Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)

Go down 
+21
shinigami
rawrz
ziix
boytitan2
-VB-
fhoeng
Aria
IronDicks
BNOISE
reVelske
Rinrin
xzpwnz
Z741
NovaZero
Wisp
God of Fails
Asagi-san
Nilla
Nisa
Astral_Dono
SL the Pyro
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
-VB-
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-VB-

Male Posts : 172

Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 am

make me remind of that incident where 3 Chinese girls brutally kill rabbits and recorded them for sale. That's so horrible for those poor rabbits Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:16 am

Never it was a news vid and didnt show the act ignore my comments U.U
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 am

This is getting too serious, I call for a lock or delete of this thread for the following reasons

1. A huge debate or flame war can break out
2. Lounge is for relaxed posting, not huge arguments.

Last edited by LXE on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:21 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Spoiler:

by changing it into a link it now requires you to have a youtube account over the age of 18, therefore removing the liability from the forum to youtube
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 am

One more thing.

Chinese are typically trained to be a test taking machine. They can't think outside of box.

That garbage collector was most likely an experienced veteran in life vs death or a pure genius/prodigy who can handle crisis. While most people get stuck in thinking "call police! ... nah... better not" the garbage collector went to look for the parent because that was outside of box thinking pattern.

There is a story.
A shop owner is testing new recruit, so he tell recruit A and B to go look for required part/item for work at east side of street. Person B returned and say he cant find it, the shop owner scolded him. Person A returned and bought the item for the shop owner and said "i couldnt find it on east side, so I went to west side and found it there"; shop owner fired person A. "person A was too smart for his own good" and "people who can act independently will cause trouble" were the thought of the shop owner.

Hence, my guess why that person is a garbage collector.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 am

fhoeng wrote:
Try calling police from a corrupt government that value you as dirt. Dog might worth more because you can sell dog meat. Try selling human meat; no one will buy, hence worthless.

I think you may have some VERY misinformed perception of what china is like. VERY. MISINFORMED.

I really don't want to get into the subject of dog meat and general animal cruelty, especially considering it's off-topic, but all I'm going to say is that there is a very big gap between life-style/mindset of the people living in rural and urban areas, and, well, generalization is a very bad thing when you are using the minority as the base of your assumptions.

And I do not see how corrupt government/officials have any relevance to the matter that's being discussed here.

And the policemen there are pretty damn effective and on-the-ball as far as I'm concerned. The doctors there are a little less tolerable and more corrupt, but that's a completely different matter and it will not get in the way of police/ambulance arriving to the girl's aid if called upon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 am

Now watching the video, I'm over 18 and I'm Cantonese so I understand what the guy is saying.

People from Hong Kong like me usually think the conditions in Mainland China are very very poor and most of us don't even want to cross the border into Shen Zhen or even progress further than the South East parts. So the viewpoint of the news should be biased to what Hong Kong people would see.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:29 am

reVelske wrote:
fhoeng wrote:
Try calling police from a corrupt government that value you as dirt. Dog might worth more because you can sell dog meat. Try selling human meat; no one will buy, hence worthless.

I think you may have some VERY misinformed perception of what china is like. VERY. MISINFORMED.

I really don't want to get into the subject of dog meat and general animal cruelty, especially considering it's off-topic, but all I'm going to say is that there is a very big gap between life-style/mindset of the people living in rural and urban areas, and, well, generalization is a very bad thing when you are using the minority as the base of your assumptions.

And I do not see how corrupt government/officials have any relevance to the matter that's being discussed here.

And the policemen there are pretty damn effective and on-the-ball as far as I'm concerned. The doctors there are a little less tolerable and more corrupt, but that's a completely different matter and it will not get in the way of police/ambulance arriving to the girl's aid if called upon.

I won't debate at all. I was there both in rural and city area China. Sure, city to city to rural etc will be a bit different, but I heard too many stories from them, and this is my opinion that I had concluded based on those stories. I knew different people from rural farmer to college student and professors to big business owner.

