Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly

Go down 
+7
Tuskin
necrio
Valkyrie
reVelske
xzpwnz
IronDicks
boytitan2
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly Empty
PostSubject: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:26 am

This seems to be getting outrageously popular wtf. Needles cruz but to a small extent, Yuno is semi a whiney bitch for a while but his potential to be a cynical asshole shows very very early for some one that nice to kill and not blink a eye and try to keep a psyho stalker in check Has Grade A tier pysho baster material no matter how much he bitches., Ganta is a whinny bitch half the series. The main character in my sister cant be this cute was basically his sisters Bitch. Guilty Crown main characters a pussy.

Do the asian crowd like this cause it makes us Americans Kinda go confused . I mean i dont mind. But sometimes there unrealistically bitchy and useless its always a kid whos on damn near pacifist levels of bitchiness.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by boytitan2 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:30 am

make it more obvious that your ranting about gundam and cultures

also i guess i'll add in that asian cultures have a higher emphasis on respect, but i'd actually have to pay more attention to know what your even actually asking

edit: ok yeah, there is a huge value in respecting your elders in japan, it's probably lessened in anime but some core values would still be there
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:34 am

You just figured it out mikii?
Main characters these days are terrible

Last edited by xzpwnz on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:36 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Main character's these days are terrible

oh and if your comparing animes from the past to the future it probably has the same trend as english cartoons, they made it more 'modern' by pussying up characters and removing political incorrectness
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:44 am

IronDicks wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Main character's these days are terrible

oh and if your comparing animes from the past to the future it probably has the same trend as english cartoons, they made it more 'modern' by pussying up characters and removing political incorrectness

Most of the animes in the list were new silly Ill shorten up the gundam stuff wait Ill just use spoilers =D.

xz your corrupt opinion doesent count.

Actually Cartoons well the ones that go on DVD and comics are getting more violent and edgy which is a good thing to me =).

And I was asking basicly if there culture didnt mind more timid main characters as opposed to or culture.

Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 am

boytitan2 wrote:
IronDicks wrote:

And I was asking basicly if there culture didnt mind more timid main characters as opposed to or culture.

ever watched any of the neon genesis series? shinji is the most timid coward at the start of that thing, and he was still pretty fucked up at the end of it.

then again that whole animes cast had mental problems from the start/middle/end but thats why it was so good.

also made in 1993 when i was born
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:48 am

I guess kids back in the days were more into hot blooded stuff and idolize tough larger-than-life protagonists who can make 1% AS GOOD AS 100% WITH HOT BLOOD AND BURNING COURAGE.

These days, angsty teens prefer emo confused protagonists they can relate to.

Last edited by reVelske on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:48 am

Xz? Corrupt?
That hurt
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:58 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Xz? Corrupt?
That hurt

All rich ppl are its like a test. YOur moving up the ladder you either find out the fucked up shit about the world or already know. Those who arent rich are not rich cause they backed out and dont wana be a fucked up person.

Rev for the second time in a row which scares the fuck outa me you have a good point. Emo fags I forgot all about that sub species.

God They love everything twilight setsuna from gundam 00.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Rev for the second time in a row which scares the fuck outa me you have a good point. Emo fags I forgot all about that sub species.

He isn't the only "special case" in Gundam 00. I think that Hallelujah/Allelujah was more of a broken record. At least he wasn't a jackass like Michael Trinity.

Nowadays there aren't many characters that fit in the "Badass" category. Maybe it's because characters that are capable of being vulnerable are easier to sell to a large audience. Maybe it's a reflection of modern human society
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

He isn't the only "special case" in Gundam 00. I think that Hallelujah/Allelujah was more of a broken record. At least he wasn't a jackass like Michael Trinity.

Nowadays there aren't many characters that fit in the "Badass" category. Maybe it's because characters that are capable of being vulnerable are easier to sell to a large audience. Maybe it's a reflection of modern human society

Theres vulnerable then theres a faggot.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

The point is, anime needs bigger drills.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm

yea man, dose whynyy bitches are flooding anime an dstuff cuz they used all the manly guis back in the 80s and 90s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Until you realize Japanese girls love really cute feminine guys. (aka Traps)
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:38 pm

LXE wrote:

I remeber abolla posted something like that in one of her threads making fun of fainces taste in men. I almost threw up no man if u can call it that should look like that.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 11:07 pm

LXE wrote:

that why i miss big dude with muscle........
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:26 am

LXE wrote:

theres a point where it becomes gay, also your wrong, i've actually talk to a japanese girl from japan(and she was in japan at the time) about it before and they still like non-feminine guys.

also shutup with the trap crap

self-proclaimed trap = attention whore

Last edited by IronDicks on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:32 am

These angsty protagonists are often in anime that are not appealing to girls.

And there's a difference between being feminine and being an emo fucking pussy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:56 am

IronDicks wrote:

self-proclaimed trap = attention whore
No offense but, I'm just naturally annoying.
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 am

IronDicks wrote:
LXE wrote:

theres a point where it becomes gay, also your wrong, i've actually talk to a japanese girl from japan(and she was in japan at the time) about it before and they still like non-feminine guys.

self-proclaimed trap = attention whor
e

aye,it's already getting annoying.
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 pm

First of all, there's a difference between feminine men and straight up bitches. The concept of masculinity is slightly different in many cultures, and that being said; it's perfectly fine for a male to show non-masculine traits. However; characters who are whiny tend to annoy me regardless of gender. It's fine if they undergo character development, but the stereotypes BT is discussing seldom do. Also, this is by no means a recent thing. Keeping with BT's gundam focus; what about original gundam (1979)? Amuro Ray was super whiny. Ya, he could hit stuff in this gundam, but the moment he was beat, or he hit a slight snag, we were all reminded that he was a 14 year old kid.

Of course, going the opposite direction, overly zealous or super manly men really rub me the wrong way as well. For example, I hate Master Chief. Everything he represents is the overly testosterone driven 13 year old's fantasy. Idk, perhaps he's too manly for me, or I just 'don't get it'. Either way, I guess on this subject, a main character in any direction of stereotype never grabs me. I need someone unique who's amazing in their own right. A good main character can really pull a story together. [/rant]
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 pm

Gundam has BRIGHT SLAP. That alone boosts the manliness rating of the series by tenfold. That's why BT likes it so much.

Besides, if you want MANLY mecha franchise with LOADS OF TESTOSTERONE, why don't you play ZONE OF THE ENDERS. At least all mecha have LOADS OF BALLS there. And a BIG DONG too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:18 pm

necrio wrote:
And a BIG DONG too.
Spoiler:
This is just hilarious.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm

LXE wrote:
necrio wrote:
And a BIG DONG too.
Spoiler:
This is just hilarious.
even the MAIN CHARACTER gets one :
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:46 pm

dude, ZOE really give me the whole meaning of "Cockpit"
seriously............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly   Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats with the trend of useless main male characters or unmanly
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next