Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for a Good Newb Bot

Go down 
+13
CapeMike
Dracatis
ziix
Shaftronics
Rinrin
Midreus
Nymph~
fggt
nzlk
Reinel
Zwiebel Force
Courius
Klinkin
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

Looking for a Good Newb Bot Empty
PostSubject: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:44 am

Well, I've come to the conclusion that I suck at CB, so I'm going to try re-learning everything from scratch. To that end, I need a good newb bot; something that's relatively easy to use, reliable, forgiving, relatively cheap (I anticipate dying often), and versatile. As a newb bot, it should also require a minimum of tuning and be almost, if not entirely, purely UC, with absolutely no gara-only parts or weapons needed. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 12:50 am

hmm.... how about GunRunner?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:55 am

Helingal is a fine newb bot: -&ms premade, it's cheap, it's super easy to use (y do I never use it ?_?"""") and doesn't recquire you to charge Rt.

If you're feeling lucky try to (t)roll UC Gara for a red haired Nicole Malice. She recquires you to swap the palette sometimes (start matche with her BD function, activate it after start, change to AM1 press E if you wanna take out her wonderbit). She also has access to Soul Eater below Lv. 6.
Back to top Go down
Reinel
Reinel

Male Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:30 am

Helingal is nice. If you wanna start hopping and just want to use a small amount of UC, a Frog Lander is great. UC garapon also can yield 3s Helingal, Nicole Malice, Blitz Pawnger, and Tonosama Lander, all of which are low-cost newb-friendly bots. You can try them out and not get shouted down by your team for hurting their BP for 1/5 of the total, so don't worry. ^^

If you're after support, I recommend Daruma Star or Tarantulic. Very small hitboxes and decent maneuverability, enough to keep you alive and do your healing.

ARTs? Cannon Baller is actually a bit tricky, but he's really good as a hopper and burst damager. He's VERY low cost too, so it wouldn't be -that- bad if you die. Other recommendations are Lily Rain and Victory 1.

If you think you can handle flying and have some Wide Beam Guns, buy a small AIR like Beezle A (remove legs, seriously) or Dikaros, stick some WBGs, fly and fire. WBGs are really easy to hit with, so they can be your first step in aiming.

Last edited by Reinel on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
She also has access to Soul Eater below Lv. 6.

Wait what, I was under the impression Soul Eater was a pitiful waste of 40 cap(and a cart).
Back to top Go down
Reinel
Reinel

Male Posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 am

Well..if you really can't kill, it -is- a waste of 40 cap. Actually, even if you do kill, it's still a waste unless you can heal back your damage with kills that fast.

Just get a guard or capa cart.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:46 am

Nicole for purely UC, no nid to tune since u cant tune and do good since u dont nid to aim.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:05 am

chibis is newb friendly, just stay back and heal, ppl will love you
pulsardio and malice also good to rack some point, melee is bad for newbs in general
helinga is a good choice, also smal cheap gunner with decent walk can't get you wrong, also shadow hunter bs is a good thing cuz it home nicely and able to hit airs, at least u have something to retailate those fagtors
Spoiler:
well, easy modo just use something that home nicely and stay away from dangerous enemies
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 am

be a boss

use an untuned x2 internal destructor cn with fat parts

:3c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:55 am

This is an old concept that came from a swell asian dude known as "Desu" who was known for his trolling, and that is...
Spoiler:
This will earn you a lot of haters and raging hunters, so this is what a newbie should NOT be using.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:19 am

LXE wrote:
This is an old concept that came from a swell asian dude known as "Desu" who was known for his trolling, and that is...
Spoiler:
This will earn you a lot of haters and raging hunters, so this is what a newbie should NOT be using.
sorry but jikun was only great before the ouka gara times.
its pretty much free food now unless u lag so much u cant be hit, but even then, anyone who does not have empty boost gauge can just press spacebar to dodge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:25 am

Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
Spoiler:
its pretty much free food now unless u lag so much u cant be hit, but even then, anyone who does not have empty boost gauge can just press spacebar to dodge.
Well actually, this was before EVE Garapon in official service.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 am

LXE wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
Spoiler:
free frag ish free frag :/
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:21 am

Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

Come, talk to my 38 Walk Jikun with a tuned Raid Rifle.

I'm sure you'll change your mind.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 am

Good Bot: Seraph Crim. (just use wings if you don't wanna tune)

Just rage-level it through quests.
You'd get tuning mats too.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:

Come, talk to my 38 Walk Jikun with a tuned Raid Rifle.

I'm sure you'll change your mind.
i think we are talking about dual shielded one scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 am

Dual Shield Jikun is a joke/troll build.

Here are some good UC bots.

