Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sooo about this game...

Go down 
+17
Midreus
Moghul
nzlk
LordShade
Trill
BNOISE
NecroWing
God is a Cat Girl
FenixStryk
falcon1
Intet
centralheating
Turkeysaur
Suguri
IcyAmiki
Winty
Kazejin
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kazejin
Kazejin

Male Posts : 75

Sooo about this game... Empty
PostSubject: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Do you really need to constantly play the garapon in order to be considered a good player? I'm new kinda and I dont have much knowledge on this game, are the RT bots in the shop good enough? Can you be good by just spending UC?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:02 am

you can do well with UC, but your options will be extremely limited.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 am

Erm, no, you don't need to constantly play garapon *Other than UC Garapon* to be good players. It is more of finding a bot that fits you and you went on to tune it to make it stronger. Rt bots in the shop are good, but in overall pales compared to the Rt Garapon bots, but all in all it still depends on how you tune your stuff and make the best out of it.

Rt and garapons are basically things which widens the range of what you can do with things.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:09 am

Pretty much what Winty said. There are plenty of solid UC-only builds (or builds that require very minimal amounts of Rt with no garapon involved), but the English playerbase favors bots that require little to no knowledge of how to build to still be effective, which usually falls under the category of garapon moebots (Aquila Girl, Toybox Girl) and garapon melees that can usually at least out-contrib their cost on a suicide rush (Vanguard series, Mighty Byne Girl, Kuten Jikun Long, Ivis).

That's not to say there isn't an effectiveness gap, but gamewarrioring is completely possible without spending a cent.

IcyAmiki wrote:
Erm, no, you don't need to constantly play garapon *Other than UC Garapon* to be good players.
I'd say that after you have an appropriate amount of the accessories you need, your UC is better spent on UC->Rt and tuning than UC gara.
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 am

So I can be a pro with the RT/UC bots in the shop, right?
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:21 am

There's also special campaigns/events now and then which reward useful Rt items and Ro cubes, just think extra-carefully when tuning those up. I recommend rolling UC gara for Tonosama Landers, Handy Bazookas, Viper Shields, Level Limit Removers, Accel Saber parts, Hoverion's, and other stuff I forgot.

Back to top Go down
centralheating
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
centralheating

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:25 am

Sure there are them OP RT bots that require next to no skill to be good, but I've also seen a fair amount of UC builds that fare pretty well. Some of the RT shop bots are pretty good also, such as Sharhead and Brickgale from my own personal experience with using them.

As Suguri and Turkeysaur said, you don't need to spend real money to be good. You can get by on the monthly UC->RT exchange and the events that roll around.

Perfect attendance is running right now which'll give you Ro cubes at the end. You can get some pretty nifty bots out of them, RT bots included.

And don't forget it also depends a lot on the player! As you don't have the privilege of using auto-aim/right-click to win robutts and other such things, learning to actually play well is important!
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:02 am

Kazejin wrote:

Certainly
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:25 am

Kazejin wrote:

Pretty much. Us UC guys just need to work harder than the RT kids.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:44 am

You can manage, but you have to work for it. It never stops being an uphill battle.

Good luck. You'll need it.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:50 am

falcon1 wrote:
Kazejin wrote:

Pretty much. Us UC guys just need to work harder than the RT kids.
As long as you don't spam lagging Seraphs, yes.

Though, I don't remember seeing a player using UC bots, that made me think that they were good, because they weren't using Seraph or gimmick.
If it's not Seraph, Lagkun/lagquealer, hopper, 99.9% of the time, they are free frags. Oh, okay, lets round it to 99%. That other 1% are people who have more than enough RT bots, but still like to fool around with UC bots without gimmick.
Wait, lets round it to 0.5% instead. So the other 0.5% are the lagging Beezles on the level 5 room.
Hmmm... Actually it would be lower for both cases, but oh well.

But anyway. Yes, the shop is enough to do well. You just have to use more imagination, or struggle a bit more to make a good build. That's a maybe BTW.
Spend the little RT that you get on the shop first, but note this: Ask around before you buy something. Ask someone if they can show you the bot (on a team battle for example).
You certainly don't want to waste 40~50rt on something that you won't like, even though it looked cool.
I did that mistake with my first rt bot. I shouldn't have bought it just because it looked cool and good, because it wasn't as good as it looked.

BTW, if you can do offers, then do it. It might consume some of your time and patience, but it will give you a nice boost. (pretty much how I got so much RT stuff while I only charged RT a couple of times, and it wasn't even that much. [for sugoi/shop, and a little boost to buy the chibis of the previous campaign])
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 am

Would Amateus or Brickgale Red be a good start for RT bots?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 am

Amateus is fantastic, brickgale is fairly average.
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 am

Thank you, kind sir!

Now to figure out good builds for my bots! I still need to choose 1 more bot to stick with ;_;
Back to top Go down
NecroWing
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NecroWing

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:39 am

Of course you can figure out some builds.

Or you can do like 100% of CBEN and copy decent builds.
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:45 am

Hahaha, I don't like being like everyone else and using the same stuff
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:49 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
do you actually have examples of that other .5% that actually does well
without being troll air, seraph, hopper/float dasher, lagkun/lagquealer or ro cube (basically meaning rt) bot user?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:51 am

Kazejin wrote:
Thank you, kind sir!

