Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.

Go down 
+9
Dracatis
fhoeng
NotZetsubou
Bloodriver
PhoenixAir
FireKiller87
UncleBobbie
xzpwnz
Cybernetic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. Empty
PostSubject: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 pm

That's right, I can play AIR types, mainly Stardust gwayin, and a decent Aquila, if only the TGH could be higher, but tips are what I'm here for.

First of all, make sure to put prop bits on them, ALL of them, NEVER use slayer unless seraph, as her wings ACT like a prop bit, one use only though, so rather disappointing but useful, as for mecha builds, I wouldn't reccomend using any UC airs, sorry to say it but it's rather true, so RT air, kinda the way to play if you ask me. As for the actual builds, viper shields on L size airs, and TRY to use a blaster, double blaster, or ABR, ABR is a reccomended though, three round burst and good damage output, as for the LGs and such, your choice but I would go with seraph LGs mainly because of the built in BS' and good stas, and possibly three slots, AMs, ghost raider or accel, ghost for the closeness to the BD and some minorly good stats, accel I do belive increase TEC by a little, and can be gotten from SUGC, so good luck building out there!
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Lol

Off topic: An overwatch with such a low amount of posts?
And you won't even tell us your CBEN account? Q_Q

What is this, I don't even...
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:38 pm

Cybernetic wrote:
That's right, I can play AIR types, mainly Stardust gwayin, and a decent Aquila, if only the TGH could be higher, but tips are what I'm here for.

First of all, make sure to put prop bits on them, ALL of them, NEVER use slayer unless seraph, as her wings ACT like a prop bit, one use only though, so rather disappointing but useful, as for mecha builds, I wouldn't reccomend using any UC airs, sorry to say it but it's rather true, so RT air, kinda the way to play if you ask me. As for the actual builds, viper shields on L size airs, and TRY to use a blaster, double blaster, or ABR, ABR is a reccomended though, three round burst and good damage output, as for the LGs and such, your choice but I would go with seraph LGs mainly because of the built in BS' and good stas, and possibly three slots, AMs, ghost raider or accel, ghost for the closeness to the BD and some minorly good stats, accel I do belive increase TEC by a little, and can be gotten from SUGC, so good luck building out there!

Nononononononononononononono

Bits are only to be put on bots that benefit most from them, like Prop Bits on a Thoarla who likes to use Jupitizer.

Note: Seraph is a UC Air. Also, Sword Wing, Beezle A, Crimrose.

I'm going to be honest, I think shields on ANY Air are a complete waste of time and cost. I would much rather use that cost for MORE TUNING and/or BETTER PARTS.

Blasters are awful against smaller enemies(which is the vast majority of bots). Unless you have a superb core weapon/AM weapon/LG or BS weapon, don't even bother. Blasters are only really useful as PS breakers and fatass breakers.

Seraph LG is a nice part(always got those 3 slots too), but the lack of an open BS slot limits the amount of tuning and stat ups you can obtain.

Accel Saber AM increases TEC by...3, if memory serves. That isn't really "a little", tbh. And there are somewhat better options if you're playing S Air, whose details I don't recall.

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:40 pm

He's sash/a/ now
Edit: Great, now we're getting advice from 2 players who can't play airs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:48 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:
There's no specified number of posts required to apply of OverWatch.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm

i don't know how many things i want to hit myself with D= when it comes to advice nowandays
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

1. Slayer Bit is viable for all AIRs given that propeller bits are harder to get.
2. Seraph + Propeller Bit is also viable.
3. Seraph has Enhance Internal Weapon cartridges, please consider them.
4. Izuna Kamui Nagi, Sword Wing, Beezle and Seraph Crimrose are good UC AIRs.
5. ABR is good for S-sized AIR. L-sized AIR have better options than ABR.
6. There are also better options than Seraph Crimrose LG for L-sized AIR.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:36 pm

LXE wrote:
UncleBobbie wrote:
There's no specified number of posts required to apply of OverWatch.

