Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General + Lily questions/advice?

Go down 
+2
Suguri
tao63
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tao63
Newcomer
Newcomer

General + Lily questions/advice? Empty
PostSubject: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Ok first of all I just started around 4 days and still trying to figure out how the game works. Now for the questions...

1. Is it advisable to tune up early in the game?
2. What's a float dash? I mean how it works, I heard its useful for lily but...I just don't know what it is
3. I started as a Lily Rain and I was reading around that I should get Misside AMs and handy bazooka, like where do I get them? And what's with those arms anyway?
4. How many levels of cost cap increase should I put in my starter lily?
5. Hopper lily? what's that?
6. I use 2 wing AMJs, a burner and little grenade or armor breaker with mini bazooka. Which one's better?
7. I don't feel like meleeing (yet, still uncomfortable with them) so any suggestions for my other 2 slots of bots? I kind of umm don't like the other 2 starter bots

Also I don't feel like spending RT until I get a better hang of the game and like it so if there's any suggestions, please put it on a newbie lvl and UC only
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:42 pm

1. I'd hold off on tuning until you know what you're doing, because tuning improperly can wreck a bot fairly badly.
2. Float Dash is a dash that replaces your regular dash with faster-than-normal flight at ground height.
3. Handy Bazooka can be found in lotto cubes and Super UC Garapon. I'd really recommend against misside arms.
4. All of them.
5. Lily with Short Boost and Quick Jump.
6. No comment.
7. Sword Wing and...I dunno. Lazflamme/Accel Saber/Shino maybe? Hard to know what you'd do well when you and I both don't know much about your playstyle, preferences, and strong/weak points. When you do feel like getting into melee, the only really viable UC melee is Red Squealer.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:02 pm

A Gunning Jikun's a viable run and gun bot if you do it right.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:08 pm

tao63 wrote:
Ok first of all I just started around 4 days and still trying to figure out how the game works. Now for the questions...

2. What's a float dash? I mean how it works, I heard its useful for lily but...I just don't know what it is
3. I started as a Lily Rain and I was reading around that I should get Misside AMs and handy bazooka, like where do I get them? And what's with those arms anyway?
6. I use 2 wing AMJs, a burner and little grenade or armor breaker with mini bazooka. Which one's better?
7. I don't feel like meleeing (yet, still uncomfortable with them) so any suggestions for my other 2 slots of bots? I kind of umm don't like the other 2 starter bots

Also I don't feel like spending RT until I get a better hang of the game and like it so if there's any suggestions, please put it on a newbie lvl and UC only

1. No. I almost did that, and fortunately for me both tunes I tried early on failed miserably. The Proto Cosmos tunes I did had mixed results, with the standout results being my Wing Plus AMJs with attached Proto Boost tuning.
2. Float Dash is basically a dash that utilizes your boosters to propel you with high velocity in the horizontal direction, and slightly in the vertical direction. If you've taken Physics in school, it looks like a 2-dimensional projectile motion problem. If not, you take a path that looks like a hill if you look at it from a distance. It's excellent for avoiding enemy attacks and dodging quickly but eats quite a bit of Boost and fucks really hard with your aiming recticle.
3. Misside AMs are...OK when you're still a noob(triangle rank or lower, maybe first diamond rank). They suck at higher tiers of play. Objectively speaking, Misside AMs are dropped from almost all areas of play(Arena, Missions possibly, possibly Quests). They fire two missiles that possess a base Force of 16. The AM has 60 ammo(30 left clicks since you fire two missiles per click), the homing is average to below average, and it is difficult to hit anything that isn't an AIR.

Handy Bazookas are useful weapons at all levels of play. You can acquire 3-slotted versions by rolling Super UC Gara. They are among the most prevalent Blast-type weapons in the game, and are often a staple of bots utilizing explosive weapons. Handy Bazookas possess 25(?) Force and hold 150 projectiles, one projectile fired per click. The only other way to get Handy Bazooka besides Super UC Gara is to get a Mechled or King Megaton in a [SP] Lotto Cube, both of whom will hold a 0 slot Handy Bazooka.
4. Most bots get all Cost Capa UP carts. You can adjust slightly depending on your planned build, but it's usually a good idea to take at least all but one of them.
5. Hopping is a term used to refer to a bot using the cart Short Boost. It's basically a Float Dash, except you cover a larger vertical distance and somewhat less horizontal distance. It's also very useful for avoiding enemy attacks, and(I don't know this, but I think it's true) fucks your targeting recticle a bit less than Float Dash due to the slightly slower velocity. Like Suguri said, Hopper Lily usually also takes Quick Jump to speed up the initial velocity of your hop.
6. Wing Plus AMJs are usually OK if you're still a noob. You generally want to avoid them in higher-tier games, although it depends on how much they extend your bot's hitbox and whether or not you can integrate them into your build without fucking the whole thing up. In general, avoid them if you're not a noob.