Now to figure out good builds for my bots! I still need to choose 1 more bot to stick with ;_;

This will help you:
http://external.koi-sama.net/

Spoiler:

That's why I said that it's even less than 0.5%.

The problem is not the UC builds not being good, because they can be pretty good. The problem is the overall lag that doesn't really help builds that are "weaker" than RT or no skill bots.

Fly Based Destructor with a zooka isn't bad at all and can be full UC. The problem is that with the lag, zookas tend to be harder to use than they should. You can see your bullets going to a completely unrelated direction because of that. That pretty much leads to you to be killed. Sure you can get short boost on destructor, but in this case, short boost isn't meant to be used as a hopper does.

Airs doesn't have much of a choice. Hellingal is limit because of the parts lock, Dikaros... I never really tested enough. I never was an air user, so I might be forgetting some other good air. There's nice UC parts for airs too.

Lnds you have Accel for gunner, and you don't need to hop to score. The problem is the weapon, if you want to use a shield as well.

Though now with lag and the stupid amount of homing airs, I don't really see people turned to even care about UC bots. But then it's CS who we have to blame, for not balancing the game in anyway.
Before: Air for flying mobility, Lnd for mobility on land, arts for strong firepower/weapons.
Now: Arts are basically the same, Lnds are basically the same except more lagging weapons, airs not only have their mobility while flying, they also have one of the best homing weapons in the game, with as much range as an art's weapon and can even deal more damage than art's weapons, and all with almost no aiming involved.
Balancing? None.

It's not like the shop bots are bad, people just don't want to lose their time using them or even trying to when they can just pull out their Seraph wings/gimmick/lag/homing.

Maybe people should be grateful because I'm not spamming TBG/Kuten day and night (even though Kuten doesn't work for me, because I have no lagshield, so their shit will actually hit me, but melee isn't my area either, and I haven't spent the time to practice using her or other melee [which I won't bother tuning any soon]).
BTW, I'm not being serious in there, even though I do have those bots and don't really use them as much.

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:10 am

If you're new and planning on tuning/planning your first bot, I'd suggest looking at https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t6139-xz-s-guide-to-building-bots
Back to top Go down
Kazejin
Kazejin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:32 am

I dont know if this belongs here but I wanna try out a sharhead as my 3rd bot

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Sharhead

【Parts】
BD: Sharhead BD
 : Spike Bit(default)
 : Sharhead LG
 : Sharhead HD
  : -
 : Accel Saber BS
 : Jikun AM
 : Jikun AM

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: M
COST: 810
CAPA: 1195
HP: 410
STR: 12
TEC: 6
WLK: 26
FLY: 20
TGH: 9

LEVEL: 7

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×5
Short Boost
Boost Run
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:35 am

Garapon contains the 'interesting' or 'fun' robots.

usually the game gets boring just playing with the same robots, unless you just really really love this game too much *Cough* Suguri *cough*
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:36 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
whining
I like how all your balance arguments are basically "my own lag issues make every bot in the game OP"

LordShade wrote:
Garapon contains the 'interesting' or 'fun' robots.

usually the game gets boring just playing with the same robots, unless you just really really love this game too much *Cough* Suguri *cough*
(´・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:41 am

LordShade wrote:

usually the game gets boring just playing with the same robots

This. I rotate the bots I use regularly because of this reason. Incidentally, this is also the same reason why I find people who use AG 24/7 puzzling.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:43 am

The low TGH on that build somewhat worries me. I've always preferred Sharhead as a gunner type, so I'm not sure if jikun Am's (especially since non-RT jikuns will be slotless) will be the best choice.

I'm leaning towards either Amateus AM, or Build Arm AM, Ghost Raider AM, or Accel Saber AM.

【Robot Name】
Amateus

【Parts】
BD: Sharhead BD
 : Spike Bit(default)
 : Sharhead LG
 : Cosmo Kaiser HD
  : Cute Beret
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Accel Saber BS
 : Accel Saber AM
  : Handy Bazooka
 : Accel Saber AM
  : Viper Shield

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: M
COST: 1000
CAPA: 1255
HP: 416
STR: 11
TEC: 15
WLK: 21
FLY: 19
TGH: 11

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Stun Regain
Short Boost
Quick Land
Broad Radar

This is the setup I use on mine essentially
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:47 am

that sharhead:

put dual slayer bits on it

dual zookas, zooka/viper shield (make sure to either use handy zooka or the zooka that steel rider has in its hand in robot uc shop)

give it quick land aswell. short boost is almost useless w/o it.

tune for walk and the rest of the capa tune for tec

other good uc bots are: Izuna Kamui Nagi (u can either keep her, or replace her later with a seraph crimrose) Seraphs, Accel saber hoppers (i have 2) Brickgale, Aquila (there's a special build for it tho) amateus with greinaut parts, yeah, plenty of stuff to work with.

ALSO if you get EXTREMELY lucky and roll a super uc gara and get a nicole malice, you're set. it's a really good bot. (i've rolled like 500k uc in it, still no malice)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo about this game...   Sooo about this game... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sooo about this game...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next