Yes, but I expect an overwatch has some sort of reputation or whatever, wich is probably gained by posting a lot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:
Yes, but I expect an overwatch has some sort of reputation or whatever, wich is probably gained by posting a lot.
Only Mod applications require reputation.
*End of Derail*
Back to top Go down
Bloodriver
Newcomer
Newcomer
Bloodriver

Female Posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:42 pm

I think Crim LG is better than Seraph LG because of the cost.
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:48 pm

i view ace braver/frog lander/laz better than crim and serap lg bounce

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

NotZetsubou wrote:
i view ace braver/frog lander/laz better than crim and serap lg bounce
Not for L-sized AIR. bounce
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:52 pm

for l sized air, you either used a tuned leg for fly or look for something else. fly would have a cheaper cost tuning it instead of using something derpy like seraphs.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 pm

There are several ways to play air.

Chaser (garbage collector)
Ambusher (annoying opportunist)
Defense or Counter-Offensive (you activated my trap card)

Are the ones I understand the most. Each of them should have different wonder bit and different weapon/stat distribution.

I will just mention a few exmaples, since I am too lazy to do it in detail.

Chaser: Shaden BS, Seraph wing, AG full boost. They can invade enemy zone and get out alive better than everyone else, perfect for picking off half dead target and leave. Perfect for destroyer title. It is more about landing your shot than hitting hard.

Ambusher: Stealth and sniper sight. Just sneak around to the back, unload all weapon then fly away. You can drop a sniper bit at the back of enemy lines too. Usually you will have the motion of "land on a high hill" --> "fly half of your booster distance for assault" --> "return to the high hill for boost charge" --> "repeat". If enemy chase you, just go home.

Defense or Counter-Offensive: Baltheon is obvious enough, the not so obvious are those with high tec and broad radar while sacrificing mobility. They sit on their ass like arty and wait for some suicide chaser or melee to get near zone, then assault them with high damaging weapon; result should be a dead invader that did nearly nothing.

Some air bots can have multi purpose. Such as an alpha fag (an air with ton of weapons shooting at same time for high DPS) being able to operate in both ambusher condition and counter offensive.
Back to top Go down
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NotZetsubou

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 pm

@lxe
as phoenix said, even for l size air something still better than those crimu leg

except you are some kind of player that hate tuning pot so much and dont want to touch it anymore, use what ever you want
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Thorla LG's cause baby got back! Or those nice new Mach Knight LG's if you got em...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:34 pm

NotZetsubou wrote:
@lxe
as phoenix said, even for l size air something still better than those crimu leg
except you are some kind of player that hate tuning pot so much and dont want to touch it anymore, use what ever you want
No, I meant you can't put ace braver/frog lander/laz LG on L-sized air.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:23 pm

i think i would either shrink my bot as small as posible or pump TGH abit/shield so i won't get hit/stuned that much in arena
cuz stunned air is more fatal than stuned LND/SUP/ART

LXE wrote:
NotZetsubou wrote:
@lxe
No, I meant you can't put ace braver/frog lander/laz LG on L-sized air.
trufax
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:11 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
He's sash/a/ now

You don't need to be an asshole about it. If I'm saying something wrong, correct it. I don't have an issue with that, but if you aren't even going to bother saying anything constructive(why not ENLIGHTEN us with your ideas?), don't even make the effort to post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:37 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Accel Saber AM increases TEC by...3, if memory serves. That isn't really "a little", tbh. And there are somewhat better options if you're playing S Air, whose details I don't recall.
- Cross Raptor AM
- Tentrion AM
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:42 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
He's sash/a/ now

You don't need to be an asshole about it. If I'm saying something wrong, correct it. I don't have an issue with that, but if you aren't even going to bother saying anything constructive(why not ENLIGHTEN us with your ideas?), don't even make the effort to post.
Because no one asked
I'm not suguu, I won't go out of my way to feed you shit without anyone asking
And if I didn't make it clear enough that you shouldn't give advice when you need it yourself, then I am now
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:00 am

brickgale.

you know they're good.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:21 am

xzpwnz wrote:
He's sash/a/ now
the whole thread became a joke.
i stopped reading at the title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:52 pm

necrio wrote:
brickgale.

you know they're good.
You can tune to 39TEC and 38FLY with that and still have decent weapons that have weapon tunes.
However, you'd want to reduce the TEC so you can get 11TGH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.   Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some AIR tips, from a not-that-bad AIR type player.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next