Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.

Go down 
+16
NovaZero
ChaosOmni
Ichijo
MissileGo
Desu
ironpen27
Hyoka
Vsin
Daylyt
Courius
CapeMike
FrozenEdge
MightyPeanut
Andaros
koi
azz33
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. Empty
PostSubject: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:19 pm

I have seen that since CB1 in CBEN, many things were added from JP server.

First the "loading" screen while waiting for enter garage or shop.

And "medals" on the last beta.

What else does CBJP has that CBEN does not?.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:23 pm

There are lots of features and bots that are not introduced in CBEN.
Go see it for yourself, you will notice it soon.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:31 pm

for one thing CBEN doesn't have the bazaar events, for another the selection of bots is much more limited, lastly it doesn't have Lily Rain E.V.E.! At least, not yet. . .
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:53 pm

The average match is also longer than in CBen(beta) due to everyone's bots generally having lower costs.

People really, Really liking repairing supporters is also something I've noticed
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:40 pm

it also have a beach map which is accessible in the fountain on the central area..... but theres nothing to do there actually.... -____-
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 am

MightyPeanut wrote:
The average match is also longer than in CBen(beta) due to everyone's bots generally having lower costs.

People really, Really liking repairing supporters is also something I've noticed

I can vouch for the healing supporter part...it's mostly what I play as! Smile
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:55 am

1 thing is certainly different : The Game Languange

*smacked*
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 am

Courius wrote:
1 thing is certainly different : The Game Languange

*smacked*

.....lol~

took me forever to notice that~ x3
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Vsin

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 am

It's not just the bot cost: playstyle feels totally different from CB EN, at least to me. In general, people are far less reckless yet they'll push forward coherently. Bot cost is lower, but that tends to be more of a build decision than the purchase restrictions. People are certainly capable of Quadzuraing weapons, but it never happens. Hell, you never even see people doing Full Burst. Instead, the big builds are mostly one powerful weapon that gets a thousand tunes slapped onto it.

The AIRs actually tend to be dumber over there for some reason I can't fathom. Almost all of them move in nice straight lines, though admittedly most people can't even hit that. LND is more or less "Short Boost or bust" with maybe 1-2 people actually using melee...one of which being the guy who just dies over and over. ART is...ummm...Destructor, Saggitary or bust. Nope, not even Lily Rain (those guys are using starters). Yeah, Lily EVE just came out but putting that aside you honestly don't see much ART that plays well.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 am

Vsin wrote:
Instead, the big builds are mostly one powerful weapon that gets a thousand tunes slapped onto it.

The AIRs actually tend to be dumber over there for some reason I can't fathom. Almost all of them move in nice straight lines, though admittedly most people can't even hit that.

that the reason, half of AIR Pilots in CBJP are L size and using wide AOE weapon (mostly blasters and stardust) with lot of tune in it... i admit they easy to hit them even with negatron rifles , but the problem the jp user smart enuf using advantage in wide area atk to fly above their target and shoot the area below without really worry about need to lock on.

in other hand... other half AIR pilot using Baltheon , and this one even cant move much, but they are pretty anoyying due their bubbles... especialy in power spot.

Vsin wrote:
LND is more or less "Short Boost or bust" with maybe 1-2 people actually using melee...one of which being the guy who just dies over and over.

half true... but half wrong, the shoort boost user ussualy using low cost S / M bot (frog lander, Zero Saber, Accel Saber, Jaguar Arm, etc) with Fast med ranged weapon (either vulcan, machine gun, or shotgun) with dual sword bit / dual spike bit on it. they even more reckless than EN jumpers due confidence in low cost bot but hard to aim due Short Boost. Ussualy ppl who choose this way are player have limited acces in Rt.

While the "Sword Master" ussualy using L size bot (aside Ivis/Ouka, yea... we same in this thing) with high tuned heavy-wide-area-strike-weapon (most used are Daedalian Sword AM, Slash Blade, or Scythe) with Soul Eater Catridge (mean the bot are maxed). The ppl using this way are the rich with Rt Access or the lucky player got good weapon.