Most players eschew the Little Grenade because 1)it's not so great, and 2)they can't aim it to save their asses. Same deal with the Grenade. Volcano Grenade sees a little more use due to it's good Force.
Armor Breaker is a UC alternative to the Rail Gun. It's only for poorfag snipers.
Burner is really short-ranged, and usually only used on trolling builds or suicide rush builds.
Mini Bazooka is usually a staple on all Air builds.

7. Suguri's right in general. It really depends on your playstyle. The most offensively based UC melee(and really the only high-DPS one) is Red Squealer, more specifically Red Squealer AM. Jikun Long is also viable, and is similar to Jikun Hu(her Rush Kick does a kickflip at the tail end, sending your enemy into the air, unlike Jikun Hu). Sword Wing is a nice UC Air and is often used as a low-cost alternative to Crimrose/Seraph Crimrose or any other UC Air. Beezle A is weak but is usually just used for trollfag, extra low-cost builds. LazFlamme is a good LND for any tier of the game and is one of the first hoppers you have access to. She does a good job of it too, although you can also do a Sway build with her(which is a lot more uncommon and can catch your enemy by surprise).
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 pm

tao63 wrote:

1. No. Do the one for the quest, save up parts for later. Try get some good bots for the quest boss missions, they seem to be the best place to hunt rare tune-up parts. The regular quest levels will drop a bunch of basic tune parts.

2. ^ they answered this pretty well above. Typically due to how it messes with your aim I'd only use it on bots that have homing weapons. Lily is perfect for this. You don't need to spam this, just use it when you need a quick get away. It goes pretty far, pretty fast but in one line so you can get away from melee somewhat easy, but your a duck on a rail to shooters.

3. Misside AM's I'd only put on Victory 1, their cheap but they run out of ammo fast. Victory 1 can do some nice missle spam for cheap so they work for him since he probably isn't living long anyhow and if you do, good you got your full use out of them.

4. If this is going to be a serious bot you want to use down the line you need as many cost cap carts as you can do to tune it well. That said, any bot your just gonna use as a filler or maybe tune "someday" I would only get as many of them as you need to get the stuff on it that you want, because all their worth to you is a tiny bit of HP, especially for ARTs.

5. Hopper carts are Short Boost (makes you do a hop when you quick dash, thus the name), Quick Jump(Makes you hop higher and get to max flying height a tiny bit faster) and Quick Land(Lets you do stuff faster right after you land, also I think you fall faster). Lily I don't think has Quick Land so she's not as good a hopper but it is a really good way to dodge away and avoid chasers. Just don't spam it because people adapt fast and it is slower then just moving there(especially without Quick Land).

6. I love grenades, but Suguri is right they take quite a bit of skill and typically in this game you want weapons that go farther(unless you're a crazy that likes to use close range shotguns like me). I use little grenade on my Victory 1 because it's cheap and I use Fizaliven HD because it's cheap(and is a Grenade a small can use). If you get a volcano grenade, they are pretty awesome. Most of the UC Joint stuff is near worthless, their fun to play around with but when you get serious you find their lacking for their cost. But if you want to see what it's like to have a bit better stats before you spend it on tuneups the stat buffing ones can help there. Handy Bazooka is your friend. Learn to aim it at fast moving AIRs. It's cheap and effective.

Pretty much there is two playing styles of bots:
Run and Gun:
You've got one big weapon(melee or has plenty of ammo), you keep moving and hitting targets. You can have secondary weapon for breaking trees but typically you want a buckler or viper shield(s for some like Jukin) to raise how long you survive.
Alpha:
You are armed with several smaller guns. You move around tell you are relatively safe and have someone in range then hit both mouse buttons to release a salvo of damage. If possible you want Moving Burst, otherwise you want some movement cart that gets you away fast as soon as they notice your pumping someone full of tiny holes. Best if you have both really.

7. Personally I started small and cheap. I don't regret it at all since they will simply get you good damage before they die to some maxed everything bot one of these pros have. Until you have enough tune-up parts this is the best way to stay in the positive scores.