- Pawnger
- Fizvalan
- Katana Max
- Accel Saber
- Seraph Crimrose
- Destructor
- Destructor CN
- Sword Wing
- Beezle
- Cannonballer
- Helingal
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 am

Thanks for the input. Since I've already tried all the airs mentioned except Helingal, I'll probably try a land; can I use a Blitz Pawnger effectively as a non-hopping gunner?
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:58 am

Klinkin wrote:
Thanks for the input. Since I've already tried all the airs mentioned except Helingal, I'll probably try a land; can I use a Blitz Pawnger effectively as a non-hopping gunner?

Before you use any singular build, find a reason to use that particular chassis, if you can.

Sure, any tiny chassis can be used as a non-hopping running gunner, though Accel Saber is significantly easier due to its base stats + 2 heads, being able to mount 2 headgears.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:11 pm

@Klinkin - Ask Sug... oh wait a sec... #em5

Pawnger is a sugoi low cost hopper, slap on a gun, and a buckler, get capacity and hop hop carts and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Victory 1 is the best newb bot in my opinion. Cheap cost(So death won't hurt as bad) with good firepower, doesn't take much skill to use. Easily can throw a couple zook's on and alpha everything down.

If you want a good LND, I suggest Fizaliven. Cheap cost, gains a ton of hp from carts, has a grenade HD that can burn people(and can be put on Smalls giving them access to grenades, a Large weapon). You can spec him almost any way you want, melee, hopper gunner, mixed, whatever.

Both are Medium so you can use most all weapons and try to find the ones that work well for you. Consider tuning the weapons, before giving your final opinion I learned because weapon tunes are pretty cheap, do a quest run and you can probably do most of them.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Let's see; I'll agree that Helingal is a solid Airbot...one alone is bad enough, but I've seen rooms with 4-6 of them on the same team...NOTHING gets away from that many Pulse Missles!! Very Happy

Victory 1 and/or Destructor/Destructor CN; V1 and CN's built-in main-type weaponry can give Airs headaches at most ranges and are quite tunable!

Accel Saber is a great Lnd bot with amazing versatility for nearly any role you can imagine!

Depending on your style, Cyberoid(gets Broad Radar very early), Daruma Star(small hitbox and agile), or Priestol(comes with Short Repair bit as default) are good Support bets!

Just my opinions, though! Smile
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:26 am

Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

Say hi to my 34/8 Jikun with shield, Handy and Pillbox for instant cover. Add Quick Boost, Tough Runner and Stun Regain oops, meant to say Short Boost to that.
No lag necessary.
Jikun isn't free food, it's really just a matter of not being stupid with your gauge. If it's running low then get behind something while it recharges. If you don't have jack shit to duck behind, then adjust your timing accordingly so you don't get caught with zero boost when three Airs are converging on your position so they can vaporize your face.

Or use Pillbox Units for free cover...

Anyway, the bots LXE listed are good if you're restarting. Normal Crimrose is also decent if given the right materials, just don't use Wisps. And don't forget Izuna Nagi and Tesla, both of whom are fairly good with some mods and are nice n cheap for you. Almost all of these bots are exceptionally low cost, except for Nagi and Tesla(possibly Helingal but I've never looked at him indepth), so you won't be dropped into the pits of Cosmic Ignominy if you happen to die a couple times.

I assume you're restarting everything, which means no tunes and shit like that. So dust off those Wing AMJs and BSJs and put em to work. If you're doing everything over, you'll need to use them until you can play at a higher level, when you'll take them off.
Builds...since you're taking the time to relearn everything you thought you knew about Cosmic Break from scratch, I'll say you should experiment and find your niche in the metagame, like CapeMike who found his niche in fucking with ARTs with Pulsy's EMP strike. Once you find your role, build bots that can fill that role exceptionally well, and you'll do well no matter what map or who you're playing.
In the meantime, get your bots, pick a general role(gunner, melee, support, etc.). Pick through the forums and find general builds, and use those until you do some experimenting.

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 am

Can't go wrong with a Seraph or an Accel Saber.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 am

Say hi to - We were talking about two shield lagkun typical right? Quit throwing around your original jikun builds in refute, Silly people.

Jikun's not even really a very good beginner bot. Because both Long and Hu are fairly versatile in their gameplay.

Helingal is awesome.
Nicole is also pretty nub friendly. Usable at low-moderate tiers of gameplay, and you can tune with parts if you really like her. UC or RT. But she does quite well untuned. A decent leveled Nicole with a good player should be able to do decently in most arenas.
Destructor Girl is also a pretty easy-mode beginner bot I feel.
Lily Rain is also usable at almost all tiers of gameplay.

*thinks*
Seraph/Izuna Nagi are excellent UC air choices. Izuna nice, being s-size M core, has good stats and access to L size weaponry if you so wish. Traditional air hasn't failed yet :3
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a Good Newb Bot   Looking for a Good Newb Bot Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for a Good Newb Bot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next