Vsin wrote:
ART is...ummm...Destructor, Saggitary or bust. Nope, not even Lily Rain (those guys are using starters). Yeah, Lily EVE just came out but putting that aside you honestly don't see much ART that plays well.

yea... art used mostly only Destructor/CN / Girl, Lily Rain , Saggitaris, or Toy Box.cant be blamed they not using soemthing like sturbangers or marill march due they are impractical in arena... while other ART like gathima or boiler deck are hard to get due not very often comes and they ussualy Rt Garapon.

most Destructor/CN/Girl and Toy Box only doing "Turret Mode" with their missiles (mean they only shoot from afar while almost not move) ,especialy Destructor Girl and Toybox have most sick sub-missiles damage . While Saggitaris mostly only doing Sniping while keep moving around. Only lily rain tend go to front lines with various weapon... but mostly using shoort boost trick...

im sure still lot not comes in mine explanation due im not really Arena user... but yea... compared to EN user , JP user moer prefer function... maybe later we are in EN gonna be same due limited Acces in Rt Bots/gears after commercial release
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:55 am

Vsin wrote:
People are certainly capable of Quadzuraing weapons, but it never happens. Hell, you never even see people doing Full Burst. Instead, the big builds are mostly one powerful weapon that gets a thousand tunes slapped onto it.

Thanks to Japanese culture/values they behave like that.
Back to top Go down
ironpen27
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ironpen27

Male Posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 am

Hoppers everywhere... and i mean EVERYWHERE! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:18 pm

JPCB's main player base is actually quite small.
Once the ENG version goes live again,
Try logging in JPCB and you'll see how dead it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
MissileGo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MissileGo

Male Posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:24 pm

what you think the jp players wil lplay the en one?
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:09 am

Vsin wrote:
It's not just the bot cost: playstyle feels totally different from CB EN, at least to me. In general, people are far less reckless yet they'll push forward coherently. Bot cost is lower, but that tends to be more of a build decision than the purchase restrictions. People are certainly capable of Quadzuraing weapons, but it never happens. Hell, you never even see people doing Full Burst. Instead, the big builds are mostly one powerful weapon that gets a thousand tunes slapped onto it.

The AIRs actually tend to be dumber over there for some reason I can't fathom. Almost all of them move in nice straight lines, though admittedly most people can't even hit that. LND is more or less "Short Boost or bust" with maybe 1-2 people actually using melee...one of which being the guy who just dies over and over. ART is...ummm...Destructor, Saggitary or bust. Nope, not even Lily Rain (those guys are using starters). Yeah, Lily EVE just came out but putting that aside you honestly don't see much ART that plays well.

Main reason for the play-style being different is they've had plenty of time to learn that it's much more effective to work coherently as a group, plus it's a social mentality they have as well. In the US, and a lot of other "western" countries, we tend to be far too impulsive and "independent" this actually works to our disadvantage in an MMO, especially a PvP group based MMO. The AIR thing is because most people don't use ART effectively against AIR units, also when you're flying you tend to fire in the direction you're moving rather than where you're pointing, not always but a lot of weapons do this strangely enough. I use weapons intended for AIR on an AIR bot so this doesn't happen too often for me. Destructor and Sag are both fairly deadly, but I prefer a Lily, only with the Ivis hell did I reluctantly put my favorite fem-bot away. . . (excuse the Austin Powers reference.)
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:16 am

They already play.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:13 pm

My LND bot over there is an Accelsaver custom. I found that none of them seem to ever make use of Shadow Hunter's BS... which features an auto-tracking sub move (twin, homing-shuriken, 100 ammo/50 uses). And it throws them all off, especially because I can auto-lock when they are at my sides and still hit them. Plus, my bowgun/Fitz HD with bazooka is a surprise for them usually. I only recently started replacing my Viper shield with a halberd for some melee fun (they tend to kill my shield a little too quickly).

But yeah, they are different in play style. I actually prefer playing the game with them... though it is unfortunate about lag issues, otherwise it would be more enjoyable.

And yeah, the list of differences in content/setup is a lot, but we have been in betas, so hopefully FOBT will bring the majority of changes from CBJP over here.

