Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.

Go down 
+11
boytitan2
Ropalx
Abolla
RST-00
Hyoka
NovaZero
Ryoushi_Morino
Desu
Midona
Feign
FullThrottle
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. Empty
PostSubject: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:47 pm

CURRENTLY STUCK IN LIMBO, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

I, LXE of Union WIZ, shall recite the Judges Oath of Neutrality.
My previous biased comments on this topic of debate from this point forward will be withdrawn and cast away. I will uphold the participants' views, perspectives and intentions above my own. I will pass judgement with fair righteousness and justice on all Unions, my own Union WIZ will not be an exception. I will adhere to the rules, the oath, and obey appropriate instructions and will apply reasonable suggestions given by the participants. I will support all Unions, including the fellow comrades, rivals, and enemies of my own Union WIZ. In any event that I break this oath, I will be forced to surrender this position and will not be able to return to this position.

ALL COMMENTS POSTED IN THIS THREAD MUST FOLLOW THE SET OF RULES

Union rivalry is going out of control, and people argue over even the simplest of things causing heaps of hate, rage, flaming. So I have created an challenge for you patriotic heroes of WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the Unaligned, How about instead of arguing, you debate on the topics? You can discuss anything that has to do with the unsettled Union Rivalry such as "WIZ is a Union of noobs, BRD should be number one.", "BRD should stop cheating for the Top Position", or "DOS is currently not the best Union to join" etc.

The rules are contained in this spoiler below, these may change so check them before you post anything.

Spoiler:

Points will be given to the participant's union by doing the following

• Attack and defence of Unions (including the ones that are not your own)
  • Good Sportsmanship
  • Pointing out the major flaws with this debate so that I will be able to fix it
  • No points will be deducted

Unaligned players (Black coloured Usernames), will be aligned with Chuck Norris so that they will not miss out.
I am currently looking for more Judges, to help out. So if you want to be a Judge, there are only two spots for each Union. WIZ has only one because I have already occupied one spot. Of course, you must recite the Judge's Oath of Neutrality. These positions are decided on first come first served basis.
An empty copy of the oath is contained in the spoiler below
Spoiler:

Last edited by LXE on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:18 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Points   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 pm

reserved

Last edited by LXE on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:07 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: WALL OF SHAME   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Union Comments and Posts that have scored points

WIZ - 10
Spoiler:
BRD - 1
Spoiler:

Are there any BRD people who would like to back Ropalx up?

DOS - 14
Spoiler:
CHUCK NORRIS - 6
Spoiler:

Last edited by LXE on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:00 am

GO DOS!!!!! cheers

btw LXE I added you to friends, feel free to add me.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 am

Nice thread, nice rules, though honestly, tl;dr...

Flame war in 3...2...1...
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:15 am

Feign wrote:
Nice thread, nice rules, though honestly, tl;dr...

Flame war in 3...2...1...

Are you trying to start shit on here? <_<
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 am

Sorry, but I feel obligated to underline this for the "Unhealthy rivalry" from you. Take it as an argument of why this is impossible.

"I'm going to be plain honest, sucks to be in those unions and long live WIZ."

As long as there is nations, there is rivalry. This is true in real, and so in game. The guys could be you friend (but you don't know this), and as long as he's from another nation, he's a bullshit cheater. I generalize, but this is how 95% of players think, me the first after a hot lost match due to hoppers.

I want to follow you in that idea, but this is more an utopia than everything else.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:04 am

LXE wrote:

Code of Conduct

1. No offensive language or insulting comments
  2. No overly biased comments
  3. None of the invalid points can be used
  4. Visual Evidence must be provided for each point you make so that we can be sure that you are not lying
  5. All points used must be valid
  6. No trolling in this thread as this is a serious topic
  7. All unions are to be equally with respect.
  8. Points will be awarded to good statements that support that specific Union
  9. All rule breaking comments and posts will in deduction of points and that comment will be named an shamed
  10. If you do not want to adhere to these rules, go elsewhere, we do not want any fights in this thread

Oh god how all of those will be violated when trying to have "Lets try to discuss which union is better" thread.

1. Anyone who tries to bump up their union, (lets say DOS) will be insulted whenever someone else says that WIZ is dominant.

2. All comments will be biased. No matter what type of discussion you will have, there are always at least two sides to it.
Neither are absolute, and neither is proven to be a hundred percent false.

3.Invalid points are what makes up a conversation between people.
Trying to discus which union is currently the "best" without adding a single invalid point to a sentence is like trying to bake a cake without flour.

4.Visual evidence is not always the best way to show something.
There can always be modified "proof" in real life or on the forums for this matter.

5. You're contradiction what has already been stated inside number 3. Refer my statement back then to replenish you idiocy.

6.Trolling is just a way of calling someone in the opposite position in the discussion a bad guy.
When talking about two thing there's always going to be a troll in each of them.
None the less inside three whole unions.

7. By treating a union with respect, or anything with respect it means you couldn't care less if you had apples, or oranges.
There's always a person who hates apples, and one who hates oranges.

8. How would points be awarded to each union if the judge himself is biased?
It will create tyranny,
And if you try to make the decision up to the people,
There will always be exploits.

9. Deduction in points is again biased based on the judge, and even the people.
Stop contradicting yourself and see number 8.

10. People will break rules as they please.
Not much can be done other than pointing them out,
And if you do that,
You'll degrade your already bad thread even further.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Ryoushi_Morino
Newcomer
Newcomer
Ryoushi_Morino

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:51 am

tl;dr.
Oh and inb4:
DOS no ppl ;_;
WIZ pro lol
BRD bangwagon not want.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:01 am

Ryoushi_Morino wrote:
tl;dr.
This thread is going to hell.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:35 am

Anyone could end this thread within a few seconds.

