Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife

Go down 
AuthorMessage

(Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife Empty
PostSubject: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:53 pm

Maker: Master Cutlery
Model: MAS-JP-3008
Length: 15inch
Features: Sawblade on top of the blade, good handle grip and bayonet looking design.
Also included: Sheath with sharpening stone, removable handle cap that holds survival kit in small waterproof capsule.

Picture: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img405/6751/thisisaknoif.jpg
(Standard sized 3inch blade pocket knife on bottom for size comparison)

Review: Boy oh boy am I sure happy about this one. I will start by saying this is not my first fixed blade, nor the largest. With that said, this is my first fixed blade knife that is designed to look like a bayonet knife. I've been eye'ing this certain blade for some time now. Finally, I found it on sale at Big5 and decided to buy it. I was both lucky and unlucky when doing so. Lucky because I got the last one and it was on sale. Unlucky because the last one was the display model. However, display model or not, it's as good as new. I've already tried it out and so far like the knife. Note that I DID have to sharpen it as it came a little dull, but maybe because it was the display model. After I did a little sharpening, it worked great. Overall, it came with a sheath that also has a little sharpening stone inside a little pouch and a minor "survival" capsule with certain important items in it. Said items include matches, something to light the matches with, fishing line, two fishing hooks and two fishing weights. You could easily put something else in the little capsule or simple put something in the handle of the knife as is. I personally like knowing that the knife by itself can fit quite a bit of minor gear inside of it if you find yourself needing said gear. The handle cap also has a small compass on the inside, but it's not working so well. There is also a bit of shoelace looking rope tied to the handle cap. It could be used to start a fire with the bow technique or something else. Or better yet, tie the other end of it onto the bayonet hole so that you will not lose the cap, even when it is screwed off the handle. I've not tried the saw yet, as I do not want to risk breaking off the "teeth" of the saw. As for the blade, this video best captures how well it preforms... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTk9p-tw2ts
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 am

eh lol, wtf

where did you find something like that? @.@?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 am

Vareluxe wrote:
eh lol, wtf

where did you find something like that? @.@?
Big 5, or so it's called
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:09 am

Yup, Big5 for 20usd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_5_Sporting_Goods
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:12 am

Mayhem wrote:
Yup, Big5 for 20usd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_5_Sporting_Goods

so, in 10 years, that thing won't come in my country -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife   (Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife Empty

Back to top Go down

(Knife Review) Jeep Survival Knife
Page 1 of 1