand that he's honestly feeling as such and sincerely making sense.

Elitism is a different ballgame, played by people belittling others and showing everyone else that they're not worthy.

What (´・ω・`) described isn't elitism; its the matter of the fact how most of the actual "pro" players feel towards the game.

Lol, I see what you did there, anyway my original post wasn't meant to differentiate between the top tier players and lower tier players, but the attitude between top tier players. It makes sense for "pro" players to look down on players of less skill, but I find it doesn't make sense for them to look down on others of their same level. I am actually so confused as to how I replied to asukuu's post since it actually had nothing to do with my original post.

(´・ω・`) wrote:
I think the correct response to somone that a so called "pro" would give is that the person who got first place and beated everyone else is that most of us don't even try and are mindlessly playing the game to waste time because we have nothing else to do in life and just sit in arena and do whatever we want. I don't aim for first place every game i enter i just go do my usual thing

Hagane wrote:
I can switch anyone out like Hikaru and ask him what he would think of the room and he would still say the people are bad

The response in my example is one I've actually seen people give to others. Also I was just using hikaru as an example, I said that my example was exaggerated seeing as only half of those people in my example fit the criteria for what I said. I am too lazy to actually find an accurate list of people though its not hard to notice who they are as they are the ones who talk the most shit in AA or AAA rooms.[quote]
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 am

Fireflywater wrote:

Im a star rank w/o SUGOI but i would still say Mountaiz is fat and slow. With an additional statement. ITS UGLY D: (go ahead. prove me wrong and make it OP-level material. Then i would have something to throw my tune materials on )

I will stick to Aquila >_< (for L size non moe air )

(´・ω・`) wrote:

Hagane wrote:

^ I agree. So lets all mess around with crappy stuff against OP stuff. Like say, challenging a Vanguard with cannonballer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 am

Why all the hate, anger, frustration, and rage you say? It is just that people are not treating gaming as a fun leisure activity but as serious business.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:25 am

Hagane wrote:
-snip-

1) i dont like that u spelt my IGN wrongly. kindly change it and spell it correctly or poepl wont know me.
2) i scold ether whenever i see him but im pretty sure he knows im playing around.
3) i called Kanbara, asukuu, and xzpwnz crap. ... ok, when?
4) hikaru is a fag +1.

Last edited by Rinrin on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
AnTi90d
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
AnTi90d

Male Posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:41 am

I believe some people may be misinterpreting a good, old fashioned trolling for rage. Yes, some people do have a huge ego; others just say whatever they have to to illicit a negative response from you. If it is you who gets emotional, then you will probably make mistakes and take unnecessary risks in the next arena match.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 am

I find the attitude people show on CB interesting.

If we didn't have them, CB would be pretty dull. .....not like it isn't dull already
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:12 am

General commu is just that terrible that a casual would be able to constantly get 1st
Reinel wrote:

xzpwnz wrote:
Hagane wrote:
Reinel wrote:

Are you joking? A player of your tier Laughing
Shall we make a bet if I'm able to wipe out your entire commando with a single uc bot?
You should THANK me for being honest and not feed you a lie like you'd want me to because you couldn't handle the truth
You act like an imbecile and expect me to be nice? Here's some advice for life: Make sure what you say is credible before saying it
Turds like you are the REAL reason suguu left cbff
P.S. If you're going to give me a warning for this and drop my bar to 75% then fuck it
If that's what I get for being honest then I'd rather not be here
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:48 am

ziix wrote:
I find the attitude people show on CB interesting.

If we didn't have them, CB would be pretty dull. .....not like it isn't dull already

go to ijji. These kinds of entertainment are first class over there.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:54 am

Oh cool,I got a double feature!

TBH,I play this game casually and for fun only.

Although I do troll here and there,it's for good fun and measure.

My problem with the CB Commu would be those damned Indo's and Latino's (not the race itself,but the general stereotype of them).
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:04 am

Reinel wrote:
Thank you for the honesty, at least. Neutral

But hey, I guess you just proved a part of what I said! Some people do feel like they sit on high horses.

Sure, you may have your high horses, but please have the decency and propriety not to trample people around on them.

Or, you know, make an effort at least. I'd think you possess the willpower to do such a feat.

You know, in a hypocritcal way; Judging people to be elitist and then making such statements, aren't you sitting on a moral high horse yourself? What right do you have to say such things to a person who's honestly speaking his mind?

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:13 am

Reinel, to reassure what you said on the chatbox, yes your tier
The kind of tier that would seriously consider putting great power & run on his dikaros build without the help of me going out of my way to tell you it's a bad idea
You're just a waste of my damn time
You think I'm "trampling" you?
If you don't like the truth then just don't believe it
I'm just saying what others are probably too afraid to say

Last edited by xzpwnz on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PandaRehab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PandaRehab

Male Posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

People actually concern themselves with what goes on in chat? I just use the chat to confess my love to everyone in the room, and offer a night at a rundown hotel to them Wink
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:19 am

Panda is such a mood killer ;3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attitude of Cosmic Break Community   Attitude of Cosmic Break Community Empty

Back to top Go down

Attitude of Cosmic Break Community
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next