WIZ > All in CP race

WIZ > All in population

Population goes to Shuffle matches

Shuffle matches earn WIZ x2 more CP than all other Unions

BRD owns Epoch Battle, but WIZ's CP spam > BRD's Epoch Battle in terms of CP

Everyone in WIZ earns a free gift at the end of the week for being in WIZ lol.

Evidence is all there at the end of each week.
Back to top Go down
RST-00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
RST-00

Male Posts : 132
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days~

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:40 am

Mighty Byne does not approve of this thread. ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.anyhub.net/thebest404pageever/swf/rainboa.swf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:02 am

OK, just to clear things up, I am not participating in this discussion and therefore will not support WIZ nor any other union.
You can be biased but not to the point when it all sounds ridiculous. Since I'm not home right now I'll be changing these rules around that will fit as soon as possible. I take back everything I said about any of the unions and will agree with everything that adhere's to the rules. In saying that, I will not be biased as the judge you might call me, I will merely count the points and do nothing else. This is a test of WIZ's wisdom, BRD's courage, and DOS's Power. And remember, The results of this debate will not be absolute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:05 am

And also, my points that I used outside this thread are overly biased and will sound ridiculous. Therefore, they are invalid points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:16 am

NovaZero wrote:
Ryoushi_Morino wrote:
tl;dr.
This thread is going to hell.
IT JUST DID.

Last edited by LXE on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 8:16 am

BRD pre-battle prayer

Superior BRD, union of zeal and virility. Let the extirpation of the enemy proselyte be swift and the results ever amaranthine.
Let not their fallen feel rancor in our steel, but may they experience ardency in our vim, for in all that we do, we do to glean the bedeviled.

Our acquiescent appeal from the deity Bladine, Lok'tar ogar.
-------------------------

Now how does this relate to anything in this thread? It doesn't~ Seriously defending why one Union is better than another would be kinda dumb considering there is very little (if anything) gained for being best union.

For future references, also adding in that it doesn't matter if X person/clan comes from X union because that person/clan is still going to play at the same level of personal proficiency regardless of what union he/they play(s) in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am

Please re read the initial Post.

Last edited by LXE on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:14 am

LXE, if you could, can you please cut down the number of consecutive posts you make?

There's an edit button next to the quote button on your own posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:01 am

Hyoka wrote:
LXE, if you could, can you please cut down the number of consecutive posts you make?

OK, I will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:39 am

Abolla wrote:
BRD pre-battle prayer

Superior BRD, union of zeal and virility. Let the extirpation of the enemy proselyte be swift and the results ever amaranthine.
Let not their fallen feel rancor in our steel, but may they experience ardency in our vim, for in all that we do, we do to glean the bedeviled.

Our acquiescent appeal from the deity Bladine, Lok'tar ogar.
-------------------------

Now how does this relate to anything in this thread? It doesn't~ Seriously defending why one Union is better than another would be kinda dumb considering there is very little (if anything) gained for being best union.

For future references, also adding in that it doesn't matter if X person/clan comes from X union because that person/clan is still going to play at the same level of personal proficiency regardless of what union he/they play(s) in.

OK, I see your point.
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

LXE wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

OK, I will.

Omg the irony is so sweet Razz.

Also, BRD rules, why? because lios is freaking adorable thats why Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:46 pm

Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. This_thread_does_not_deliver_animat
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:03 pm

So now it's a debate that does not find a best but rather only points out specific points. lolwut?

Aside from a few people that like dry humping dead cattle, union rivalry ranges from mild to non-existent with most of the general population. What does a thread like this achieve exactly? So people point out X fact about X Union, who cares? Many if not all of the people on these forums would've already had a Union before looking on here and will most likely stay in that Union.

I can't say I speak for everyone but I stayed at my Union because of the people in it, not because of X factor about said Union. I know I wouldn't go WIZ if the people like to have pointless debates about a very insignificant topic.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:24 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Anyone could end this thread within a few seconds.

WIZ > All in CP race

WIZ > All in population

Population goes to Shuffle matches

Shuffle matches earn WIZ x2 more CP than all other Unions

BRD owns Epoch Battle, but WIZ's CP spam > BRD's Epoch Battle in terms of CP

Everyone in WIZ earns a free gift at the end of the week for being in WIZ lol.

Evidence is all there at the end of each week.

On that epoch battle note brd u lucky bumbs u get to attack wiz it should switch who u ge to attack each weeks dos should get that change for a easy free territory from wiz
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:30 pm

Abolla wrote:
So now it's a debate that does not find a best but rather only points out specific points. lolwut?

Aside from a few people that like dry humping dead cattle, union rivalry ranges from mild to non-existent with most of the general population. What does a thread like this achieve exactly? So people point out X fact about X Union, who cares? Many if not all of the people on these forums would've already had a Union before looking on here and will most likely stay in that Union.

I can't say I speak for everyone but I stayed at my Union because of the people in it, not because of X factor about said Union. I know I wouldn't go WIZ if the people like to have pointless debates about a very insignificant topic.

Honesltly the only reason I joined DOS is cause DRACKEN LOOKS FLIPPEN AWESOME AND SO DOES ARE AWESOME GUARDIAN SPIRIT IT LOOKS AWESOME, lol Im surprised everyone didnt think like dat I mean wiz leader look like a pink tin can lol I really taught everyone would go brd and dos when I played dis game and was like who wants a pink leader ??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.   Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Union Debate - WIZ, BRD, DOS, and the unaligned Unite! - Derailed.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next