Also, I lived with them for quite awhile. One particular person I know from China is currently in the USA nursing my 86 years old grandma (because she speak the right language and is VERY diligent + patient, since my grandma is pretty nasty). My family helped her to become legal citizen in USA.

Last edited by fhoeng on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 am

LXE wrote:
1. Communist Government

*eyeroll*

LXE wrote:

Plus, I've heard that most hospitals in China are a living hell, a lot of them prescribe false medications just to get you sick and cure you over and over again. It's not a pretty sight, so you might as well die than go through this pain. Why would the doctors do this? They just want your money so that they can put food on the table.

Eh... I have no knowledge of this, especially considering one of my aunts is actually a doctor and I've had several family members been in hospital and treated well. So... I could do with a little source on that piece of information.

LXE wrote:
This is getting too serious, I call for a lock or delete of this thread for the following reasons

1. A huge debate or flame war can break out
2. Lounge is for relaxed posting, not huge arguments.

PEOPLE HAVING OPPOSING OPINIONS ON A DISCUSSION BOARD? MY GOD, WE CAN'T HAVE ANY OF THAT! LOCK THE DAMN THREAD!

:3c
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:36 am

@reVelske - My judgement is a bit off, sorry. But I think you're showing no restraint.

That is all I'm going to share of my own opinion, anymore will result in arguments so I will end my involvement in this thread here.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:43 am

sad
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:04 am

Right,since this thread got ninja unlocked for some unknown reason.

You have to understand their circumstances and such,as many people had mentioned.

Such acts of murder/disembowelment is probably always happening,but usually don't get such media coverage.

So rage a little if you must,but don't let it bog you down too much.
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:06 am

a few behind the scenes problems with moderation, continue as if nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
rawrz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
rawrz

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:55 am

This doesn't really surprise me, this shit happens all the time in China
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 am

reVelske wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
A humans life should be worth the same as an animals in china

Implying the same wouldn't happen in most 3rd world countries.

Heh, ignorant fuck.

I'm going to be brutally honest here, if I saw a poorly dressed black kid lying in a pool of his own blood in the middle of some small road here in South Africa, I wouldn't give a shit too. Would it be wrong and pathetic of me? damn right it would be, I'd probably feel fucking shit for awhile, but I KNOW that's what I would've done.

And if I was in still China and saw what is likely a xiang xia ren (乡下人, basically people that moves into metropolitan area from the poor rural areas seeking job and fortune) kid lying in a pool of blood in the middle of nowhere? I probably would've left it as well.

In the end of the day, it's just shit you don't want to get involved with. It is in no way the right thing to do, but in a 3rd world country, this is just how it goes down.
Are you not the ignorant fuck?
You're taking what I said too literally (I won't explain it to you because you apparently weren't smart enough to figure it out)
& tbh I would've left her there too
You could get sued by trying to help someone in that situation
It's the same as owning a resturant and giving the left-overs to some homeless
They could sue you if they get sick from it without a basis
Then comes all the troublesome attention
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:20 am

Makes me feel ashamed as a Chinese.

Man I f*cking hate my nationality.
Back to top Go down
Eridian
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eridian

Female Posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:26 am

This kind of stuff just makes me sad. What a terrible circumstance...
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:42 am

shinigami wrote:

There are positive and negatives. As time go on, I hope you see both, and not fall into an identity crisis.

China = a country that lost much of its tradition.

One thing I learned is that (learned way too late...), no matter where I go, I will still be judged as a Chinese/asian. They (non-asian) can claim that they are not racist, but there are some unconscious fundamental difference the moment they looked at you (especially your name); even if you are born and raised in USA/Europe/etc. The only exception (i know of) is if the chinese person's name is something like "John Friedman"; completely devoid of chinese/asian origin (even then, they still got a bit of hurdle). I can't say for sure, since I don't have much chance to really sit down and have a good talk with a chinese/asian that is like that; only heard cases. Parent of chinese+american british told me the tales, but never talked to the children themselves, who is working out there some where.