A few mentionable things:
- Arena map maker (can use in Team Arena rooms you start)
- Sub-garage where you can store your inactive bots
- Bazaar events
- first person view
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:16 pm

FPS view was disappointing. Also not really good to use if you use a melee weapon, since you don't even see yourself swinging the weapon.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:41 pm

I seriously needed that sub garage for OB1 and 2....
ALL THOSE DAMN CRIM BOMBS
Oh and spending hours in garapon.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:28 pm

Desu wrote:
I seriously needed that sub garage for OB1 and 2....
ALL THOSE DAMN CRIM BOMBS
I know the feeling. Well over 200 by the end of Mini-Beta 2.

I ended up just leaving them all below the "You cannot use these bots until they are above the line" area. It didn't delete them and it didn't clutter up my inventory; all it did was make the scroll bar on the right quite sensitive.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:28 pm

FenixStryk wrote:

I ended up just leaving them all below the "You cannot use these bots until they are above the line" area. It didn't delete them and it didn't clutter up my inventory; all it did was make the scroll bar on the right quite sensitive.

Hard to let them be when the "NEW" function was glitching on all the crims.
And i got a majority of them during the 1st beta.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:42 am

TimeZone
Considering most of you guys are like in North America, logging in at night time at your side would be Morning for Japan. (Not a problem for me, i'm 1hr less of Japan's Time) So yeah it's usually dead quiet in the mornings. the most players i've seen in CB-JP is around 1500 players (During Bazaar Night). The lag was so horrendous, it was affecting Arena Fights.

Unions.
Well... there isnt much difference... WIZ has all the nubs, DOS has all the Shield Abusers, and BRD has all the Melees.
Course, the Zergers these days are BRD (Hence why i always try to be in a vs BRD Room)

Weapons/Parts.
There's a few parts that are still exclusive to CB-JP, not found on CB-EN, and a few bugs that's been fixed. Red Squealer AM.. i was so disappointed when i couldnt equip a shield and still be able to use Impact Punch. (Those hoppers got away with it too.). Thoarla AM3, a strong ABR that fires in a straight line, minus the ammo, it's pretty powerful. I didnt see any Kage Ouraikiri (Equippable Version of Ouka's Katana), so i'll list that in there. Daedelian AM2 (or was it 3).... and more.

Lag.
Well i dont know, on a good day of CB-EN, i dont lag... but once people comes in... i just lag so badly that i just die. (Like you've fallen to a pit trap). Must be my distance... for CB-JP, only laggy times are Bazaar or CyberStep VS Heroes... or if i've downloaded too much xD. But even then, Cyberstep Vs Heroes doesnt lag that much for me (I can still get a hit or two.) Though i wouldnt say the same for the GMs XD.

Events
CB-EN didnt have Bazaar at least on the end days of OBT2 and mOBT2, am expecting it on Final Beta. CB-EN's Lumberjack event was... poorly executed. :<. Cyberstep VS Heroes... well CB-JP is more exciting since instead of just running around, they attack once in a while.... spawn mobs that drop money... sorta like a combination of CvsH and LumberJack Event
on a -large- map.
CB-JP also has Daily Login Events, heck even now, if you level up a robot, you get star coins... Twitter Rewards (lol) and if people win CvsH, we get events.

eh that's all for now i suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:03 am

They reduced their servers alot because they don't have that much traffic
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:40 am

rei_hunter wrote:

Unions.
Well... there isnt much difference... WIZ has all the nubs, DOS has all the Shield Abusers, and BRD has all the Melees.
Course, the Zergers these days are BRD (Hence why i always try to be in a vs BRD Room)

well yea... even seems Wiz still better in numbers, BRD really full with ready-to-die melle bots.... while dos ppl often can break your shield in one or two shot due they always bring heaviest weapon around... sky full with dos Air Cannon or Lnd full with BRD zerg ... which are missing? sea?
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 am

Yes! I require sea battles, with submarines, ships and aircraft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.   So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?. Empty

Back to top Go down

So, whats the main difference between CBEN and CBJP?.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next