My personal UC favorites:
Fizaliven - It's a Medium Land so you can throw most anything on it. It's Head is usefully even for other bots being a medium that can shoot grenades(which is a Large weapon). Grenades have a good chance to cause Burn Status giving you more time to shred them while their forced running around making it much harder to hit you. It's pretty easy to make a hop gunner out of him and is one of three UC bots with some of the best cost carts in the game (20 cost for 25 hp). If you really want to be a pest throw a electron gun on him and between burning and stun you have a good chance of killing bots much more expensive then you one on one.

Victory 1 - comes with Dual Blast Bazookas that you can upgrade with carts. This is your anti-air. I run mine with a little grenade and a handy bazooka and misside AM's. Sooo many missles coming off a barely over 500 cost bot. AIRs will hate you, but you can alpha pester most anything with that salvo. Get your Enchance Internal Weapons carts as fast as you can too.

Scorpton - Possibly the most annoying stun in the game, it seems to spin them in a random direction in addition to stunning with his core weapon. Has no vulnerabilities to damage types, but also no type strengths other then it can use some interesting good wonder bits others can't as a Support. Throw a couple decent weapons on him to be a tiny alpha annoyance of hilarious doom.

Crimrose - I'm not a fan of airs but don't give up on Crimrose too easily. 12 seconds of flight is big and the game gives some advantages to airs. Throw a beam rifle on her and just find places to perch and snipe or fly and snipe. She gets a bit more hardy once you get some of those decent cost carts(for an AIR). Worst case scenerio you level her to 10 and change her into a Seraph which is a UC bot quite a lot of pros use.

Dikaros - You many not like Land Melee, so try air melee. Throw a Rapier or Double Rapier on him and you can have fun owning other airs or popping down to pester arts and lands you can catch by suprise(helps if you get a Tengu BS on him to jump back up in the air afterwards). Throw his AM on Crimrose for more fun.

If you stumble across a Star Dust Cannon throw it on Tengu who isn't bad, just a bit bulky, for fun and mauling.

If you really want to try cheap melee try a Pawnger with a Viper Shield or Buckler and an Axe or Sword(your choice of which, axe charge does a nifty spin attack, good for crowds). You can pretty much get your movement carts of choice on him and his cost carts upgrade his hp quite well.

Beezle A is the cheapest bot but the really low stats will prevent you from being too effective, but near best for it's cost. Always stick with someone that is going to attract more attention then you. The instant anyone notices your actually doing damage is the instant you'll probably die. Ambushing or chasing retreating enemies for a few shots is effective too. Just throw a wide beam gun on this and pester melee lands mostly. Cost carts give a bunch of hp but eventually you'll get high enough you'll just wish you had a stronger bot in general.

Cannonballer is pretty much the same but more restrictive since he can only use his internal guns. A fun pest, but if anyone concentrates on you for a second, it'll be the last second of that life. Mechled is a less restrictive version of him with arms but really you just want a Victory 1.

Upgrades:
Shino Exroad - A more cost expensive gunner land but gives a little but more and different options then Fizalivan. Kinda a preference thing.

Red Squealer - You can find this in Quest. A better alternate in my opinion to Jikuns. Though you can throw the AM's with shields on Fizalivan just as easily too. The AM's are one of the rare melees that are quite good with hopping due to their quite awesome homing of things and good damage. Also good to pair with another weapon that does a few hits so you can either do that combo or chase with the Squealer punch of doom!

Do the UC->RT and get a bit of RT. If you get 50, get a Bugsycait(Anti-melee support) or Ameteus(best shop Art). You won't regret either.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:18 am

1. >tune up only if you know what you doing , not really that agains in early... but at least you should know what you doing or already have an idea how your bots gonna become (use cosmic calc?)
4. >like i state for number one... get an idea what your lily goin to be... alpha strikers with tons of weapon ? full tuned on robots and the weapon? 1 weapon but full tuned ? your choice... get good use of our koi-sama calculator...
6. >full tunes better than Wing/RearWing/Wheel AMJ ... but if you need cheap solution, they are acceptable as long you know the risk... (easier to being shot)
6.1. >burner and grenade technically are short combat weapon, both burn and work best on close confine...
the different , you can use grenade to bombard far away STATIONARY target(example : Powerspot?) or doing WILD THROW just to scare your foe...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General + Lily questions/advice?   General + Lily questions/advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

General + Lily questions/advice?
Page 1 of 1