Sad, but there are still ways to be successful. However, not through the way of denying.

Ok, I am preaching too much. Time to stop. Play some games.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 am

fhoeng wrote:
shinigami wrote:

There are positive and negatives. As time go on, I hope you see both, and not fall into an identity crisis.

China = a country that lost much of its tradition.

One thing I learned is that (learned way too late...), no matter where I go, I will still be judged as a Chinese/asian. They (non-asian) can claim that they are not racist, but there are some unconscious fundamental difference the moment they looked at you (especially your name); even if you are born and raised in USA/Europe/etc. The only exception (i know of) is if the chinese person's name is something like "John Friedman"; completely devoid of chinese/asian origin (even then, they still got a bit of hurdle). I can't say for sure, since I don't have much chance to really sit down and have a good talk with a chinese/asian that is like that; only heard cases. Parent of chinese+american british told me the tales, but never talked to the children themselves, who is working out there some where.

Sad, but there are still ways to be successful. However, not through the way of denying.

Ok, I am preaching too much. Time to stop. Play some games.

b4 i say anything more, are you a mainlander?
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:28 am

Non-sequitur: She's not dead yet.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-10/18/content_13924846.htm

"The condition of the two-year-old girl, Yue Yue, who was severely injured in a hit-and-run accident, is showing signs of stability, Guangdong Daily reported Tuesday.

A video of the incident, captured by a surveillance camera, shows the girl being hit by a white van before being hit by another van a few minutes later on a narrow market street in the city of Foshan in Guangdong province on the afternoon of October 13."
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 am

As much as I'm sickened by this, it happens all the time everywhere you go. It's not a great shock that people ran her over and left.
It's very, very difficult to not notice running over something, since when you run stuff over, your vehicle usually acts as though it encountered a speed bump. I would certainly notice running over a speed bump, let alone a human who is likely to be screaming in pain. Not seeing her is understandable, but it's difficult to believe that they didn't notice running her over. That's giving me the impression that they were impaired by something or moving at high speed.

The bystanders, if they saw her and it was within their power, should have helped her. I get that the situation is probably difficult, but is it really hard to call police or get the attention of someone outside/next door/etc.? I don't know how poor the police record/hospital records are in China, never having been there myself, but...

And all you guys being stupid fucks about this, try and find a bit of humanity in yourselves, eh? This isn't a discussion about how shitty China and its system is(although I'm mostly of that opinion myself, there's a bit of good in it too), or about Chinese people are that callous or whatever. We're talking about a toddler who got run over twice and is basically fighting for her life. If you want to argue that so-and-so people are complete assholes and their political system is corrupt and shitty, find somewhere else to do that.

And for the record, every country has a subset of people who would do the same to a toddler and would feel not a pinprick of remorse or sadness. Every race has stains on its collective soul.

Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:18 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
Non-sequitur: She's not dead yet.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2011-10/18/content_13924846.htm

"The condition of the two-year-old girl, Yue Yue, who was severely injured in a hit-and-run accident, is showing signs of stability, Guangdong Daily reported Tuesday.

A video of the incident, captured by a surveillance camera, shows the girl being hit by a white van before being hit by another van a few minutes later on a narrow market street in the city of Foshan in Guangdong province on the afternoon of October 13."

This at least makes me feel a little better for her then. I guess I don't have the empty soul so many others have. I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, for the simple fact that my immediate thought was "what if I was that mother?" I can't bring myself to think about such circumstances, it just gets to me too much. I won't say anything else, since this seems to be such a strong topic.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Damnit Sankaku Complex, why did you jump to conclusions? It said that the girl was dead on their article.

Well, that makes me feel just a touch better. Still mad at the pedestrians for not doing anything to help though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)   Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Outrage as Chinese Motorists Flatten Little Girl (Viewer discretion is strongly advised)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2