Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) Empty
PostSubject: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Anybody who plays it/ interested in it? its a subscription MMO based heavily on careers and little to no Grinding involved, all skills in game (theres well over 600 of them) train even when offline however training time is slow and some things can take several days to complete (especially if you wanna fly battleships and if we talk capital ships its more like months to fly one, not including the skills required to fly it properly) However this game is a beautiful game and has heavy influence on player cooperation.

its also single shard universe, with up to 60 thousand players logged in at once on the SAME server

Now this game is very difficult to learn, I have been playing for 2 years almost as still have not learned everything that there is to do, Eve is also a VERY harsh game, if you lose your ship (it gets blown up, destroyed whatever) you lose it Permanently so this game also has a very heavy emphasis on risk versus reward.

The game costs roughly 15 dollars a month to play (20 dollars for new accounts - there is a 21 day free trial offer if you ask somebody with a sub to send you one) however, you can pay for this subscription with ingame currency as well, effectively allowing people to play for free, as many people do. (Micro transactions exist, but they are mostly for getting quick isk(currency) and cosmetics)

The game features empire building as well, where one can take control of planets or even entire systems, the game is split into high-sec ('safe' space) low-sec (empire space, but not protected) and null-sec (true lawless, systems can be controlled by strong alliances and corporations here)

high-sec is where any unsanctioned PVP (something you don't want) allows the server police to warp to the fight and destroy the attacker, however the time that they respond to your plee of help depends on system security (1.0 to 0.5 only)
low-sec is usually when pirates hang out, you can get your feet wet with PVP here.
null-sec is where the big boys play, you'll see every type of ship from frigates to the massive SuperCarriers and Titan class ships, this is where Eve gets its name, fleet fights of up to 1200 players at once. There are alliances out there worth 10million USD in real life cash if they were to sell them.

anyway should probably stop typing, as this may fall on deaf ears as this wall of text usually scares most people away Smile
Back to top Go down
DevilLuck
DevilLuck

Male Posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:06 am

well i tried the free trail a while back and its a nice game to say.

but somehow the combat gameplay is sort of a turn off for me (guess im still a kid wanting actions :3)
Back to top Go down
alex761

Male Posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:59 am

tried the free trial ages ago, it was hard and time consuming, sadly i didn't have enough to fund myself for 6months, so sad
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:43 am

Combat System is unique in its own way. Less things to think about and less mashing of keyboards and possible things 'breaking'
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:22 pm

I play EVE whenever CCP feels like giving me another 5 days or so for free (happens every few months). It's a great game, but I just don't commit to subscription games well (which is why I'm playing crap like CB instead of a real game). My account's several years old, and the "learning cliff" has gotten a low shallower than it used to be.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:07 pm

How good is it? maybe I'll fund it with my account if its got good enough skills to help me in my industrial endeavor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)   Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall) Empty

Back to top Go down

Eve Online (probably speaking to a brick wall)
Page 1 of 1