Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea

Go down 
+4
FireKiller87
CapeMike
FreedomFighter
Alpherior
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

Male Posts : 459

[Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea Empty
PostSubject: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm

NOTE: This post is a repost from a /commu/ thread I had started months ago, revised for the CBEN Fan Forum.

I've been thinking about this idea for a while now, so, here it is;

You have an Accel Saber. He's got 2 Pierce Guns on each AM, Assault Ox AMs (I know they're horrible, but just hear me out), and Accel Saber LGs.

For this BD, I can save this specific load-out and give it a name like "Pierce Spammer", for example. There could be an accessible list on the robot customization screen, or a button that leads to this list, where you can save your parts/weapons load-out for that core.

Lets say I'm waiting in the lobby and a specific map appears, where I think I would benefit from having a much smaller bot. What I can do, is take off the Assault Ox AMs and Accelsaber LGs, and replace them with smaller parts, and I can change the Pierce Guns to, Handy Bazookas, for example. I can then save this load-out as "Small Bazooker". This could become very handy when it comes to Epoch time and you need the right bot.

Whenever I need to change that specific bot to a different load-out I can just switch it right at the customization screen.

Q: What if I don't have the parts at the time for the load-out I want to load?
A: It will simply tell you that you cannot load it, or, it could give you a list of the parts/weapons that are already in use and ones that you do not currently have.

Q: I don't want to have to repaint every time I switch my load-out, if I use parts/weapons on other bots that have multiple load-outs.
A: There could possibly be an option so you can ALSO save/load the bots skin. You could maybe set one load-out to be mainly red, and the other blue.

Q: Why not just... Pick a different bot?
A: Maybe you only have one of that BD, or maybe you just don't want to have to level up yet another of that same BD just for a different parts/weapons selection.

Leave your thoughts and criticism below. My only problems with it is that it would be filling up the bot customization screen with even MORE buttons, and I can see it end up being glitchy to being with, and possibly abusable.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:40 pm

eh......sorry but you need to throw this idea into official forum, not fan forum.

Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:48 pm

FreedomFighter wrote:
eh......sorry but you need to throw this idea into official forum, not fan forum.

Read the first sentence.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

I actually rather like the idea!
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:03 pm

CapeMike wrote:
I actually rather like the idea!

This.
I do see this being abusable easily, certain precautions have to be put in to avoid this.

i.e. People cannot switch out bot builds 15 seconds or less before an Arena fight or Epoch, so people can't spring bot surprises on the other team. For example, switching just before the battle to a commando full of Seraphs when before you had a mixed commando. Or something like springing a full commando of Sugoi girls. That would be a very nasty surprise.

Also, the Lv5 limit rooms would have to be observed, as well as any future Chibi/UC/Specific Bot type-Only rooms so people can't try to cheat their way in with different bots.

Other than that, I really like this. It would definitely streamline bot building and give people much easier accessibility to different builds.
Back to top Go down
Neftie
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Neftie

Female Posts : 200

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:14 pm

This system are popular among huge mmo like WoW, where user can store a certain set, such as "DPS" set or "Tanking" set, make it quicker and easier for them to change the set without looking at the inventory and waste of time, ect.

I'd like this in CB because repainting and changing part all the time is painful.

+1 from me.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Agree.

I have a hard time switching around parts from 10+ bots. =.=
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:41 pm

I think this is pretty nice, when I Berz/Haku, I would like to switch weapons a bit faster since I switch bosse very often.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:42 am

funny how i been thinking bout this since this game open but CS seem can't figure it out.

took around 1min to change the loadout and sometime can't find part or wep i want because i have too many item in inventory.
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 pm

I know for sure that this kind of update could re-size my garage from 44 bots to about 35 or so. I have over 5 Accel Sabers and 3 Geograsis Fs all built differently.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:48 pm

I like the idea, yet I wonder: Y would CS do something that'd be to their disadvantage? I mean, when CS brings a bot that has the potential for different builds, and there's a player who would chose for both builds; CS would have profit as the player in question would like to have two (or even more) of them.

Nonetheless, it'd be an interesting time saving option.
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 am

Valkyrie wrote:
I like the idea, yet I wonder: Y would CS do something that'd be to their disadvantage? I mean, when CS brings a bot that has the potential for different builds, and there's a player who would chose for both builds; CS would have profit as the player in question would like to have two (or even more) of them.

Nonetheless, it'd be an interesting time saving option.

I was considering, at some point, that I would even email them about it. I was going to leave out the possibility of CS losing profits, and pretend that I didn't notice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea   [Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

[Commu Repost] Load-Out Idea
Page 1 of 1